Shim Hyunseong, I Can't Believe You!

"You Know Nothing About Love"

"Mimi-ah! Come over here!" Hyunseong dragged me onto the ferris wheel. "I'm afraid of heights!" "Don't worry, I'll protect you!"... "Do you want to meet my brother? Let's have dinner all together." "Um. Okay, but I might eat all of his food."... "Hyunseong-Oppa, the sun is rising." I nudged Hyunseong who was asleep on the camping chair next to me... "My parents and I are going to Hawaii for Summer vacation." Hyunseong held my hands. "And I want to take you with me."... "Oppa, what're all of those papers for?" I peeked over his shoulders and looked at his messy desk. "College applications." He said without turning around. "Oh, right. You're going to college soon."... "What's this?" Hyunseong held up a period pad that was on my bedroom desk. I took it away from him. "You don't need to know!"... "Is this your little girlfriend, Hyunseong?" His dance instructor smiled. "Yes, sir." Hyunseong put his arm around me. "Isn't she beautiful?"... "And the Homecoming King and Queen goes to... Hyunseong and Hyemi!"... I covered his eyes and dragged him into the restaurant we went to on our first date. "Where are we?" He laughed. "Somewhere very, very special to me."... "Hyemi-ah." Hyunseong and I decided to take a walk along the beach at midnight after Winter Banquet. "I love you." I blushed and held his hand. "I love you more." "Promise to be together forever?" I nodded, "I promise."...

----- One Year Later; February -----

"President Hyemi!" Seohee poked Hyemi head. "Wake up!"

"Huh?" Hyemi raised her sleepy head from the desk. She rubbed her eyes. "How long was I asleep?"

"Lunch is over in ten minutes."

"What?!" She stood up quickly. "No, no, no. I had a student council meeting today."

"Don't worry, Minwoo took over for you. He is the vice president of the sophomore class anyways."

Hyemi placed her head back onto the table. "But his handwriting is so messy. I won't be able to read his notes."

"Who's handwriting is messy?" Minwoo walked into Mr. Lee's math classroom. "Had a good sleep?"

She nodded.

"Happy anniversary, Mimi-ah!!!" Minwoo screamed and startled Hyemi.

She placed her hand on her heart, "Gosh, Minwoo! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

He hugged her. "I'm just so happy that it's been a year already."

Seohee slapped his head. "You're not Hyunseong, weirdo."

"I know," Minwoo rubbed his head. "But I'm just so amazed that Hyunseong and Hyemi have been going out for a year already. Congratulations!" Minwoo hugged Hyemi again.

"Thanks." Hyemi awkwardly patted his back.

"Here are the meeting notes." Minwoo handed Hyemi a crumpled piece of paper.

"Ew!" Seohee gasped in disgust. "You're right, his handwriting is horrible."

"I'm going to go get notes from someone else," Hyemi laughed when Minwoo pouted. She got up and headed towards the student council room.

~~~~~

"Why is your handwriting so ugly?" Seohee asked Minwoo once Hyemi closed the door.

"Promise you won't tell Hyemi?" Minwoo whispered to Seohee.

"Tell Hyemi what?" She was curious.

"Hyunseong's going to break up with her."

"What?!" Seohee slammed the desk. "But they finally made a year!"

"Sh!" Minwoo calmed her down.

"How do you know?"

"After the meeting today, he told me 'It's your turn now. I'm giving Hyemi back to you soon. When she's sad, don't ignore her. Always keep her happy'."

"What?!" She slammed the desk again.

"Sh!" He shushed. "I don't know what that means but he's scaring me."

"See!" She pointed at him. "I told you there was something I didn't like about Hyunseong!"

"I know, I know. Hyunseong told me not to tell Hyemi. Then I think he mumbled something like 'I will always love her'."

"What?!" She slammed the desk once again. "He's horrible! If he will always love her, why would he break up with her?"

"Stop slamming the poor desk!"

"I'm just mad." Seohee placed her hand on her forehead. "Why would he break up with her?"

Minwoo thought for a while. "Maybe it's because he's going to graduate in three months."

"Now that's stupid, wouldn't he want to spend all of his time with her before he graduates? Why break up with her now?"

"Hm. I think he wants her to have time to adjust without him. So he can make sure she adjusts correctly; taking care of her from a distance."

"Taking care of her from a distance?" Seohee eyed Minwoo. "You mean like what you've been doing for the past year?"

He blushed. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, please." She rolled her eyes. "You've got so many girls crushing on you and you're still single. You're waiting for Hyemi, aren't you?"

"If I say yes, will you stop teasing me?" He pouted.

She nodded. "Did he say he was going to break up with her today?"

Minwoo gasped. "Isn't Hyemi on her way to the Student Government room?"

~~~~~

Hyemi sung to herself quietly as she skipped to the Student Government room.

When she reached the door, a freshmen girl came out of it. "Bye, Oppa! Saranghae!"

"That's not the Freshmen class president... Does Jeongmin (Junior class president) have a girlfriend?" Hyemi asked herself.

Hyemi smiled at the girl as they walked past each other. The girl frowned at Hyemi and gave her attitude.

"How rude." Hyemi mumbled. She opened the door expecting to see Jeongmin inside, but Hyunseong was the only one in the room. "Hi, Oppa."

"Hey, babe." He smiled at her.

"Babe?" Hyemi froze. "Since when did you call me babe?"

"Oh!" He slapped his forehead. "I mean, Princess. What happened to you today? You didn't come to the meeting, my Princess." He motioned her to hug him.

She hesitated but hugged him. "Sorry, Mr. Student Body president, I fell asleep in math class."

"Mr. Ko bored you to sleep again?" He chuckled.

"Mr. Ko? The freshmen Algebra one math teacher?" She looked up at Hyunseong. "I'm in Mr. Lee's math class, not Mr. Ko... And I've never slept in class before... What's wrong with you today, Oppa?"

Hyunseong frowned. "Oh, I guess I've been out of it today. I'll see you later, babe. I mean Princess; I'll see you later, Princess." He pecked her lips and rushed out of the room.

"Who was that girl?" Hyemi sat on Hyunseong's chair. "Oof!" She grabbed Hyunseong's notebook which she accidentally sat on. She smiled as she flipped through his doodles. A ripped paper with a phone number and a girl's name and a heart on it slipped out. She stared at it. "Who's Tawny?" Hyemi remembered the girl who walked out of the Student Government room earlier.

"I forgot my notebook!" Hyunseong opened the door and walked over to Hyemi.

"Who's this Tawny girl?" Hyemi bluntly asked.

"Just a freshmen girl who has a crush on me." He shrugged and grabbed his notebook from Hyemi.

"I hate liars and cheaters." She stared at him.

He gave her a small, sad eye smile. "I know you do." He hugged her.

"Then tell me who Tawny really is." She growled into his shoulder.

He pulled back and her hair. "She's just a freshmen girl who has a crush on me."

"Nothing more?"

Hyunseong nodded. "Nothing more. I would never cheat on you. You're the only one for me." He kissed her forehead. "No matter what happens, you have to remember that. Hyemi-ah, I love you sooo much. Never forget it." He smiled and walked back out of the room.

Hyemi wasn't satisfied. "Why should I remember that when you didn't even remember our anniversary?"

----- A week later; February 13, Thursday -----

"Mimi-ah! Daejung asked me to Junior prom!" Seohee ran up to Hyemi after school in the hallway with a bouquet.

Hyemi smiled. "Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!"

"Did Hyunseong ask you to Senior prom?"

"Senior prom? No, he didn't mention it."

"Huh?" Seohee frowned. "But reservations were three days ago."

Hyemi looked down sadly.

"I'm sure it's nothing." Seohee hugged Hyemi.

Hyemi fake smiled. "I'm going to look for him now."

Down the hallway, Hyemi realized that she hasn't spent time with Hyunseong every since their date the day before their anniversary. He's just busy, she reassured herself.

Jeongmin passed by Hyemi in the hallway. "Hyemi?" He turned around and walked back up to her. "Wow, you keep getting beautiful that I didn't even notice you." He hugged her.

"Thanks." She didn't hug him back.

"What's bothering you?" Jeongmin already knew the answer.

"Have you seen Hyunseong?"

Jeongmin sadly smiled at her. "Stay strong, Hyemi. You're a great girl. When you feel like crying, don't be afraid to cry, okay?"

He was speaking so quietly that she didn't hear him. "What did you say?"

"I didn't say anything. Hyunseong's in the library." He patted her head. "Stay strong."

She laughed. "You're weird, Jeongmin." He also laughed and walked away.

On the way to the library, Hyemi bumped into Kwangmin. "Hey, Mimi-ah, long time no see."

"Kwangmin! I haven't seen you since October. How have you been?" She sqeezed his waist.

"I've been doing good. We don't have any classes together." He pouted and rubbed her shoulders. "Hyung dyed his hair dark brown. You need to see it!"

"No way! He's no longer blonde?"

"He still has a little bit of blonde left."

"I have to see it!" Hyemi let go of Kwangmin. "I'll text you later." She touched the library doorknob.

"Wait, Mimi-ah!" Kwangmin stopped her. "You're still with Hyunseong, right?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

Kwangmin frowned. "Nothing. Just. Stay strong, Mimi-ah. Me and Youngminnie are always here for you."

"Why is everyone saying that today?" Hyemi laughed. "Thanks, Kwangmin. I'll be strong." Not understanding what he meant, she opened the door and froze as soon as she stepped in.

"Oppa, I like you more and more everyday." The rude girl Hyemi walked past by the Student Government room last week kissed a guy on the cheek on the library table.

"You're so cute." The guy praised.

"Shim Hyunseong!" Hyemi shouted at the guy.

"Please no shouting in the library," the librarian warned.

Hyemi bowed. Hyuseong turned around and kept a poker face on. "Sup, Hyemi."

"Sup my . What the hell are you doing?" She whispered at him.

"What do you think I'm doing?" He pointed at the girl and then at the work laid out on the table. "I'm tutoring."

Hyemi grabbed a worksheet and scanned it. "Social Studies? You at Social Studies."

"Oppa, why is she so mean to you?" The girl grabbed his arm.

"I don't know." Hyunseong winked at the girl.

Hyemi scoffed. "Are you Tawny?"

The girl nodded. "How do you know my name?"

Hyemi glared at Hyunseong. She looked on the table once more and saw an empty jewelry box with a sign that said 'Senior Prom?'. She looked at Tawny's wrist and saw a bracelet that matched the jewelry box mold perfect. "Did Oppa over here ask you to Senior Prom?"

"Yes!" Tawny smiled. "I can't wait to go!"

Hyemi swung her hand intending to slap Hyunseong on the cheek. He flinched, anticipating the slap but she stopped before she touched him. "Shim Hyunseong, I can't believe you!" She shook her head as she rushed out of the library.

"Hyunseong, I don't want to do this anymore," Tawny frowned as soon as Hyemi slammed the door closed. "She seems like a nice person, I don't like hurting her." Tawny took off the bracelet. "Why did you make me wear this?"

Hyunseong rubbed his forehead. "I know you don't like hurting her, but please just play along for now. I'm doing this for her sake. I have to make myself the bad guy so that she realizes that Minwoo's the best guy for her."

"You know nothing about love. Don't hurt her like this, Hyunseong."

"Just do what I tell you!" He hissed at her.

Tawny stood up from her chair. "Fine. But just to let you know, I'm starting to hate you more and more everyday. How dare you intentionally hurt someone as nice as Hyemi. And make me the bad guy? I'm going to tell her the truth."

"No, don't!" Hyunseong grabbed Tawny's arm. "Just play along, please. Hyemi won't think you're the bad person, I promise."

Tawny rolled her eyes. "The things I do for my brother's friends." She left the library.

"Hyemi-ah..." Hyunseong closed his eyes. "I'm sorry. Forget me."

 

--------------------------------------------------

Update :D

Hope you enjoyed it~

~ Kii-chan <3