The Secret Garden

"You Know Nothing About Love"

----- Dance practice -----

"Good work, boys. Prepare to put everything together tomorrow." The dance instructor praised them as he left the room.

Minwoo shoved his way past Youngmin as he walked to his water bottle.

"What's your problem?" Youngmin yelled.

Minwoo looked back at Youngmin and drank his water. "You."

Youngmin clenched his fist.

"Woah, Hyung, calm down." Kwangmin forced Youngmin's fist open.

"What's going on?" Jeongmin asked while he wiped his sweat. Hyunseong was sitting on the ground, eavesdropping.

"Minwoo said he had a problem with me, so let's settle this!" Youngmin pushed Minwoo's shoulder.

Minwoo glared at Youngmin and walked up to him. "Don't fight!" Kwangmin screamed as he blocked Youngmin. Jeongmin held Minwoo back.

"Come on," Youngmin taunted. "Tell me what's wrong with me. I dare you."

"You're trying to steal Mimi-ah away from me." Minwoo yelled. Hyunseong looked up when he heard Hyemi's name.

"You're mad because of Hyemi? Well, sorry, idiot, but it's not my fault you don't know about love."

"And what makes you think YOU do?"

"Better than you."

"Says the cocky bastard who cheated."

"Why, you!" Youngmin forced his way out of Kwangmin's grasp and charged at Minwoo.

Hyunseong quickly got up and shoved his way in between Youngmin and Minwoo. Youngmin accidently punched Hyunseong on the mouth.

"Idiot! Move so I can beat Minwoo up!" Kwangmin regained his grip on the furious Youngmin.

Hyunseong touched his bleeding lip. "Stop it!" Everyone froze. "Brats! Both of you! You two are too busy fighting to know how much she's hurting right now."

"It's all because of brat number one." Youngmin pointed at Minwoo.

"You're brat number one! Not me!" Minwoo shoved Youngmin's pointer finger out of his face.

Hyunseong chuckled. "Life gives us so many chances. And we end up wasting them. Hyemi-ah's a great girl." Minwoo and Youngmin looked at Hyunseong. "And neither of you deserve her."

Youngmin crossed his arms. "And you think you do?"

Hyunseong smirked.

"Hyunseong-ah!" Hyemi poked her head into the dance room.

"Ah, you're here?" Hyunseong walked up to Hyemi. Minwoo and Youngmin stared at Hyemi who was in a pretty pink dress with a grey cardigan (the outfit that Seohee bought her).

Hyemi saw Youngmin and Minwoo. "I thought you said you they wouldn't be here..."

Hyunseong shrugged and smiled. "I lied."

"Hello, Hyemi!" Jeongmin waved at her; she waved back. "Daejun said he wants to hang out at the mall again. You, me, Seohee, Daejun, and Hyunseong."

Hyemi nodded. She glanced at Youngmin and Minwoo again.

Hyunseong grabbed his bag. "What are you doing here? I told you that I'd pick you at 5," He said playfully.

Hyemi looked at the clock which read 4:30pm. "I got bored." Hyunseong's lip started bleeding again. "Ah. Why is your lip bleeding?" Hyemi took out a tissue from her backpack and instinctively wiped his blood. When she realized what she was doing, she looked at Minwoo with a sad look of nostolgia (ch 7).

Hyunseong smiled and ignored the question. "Is it ok if we stop by my house before we go to the restaurant? I need to shower." He jokingly made a face after smelling himself. "I stink."

Hyemi couldn't help but laugh at his silliness.

Youngmin clenched his fists. "Are you two going on a date?"

Hyemi opened to reply but Hyunseong beat her. "Yup. Problem?"

"Hyunseong-Hyung..." Minwoo said sadly.

"Ready?" Hyunseong ignored Minwoo and asked Hyemi.

She slowly nodded.

Hyunseond held her hand and they walked out the room.

"Have fun you two!" Jeongmin shouted after them.

Youngmin and Minwoo looked at each other. "Does Hyunseong like Hyemi, too?"

~~~~~

"Hyemi-ah, I'm sorry about earlier." Hyunseong apologized as he gave Hyemi a menu. They were in a fancy restaurant located in a five star hotel. Hyunseong changed into a neatly pressed blue collared shirt.

"It's alright." Hyemi fake smiled and sighed.

"What are you getting?"

"Umm, I'm not sure."

Hyunseong pointed at his nose. "You like calamari, right?"

Hyemi gasped. "How did you know? I don't remember telling anyone about that."

He winked. He's so cool, Hyemi thought. I feel so comfortable around him.

"How may I help you two this evening?" A waiter took their order.

Hyemi looked at the calamari on the menu that Hyunseong was now ordering. She gasped, "Hyunseong-ah, it's too expensive. I can just eat something else."

Hyunseong laughed after the waiter left to turn in their order. "Don't worry about it. It's not that expensive."

"Yes, it is! I could buy twenty cups of frozen yogurt with the money!"

"You want to get a hundred cups of frozen yogurt after dinner?" Hyunseong happily asked.

Hyemi pouted. "I'm going to get fat."

"Even if you were fat, I'd still think you'd look gorgeous." Hyemi blushed. "I like your dress. You look like an angel."

Hyemi blushed even harder. "T-thank you. Seohee bought it for me."

Hyunseong smiled at Hyemi's flushed cheeks. "You two have known each other for a long time?"

Hyemi smiled widely and nodded. "She's like my sister. I love her so much."

"When did you two meet?" Hyunseong was genuinely curious.

"Well, we met when we were seven at ballet class." No one has ever asked me about the story behind our friendship, Hyemi thought. Hyunseong is so kind.

Hyemi talked about her and Seohee the entire dinner and Hyunseong didn't interrupt or change the topic. He knew Hyemi was happy telling the story and he really wanted to know about Hyemi's childhood.

"That's so cute!" Hyunseong exclaimed as he took the last bite of his dinner.

"Yeah, it was! I have a picture of Seohee and I making the face!" Hyemi was about to take her phone out to show the picture when the waiter came and took their empty plates away. "Oh, I'm sorry, Hyunseong-ah. We talked about Seohee the entire dinner. You should've stopped me."

Hyunseong laughed. "Like I said, don't worry about it. As long as you're happy." He took out a credit card and handed it to the waiter.

"Woah. You have a credit card?" Hyemi awed. "So cool."

"My parents gave it to me recently. They said that I need to learn how to budget my money." They got up from the chair when the waiter handed Hyunseong's card back.

"And you wasted it on me," Hyemi frowned. "I'm sorry."

Hyunseong shook his head. "How many times do I have to tell you? Don't worry about it. It was worth it." He laced his fingers with hers as they walked out of the restaurant.

His hands are so soft, Hyemi thought while they walked to the parking lot. Minwoo's were kind of rough. Minwoo-Oppa... I miss you...

Hyunseong looked at Hyemi who was frowning. He had a plan. Instead of going to the parking lot, he made a turn at a small, private garden. It was elluminated with decorative lights.

"How did you know there was a garden here?" Hyemi asked as she admired the flowers dancing in the moonlight.

"I have a talent in spotting beauty where others don't seem to notice." Hyemi looked up at Hyunseong. Hyunseong smiled and moved in slowly. No, I'll only hurt her if I kiss her, Hyunseong reminded himself. He turned his head and admired a flower.

Hyemi smiled as her heart skipped a beat. He respects my feelings. He doesn't want to take advantage of me. Hyunseong's great...

"Hyunseong-ah, look!" Hyemi pointed at a dark fountain. "Where's the switch? I can't find it."

He slowly looked around and found a small button on the edge of the fountain. He pushed it and the fountain gracefully lit up.

"It's beautiful!" She cheered in glee.

He looked at her and squeezed their still interlocked hands. "Not as beautiful as you."

"Hyunseong-ah..." She looked at him.

He cleared his throat to resist the urge to kiss her. Must. Not. Kiss. Her. Bad, Hyunseong, bad. He scolded himself. "You can call me Oppa."

Hyemi quickly looked at the fountain. "Hyunseong... Oppa." It sounds so natural, she thought. But I only have one oppa... Minwoo... "I'm sorry. I don't think I can call you that."

Hyunseong nodded. "It's alright. I'll get you to say it someday." He started to tickle her.

"Can't! Breathe!" Hyemi laughed uncontrollably.

"Say Hyunseong-Oppa!"

"No!" He tickled her more. "Hyunseong-Oppa!"

He stopped automatically and smiled. "I told you I'd get you to say it."

"Meany," Hyemi playfully stuck her tongue out. She pushed her hair behind her ears but it was stuck on her earrings. "Ow."

"Let me get that for you," Hyunseong slowly separated her hair from the earring. When he finished, his face was only a few centimeters away from hers.

I trust you, Hyemi thought as she closed her eyes.

Is she letting me kiss her? Hyunseong asked himself. Not letting a chance get away he slowly leaned in.

Hyemi-ah, does this mean you accept me? He thought as his lips came in contact...

 

--------------------------------------------------

I'm posting up another chapter because I know I won't be updating as much once Monday comes.

What do you think will happen next? Who do you want Hyemi to end up with? Hyunseong? Youngmin? Minwoo?

I originally planned to have Minwoo take her heart back, but who knows :3 Hyunseong is a fun character to write about~

Hope you enjoyed it :D

~ Kii-chan <3