Too Late :(

it will good, in the end
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*MEAN's POV*

 

Soon the graduation time arrives. We all began to enter the final exam period. We still wear the same school uniform, only our seniority is marked by three stars in our collar uniform.

 

There are so much thing that changed since three years ago when I set my foot in this school. When I first time saw Kim play basketball on the court, sweating, but he looks very handsome. Acquainted with Pie. Participate in the activities of the council together with Mike. Fall in love. Courtship. Friendship.

 

Not just me that changed, but all components in my world. Even Kim that I thought would never change. Apparently, he's not just my crush in school. It turns out I really love her as a woman loves a man. However, lately we are not the same. He is more often smoke than before. Often pensive. More often languishing in silence that hard to touch.

 

Sometimes I'm afraid he'll go. Afraid that he will leaves me.

 

"Mean, do you want some tea??"

Pie looked down, placed the box of cold jasmine tea in my arms. "Thanks." I accept it. We both sit on a bench next to the court, watching Kim play basketball with the other students.

 

"I and Mike finally ...." Pie mumbled, then stopped. "Hmmm....."

 

I grin. "Kissing you mean?" Her face suddenly flushed. I giggled, until she nudged me with his elbow. "Ouch! Hahahahaha. Finally, Pie ... congratulations!!!"

 

"Are we need to having lunch together to celebrate that?" sarcastically sneered, but finally she smiled too.

 

"How does it feel? Sweet? Want to fly to the sky?" I teased again.

 

Pie shrugged. "Uh? Just so so, not like what others say. Mean, is there something wrong with me huh?"

 

I nodded knowingly, like the love doctor. "That’s normal, I think. Definitely you surprised that Mike who usually never act romantic, did it to you."

 

"Maybe," she answered, not sure.

 

"For each person, the taste is must be different."

 

"How about you and Kim?" Suddenly, Pie asked curious to me, but her face immediately flushed again. "I mean, when the first kiss?"

 

This time, I was a little embarrassed. Remembering that night. Kim ride me off with his big motorcycle. It feels very free; the breeze, the sound of engines roaring, and I’m who hug him tightly. When we stopped in front of my house, he let go of my yellow helmet and kissed me once .. twice.

 

Beautiful. Because he is special.

 

"For me, our first kiss was romantic. It was like you know that he is the right person for you."

 

Pie straighting up her feet to the ground. "Hmmmm. I believe that it should be wonderfull to fill a moment like that, comfortable with a man. Loving and be loved by each other."

 

In the past, I and Kim did so. Now, I think I almost like don’t recognize him anymore. I noticed he is now throwing the ball toward the basket, and go gracefully as usual. As at the time he expressed love, a few years ago. Now, it feel like already very long time ago.

 

"Why do people have to change, Pie?"

 

Pie looked at me puzzled, but then smiled gently. "Still the same problem?"

 

I nodded. Until now it still makes me worry, panic, as if he would go whenever he wants, without me know.

 

"Kim is still somewhat closed." I start my sharing session.

 

"Since the moment of his mother passed out? right? You know that you can’t blame him, Mean.”

 

I squeezed empty tea box with frustration. "But I don’t knw how long he will continue act like this? He can’t constantly grieving. He can’t kept stay away from me like this. I'm hurt as long as I see him like this."

 

Pie said nothing.

 

"Until the time that we don’t know, Mean, wounds of a losing person maybe can’t be healed, Mean."

 

 

 

*PIE’s POV*

 

I carry a white backpack that has a rather dull it on my shoulders, then get ready to go home. English lesson finish earlier than usual, while Mike was have a meeting council to implement the new chairman of the election campaign because this year we will graduate.

 

I sit alone, waiting for a regular city bus that I used take. Yesterday Mean’s wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter