Homecoming: Part One

"You Know Nothing About Love"

A month had already passed and it was finally time to prepare for Homecoming week. Homecoming is a celebration in honor of alumni of the school. The different grade levels compete in class competitions to show spirit and prove who's the best grade level in the school.

"Ok! Everyone here for the Floorshow (like a musical on the football field) performance full-run through rehearsal, into the field! Whoever's helping to finalize the banner, in the classroom! Volleyball players, into the gym! Homecoming starts next week, guys! We can do it!" Hyemi shouted to a crowd of energized Freshmen afterschool. She was Vice President of the Freshmen class as well as in charge of homecoming preparations.

"Hyemi-ah!" Minwoo called out to her from the crowd of departing Freshmen. When she found him, he tossed her her floorshow costume. "Thanks, Minmin!" They walked over to the field where tons people were setting up the props for the full-run through rehearsal.

After everyone got dressed, Hyemi stood up on a chair to make an announcement. "Are you guys ready to rehearse?" The crowd cheered. "I can't hear you!" The crowd cheered louder. Satisfied, Hyemi pushed the play button on the CD player and music boomed through the speakers. Hyemi hurried to her position next to Minwoo. He smiled at her but she was too busy making sure everyone was in the right spot to even notice him. He frowned a little.

After a few minutes of acting, Minwoo and Hyemi ran to the center of the field for the spotlight dance. They were the two best dancers in the Freshmen class so they had the honor of doing a partner dance. "Ah!"  In the middle of their short dance, the part where he carries her and spins her around, Minwoo twisted his ankle. He placed Hyemi back onto the grass before he fell onto his side in pain.

"Minwoo-ah!" Hyemi yelled, grabbing his shoulders. "Seohee turn off the music!" The music stopped and everyone rushed over to where Minwoo was in pain. "Let's take you to the nurse's." Hyemi pulled Minwoo up gently.

"I'll take him," Seohee offered.

"No," Hyemi retorted. "Can you continue where we left off, please?" Hyemi supported Minwoo up.

"Nice going, Hyemi," Youngmin, Hyemi's ex-boyfriend blurted out. "You're so fat that his ankle broke when he carried you."

"Shut up, jerk." Hyemi yelled at Youngmin. He cursed under his breath because the perfect and kind Hyemi yelled at him infront of everyone.

---- After 10mins in the nurse's office -----

"Avoid any pressure on your ankle for at least three days. It's nothing serious; you only sprained it. To stop the sweling, put ice on it for fifteen minutes a day and keep this brace on." The nurse instructed. Minwoo nodded as he shifted off of the patient bed. He groaned when he put pressure on his ankle. "Be careful, sweetie," the nurse warned.

Minwoo put his arm around Hyemi's shoulders for support. Hyemi blushed at his touch. "You don't want to rest for a bit, Minmin-ah?"

Minwoo shook his head. "Let's go back to homecoming rehearsal."

"Does it hurt a lot?" Hyemi asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Nope. Just a little bit." Minwoo limped down the stairs.

"I can't help but feel like it's my fault..."

"No!" Minwoo raised his voice. "It wasn't your fault. You did nothing wrong!"

Hyemi blinked at him. "But if I was a few pounds lighter, you wouldn't have broken your ankle when you carried me." She said innocently.

"You're right, you have been gaining weight," Minwoo snickered. "Maybe it's all of the ice cream I buy you."

"Hey! Not my fault you offered." Hyemi complained. As a joke, she forced his arm off of her shoulder and walked away.

"Hyemi!" Minwoo pouted; he couldn't walk without her support. "Sorry."

Hyemi turned around and skipped back to him. "Don't say sorry. I'll treat you to that healthy vegeterian store down the street from the school. So I won't gain anymore weight." She stuck her tongue out at him as he put his arm around her shoulder for support.

He gaped. "No, no, that's alright. I don't like healthy food." He side-eyed Hyemi. "I kind of want ice cream..."

"Mint chocolate chip?" When she smiled at him, his heart skipped a beat.

When they reached the field, Seohee was the first to run up to Minwoo and Hyemi. "How are you feeling, Minwoo?"

"I'm fine," he assured everyone. Haha, he finally stopped stuttering in front of her, Hyemi thought. "The nurse said I should be fine in less than a week."

