Chapter 9

The Tokens Rule

So, he just left you in the car hanging?” Yixing was laughing his off at all the things his best friend had been telling him on the phone.

Yeah! That was quite embarrassing. I mean, he knew exactly what I wanted! And he wanted it too!

But what did you do then? You left?

Left?! Of course not! I got off the car and went to take what I wanted. I grabbed his neck and kissed him.

Yixing started laughing even louder.

You did? Hahaha! Oh my God, that boy is good! He knows how to get what he wants without talking.

Yix, you should be on my side!

I am, I am! But I must aknowledge his power. Bringing the old Baekkie out of his shell, not just anybody could have done this.

Yeah, yeah, maybe.” Baekhyun was smiling thinking about the recent events.

So, what are you guys up to now?” Yixing asked on a more serious tone.

What do you mean?

You know what I mean Baekhyun, quit that fake dense attitude.

Baekhyun sighed. This was exactly what he wanted to avoid.

Honestly I don’t know. But do we really need to know? I mean, we hang out and we’re having fun that’s all.

Yeah and you like each other.” The Chinese man said like it was so obvious.

I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Cut the crap Baekkiiiiie.

Yes I like him, then what? There is no a label for what we are right now.

What about, I don’t know, boyfriends?

Baekhyun’ stomach twisted. Being Chanyeol’s boyfriend sounded quite good.

Hmm, not yet. We’re still building the relationship I guess.

Building the relationship? You go on dates, talk to each other often, you kiss, you buy things for each other. The relationship seems pretty built for me. Did you already had-

No we didn’t!” Baekhyun cut his friend off.

Hahaha! C’mon Baekie, you don’t have to be shy about those things with me, you know that.

I know, but we really didn’t. And we won’t until I decide so.

Okay! We’ll see how long you’ll resist then.

You’re calling me easy Yix?

No! But, you like him, seems like he likes you too so I don’t know, we’ll see.” Hearing the tone of his voice, Baekhyun knew his friend was probably smiling like crazy.

 

And so on the two best friends kept blabbering through the night.


 

Because of their own work, Baekhyun and Chanyeol had not seen each other since the movie date. But they were keeping in touch, sending each other texts regularly everyday.

 

It was the afternoon and Baekhyun was working in his office. Lately, everything had been a mess between late deliveries, two employees missing and the high amount of customers. This last thing was technically good news but with two less people in the team, the amount of work was difficult to keep up to. Baekhyun had to go help his employees in the departement more often and his own work was piling up.

He was typing an e-mail when his phone buzzed loudly on his desk.

 

From; Park Chanyeol

03:12 PM
Hey pretty boy!

How are u today?
Flashnews: After some reflexion, I changed your name on my phone ;)

 

Baekhyun smiled reading the text.

 

To: Park Chanyeol

03:15 PM
Hey tall guy!

Work is ectic, couldn’t even have lunch.

New name huh? May I know what is it? :)
 

From: Park Chanyeol

03:17 PM
U didn’t eat? Want me to bring something for u?
The Park deliveries are fast and trustworthy!
And about that new name it’s…

 

From: Park Chanyeol

03:17 PM
“Baekhyun” :D

 

To: Park Chanyeol

03:18 PM
Wth? What’s new here?

 

From: Park Chanyeol

03:19 PM
It used to be “Byun Baekhyun”.
I dropped the formalities since we’re closer now aren’t us ? ;)

 

Baekhyun facepalmed himself. Park Chanyeol, I swear to God...he said to himself trying to hold his smile. This man was an idiot but he was a very cute idiot who could make Baekhyun’s heart flutter with stupid stuff like this.
 

To: Park Chanyeol

03:24 PM
You’re really lame you know that?!
And don’t worry about the food, I’ll eat twice more for dinner haha !

 

From: Park Chanyeol

03:25 PM
Lame? Why ??
Did you expect something else Baekhyun? :)

 

To: Park Chanyeol

03:27 PM
No Chanyeol, I didn’t expect anything!
But calling me by my real name is not really something you should call flashnews… ㅋㅋㅋ!
Anyway, sorry but gtg! Work work work v_v

 

From: Park Chanyeol

03:28 PM
I thought you’d be happy to know that :(
Good luck for the rest of the day.
I’ll call u tonight!

 

In the evening, Baekhyun was finally relaxing himself. Seated on his couch, his stomach full of pizza, he was now sipping on a cold beer while watching TV.

His phone rang and he was not surprised to see the name of his “almost-boyfriend” written on the screen.

Hey there.” Baekhyun said with a voice he wanted y.

Heeeyyy, were you sleeping?” Chanyeol answered with a lightly surprised voice.

No...Hmm. Well, what’s up?

Nothing much. Classes, tests, studying. It’s been a bit boring lately. What about you? Seems like you’re still overworked.

Yeah a little bit. It’s like each new problem leads to another one and it’s pretty tiring.

There’s still one of your employee missing?

Oh you remember that? Actually, two are missing now. One quit and one is sick so it’s messing up with everyones’ schedule. And I don’t know why there are so many customers lately and…Oh my God, why am I even telling you this? Sorry for bothering you with my problems!” Baekhyun let out a little embarrassed laugh.

You’re not bothering me at all Baekhyun! I’m actually glad you feel comfortable enough to talk like this to me. Look, I want you to consider me like your friend, like someone you can rely on. You can talk to me about anything. If you need anything even if it’s just fulminate against a customer who put back a book on the wrong shelf, call me. I bet you’re pretty stressed out with your work right now so I want you to see me like your gateway to a stressfree world. I want you to smile whenever you think about me.”
 

W-o-w, that was unexpected.
 

T-thank you Chanyeol. I’m...Whoa, you caught me by surprise. Once again you leave me speechless, how do you do that?” Baekhyun was deeply touched and his voice was showing it.

Haha! I’m just telling you what I feel. And I want you to do the same whenever you feel like it.

Thank you again. It really means a lot. But be careful what you wish ‘cause people say I talk a lot. My ex-boyfriend use to complain a lot about this actually and...and I don’t know why I had to mention him in this. Damn, sorry Chanyeol! See? I talk to much.” Baekhyun feared that it would put an awkward atmosphere between the two boys but Chanyeol did not mind.

Yeah but I’m not your ex-boyfriend. And he was stupid enough to let someone like you go so who cares about he thinks?

This made the shorter man smile. Chanyeol’ skills to make the mood lighter were really on point. There was a very short silence before Baekhyun talked again.

So you want me to consider you as a friend?

Yeah, I mean, at least. Because let me get this clear, I don’t kiss all of my friends like we did lat time.”

Baekhyun laughed.

Well I hope so! Alright, so okay, you’re my friend Chanyeol. Maybe I should take off the “Park” before your name in my phone too.” The manager said teasingly.

That’s not funny! And I wish you would put something more personal than Chanyeol actually. You said you would find me a nickname but you still come up with that tall man thing from times to times.

Aww, he wants a nickname! You sound cute like this... Chan? Channie? Chaninie?

Love them three.

Oh please!” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. Chanyeol could be so corny sometimes. “I’ll go with Chan then. And we’ll see if something better come up later.

Chan it is then...Baek? Baekie? Baekikie?

I will never answer if you ever call me Baekikie. This is so cheesy, it’s a no Chanyeol!

Okay okay! But call me Chan now, not Chanyeol.

Baekhyun sighed. “Okay, Chan!

I love it.” Chanyeol said happily.

You’re really stupid.” Baekhyun answered laughing.  And that’s why I like you so much.
 

And they kept chatting and joking like this until Baekhyun had to go to sleep.

 

The next friday, Baekhyun was having a coffee break when his phone buzzed in one of his pocket. It was a text.
 

From: Chan

02:07 PM
Hey busy man! Are you free tomorrow night?

 

To: Chan

02:08 PM
Hey CHAN! Yes, I’m free (for the moment) ;)

 

From: Chan

02:10 PM
Good! My place, 7:30pm? ^_^

 

To: Chan

02:12 PM
Let’s say 8:00pm. I work tomorrow and I’ll need to go home first to freshen up before I come ;)

Btw, what will we do?
 

From: Chan

02:13 PM
Deal for 8:00pm. And it’s a surprise :D
There’ll be food that’s all I can say.

 

To: Chan

02:15 PM
Lol! Ok…

Looking forward to tomorrow night ^_^
 

From: Chan

02:16 PM
Same! See u later~

 

It was now saturday, Chanyeol was annoyed by his roommate who was still in the apartment despite it was almost 8pm.

Yeol, tonight’s the big night I guess? You don’t usually go out of your ways like this for free.

The you’re saying? And no, this is not why I did this.”

I don’t know, I’m not really used to abstinent Chanyeol. Bookstore guy must be really special hahaha! Or I guess he has his own ways to make you wait.” Sehun said with an evil look and winked at a more and more annoyed Chanyeol.

You’re obsessed and disgusting Sehun.

The latter faked an offended expression on his face.

You’re so full of Chanyeol. I’m not falling for your fake prude .

Shut up and leave! Why are you even still here?

Sehun shrugged. “I live here.

Sehun, if you’re still here when he arrives I’ll-

But Chanyeol was cut off by the sound of the intercom.

Sehun smirked and crossed his arms. Chanyeol pushed him before he ran to the device.
 

Chanyeol was waiting by the door and opened it immediately when he heard the bell.
 

You’re here!” He said while hugging and kissing his guest on the cheek.

Hey Chan!” Baekhyun said smiling and hugging his tall friend back.

Come in.” Chanyeol said leading Baekhyun in the living room. “Make yourself at home. Gimme that.” He said while helping the other to take his jacket off.

Sehun appeared in the living room. A provocative smile on his face and a backpack hanging on his shoulder.

Hello! I’m Sehun, Chanyeol’s roommate! You must be Baekhyun!” He said while extended one of his hand to greet the guest.

I am! Nice to meet you Sehun!” Baekhyun smiled at him while they were shaking hands.

Nice to finally meet you too. After all I heard!” Sehun said looking directly at Chanyeol who mouthed a silent “Get out!”.

Oh, I hope you heard only nice things.” Baekhyun said while blushing lightly.

Oh you know… “ Sehun said putting back his provocative smile but he was cut short by Chanyeol.

Sehun, I hadn’t closed the door yet so why don’t you take this opportunity to leave peacefully?” The tallest man said with a threatening voice.

Whoaaa, someone is stressed out. I guess it’s ‘cause you’d been cooking all of the afternoon. You know Baekhyun, he actually burned one of the dish twice so he had to do it again three times. So I hope you’ll like the dinner or else he’ll have a mental breakdown.

Okay Sehun, goodbye NOW!” Chanyeol gripped Sehun’s arm and pushed him until he was at the door.

G-goodnight Baekhyun! And who knows, maybe I’ll see you tomorrow.” The youngest yelled from the corridor and he waved at Baekhyun who was laughing at the scene.

I’ll make you pay for this Sehun!

Sehun ignored the threat and got closer to Chanyeol to whisper in his ear.

Now that I see him again, I must say that he is indeed really pretty. Nice choice Yeol. Oh and by the way, there are condoms in the drawer of my nightstand.” He added while tapping his roommate’shoulder.

off Sehun.” And Chanyeol closed the door on him.
 

He walked back to Baekhyun.

Sorry for that, he was supposed to be gone before you arrive. But I guess he dawdled here on purpose.

It’s okay. I’m glad I met him, he is funny!

“If by funny you mean annoying, then yes I guess he’s funny.

Baekhyun laughed and took a look around.

So, this is where you live huh?

Yeah, let me show you.

Chanyeol showed him the clean and quite cozy apartment starting with the kitchen corner, the living room, the bedrooms and the bathroom.

“Your apartment is really nice and to be honest, I didn’t expect it to be this clean knowing 2 male students were living here.”

