right, but why so hurt?

it will good, in the end
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*NONGH’s POV*

 

I'm carrying the ball and half runing to the court when I see Pie’s silhouette behind her class’s window. I winced; the sun is still dazzling when it has been turn into evening. But I m not wrong ... that’s Pie, standing beside Kim and their backs turned the court. I can’t see her face, but I’m sure that there is something wrong. I wait her near the stairs until Pie walk pass me.

 

"Hi." I greet her when she walk with her white bag. Pie turned, a bit surprised, and reflex smile at me. I know that smile; means that she is not in the mood for smile, but still forced because she won’t explain why her face is not good to be looked.

 

"Hi, Nongh."

 

"Are you in hurry?" I asked. She shook her head. "So let’s go to canteen."

 

"But you have a football schedule, right?" She pointed toward the court. My team members have start playing.

 

I shrugged. "Just a minute, me as leader have some right to be late, no one will blame me."

 

Pie looked at me with a miserable sight. "To be honest I don’t feel in the mood to talk, Nongh."

 

"Just fifteen minutes. I will treat you anything you like."

 

Pie finally agreed and followed me to the canteen. "So, what happen, Pie? Let’s tell me!" I command. She give me that forced smile again, trying to deny. "Please don’t pretend anymore, Pie, hurry up, tell me!"

 

She pushed her tea with tired sigh. "Mean has knows that Kimhan like me. And they are ...." Pie seemed not able to finish her words.

 

I choked my chiken wing that I chew. Really choking, until I snip all Pie’s tea. With still coughing, I want make sure one thing that appear in my head when I heard what Pie said just now. “Kim and Mean already break up now?!"

 

"Ssshhh." Pie who grabbed my hand brushed her sleeve with upset.

 

"Don’t say too loud. I don’t want this case would be a scandal.”

 

I'm not surprised Mean know about Kim and Pie. Mean, not blind. Me, who never so close with Kim can know, can describe, and can realize it, ofcourse Mean who called as Kim’s girlfriend will know easily. Surely she felt something wrong. But, Mean and Kim break up? This is a big news. And certainly will lead to a larger conflict for all parties involved, and my intention is turn to Mike and Pie.

 

"Is Kim say anything else? So what’s your answer? And how about Mean’s condition now??" I attack her with some questions, and Pie back hint me to lowering my voice.

 

"I don’t know." Finally she answered quietly. "How could all be messed up like this? There's no-one knows about me and Kim."

 

“Except me ... from the begining.”

 

“WHAT??”

 

"We are all not the stupid, Pie," I tried to make her understand, "we have eyes, and most importantly, we all have a heart. What you all hide, maybe Mean already know since a moment before, but she just keep it."

 

"HHmm ... Nongh, am I must be honest to Mean about this?"

 

I scratching my head that does not itch. How can I explain until she understands? "Here it is." Finally I tried to illustrate, "Try to place yourself as Mean, and Mean as you. One day Kim says : he likes your bestfriend. What will you feel?"

 

Pie tilted her head, grimacing. "It hurts, obviously."

 

"And you certainly wanna know right : is it just Kim’s feeling, or Pie also feel the same thing??”

 

Pie nodded again, weakly. She already understands. I chew my last chiken wing and threw another question, "Well, now, still as Mean, what do you expect Pie would say?"

 

Pie is remain silent now. It’s not easy, but I'm sure she knows the answer. Pie would say the last lie that she knew would be the best for the four of them.

 

I never felt this lie is wrong. Because when I asked, how do you want all of this is over? she already knows the answer clearly. Pie, this is your story. you are the author, so decide your own ending, by your own way.

 

Or maybe because I really loves Mean, so I won’t see her heart broken?

 

 

 

*Mean’s POV*

 

I still sitting in front of the canvas when the rain stopped. It’s almost evening now, the class would have been finish. Pie and Kim, will they back home together?

 

White canvas in front of me had drawn a half. There is a sketch of body on it, he was playing basketball. Scratches Kim’s face, that I sketch with colorful paint. That painting is not yet finish.

 

Is it worthed to be finish?

 

I hear my home’s bell is ringing. Soon, I hear my maid’s voice in front of my bed room. “Miss Mean, Miss Pie is here ...."

 

I let her in.

 

I know, seeing Pie will make me more sad. The girl who Kim’s love now is not me, but her. But, I want to make sure one thing, and for that I need her in.

 

I have so many questions. What have they done behind me? What had been Kim planned all this time? Is P

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter