Can We Finally Be Together?

"You Know Nothing About Love"

"Long time no see." Minwoo looked down nervously.

Donghyun looked from Hyemi to Minwoo and back to Hyemi and then Minwoo again. He grabbed Minwoo by the collar.

"Oppa!" Hyemi removed Donghyun's hand from Minwoo's collar and smoothed Minwoo's shirt out. "What are you doing?"

"That's how I greet guys." Donghyun joked. "Hi, Minwoo-ah. How have you been?" He hugged Minwoo.

"I've been good. How's college?"

"Boring. Why are we still standing here? Let's go inside." Donghyun and Minwoo took a seat on the couch.

"I'm going to change, I'll be right back." Hyemi ran upstairs to her bedroom.

Minwoo looked around, admiring everything. Donghyun chuckled at his innocence. "This is the first time you've been inside, right?"

Minwoo nodded.

"So where did you guys go today?"

"We went to get frozen yogurt." Minwoo remembered his discussion with the cashier lady. "Oh! Hyung! Do you know how to run a business?"

Donghyun furrowed his eyebrows. "Well, I've been a business major for three years already, so yes."

"Can you help me with something?" Minwoo explained his plan.

"Aigoo, Minwoo you love Mimi-ah that much?" Donghyun pinched Minwoo's cheeks.

"Hyung," Minwoo whined.

"What are you guys talking about?" Hyemi walked into the living room wearing a plain t shirt and baggy shorts.

Minwoo looked at her from head to toe. "Mimi-ah? Is that really you? I've never seen you in house clothes before."

Hyemi stuck her tongue out and wedged herself in between Donghyun and Minwoo. "My house, my clothes, my rules."

"Actually, those are my clothes." Donghyun commented. They all laughed.

----- The next day; Tuesday -----

"Good morning, Minwoo." A shy girl greeted him in the hallway. He just nodded in acknowledgement.

"Hi, Minwoo," another girl greeted him. He also gave her a passive nod.

"Are you okay, Minwoo?" Kwangmin worriedly looked at Minwoo. "You usually give girls a cute smile and reply back."

Minwoo shook his head. "Not any more."

"Going for the bad boy image?"

"Nope. I'm going for the loyalty image."

"Loyalty?" They continued to walk to their class.

"No Minwoo, come here." Minwoo's English teacher waved him over - Kwangmin tagged along - into the classroom. "Your pro-con essay is amazing, did someone help you with it?"

"Yes, ma'am." Minwoo didn't look at the teacher while he spoke. "Kim Hyemi from Advanced Placement English helped me with it."

"Well, very good job. I'm going to post this up in the classroom, if that's alright with you."

"Okay," he smiled but still didn't look at his teacher.

The teacher nodded as they walked out of the classroom.

"Why were you acting like that?" Kwangmin nudged Minwoo.

Minwoo shrugged. "I don't want to look at any girl other than Mimi-ah."

"But the teacher was talking to you..."

"And the teacher is a lady so I refuse to look at her."

Kwangmin rolled his eyes. They walked into their math class and took their seats.

When Hyemi walked in, a cute girl was confessing to Minwoo. She felt jealous and quietly took her seat next to Minwoo.

"M-m-minwoo, I really like you." The cute girl handed him a note.

Minwoo didn't look at her and gently pushed the note back to the girl. The girl looked at him with wide eyes. He was rejecting her. "Why? Why can't you accept my feelings? Why can't you even look at me? We've known each other since Kindergarten."

Hyemi was raging with jealousy. She placed her head on her desk, pretending to nap.

"I know, Minjung-ah." Minwoo replied. "But I just can't."

"Just give me a day, I'll make you fall in love with me." Hyemi clenched her teeth.

"I'm sorry but there's a girl that I really love. I hurt her in the past and I'm doing this to show her that I'm loyal and she's the one I want to spend forever wtih." Hyemi's heart skipped a beat.

Minjung sighed. "It's Hyemi, isn't it?"

Minwoo smiled but Hyemi didn't see it.

"Ok, I'm glad I finally confessed."

Minwoo nodded.

"By the way, I really like your haircut."

"Thank you."

Haircut? Hyemi thought. Minwoo got a haircut? She slowly tilted her head so that she could peek at Minwoo. They made eye contact and she looked away, blushing.

"What?" Minwoo also blushed. "Do I have something on my face?"

Hyemi whispered, "When did you get a hair cut?"

"I can't hear you." Minwoo leaned in closer to Hyemi.

Hyemi turned her head and their faces were centimeters away from each other. They looked away, redder than earlier. "Your hair... When did you cut it?"

Minwoo touched his hair. "Two weeks ago."

Hyemi stared at him. "Two weeks ago?" Why didn't I notice earlier?

He smiled and nodded. "Does it look good on me?"

"You look like Hyunse-" She stopped herself.

He scoffed. "Yeah, I know. I'm going to outgrow it."

"No, you don't have to. It's your hair. And you look good..."

"I don't want to resemble that head." He joked. Hyemi laughed.

----- April; Sophomore Banquet -----

Hyemi nudged Minwoo and they walked up to the stage. Hyemi was wearing a beautiful blue dress and Minwoo was wearing a matching dress shirt and tie. "Welcome to your Sophomore Banquet!" Hyemi cheered into the mic. All of the sophomores cheered along. "Thanks for coming all the way to this beautiful hotel ballroom." She gestured for everyone to look at the diamonds on the walls and the amazing chandelier. They were in an expensive five star hotel. "We have fundraised a lot to get you guys into this high class place, so you all better play the part!" Everyone laughed. "Now, I would like to hand over the mic to your vice president, Minwoo."

"Thank you, Mimi-ah. Doesn't she look gorgeous tonight?" Minwoo asked his peers and the guys whistled and fist pumped. He twirled her around and she laughed in embarrassment.

Hyemi grabbed the mic from him. "Ladies, doesn't he look handsome?" The girls screamed.

"Minwoo-Oppa!" A boy classmate jokingly screamed. Everyone laughed.

Hyemi shook her head playfully, "Sorry, but he's mine."

The crowd "ooooooh"'d.

Minwoo blushed.

"Just go out already!" Their classmates cheered.

Before things could get out of hand, Minwoo shushed them and continued with the banquet introductions. "As the waiters are getting our food ready, we would like to thank the hotel coordinates, the chefs, waiters and waitresses, and the banquet committee for making this night already just so amazing." Everyone clapped. "First on the agenda is, of course, dinner. Afterwards, we have planned three games to play. Then we can proceed with the dancing. Yes, the dance floor is a bit small compared to the enormous gym we had for freshmen banquet but we're on a budget. Keep it clean, have fun, and party on!" Everyone cheered and Minwoo and Hyemi took their seats back in their chairs.

The night went by quickly and it was already the dancing portion of the evening. Girls tried to grind on Minwoo but he just stepped away and continued to dance cleanly with all of their friends. Minwoo and Hyemi were always together. Then came the slow dances.

Hyemi sighed and sat at a table. Minwoo sat next to her. "Don't want to dance?"

Hyemi shook her head. "Bad memories."

Minwoo thought about Freshmen banquet and how Hyunseong beat Minwoo for a slow dance with her. He just nodded and played with the table ornaments. "Good job with the decoration, Mimi-ah."

"I couldn't have made all of these flowers without you and Seohee's help."

"I didn't help much. I think this is the flower I made." Minwoo pulled the paper flower from the vase and it instantly fell apart due to the messy arrangement. He laughed. "Yep, this is mine."

Hyemi smiled and fixed it. When she was done, she placed it into Minwoo's shirt pocket. "I think it looks beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you." He shyly glanced at Hyemi to see her reactions. He couldn't tell if she was blushing from what he said or if it was the make up.

"Minwoo. Do you want to dance with me?" Jieun tugged at his arm.

"Woah, long time no see, Jieun." Minwoo gasped. "Where have you been hiding?"

"Jieun-ah!" Hyemi smiled and hugged her. "Why don't you hang out with us anymore?"

"Too busy." Jieun smiled. "So do you want to dance, Minwoo?"

"I'm sorry, I'm kind of tired." Minwoo lied.

Jieun's frowned and walked away.

Hyemi and Minwoo started laughing. "She hasn't changed."

"I found Youngmin and Sumin!" Minwoo pointed at them on the dance floor.

"They're so cute together." Hyemi awed.

Suddenly, they kissed. "Aigoo!" Minwoo covered Hyemi's eyes with his hands. "Don't watch that!"

Hyemi turned to look at Minwoo who had his eyes squeezed shut. She giggled and kissed his nose.

Surprised, Minwoo's eyes shot open. He tucked a strand of hair behind Hyemi's ear and tilted her chin up. When she didn't refuse, he leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips. "Can we finally be together?" He mumbled. Hyemi smiled and placed her hand behind his neck.

 

--------------------------------------------------

Update :D

- Kii-chan <3