In Between

it will good, in the end
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*KIM’s POV*

 

I can’t sleep all night long, kept waking up and sweating a lot. Mean’s sad face, Mike’s disappointed face, and Pie ... Pie that maybe I'll never be able to get, everything appears alternately in the form of dreams broken connection that is difficult I understand the meaning.

 

Morning arrives slower than usual. I rub my body clean, fed up with the smell of tobacco that surrounds my body, even my pillow. Ready to go to school, even though I knew would come too early. It just 06.05.

 

From a distance I see Mike, buried behind Chemistry’s book, wearing thick reading glasses. Pie was supposed to sit next to him is not present yet, but Mike looked like usual. Maybe he'll forgive Pie. Maybe he can still forgive me.

 

"Mike." I approach him. He looked up, without expression. "I wanna talk with you."

 

Without I guess, he agrees and follows me into the garden behind the school. "What’s wrong?"

 

"I know you're still angry." I opened the conversation. There's no point beating around the bush when talking with Mike.

 

"I'm not angry," he said quietly.

 

"Great." I smiled in relief. Already I think he is not vindictive; always solve the problem by hand and a cool head.

 

"I'm not angry," he repeated more quietly, "but I can’t forgive. I don’t feel able to forget. And I guess I could never be your friends in the same way again."

 

I looked at Mike, shocked. His eyes calm, emotions that churned in his heart doesn’t shine there.

 

"Mike, I don’t want to fight with you just because of girl. I'm back to Mean and I won’t bother Pie anymore."

 

"And so, you think of all these problems is finished?"

 

I looked at the grass thatch with frustration. "Mike, I know I was wrong. That’s why I wanna talk with you, to apologize. I and Pie have nothing between us at all. I don’t want us to stop our friendship just because of a small problem."

 

Mike looked up haughtily. "Small problem, you say? Just because of girls you say? It's not just a girl, Kim! We are talking about Pie, and she is not just a girl as you said." He shook his head, and look at me as if I’m a little boy who is difficult to understand. "You consider that your heart’s changing is a minor problem, right? You always do everything that you want. Do you ever think the consequences before you act?"

 

Strong words like that I didn’t expect to come out of his mouth. And he's not finished. "Before you playing with Mean’s heart, what are you thinking how her feeling? Before you say love to Pie, what are you thinking about how her feeling? And, have you ever thinking about my feelings? You said we were friends, right?? You also said you love Mean. But, you are think that all of it just your toys. I don’t  feel need friends like that."

 

Ironically, Mike never criticized me like this before. Indeed, he doesn’t always agree with my behavior, but he never showed disgust and hatred as deep now.

 

"About all those thing that you said and did, Kim, what exactly that are you thinking about my feelings?" Mike, don’t you thinking that I also feel guilty already took something that priceless from Mean? Don’t you think that I’ve thinking that now I be the most bad guy in my own world, but I can not stop dear Pie matter how hard I tried?

 

Mike smile, but cold; slightly mocking, even. "You probably can’t control your feelings, but you can control your actions, Kim." It was his way of saying that I’m not yet mature, and I had to stop unwarranted.

 

I’m not say anything when he passed. However, before he actually went, I say my last words to him, "I love Pie, Mike. I’m really love her, I’m sorry."

 

The thing’s that I’m not guess is Mike turned around, grabbed my arm, and struck my eyes with his fist. Not too strong, but I know the whole anger concentrated there. Not too sick, but I realized he really wanted to hurt me. And then I hit him back, with the same frustration feelings. I hate you, Mike, because you are the one who Pie choose to be by her side. I hate it because my life was falling apart and you say all this is my fault.

 

We hit each ot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter