Tell Him That You Love Me More

"You Know Nothing About Love"

Hyemi was still in a daze over what Minwoo did last night as she walked past the school gates. The hug. "I'll be there for you; I've always been there for you. Now and forever?" She asked herself. She looked at a crowd of people lined up to buy roses. Valentine's Day. Hyemi's heart skipped a beat when she saw Hyunseong standing in line. Oh? He's getting flowers for me? She asked herself. She smiled as she walked past the crowd of people and to Mr. Lee's math classroom.

"You seem happy today," Minwoo commented as she took her seat next to him.

"Mhm, I am."

"Oh! I have something for you. Come with me," he tugged at her arm. He was leading her to his locker that contained a bouquet of flowers.

Hyemi's mind was completely on Hyunseong the entire time. Where is he? He should have the roses by now. Is he going to give me the roses after school? Hyemi snapped back to reality when Minwoo hurriedly walked in the opposite direction. "Where are you going?" Down the hallway was Hyunseong giving Tawny flowers. Hyemi stomped down the hallway fuming with rage.

"Thank you for putting up with me." Hyunseong presented the rose to Tawny.

"Ugh," Tawny rolled her eyes. "I don't want it."

"Take it, come on." He insisted.

"No."

He shoved the rose into her hands. "These are for you. Happy Valentine's Day."

*PAK!* "Shim Hyunseong!" Hyemi slapped him hard on the cheeks. "That's it! We're over!" She ran away.

Minwoo was about to run after her but Hyunseong beat him to it. So he sadly walked back to Mr. Lee's classroom. "I'll give her my flowers later."

~~~~~

"That's it! We're over!" Hyemi ran away, no tears.

Hyunseong held his sore cheek.

"Your plan worked," Tawny commented. "She broke up with you."

"No," Hyunseong balled up his fists. "No, we're not over yet." He ran after Hyemi. "No! Come back. We need to talk."

Tawny burrowed her eyebrows. "What the heck? He got what he wanted."

"Hyemi! Hyemi!" Hyunseong called out to her repeatedly.

Hyemi dashed through the hallway.

Hyunseong sped up and grabbed her arm. "I said I wanted to talk to you."

"Why should I?!" Hyemi screamed at him.

"Can we at least talk?" He her hair. She slapped his hand away. "It's not what you think."

"What's not what I think?" She glared at him.

"I-" He stopped when he almost revealed his plan with Tawny. "Never mind."

"That's what I thought. Good bye." Hyemi turned to leave.

"No, not on Valentine's Day. Come on, Hyemi-ah."

She scoffed before she turned around. "'Not on Valentine's Day'? Then when? Tomorrow? Oh, I know! You want me to call you at 12:01am and break up with you. Then it won't be on Valentine's Day." She mocked him.

Hyunseong remained silent.

"Too bad, 'we' end today."

"No! We're not breaking up!" He said aggressively.

"I can do what I want."

"Come on. I don't want to break up just yet." He looked down. "I don't know what I want right now. But I do know that I don't want us to break up." Hyunseong looked like he was about to cry and Hyemi felt sorry for him.

"You didn't even remember our anniversary..." She replied, not as mad as before.

"Our anniversary?" He looked at the calendar on the bulletin board next to him in the hallway. "Today's the 14th... Wasn't our anniversary on... The 6th!" He quickly looked at Hyemi. "I'm so sorry! I can't believe I forgot!"

She shrugged. "Doesn't matter anymore."

"Yes, it does matter. You're still my girlfriend. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep," she said bitterly.

"Well, I'll be sure to keep this promise. If not -" He patted his head. "- If I don't keep this promise, you can shave my head."

Hyemi giggled but caught herself; he smiled at her. "You said that you don't know what you want right now."

He stopped smiling. "Yeah. I don't know what I want right now."

Her anger rose again with his response. "Well, when you figure it out, let me know." She shook her head and walked away. "Stupid, Hyunseong." She kept repeating as she walked into Mr. Lee's class before the morning bell rang.

"Mimi-ah!" Minwoo smiled as she walked in.

"Stupid Hyunseong. That jerk. I hate him." She continued to mumble and didn't notice Minwoo.

Minwoo sadly looked down but ignored his hurt feelings. After class, he rushed to his locker and got the flowers, ran back and gave it to Hyemi. "Mimi-ah, these are for you. Happy Valentine's Day!"

She smiled. "Thank you, Minwoo, these are beautiful." She excepted them and kissed him on the cheek.

He blushed. "Y-you're welcome."

Down the hallway, Hyunseong saw Hyemi kissing Minwoo with a bouquet in her arms. "Minwoo... It's not your turn yet. She's still mines." He balled up his fists in jealousy.

----- Next day; afterschool -----

"Minmin-ah, you need to back up your position more. Maybe mention another credible source to make your arguement stronger." Hyemi was helping Minwoo with his English essay in the library.

"But that's too hard." Minwoo whined.

"Do you want an A or not?"

He pouted. "I want an A."

She tapped the desk, "Then keep writing."

"Hyemi-ah..." Hyunseong walked up to their desk.

"What do you want?" She growled at him.

"Can we talk?"

Hyemi shook her head.

"Mimi-ah, don't be stubborn." Minwoo gently pushed her off of the chair and winked at her.

She stuck her tongue out at him. "I'll be right back." Minwoo nodded.

Hyunseong led Hyemi out into the hallway. He walked slowly, thinking of what to say. "I'm sorry about yesterday."

"There's nothing to be sorry about." She crossed her arms.

"It's not what you think. I just gave those roses to her as a thank you for being a good friend."

"You mean a good girl friend?"

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Not yet."

"No, she'll never be. Hyemi-ah, you're my only girlfriend." Hyunseong stopped but Hyemi kept on walking. "Hyemi-ah, give me another chance! I love you!"

She turned around and looked him in the eye. "Are you sure? If I give you another chance, are you going to waste it?"

He shook his head. "I love you, Hyemi-ah, please don't leave me..." A tear slid its way down his cheeks.

She smiled and hugged him. "I'll never leave you, Hyunseong-Oppa. I love you too much."

~~~~~

Minwoo was hiding behind the lockers, eavesdropping on Hyemi and Hyunseong's conversation.

"I love you, Hyemi-ah, please don't leave me..." He heard Hyunseong say.

"Tell him that you don't love him, Mimi-ah. Tell him that you love me more." Minwoo whispered to himself.

"I'll never leave you, Hyunseong-Oppa. I love you too much."

Minwoo slid to the ground, defeated. "Mimi-ah... I love you more than Hyunseong will ever love you; can't you see that?" He stayed there, emotionless for an hour. Hyemi kept calling him so he turned off his phone and just sat there. When he heard her calling his name down the hallway, he stood up and ran out of the school. He didn't stop. He just kept running. Before he realized it, he walked into a barbers shop.

"Hello, would you like to get a haircut today?" The cashier lady greeted him.

Minwoo nodded.

"Please sit in the chair on the left."

He did as he was told.

A lady came out from the back of the shop with scissors in hand. "Hello, handsome young man. How would you like me to cut your hair today?"

Minwoo thought for a second and began to describe the exact hair cut he wanted.

"No problem, sweetie. I'll make you look amazing."

He nodded and closed his eyes.

After thirty minutes, the lady tapped him on the shoulders. "You can open your eyes now. You look great."

Minwoo slowly opened his eyes. "It's perfect. Thank you." He smirked. His hair was identical to Hyunseong's.

 

--------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating all week >< Final exams were SO HARD

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

- Kii-chan <3