“Thank you! We try to keep it as in order as possible. And I cleaned everything even more carefully because you were coming.”

Aah, such a good host! Well, I hope you cook as well as you clean then! But is it true that you burned the food twice?” Baekhyun tried his best to hold his laugh imagining the scene.

Y-yeah. I don’t know how I managed to do it. It’s something I’ve already cooked several times but I guess I was too distracted.” Chanyeol a little embarrassed.

I can’t wait to taste your food then!

It’s about time! Actually, because of Sehun I couldn’t finish everything I planned so...Hmm, would you mind waiting in my room for a few minutes? So I can finish my little surprise?

O-okay…” Baekhyun said a little surprised. “But Chanyeol it’s okay, you don’t have to do too much effort. I’m already happy to be here.

No please, it won’t be long! You can go on my computer or put some music. Just go, I’ll call you up in a few!

Alright alright, I’ll go then.” Baekhyun said a little amused by Chanyeol’s behavior. He went to the room and closed the door.
 

15 minutes later, Chanyeol knocked at the door before opening it.

I’m good!” He took Baekhyun’s hand and led him to the living room.

The latter let out a wow when he saw the transformed living-room. All the lights were turned off and the room was only illuminated by big white and pink candles dispatched everywhere.

The dinner table was covered with a dark red tablecloth. There was a lot of food on the table, fresh diced vegetables, kimchi fried rice, a stir-fry of sausages and sweet pepper, japchae and some other side-dishes. Aside from the food, the table was decorated with long and slim tallow candles and what looked like rose petals.

This is really beautiful Chanyeol!

Thank you! I hope you’ll enjoy the food as well.” Chanyeol’s heart was beating so fast. It was the first time he was doing something like this.

It smells and looks good so I’m pretty sure it’ll taste like heaven.”  Baekhyun was really moved by all the effort that was put for him.

Well, first, would you like some wine?

Sure.

Chanyeol poured red wine in two big wine glasses and give one to Baekhyun. They clinked their glasses to a very good evening and took a sip.

Love it! You’re a wine amateur?” Baekhun asked.

Hmm, not really. I was helped by the seller haha!

Baekhyun smiled and took another sip.

What about a loveshot?” Chanyeol asked watching the shorter man in the eyes.

Okay.

They crossed they arms and drank their wine looking into each other eyes. Once they finished, Chanyeol put his glass back on the bar, cupped Baekhyun’s face with his hands and kissed him softly. Baekhyun’s lips tasted like wine and were as soft as Chanyeol remembered.

I missed those lips.” He whispered to a blushing Baekhyun. “Okay, so time to eat! Since I cooked everything, I was pretty proud of myself but now that you’re about to taste it my confidence is dropping slowly. But really,if you don’t like something just don’t eat it, don’t worry!

It’s okay Chanyeol! I’ll give you your grade at the end of the dinner.” Baekhyun joked.

They installed themselves face-to-face and started eating while chatting. Chanyeol was a really good cooker, and Baekhyun was enjoying the food. At some point, Chanyeol reached to take one of Baekhyun’s hand in his and he interlaced their fingers. They kept eating, talking and drinking wine like this, doing their best to do everything with their only free hands.
 

That was really good Chanyeol! 9/10 for all the dishes!” Baekhyun said with a huge smile.

Oh, why not 10/10?

So you can keep improving yourself trying to get that last point.” Baekhyun said while sipping some more wine.

The first time we talked you told me you were an harsh judge, I guess you were not lying.
 

Baekhyun nodded, proud of himself.
 

So, mister harsh judge, would you mind going to sit on the couch so we can proceed to the next step of the night?” Chanyeol said, immediately regretting the choice of his words because it made everything sound erted. “No, I mean, go sit on the couch ‘cause I’ve got another surprise for you.

Baekhyun looked at him with an intrigued face. “But don’t you want me to help you clean the table first?

“Baek, please… just go on the couch.” And Chanyeol went into his room. When he came back he was hiding something behind his back.

