My Best Friend, Minwoo

"You Know Nothing About Love"

Hyemi walked into the crowded hallway looking for him. Once she spotted him sitting on a bench, he waved and she ran over to him. "Where were you, Hyemi-ah?!"

"Don't yell at me!" Hyemi jokingly yelled at her best friend, Minwoo. "It's only 7:45am. Class doesn't start until 8:30!"

Minwoo shook his head. "Do you know how long I waited for you, slowpoke?!" Hyemi shrugged. "Five minutes! I waited for five minutes! I could do so much in five minutes!" Hyemi laughed and dragged him off of the bench. "Come on, MinMin, let's go get our schedule for Freshman year."

They walked down the hallway into the registration office where they picked up their schedule. "Wah. Can you believe it Hyemi-ah? We're finally attending Seoul Arts High School!" He took her schedule from her hands and compared it, side by side. "What?! We don't even have any classes together!"

Hyemi softly slapped his head. "Look closer! We have Basic Physics, fourth period."

"Mmmmmiiiiiiimmmmmiiiii!" Someone shouted across of the hallway. Seohee, Mimi's best girl friend ran down the hallway. All of the upper classmen pointed and laughed at her, but she didn't care. "Hooooowwww wwasssss yyyooouuuuurrrr suuummmmmmeeerr?" Seohee yelled as she d Hyemi.

Hyemi cracked up. "We went to get frozen yogurt just yesterday, Seohee!"

Seohee still squeezed Hyemi in a breath-taking hug. "I know, but I missed you in those sixteen hours I haven't seen you."

Hyemi pushed Seohee away because she couldn't breath. "I missed you, too."

"H-hi, Seohee." Minwoo stuttered.

Seohee smiled at Minwoo. "Hello."

"How w-was yours s-s-summer?" Hyemi raised an eyebrow at Minwoo. Why is he so nervous?, Hyemi thought.

"It was great, how was yours?" Before Minwoo could reply, Seohee gasped. "Mimi-ah! Where's your schedule? I just remembered that I have meet my older sister at the cafeteria!" She snagged the paper from Minwoo. "Aw, poopy, no classes together. Ok ok ok, I'll see you guys later!" Seohee ran back through the hallway.

Hyemi giggled. "I've known her since we were 7 years old and I'm still not bored of her." Hyemi turned to Minwoo. He had a thoughtful look on his face. "Are you okay, Minwoo?"

Minwoo smiled. "Doesn't Seohee look great in her uniform?"

Hyemi suddenly felt angry at Seohee. "Hey! I have bigger s than her!" She jokingly said.

Minwoo playfully pushed her away. "Not that. She just looks so... Angelic."

"Do you like her?" Hyemi nudged Minwoo.

"Maybe..." He chuckled. "Let's go look for our classes."

Hyemi nodded, but for some reason she sighed at the thought of Minwoo and Seohee being together.

While Hyemi was lost in thought, Minwoo jokingly pushed her into the wall. "Ow!" Hyemi's arm had a cut from the bulletin board corner Minwoo pushed her into. "Ah! Blood! I'm so sorry! Let's go to the health room!" Minwoo placed his hand on Hyemi's back and pushed her to the health office. "Excuse me, can we have a big bandaid please? Her arm is bleeding," He hurriedly asked the health office nurse.

"Of course, sweetie." The nurse kindly replied, handing Minwoo the gauze tape and bandaid. "How did you get hurt?"

Hyemi eyed Minwoo. He guiltly unwound the gauze. "I was playing around with her and she got hurt. Sorry, Hyemi-ah." He gently put on the bandaid for her.

The nurse smiled at the both of them. "Are you two dating?" Hyemi and Minwoo quickly looked at each other.

"No," they said in unison. "We're just best friends," Minwoo added. Oh, right, he likes Seohee, Hyemi thought.

The nurse frowned, "Oh, I guess I was wrong." Minwoo wrapped the gauze securely around Hyemi's cut. "Thank you, Ma'am," He bowed.

"No problem, sweeties. I hope the wound heals quickly. Come back if you need a new bandaid," the nurse instructed.

"Thank you," Hyemi bowed as they left the nurse's office.

"Are you okay, now, Hyemi-ah?" Minwoo was worried.

Hyemi nodded.

"If it hurts, tell me... I'm so sorry."

"If you're so sorry then you should buy me ice cream afterschool for a week," Hyemi stuck her tongue out.

"Deal," Minwoo agreed quickly. "Cookies and Cream, right?" Hyemi's heart skipped a beat at Minwoo's smile. She just stared at him in awe; it was as if they were the only two people in the hallway. *Bell rang* "Oh! I'll see you in fourth period, Hyemi-ah!" Minwoo walked off and waved before he turned the corner.

"Y-yeah," Hyemi said, still dazed. Her heart was beating fast as she walked to her first period, English. I can't wait for fourth period, she thought.

 

---------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading the first chapter of my very first fan fiction ^^ !

I'm so hyped that I actually did it!

I know I'm still lacking in many ways, but I hope this was good enough to gain your approval and support :)

Subscriptions and comments are highly appreciated :)))

Thank you so much, again :D Please look forward to my future pieces!

~ Kii-chan <3