Everything About Love

"You Know Nothing About Love"

"Hyunseong-ah!" A group of three 15 year old high schoolers ran up to him in the school hallway afterschool.

"Yo, what's up?" The 15 year old Hyunseong nodded at them.

"Let's hang out today!" Jungmin, Hyunseong's best friend suggested.

Seojung nodded. "Yeah! School's finally over! And we're officially Sophomores!" She jumped up and down.

Hyunseong laughed. "We can go to NomNomYo."

"But we always go there." Jungmin whined.

"Hey!" Hyunseong playfully slapped Jungmin's head. "Don't say that to the owner's son!"

"Sorry." Jungmin lowered his head.

Hyunseong turned to Suyoung. "A-are you coming along, Suyoung-ah?" He blushed.

Suyoung also blushed. "Yes, please."

Hyunseong grinned. "I'll treat you to frozen yogurt today."

"What about us?!" Jungmin and Seojung whined.

They all raced to NomNomYo. "Hey, Hyunseong-ah!" The cashier bowed as they entered the shop. "Glad to see you again."

"Don't need to bow, Hyung." Hyunseong laughed as he got his yogurt. "You're 10 years older than me."

The cashier shook his head. "You're the owners' son, I need to. Besides, your dad saved my mom from unemployment when FrogoYogo was about to shut down."

Hyunseong grinned. "My dad's pretty cool, huh?" He turned to Suyoung and carried her frozen yogurt with him to the cashier. He cooly paid for both of their frozen yogurts.

"Thank you, Hyunseong-ah." Suyoung giggled.

"You can call me Oppa... If you want to." Hyunseong stuttered.

Suyoung gasped. "O-o-oppa. Hyunseong-Oppa."

They blushed as they took a seat.

"Gosh! You bought Suyounggie yogurt and made us pay our own?" Jungmin complained as he grabbed seats at the same table as Hyunseong and Suyoung.

"What kind of owner's son are you?" Seojung interrogated him and took a seat next to Suyoung. "Don't date him, he's a jerk." She whispered at Suyoung.

"D-date him?" Suyoung was wide eyed. "We're just friends."

"But Hyunseong likes y-" Hyunseong shoved frozen yogurt into Jungmin's mouth.

"Tastes good, yeah?" Hyunseong playfully glared at Jungmin.

The door opened and a 41-year-old man walked in. The man just stared at the interior of the shop.

"Oh, that man looks scary." Suyoung hugged Seojung, scared.

Showing off, Hyunseong took a deep breath and walked up to the man. "Excuse me, sir, but if you're not going to buy anything, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

The man looked at Hyunseong from head to toe as Hyunseong looked familiar to him. "Who are you?"

"I should be asking you that question." Hyunseong countered. The man didn't answer but stared at him. "I'm No Hyunseong. Future owner of this shop."

The man gasped. He grabbed Hyunseong by the shoulders and started examining him as if he were a puppy. "Did you just say your last name was 'No' and that you're the future owner?"

"Let go of me!" Hyunseong struggled out of the man's grasp. "Yeah! That's right! My parents are the owners! And if you touch me again, I'm going to have to call the police!"

The man smiled. "By chance, are your parents' names Minwoo and Hyemi?"

Hyunseong eyed the man. "Yeah... How did you know?"

"Wow." The man smiled widely. "So Minwoo-ah really did buy this shop for her. And they had a child?" The man's expression saddened. "Did you say your name is Hyunseong?"

Hyunseong crossed his arms. "Yes."

"Wow, you look just like Minwoo. You're really handsome. I wish I had a son like you."

Hyunseong shifted uncomfortably. "Thank you, sir. You don't have children?"

"Not one."

Hyunseong gasped. "Why not? Are you married?"

"I'm not married."

"What? Why not?"

The man bitterly smiled. "I used to have a girlfriend I completely loved but I had to let her go. I never got over her. You'll understand when you grow older."

"Hyunseong-Oppa, is everything alright?" Suyoung grabbed Hyunseong's arm and Hyunseong blushed.

"Is this your girlfriend?" The man smirked.

"Not yet," Hyunseong mumbled.

The man grabbed Suyoung's and Hyunseong's hands and forced them together. "When you love someone, don't let them go. Ever. Promise me that?"

Hyunseong furrowed his eyebrows. "Who are you anyways?"

The man took out a business card and handed it to Hyunseong. "I'm the CEO of an American food company that is trying to debut in the Korean market."

Hyunseong read the business card out loud. "Shim Hyunseong. Your name is Hyunseong, too?"

Shim Hyunseong nodded. "Can you give that to your mom? Tell her to call me soon. I'm leaving next week."

"Do you know my mom?"

Shim Hyunseong smiled. "Yes. We went to the same school." He looked at No Hyunseong's uniform. "Seoul Arts Academy, right? Me, your dad and your mom went to the same school."

"Cool," Suyoung squeeled. Suyoung and No Hyunseong were still holding hands.

"Maybe I'll see you guys later. Don't forget to give that card to your mom." Shim Hyunseong waved and left the shop.

"Bye, Mr. Shim!" Hyunseong called out. He looked at the card and placed it in his pocket. He and Suyoung walked back to the table and sat down.

"Why are you guys holding hands?" Jungmin pointed out.

Suyoung and Hyunseong immediately released, blushing.

Seojung laughed. "Admit it, you guys like each other."

Hyunseong looked at Suyoung, wearily. 'When you love someone, don't let them go. Ever. Promise me that?' He remembered what Mr. Shim told him not too long ago. "I admit that I like you. Do you like me?"

Suyoung nodded cutely. "I admit that I like you, too."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes."

"WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Jungmin screamed. "About time!"

Seojung slapped Jungmin's head. "Idiot. Now that you two are FINALLY a couple, who was that man?"

"I don't know." Hyunseong fed Suyoung a scoop of yogurt. "He said that my parents went to the same school as him."

"Oh! Then that means our parents must know him, too." Seojung pointed out. "Our parents used to be best friends, right?"

"You're right, I keep forgetting that our parents used to be best friends," Hyunseong face palmed himself.

"I think it's cool that we're best friends when our parents were also best friends." Suyoung added.

Seojung pointed at Suyoung and Jungmin. "I'm surprised that you two look nothing alike since your dads are twins."

"I'm happy I look nothing like Jungmin," Suyoung stuck her tongue out.

"Treat your cousin with respect, you little!" Jungmin playfully pinched her cheeks.

"Don't touch my girl!" Hyunseong slapped Jungmin's arms. Jungmin pouted.

"Suyoung, didn't your dad, Uncle Youngmin, date Hyunseong's mom, Auntie Hyemi?" Seojung asked.

Suyoung nodded. "Daddy told me that he always regretted cheating on Auntie. But if he they didn't break up, then daddy wouldn't have married mommy (Sumin) and Auntie Hyemi wouldn't have married Uncle Minwoo. And I wouldn't have met Hyunseong." She hugged Hyunseong's arm.

"Bleh!" Jungmin stuck his tongue out. "Why am I related to you?" Suyoung stuck her tongue at him. "Dad (Kwangmin) said that he liked Auntie Hyemi, too, but he didn't do anything because Uncle Youngmin was in love with her."

"Yeah!" Seojung nodded. "Mommy (Seohee) used to be best friends with Auntie Hyemi and she said that they were popular in high school. Daddy (Daejung) met mommy in the mall and he fell in love with her. By all of the stories, apparently, Auntie Hyemi was perfect. Popular, pretty, smart, a great leader."

Hyunseong smirked. "Perfection is hereditary."

"Pft!" Everyone laughed.

"What? It's true. I'm perfect."

"Yes, you are." Suyoung agreed. They blushed.

"Bleh." Jungmin stuck his tongue out again.

"How did Uncle Kwangmin and Auntie Yoonjung start dating?" Hyunseong asked Jungmin.

Jungmin tapped his nose. "I'm not sure. Dad said that one day he just started noticing how pretty and funnny mom was and he asked her out."

"Ah, love is so sweet." Suyoung sighed.

Jungmin stuck his tongue out once again. "What's so great about love? It seems gross to me. Sharing cooties." He shivered.

"This is why you don't have a girlfriend." Seojung commented.

"So what's your excuse for being single?" Jungmin countered.

"They're going to start liking each other," Suyoung whispered in Hyunseong's ears.

"What did you say?" Seojung glared at them.

"There's a thin line between hate and love~" Hyunseong sing-sung.

"Love?" Jungmin asked. "With this thing?" He pointed at Seojung.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Seojung slapped his arm. Jungmin whinced. She pulled his ear. "Tell me what you honestly think of me! Tell me NOW!"

"Ow!" Jungmin struggled. "I think you're really pretty!"

Seojung stopped pulling his ear. "What?"

Jungmin rubbed his ear. "I said, I think you're really pretty."

She blushed. "Well, I think you're kind of cute."

Hyunseong and Suyoung started laughing. "Look's like there's a new couple!"

----- 'No' Family Residence (Hyemi, Minwoo, and Hyunseong's house) -----

"Mom! I'm home!" Hyunseong rushed into the kitchen and hugged Hyemi.

"Hyunseong-ah. Where were you?" Hyemi brought out some snacks for Hyunseong.

Hyunseong grabbed a cracker. "I went with my friends to NomNomYo."

"Did you have fun?"

He nodded. "I have a girlfriend, now, Mom."

"Really?" Hyemi smiled widely. "My son is growing up. Who?"

"Jo Suyoung."

"Oh! Youngmin and Sumin's daughter." Hyemi pinched her son's cheeks. "She's a cutie."

"Mom..." Hyunseong whined. "Do you have any advice about girls?"

"I heard 'girls'. Why did my son just say 'girls'?" Minwoo came back from work.

"Dad!" Hyunseong ran over to Minwoo and hugged him. "I'm dating Suyoung!"

Minwoo high fived his son. "About time. You've liked her since middle school."

Hyemi pouted. "Since middle school? And you didn't even tell me?" She walked into the kitchen and prepared Minwoo a snack. "Honey~ Eat some fruits."

Minwoo kissed Hyemi on the lips. "Yes, ma'am~" After grabbing the tray of fruits, he sat on the couch with Hyunseong. "So you asked her out today?"

"Yes. At NomNomYo."

"Where you can create happiness in a cup... Nice place to ask." Minwoo nodded in approval. "So, I should give you a couple of advice on how to treat her. First of all, don't go shopping with a friend that's a girl. It might lead to a misunderstanding."

Hyemi giggled. On the ground, she noticed a business card so she picked it up. "Hyunseong-ah!" Hyunseong ran up to his mom. "What's this?"

"Oh! I forgot to tell you. A creepy man came into the shop today and told me to give that to you. He said to have you call him soon. Something about him leaving next week."

Hyemi ran to the phone and dialed the number.

"What creepy guy?" Minwoo asked while his son sat back on the couch with him.

"Some guy named Shim Hyunseong."

Minwoo gaped. "Shim Hyunseong?!"

"Hello? May I speak to Shim Hyunseong please?" Hyemi spoke into the phone. She started crying. "Hyunseong-ah! We missed you!"

"Dad, why is Mommy crying? Who's Shim Hyunseong?"

Minwoo smoothed his son's hair. "Shim Hyunseong was your mom's ex boyfriend. When me and your mom were were having an arguement, he was there to cheer her up. They dated for a year before he had to leave for America. He loved your mom very much but he had to let her go because I also loved your mom. He was a very nice friend. We named you after him hoping that you'd grow up to be a great man like him." Minwoo wiped his eyes.

"Why are you guys crying then?" Hyunseong laughed.

"We haven't heard from him in 25 years."

Hyemi joined them on the couch after talking to Hyunseong on the phone. "He's coming over tomorrow night. We should invite everyone for a big reunion."

Minwoo wiped away Hyemi's tears with his thumbs. "That's a great idea. Are you happy that you get to see him again, Mimi-ah?"

Hyemi nodded and hugged Hyunseong and Minwoo.

"Mimi-ah? Is that what you used to call mom?" Hyunseong asked.

"Yes." Minwoo smiled.

"And I used to call your dad, Minmin-ah." Hyemi added.

"'Minmin-ah'? That sounds funny." Hyunseong chuckled. "So Mr. Shim Hyunseong was mommy's ex boyfriend? So when did you guys start dating?"

Minwoo and Hyemi looked at each other. "Well, we were best friends since eighth grade." Minwoo started.

"Your dad started liking Auntie Seohee in Freshman year and that's when I realized that he was more than a friend to me." Hyemi continued.

"We started liking each other but one day at the mall, I was shopping for a birthday present with my friend Eunhae."

"And I was walking around the mall with Shim Hyunseong. We saw each other in the Hello Kitty store and we got into a fight."

"Dad, what were you doing in the Hello Kitty store?" Hyunseong scowled. "Were you feminine?"

Hyemi pulled out the diamond necklace from around her neck. "He was buying me this."

"Wow!" Hyunseong looked closely at the necklace. "That looks really pretty! Then how did this necklace lead to a fight?"

"The necklace didn't lead to a fight. We saw each other in the store with other people, thinking that we were dating other people. We both got jealous."

Hyunseong started laughing. "You knew nothing about love."

"And you think you do? You're only 15!" Minwoo started tickling his son. Hyemi joined in.

"I give up! I'm sorry!" Hyunseong was laughing like a maniac. "Keep going! I want to hear the rest of the story!"

"Well," Minwoo thought. "Uncle Hyunseong comforted your mom when she started crying because she saw me with Eunhae. Uncle Youngmin also like your mom at this time and tried to steal her away from me."

"Did you fight for mom?"

"We almost did. At dance practice, I was giving Uncle Youngmin attitude and he got mad at me. He was about to punch me when Uncle Hyunseong protected me and took the punch."

"Woah, Uncle Hyunseong was cool."

"Not as cool as your dad, though." Minwoo started getting jealous.

"Of course. I have the best parents in the world!" Hyunseong hugged them. "Keep going, please. I want to know everything about love."

 

--------------------------------------------------

This is it... TT-TT The ending to the story... "You Know Nothing About Love" is over TTTTT-TTTTTT

Thank you so much for reading my first fanfiction story! For sticking through 'til the end. You guys all mean a lot to me and I hope I made a good impression on you, too. This story was full of drama and bad grammar but you still read it T-T I thank you for that.

I would like to take some time to tell you guys about me, the author of "You Know Nothing About Love"

Well, my reason for starting a fanfiction was because I was losing interest in English. My dream was always to become an author but my parents want me to be a doctor. I also had English teachers that did not push my love for writing. I'm currently in Advanced Placement English, I get good grades, but I honestly hate it. It's all about structure, arguement writing and boring essays.. So I found this site and gave it a try - my love for English was revived.

Now, for the inspiration of this story... The first, I think, 11 chapters all are true. It all happened to me... I had a best guy friend that I liked a lot but due to a misunderstanding, we didn't date. We're still best friends but he's dating someone else T-T That's okay, as long as I get to see him happy, I'm happy. My ex-boyfriend did also ask me out while my best friend and I liked each other. I also did date a Senior when I was a Sophomore and we broke up, unfortunately, because of a girl named Tawny for the same reason (also because he was jealous of my Minwoo -.-")... Please learn from my mistakes and don't let an opportunity pass. You only live once and that one life might as well be a happy one :D

Someone once told me that "As long as you're not hurting anyone, nothing is impossible" and I live by that saying ^^

If you guys enjoy my writing, the next story will be called: "Starship Summer Program: We're Your Boyfriends" or something like that haha "Starship's Summer Trainee"

Please continue to support me. It'll Kwangmin-biased so any Kwangmin fans out there? Lol

Anways, thank you all again for reading!

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful day~

I love you guys!!!

~ Kii-chan <3