"Will you be able to dance in the floorshow?" Seohee asked.

Minwoo paused and looked at Hyemi, whose shoulder he still had his arms on. "I hope so. Hyemi can't do the spotlight dance without me."

"I can learn the dance," Youngmin offered. "I'm a pretty good dancer."

"But what if my fat breaks your ankle, too?" Hyemi glared at him.

"Gosh, I was just joking, Mimi-ah," Youngmin pouted.

"Don't call me that..."

"Whatever. Now, shouldn't you teach me Minwoo's part?" Youngmin grabbed Hyemi's hand, which she yanked away quickly.

"Seohee, can you take care of Minwoo for now?" Seohee nodded. "Everyone! That's it for the rehearsal. The next time will be the actual Floorshow! Please head back to the classroom and help with the banner or you can go home. Thank you for helping!" Hyemi announced.

"Thank you, Hyemi!" The other Freshmen responded.

"Minwoo, do you want me to walk you home?" Hyemi sadly overheard Seohee offer. Hyemi was imagining Minwoo's arm around Seohee as they slowly walked over to his house together.

"That's alright, Hyemi promised me ice cream," Minwoo declined but Hyemi was already out of hearing range and began teaching Youngmin the dance.

----- Homecoming Floorshow day -----

Freshmen were scrambling everywhere trying to prepare for the Floorshow. "Props outside! Actors get into one corner and go over the script! Dancers, rehearse outside and try not to dance on the props!" Hyemi directed the chaos that happened in the classroom.

*You're my lady, you're my lady, you're my lady, with you* Hyemi's phone rang; it was Donghyun (lol, I don't know), her college brother. "Mimi-ah, I'm almost at your school with the pizza and drinks."

"Thank you, Oppa! I'll be at the parking lot." Hyemi went out the door. "Seohee!" Seohee walked up to Hyemi with paint in her hair. Dismissing the colorful mess her best friend was in, Hyemi kindly ordered, "Please take care of everything while I go get the pizza and drinks."

"Do you need help, Mimi-ah?"

"That's alright."

Hyemi walked calmly to the parking lot. "Thank you again, Oppa!" She took the five boxes of pizza and four bottles of soda (in two cloth bags) from Donghyun.

"Anytime, Hyemi," he laughed. "What time does the floorshow start, again?"

Hyemi's face lit up. "Are you going to watch?"

"Of course. I have a free weekend. I might sleep at home for the weekend." Donghyun patted Hyemi's head.

"Yay!" Hyemi's arms were getting sore. "Ok, Oppa, I need to go now, this is heavy." She watched her big brother drive away before she went back into the school. As she walked down the hallway, she started singing out of happiness. Oppa's coming home for the first time in three months, she thought. He's been so busy with school work.

"Oof!" The pizza was piled up so high that she didn't realize someone was also turning the corner. Thankfully, she kept her balance and avoided the pizza from falling, although the soda bottles weren't so lucky.

"I'm sorry!" Hyemi apologized to the stranger she still couldn't see from behind the pizza pile.

A guy laughed. "Don't worry about it. Need help with that?" The Junior class president, Hyunseong, cooly took the pizza from Hyemi's sore arms. "To the freshmen class, right?"

Hyemi picked up the fallen soda bottles and followed Hyunseong back to the classroom. He's so cool, she thought the entire way there.

He entered the open freshmen classroom and placed the pizza onto the nearest table.

"Intruder alert, intruder alert!" Some of Hyemi's classmates called out. "Junior class president is spying on us!"

Hyunseong laughed. "Good luck with your floorshow. Tell me if you need any help with anything, Hyemi." He walked back out of the classroom and smiled before he disappeared.

"He knows my name..." Hyemi was dazed.

"Are these for us?" Minwoo ran over to Hyemi. His ankle healed two days prior and had enough energy to run when he saw free food.

"Yep. Freshmen class! Tell everyone to come in and eat. Floorshow starts in two hours." A flood of Freshmen entered and devoured the pizza.

 

---------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my the second chapter of my first fanfic! :DDD

I really appreciate your views. I hope you like it enough to subscribe, comment and support!

~ Kii-chan <3