I'll Be There

"You Know Nothing About Love"

"Are you Tawny?"

The girl nodded. "How do you know my name?"

Hyemi glared at Hyunseong. She looked on the library table once more and saw an empty jewelry box with a sign that said 'Senior Prom?'. She looked at Tawny's wrist and saw a bracelet that matched the jewelry box mold perfectly. "Did Oppa over here ask you to Senior Prom?"

"Yes!" Tawny smiled. "I can't wait to go!"

Hyemi swung her hand intending to slap Hyunseong on the cheek. He flinched, anticipating the slap but she stopped before she touched him. "Shim Hyunseong, I can't believe you!" She shook her head as she rushed out of the library.

"Stupid, Hyunseong," Hyemi grumbled as she stomped down the empty hallways. "You didn't even remember our anniversary..." She took out her phone and texted Minwoo

*From: Mimi-ah: Are you busy right now?

*From: Minmin-ah: Nope but I'm about to go home.

Mimi-ah: Meet me at the entrance gate of the school.

Minmin-ah: What's wrong? O.o

Hyemi didn't answer. She sat on the bench next to the gate and waited for Minwoo.

After a minute Minwoo shouted a few feet away from her. "Mimi-ah!" He ran over to her. "What's wrong?"

"Can I go over your to house today?" She quickly asked him.

He blinked. "My house? Why?"

She stumbled for an answer. "Video games... I want to play some video games."

He didn't pass up the opportunity to hang out with Hyemi. "Sure, let's go." The walk to his house was silent. "Are you ok, Mimi-ah?"

She looked at him and nodded, blankly.

When he was about to ask her about Hyunseong, his phone rang. *Ojig na neoui Boyfriend eh eh eh~* Hyemi laughed. "You still haven't changed your ring tone?"

He stuck her tongue out at her and answered his phone. "Hello?... Youngmin?... Kwangmin?... Wait, don't talk at the same time... Yeah, I'm on my way home... You're in my house?! How'd you get in?! When did my mom give you guys a key?! Yeah, yeah, you can set up the Wii... Don't break it! And don't go in my room!" He looked at his phone. "Hello?!" He snapped the phone shut. "They hung up on me..."

"YoungKwang invaded your home?" Hyemi laughed.

Minwoo was glad she was laughing. "Unfortunetly my mom trusted them with house keys."

She nodded and tripped on a crack. Minwoo quickly grabbed her before she could hit the ground. When they opened their eyes, their faces were a few centimeters away from each other. After a minute of staring at each other, they quickly stood up and dusted themselves off.

Minwoo cleared his throat. "Let's hurry up before Youngmin eats all of the food in my refrigerator."

They raced to Minwoo's house down the street.

"I win!" Hyemi cheered as she touched the door handle.

"Looks like you did," he congratulated her even though he only jogged to let her win. He was about to turn the handle when Youngmin yanked the door open.

"Oh? Mimi-ah?" Youngmin stepped outside and looked at her from head to toe. "Long time no see."

Hyemi pointed at his brown hair with her jaw dropped. "What happened?"

Youngmin touched his hair flamboyently, "look's great, huh?"

"Yeah, it actually does. You look cute." She complimented him.

Minwoo started getting jealous and pushed them into his house. He looked at the paused television screen and noticed that Kwangmin wasn't in the living room. "Where's your brother?"

Youngmin was staring at Hyemi. "Huh?"

Minwoo slapped Youngmin's arm. "No looking at other girls, don't forget you're with Sumin."

Hyemi gasped. "Really? Congratulations!"

Youngmin scratched the back of his head. "Thanks."

"When did you ask her out?" She squeeled.

"About four months ago."

"Woah! Why didn't I get the memo?!"

"Because you were always with Hyunse-" Minwoo covered Youngmin's mouth. Hyemi felt a stab of pain in her heart.

Minwoo nervously laughed. "Where's Kwangmin?"

"In your room." Youngmin caught onto the atmosphere.

Minwoo let go of Youngmin and dashed up the stairs, shouting on his way up. "Jo Kwangmin! I told you NOT to go into my room!"

Kwangmin laughed loudly. "You sure draw hearts around Mimi-ah's name a lot, don't you?"

"W-what are you talking about? I don't do that!" Minwoo shouted nervously.

"Yeah, you do! Ow! It's not nice to slap your Hyung!" Kwangmin complained.

"You're not my Hyung!"

Youngmin turned to Hyemi. "Minwoo draws your name on every sheet of paper he gets."

Hyemi blushed. "No, I bet he doesn't."

Youngmin shrugged. "What're you doing here?"

"I wanted to play some video games."

"You?" Youngmin raised his eyebrow. "Video games? You don't like video games."

"Well I do now." Hyemi plopped herself onto the couch and grabbed a game controller.

----- After two hours of playing video games; Call of Duty -----

"Hyemi's going to win again," Kwangmin whined as they waited for the leaderboard to show up,

*On screen: 1. Mimi-kins  2. Twin#2 K  3. MinnieMouse  4. Twin#1 Y*

Youngmin pouted. "I'm always last."

Hyemi stood up and started fist pumping the air. "Reigning champion! Mimi-kins!"

Kwangmin stood up and pointed and Hyemi, "You have cheats, don't you?!" He started searching her pockets.

"Pft, you guys just ." She slapped away his hand. They sat back on the couch. Hyemi rested her head on Minwoo's shoulder and closed her eyes. "No wonder you guys love video games. It's so relaxing."

Youngmin signaled for Kwangmin to look at Minwoo and Hyemi. Minwoo turned a bright shade of blush red.

Youngmin started getting jealous and ruined the moment. "So how are you and Hyunseong?"

Hyemi's eyes snapped open and she sat up, removing her head off of Minwoo's shoulder. Minwoo glared at Youngmin.

"Not so well." She smoothed her hair with her hand. "He's cheating on me."

"What?" YoungKwang said at the same time. Minwoo looked down.

Hyemi shrugged.

"And you're okay with it?" Kwangmin gaped.

"We've been together for a year now. I guess he's getting bored on me."

"No way, you're like the most unboring-est person I know!" Youngmin put his hands ontop of hers. "I'm sure it's nothing. This moment will pass and you guys will be happy again."

Hyemi shook her head. "It's not nothing. He's taking her to senior prom."

Youngmin frowned. "That's not right."

Kwangmin interrupted. "Don't worry, there are other fish in the sea. And maybe that certain fish is in this very room." Minwoo threw a pillow at Kwangmin's head. "Ow! Why are you so violent today?"

Youngmin laughed. "Anyways, just stay strong, okay, Mimi-ah? We're always here for you, right, guys?" Minwoo and Kwangmin nodded.

"Thanks." Hyemi looked at her watch. "5pm already? I should go home now."

"I'll walk you to the door," Minwoo stood up. Youngmin and Kwangmin made hearts with their hands when Hyemi wasn't looking.

Minwoo closed his front door behind him and faced Hyemi.

"Thank you for today." Hyemi smiled. "I had a great time."

"M-me, too." He couldn't look her in the eye.

"Are you, okay, Minmin-ah?"

"Hm? Y-yeah, I'm fine. It's just..." He sighed. "We haven't hung out in a while and I feel like we're strangers. I didn't know you were good at video games."

"I didn't know I was good either. And don't think that we're strangers. You're my best friend," she touched his cheeks and he blushed. She noticed that his cheeks were red and pulled her hand away, not realizing that she was also blushing. "I'm gonna. Go now." Hyemi turned around.

Spontaneously, Minwoo hugged her from behind. "I'll be there."

Her heart was beating quickly. "What do you mean?"

He hugged her tighter. "If you need a shoulder to cry on, or just someone to waste your time with. I'll be there for you; I've always been there for you. Now and forever." He closed his eyes and pressed his lips onto her head. He sighed and let go.

Hyemi didn't turn around. "I'll see you tomorrow." She hurried down the street, hiding her extremely red cheeks.

Minwoo remained emotionless as he watched her walk away. He turned around and saw Youngmin and Kwangmin peeking through the window. When he opened the door, Youngmin and Kwangmin rushed over to him.

"What was that about?" Youngmin giggled.

"Nothing." Minwoo sat down on the couch. The twins followed him like puppies.

"That sure was a whole lot of nothing," Youngmin winked.

After a moment of silence, Kwangmin blurted out, "Wow, Hyemi got really pretty."

"Yeah, her face matured." Youngmin agreed. "She's growing up."

Kwangmin smiled at the thought of Hyemi. "I think I kind of like her now."

Minwoo glared at him. "You?! Really?!" Youngmin shouted.

"What?" Kwangmin challenged Minwoo. "I don't stand a chance with the prettiest girl in school?"

Minwoo scoffed. "Not a chance."

Kwangmin raised an eyebrow. "You like her, don't you?"

Minwoo blinked. "What did you say?"

Kwangmin put his arm on Minwoo's shoulders. "I was just joking about liking her and you're getting over-protective."

"Oh," was all Minwoo could say.

"You still like Mimi-ah, don't you?" Youngmin laid down on Minwoo's living room floor.

"N-no," Minwoo lied. "What would make you think that?"

"Pft, whatever you say." Youngmin rolled onto his stomach and played with his hair.

Kwangmin pinched Minwoo's cheeks. "You know that we'll support you now matter what, right?"

"Fighting~" YoungKwang said at the same time.

Minwoo rolled his eyes.

"Tomorrow's Valentine's Day." Youngmin pointed out. "You should get Mimi-ah something."

"No, she's still with Hyunseong. That's wrong, isn't it? Trying to steal someone's girlfriend." Minwoo frowned.

"Why would it be wrong? You like her, don't you?"

Minwoo didn't reply.

"You know nothing about love."

"Maybe l should get her something for tomorrow." Minwoo thought outloud.

Kwangmin smirked. "Fighting!"

 

--------------------------------------------------

Just came back from orchestra rehearsal woohoooooo so tired lol

Can you guess what song I was listening to while writing this?

... That's right! "I'll Be There"! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CipF26oiY54

For the next week, I'll be super busy with exams so I might or might not be posting up new chapters

BUT I will be putting up teaser previews. Teeheehee :3

Hope you enjoyed this chapter :D

~ Kii-chan <3