She knows

it will good, in the end
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*MIKE’s POV*

 

I walked into the cafe, looking Pie’s silhouette that must already sitting in our usual seats. She is there, sitting quietly in her favorite faded jeans, holding a glass of cold cola in hand. Mean there beside her, laughing at something Kim said, then got into the toilet.

 

Late again, Mike, can’t pick up Pie, I scolded myself. This past some weeks, I got a part time job in a clinic. A kind of apprenticeship, the night shift after school and on weekends from morning to evening.

 

I got as far as experience is truly valuable, and will look good on my resume, I said that to Pie when she ask me about this, but there is something else that made me accept the job.

 

I need money.

 

No, not to pay school fees are in arrears. Not for future savings. However, for a special gift for Pie. Her birthday is a month a head. I imagine a platinum ring. Rather expensive, indeed, but I ever see Pie stared at it as we passed jewelry showcase in a mall. Ring which I think is very 'simple', plain, without any rocks or anything. I don’t know why Pie lock her look into that ring. But I will buy it.

 

I want to quickly put the ring on her finger and see her smiling.

I go to Pie and kissed lightly on the cheek. Pie a lil surprised and her cheeks flushed. Apparently, showing affection with such a nice little surprise is not bad. I was very anti with kiss, hug, and embracing toher people in public, but when I do it to Pie now, I think the effect is so big, her face is blushed and I feel closer to her.

 

"Hi," she said, still with a blushed smile. "I've been order drinks for you earlier." She handed me a cup of warm macchiato, my favorite. Pie know it.

 

"Ouch!! The world seemed to belong to both of you right?" Kim struck my back with a joke. But still hurt, because his power is big enough. His face is smiling, but his eyes are not, so empty, sad. Maybe Kim still dizzy with his problem. Lately, he and Mean tastes often fight, little fuss makes Kim 'escape' into my house just to chat and robbed the food in refrigerator. Pity, his home more often empty. So, even though my study time is interrupted, but I let a little bit of my busy time for him.

 

"Yes ofcourse, until I’m not aware of anyone that ," I said with a laugh.

 

"." Kim grumbling, snipping root beer in front of him until empty. "Don’t be show in front of me please. I'm still not used to hang put with the kind of Mike who like this."

 

I exchanged glances with Pie, but she said nothing. I feel like Kim is more sensitive. It means that the problem with Mean is turn to be bigger. Maybe I should take the time to accompany him to play Play Station, though he always wins and I'm not good at play, at least the game is always makes he more relax.

 

That's what friends for, isn’t it?

 

 

*PIE’s POV*

 

Biology lessons work as usual. If in first grade we dissect the class time frogs and rats, in the third grade we learn more about the theory of a rather bored. I kept yawning all day, maybe lack of sleep.

 

My face is still often hot when I think of me and Kim kissing moment. It has been a moment passed, but it’s still fresh in my mind. We keep it as the secret. I still think everything is going as usual : I and Mike, Mean and Kim.

 

I looked at my pale face in the bathroom mirror. Wash with cold water several times, at least to wake me up even a little.

 

Suddenly, Mean burst into the toilet, with a hand covering his face.

 

Her body is trembling.

 

"Mean? What happend?" I rush to her, but she still doesn’t speak, covered her face and not face me. I realized that she is crying. I rubbed her back gently, trying to calm her down. Sometimes, when she is on PMS, she often sensitive and easily offended. Maybe today she is menstruating.

 

However, she throw my hand roughly, her sobs getting louder as if she had been desperately trying to hold it. I heard there is footsteps and soon led her into one of the toilet cubicles, hugged her to be quiet. I know she doesn’t want to get caught crying.

 

"What happend, Mean?" I asked quietly. She is still trying to ward off my hand and break away from my arms. She doesn’t answer, covered her face with her hands, and continued to cry. Tears were already seeping out, wetting her face. I her hair, confused. I don’t know how to calm people who are upset and crying hysterically, what more if Mean shows such refusal like this.

 

"Kim." I vaguely heard her say in the midst of her tears. She kept repeating that name while sobbed.

 

My shoulder wet by Mean’s tears. Without I realiz, tears also melt slowly on my cheek. "I’m sorry, Mean, sorry."

 

Without being able to stop, Mean ran out and called a cab; still crying, spilling all over her grief alone. I looked at her burst into the taxi and drove quickly out of the school gate, she doesn’t look at me even once. I’m the one who destroyed everything, but ironically I still consider myself as her friend.

 

Really, I don’t deserve.

 

Sorry, Mean.

 

 

 

*KIM’s POV*

 

"Kimhan?"

 

I turned around, found Pie is standing in the doorway. Classroom is empty, most students had gone home. I know, Pie has skipped the last class. I’m not find Mean too at last class. And I also know, why Pie looking for me.

 

"It's about Mean, right." I said it calmly

 

Pie nodded and walk over to me who is sitting by the window, watching the other students who are active in the school court.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter