Never Let You Go

"You Know Nothing About Love"

----- One month later; First Friday in December; Afterschool  -----

"Where's Minwoo-Oppa?" Hyemi asked Seohee as they walked together down the hallway.

"I don't know," Seohee shook her head.

"He's always busy..." Hyemi sighed.

"No, no, YOU'RE always busy, Mimi-ah. We haven't hung out in a while." Seohee whined.

"You're right. Umm..." Hyemi tapped her cheek. "Are you doing anything right now? Let's go shopping!"

Seohee poked Hyemi's uncasted right arm. "Is your arm ok enough to go shopping?"

"Yep!" Hyemi bent her elbow as proof.

"Yay!" Seohee cheered. "I have a date with Mimi-ah!"

Hyemi smiled as they skipped to the bus. They got off at the mall bus stop.

"Wah! We haven't been here in a while!" Hyemi grinned as they passed through the automatic doors. "Where shall we go first, Seo-ah?"

Seohee linked arms with Hyemi, "Let's try on some clothes. I want to buy you a cute outfit."

"Then you have to let me buy you a cute outfit, too," Hyemi stuck her tongue out.

"Ok, but I have no one to impress," Seohee stuck her tongue out, too.

"You're just too beautifully intimidating. I bet a guy will check you out in this mall today. Ah!" Hyemi thought up an idea. "Let's try and find you a cute guy."

Seohee widened her eyes. "No, no, that's okay. School before boys."

Hyemi laughed and they walked into a clothing store.

"This looks cute!" Hyemi held up a blue romper with stars.

Seohee gasped, "It is cute! Here, this is for you." She held up a super short red dress.

"Hey!" Hyemi put it back on the rack. "No! Bad, Seohee!"

They laughed. "Just joking, this one is for you." Seohee held up a pink dress with a grey cardigan.

"Cute! Let's try them on!" They skipped to the dressing room.

"Two rooms or one?" The employee asked.

"Just like old times?" Hyemi asked Seohee.

Seohee nodded. "Just like old times." They shared a big changing room.

Seohee laughed. "This brings back a lot of memories from when we were in ballet together."

Hyemi also laughed. "You mean when we would share the same bathroom stall when we changed into our performance costumes?"

"Mhm. At least we were small enough to fit."

"I remember when you needed help taking off your pantyhose!"

"What? When was that?"

"When you just turned eight and we had a concert at a hotel."

"With the blue feathery costumes?"

"No. The white one."

Seohee tried to remember. "Was that when I smashed into the door?"

"That one! Haha your face when you smashed into the door was funny!" Hyemi immitated it as she put on her dress.

"Ew! I looked like that?" Seohee stuck her tongue out as she wore her romper.

"Cute!" Hyemi exclaimed when Seohee finished fixing her romper.

"Mimi-ah... This is meant for someone with s." Seohee frowned.

Hyemi whispered in her ears. "Push up bra."

Seohee tilted her head.

Hyemi squeezed her s to show that she was wearing a push up bra.

"I'm telling Minwoo!" Seohee screamed.

"Hey!" They cracked up.

----- An hour later at the Food Court -----

"I want pretzels!" Hyemi demanded as she dragged Seohee to the Pretzelmaker. "I'll pay."

They grabbed a table and started dipping their pretzel bites in chocolate (delicious!)

"Seo-ah! Chocolate on your lips!" Hyemi pointed and laugh.

"Oh!" Seohee the chocolate off her lips seductively. Hyemi laughed so hard that her stomach hurt.

"Um, excuse me," two cute boys, about a year older than Hyemi and Seohee, interrupted their laughter.

Seohee dropped her jaw. She nudged Hyemi, signaling that she liked them.

"You two go to Seoul Arts Academy, right?" The one with a blue beany asked. Hyemi and Seohee nodded. "Well, I'm Jeongmin and this is my friend, Daejung. We're sophomores at Seoul Arts."

"Hello," Seohee happily said. Hyemi lost interest and ate another pretzel bite.

"We were just wondering if you two had time to hang out with us. We have another friend getting food but I'm sure it won't be too uncomfortable for you." Jeongmin nervously suggested.

Seohee eagerly looked at Hyemi. "If you want to," Hyemi told Seohee.

"Um, I'm sure that'll be fine. We're schoolmates anyways, right?" Seohee smiled. "You guys can pull up some chairs and sit at our table."

Jeongmin and Daejung took three chairs and sat at the table. Daejung was talking to Seohee and Jeongmin was talking to Hyemi. "You're the Freshmen vice president, right?" Jeongmin asked Hyemi.

Hyemi just nodded.

"Your floorshow was great, by the way."

"Really?" Hyemi's eyes glittered. "I was in charge of everything," she bragged.

Jeongmin smiled. "You're really cute when you smile."

Hyemi gave a small smile. "Sorry, I already have a boyfriend."

Jeongmin frowned. "That blonde boy, Youngmin, right?"

"What?"

"I heard that you have a thing with one of the Jo twins." Jeongmin got his hopes up, "Is it not true? Are you single?"

"No. I'm not with Youngmin. I'm with Minwoo..."

"Oh?" Jeongmin frowned again. "Where's Hyunseong?" He asked his friend Daejung.

Daejung pointed at a guy walking towards them and went back to his conversation with Seohee. "Seohee, you're really pretty. Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No, I don't," she giggled.

"Hyung!" Jeongmin waved the Junior class president over to their table.

"Hyemi-ah?" Hyunseong looked at Hyemi.

"Ah, Hyunseong." She bowed. "Hello."

"You don't need to bow; aren't we close enough?" Hyunseong sat in the empty chair between Daejung and Jeongmin.

"Right," Hyemi smiled.

Daejung lightly punched Hyunseong. "Why didn't you tell us that you knew cute Freshmen?" He winked at Seohee.

Seohee giggled with Hyemi.

"You guys never asked."

After ten minutes, Daejung invited Seohee to walk around the mall with him.

"Have fun, you two!" Hyunseong shouted.

"Text me when you're done, Seo-ah!" Hyemi also shouted. Seohee turned around and gave a thumbs up.

Jeongmin stood up without a word.

"What's wrong?" Hyunseong asked.

"I'm gonna walk around and find someone else to hang out with," Jeongmin playfully pouted. "I feel like the third wheel." He waved and made his way towards a group of teenage girls.

Hyunseong laughed, "He loves girls."

Hyemi nodded silently and looked down at her phone. Her wall paper was of her and Minwoo on their ice cream date a month and a half ago.

"You ok, Hyemi-ah?"

"Huh? Oh, well. No, not really."

"Let's walk around, it'll make you feel better."

They got up from their table and threw away the trash everyone left. "So what's up?"

"You know Minwoo, right? Well, I really like him, and I'm sure he likes me, too. But he still hasn't asked me out yet..." Hyemi looked down.

"Why don't you ask him out?" Hyunseong suggested.

"No! I promised myself that I would never be the first to confess. I've done it before and I ended up getting really hurt."

"It was Youngmin, right?"

"Yeah. He was my first love. I confessed first and he cheated on me."

"But Minwoo's not Youngmin," Hyunseong pointed out.

"You're right, but I don't want to take the risk. He's too important to me." Hyemi looked at Hyunseong. "What would you do?"

He scratched his head. "Man, I don't know, Hyemi. If I were you, I would... Maybe try and indirectly talk to him about dating. Like, sneak in a conversation about dating. If I were Minwoo, I'd probably be too shy to ask you out, in case you might reject me. As boys, we only ask out a girl when we know that they'll absolutely say yes."

Hyemi intently listened to everything he said. "Really? That's really good advice! Thank you, Hyunseong!"

He patted her shoulder as a 'you're welcome'. "Where do you want to go now?"

"Hmm," Hyemi looked around. "Let's go into the Hello Kitty store!"

Hyunseong looked horrified at the all pink store. "... Do we have to?"

Hyemi laughed and dragged him in.

"Try this on!" Hyemi put a pink Hello Kitty clip into Hyunseong's hair.

Hyunseong didn't show any reaction. "... Please. Take it off. Now."

She shook her head. "It looks good on you."

He scowled but kept it on anyways. He looked around. "Hyemi-ah!" He placed an outrageous hat on her head.

"Ew! Get it off! Get it off!" She flailed her arms around.

"Not until you get the clip out of my hair!" They made a deal.

"Take it off in 3... 2... 1..." None of them did what they were supposed to. "Hey!" Hyemi giggled. "I didn't know that the Junior class president was a liar!"

"I didn't know the freshmen class vice president was a meany." He tickled her.

"Stop! Can't! Breath!" She gasped in between laughs. When he finally stopped tickling her, she looked at the cashier and saw Minwoo and Eunhae together. "Minwoo?" She straightened up and walked towards them. Before she reached them, Minwoo put his arms on Eunhae's shoulders. She froze and watched them as they walked out of the store, his arm on her shoulders.

"Hyemi-ah? What's wrong?" Hyunseong walked up to Hyemi and looked at where she was staring at. He saw Minwoo and Eunhae. "That jerk..." He was going to run after them when Hyemi grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Hyunseong. Am I not good enough?" Hyemi started crying.

"Please, don't cry, Hyemi-ah." He hugged her as she sobbed into his chest. "You are perfect. You're smart, talent, beautiful, a great dancer, and a great singer."

Hyemi looked up with red, teary eyes. "How did you know that I sing?"

He rubbed her shoulders. "You're so perfect that I just know you can." He took off her silly hat and his hair clip. "Let's get out of the store and get some fresh air."

~~~~~

"Minwoo, do you think my little sister will like this?" Eunhae held up a pink keychain in the Hello Kity store.

"Hmm, didn't you say that she liked purple?" Minwoo examined the others on the rack.

"Oh, right." Eunhae looked around. "Thank you so much for helping me find the perfect gift."

"No problem," He smiled. "Anyways, our little sisters are best friends so I thought it'd be the a good opportunity to look for gifts from the both of us." Minwoo walked further into the store when he found a beautiful but simple diamond necklace shaped in a heart with a pink Hello Kity bow on it (if they actually sell this kind of necklace, please let me know so that I can buy one for myself! :D). "This would look great on Mimi-ah..." He took one from the rack and walked back over to Eunhae.

"Is that for Hyemi?" Eunhae pointed at the necklace.

Minwoo smiled and nodded. "Do you think she'll like it?"

Eunhae felt jealous. "Yes. She'll love it." She had liked Minwoo for a while but she knew he was with Hyemi so she didn't do anything about her little crush. "I heard you didn't ask her out yet."

Minwoo held up the necklace. "I'm going to stop by her house after we buy these things and give the necklace to her. Is it too cheesy?"

Eunhae shook her head. "I'm sure she'll say yes. Fighting!"

"Fighting! Done?" Minwoo took the keychain, a purple pencil, and the necklace and walked over to the cash register. He was about to take out his wallet when he heard Hyemi's voice.

"It looks good on you!" Hyemi clipped something into Hyunseong's hair.

"Excuse me, sir?" The cashier called out to Minwoo who was staring at Hyemi and Hyunseong.

"Oh, sorry," Minwoo took out his wallet and gave the money. When he looked back at Hyemi and Hyunseong, he was tickling her and she had a silly hat on. What's going on? He asked himself. I thought Mimi-ah likes me... But then again I didn't excalty ask her if she liked me...

"Don't they make a cute couple?" The cashier asked when she noticed that Minwoo was staring at Hyemi and Hyunseong. "It's like they're made for each other."

Minwoo didn't reply to the cashier's comment. He just silently waited for the items to be bagged.

Hyemi was facing Minwoo and Eunhae but her eyes were closed because she was laughing too hard. When Minwoo knew she was going to open her eyes again, he put his arm around Eunhae's shoulders hoping Hyemi would see them.

Minwoo grabbed the items, "Thank you." He slowly walked out the store with his arms still around Eunhae.

Once they walked out of the store, he dropped his arm. He sighed.

"Was that because of Hyemi?" Eunhae asked, still blushing from Minwoo's action.

"Hyunseong..." Was all Minwoo could say.

"Hyemi really likes you, Minwoo." Eunhae persisted.

"Then why were they together?!" Minwoo yelled.

"Don't be mad at me..."

"Sorry." Minwoo apologized. "I'm just really upset."

"Calm down, Minwoo. I'm sure it was nothing."

Minwoo sighed as they walked out of the mall. Mimi-ah...

~~~~~

"Does he not like me anymore?" Hyemi sighed into Hyunseong's chest. They were sitting on a bench by the entrance of the mall. Hyemi was all cried out.

"Just relax, Hyemi-ah. Being sad won't help anyone."

"Mimi-ah!" Someone yelled from the automatic doors.

Hyemi straigtened herself up.

"Are you ok, Mimi-ah?" Youngmin shouted. "Your eyes are all puffy!"

Hyunseong took his arm off of her shoulder. "I'm sorry, but I have to go home. I promised my mom I would drive her to the doctors in ten minutes."

"Thank you so much, Hyunseong." Hyemi tried to smille but failed.

Hyunseong wiped a fallen tear. "Just feel better soon, Hyemi-ah. I'm counting on you, Youngmin." He waved and walked into the parking lot.

Youngmin sat next to Hyemi on the bench. "So what happened?!"

Hyemi hugged Youngmin's waist. "Youngmin-ah. Minwoo. He's cheating on me."

Youngmin gasped and saw that Hyemi started to cry again. He didn't know what to say so he just her hair.

"He'll regret it later on." Youngmin pointed out after a minute of silence.

"No, he won't. He'll be too busy with Eunhae." Hyemi mumbled into his shirt.

"Eunhae? Mimi-ah, you're a hundred times better."

Hyemi sniffled.

"He'll miss you like there's no tomorrow." Youngmin continued.

"No, he won't."

"Yes, he will. His heart will beat like crazy like the first time you two met but he won't be able to do anything because you'd have already found someone better." He poked her cheeks. "Someone who will love you more than the world. Someone who will think about you every second of every day. Someone who would do anything just to be with you." He paused. "Someone who's just waiting for a chance to be with you; to hold you tight and never let you go." He pulled her closer to him.

"And who's that someone?" Hyemi looked up at Youngmin with puffy eyes.

He looked into her eyes. "Me."

 

--------------------------------------------------

As promised!

Btw, Happy 111111 and Pepero/Pocky day! May all your wishes come true!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter :D

'If you want to slap Minwoo in the face for being so stubborn, clap your hands.' *clap clap*

Anyways, thank you for all of your support and please look forward to my future pieces :]

~ Kii-chan <3