He sat next to a very curious Baekhyun hands still behind his back.

So, Baek-Baekie, I know you’ve been really overworked lately. And from what I understood you were really stressed. This is mostly why I made this thing tonight, so you can forget about your problems for a while and just relax at least for one night. This and also because I was dying to see you of course.

Baekhyun smiled, Chanyeol was being adorable.

Okay, so what’s one of the best thing you can do to release stress?” Chanyeol asked with a cute grin.

Baekhyun frowned and started laughing shyly.

No, no, Baek, no! I don’t know exactly what you’re thinking about but I’m sure it’s not what I have in my mind. Oh my God, I’m really choosing my words poorly tonight, I’m sorry. It’s a bath! A good way to relax is to take a hot bath, it’s well-known. But I guess that telling you to take a bath alone in my bathroom would not have been the best idea especially since it’s the 1st time you come here.

Baekhyun frowned again. What exactly Chanyeol was trying to say?

So I got you this!” The tall man finally showed him what he was hiding. It was a medium size basket full of cute-shaped colorful soaps, glittery bathbombs, mini-candles, little bottles of massage oils and facemasks. It’s the perfect relax pack, all wrapped up in a transparent gift wrap ornamented with a red bow. “Whenever you need it I hope you’ll be able to make a good use of the products.

Whoaaa, thank you Chan!!” Baekhyun hugged the man in front of him tightly. It was a very touching gift. Baekhyun knew he’s been complaining a lot about his amount of work lately when he was on the phone with Chanyeol but he did not expect this kind of attention.

Chan, I’m so touched! But you really didn’t have to do all of this for me.

Yes I did! I told you I wanted to make you happy. And seeing your reaction, I think the mission is cleared!” Chanyeol said proudly.

Oh yes it is! Thank you so much! Ah, you’re too nice, come here!

Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol into an innocent kiss which lasted a few seconds before turning into something more  passionnate. He now had his hands in the taller’s hair and he could feel the other’s hands going slowly from his shoulder blades to the lower part of his back.

Chanyeol tilted his head to deepen the kiss and Baekhyun did the same opening his mouth a little more to let their tongues meet.

They were sliding on the couch gradually until Baekhyun was totally lying with Chanyeol on the top of him. The latter detached his lips from the man beneath him and started kissing the other’s jaw lightly, slowly going to the neck. Baekhyun was burning on the  inside and outside. Every part of his skin that had been touched by Chanyeol’s mouth was radiating. And he started feeling jolts through his whole body when his neck got attacked by the tall man’s lips, tongue and teeth. Closed eyes, biting his lower lip to hold any moan that could come out of his mouth, Baekhyun felt like he was melting. All this and biting would probably leave mark on his skin but right now he did not care. However, if he did not want this to go too far he should stop the action immediately. But it felt so good….

He finally started moving a little under his partner.

Ch-Chan, let’s slow down please.” He said quite unwillingly.

Chanyeol’s body tensed up. He immediately stopped what he was doing but did not lift his head up neither say a word.

I’m sorry Chanyeol. Please don’t be upset but-

I’m not upset!” Chanyeol cut him off finally lifting his head up. He straightened up to get back to a seated position. His face was red, his hair totally messed up thanks to Baekhyun, and he was smiling shyly while looking at the even more embarrassed man in front of him. “I’m sorry, I got caught in the moment. Please, don’t think that I invited you here for this or anything.”

Oh no, I don’t think that! I’m sorry, I’m the one who jumped on you but I-it’s just that I want to wait a little more. I feel comfortable with you but I don’t feel like it’s the right time yet. I hope you understand.” The shorter male said apologetically.

I totally understand don’t worry! You really don’t have to be sorry.

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into a hug and kissed his forehead.

Wow, you’re sweating. I think it’s the perfect time to take the dessert.” Chanyeol said laughing lightly. He got up heading to the kitchen corner.

Oh! What did you make?

Ahem, I did not really make it. It’s just ice cream haha! I had a little lack of inspiration, sorry.

Oh no! Ice cream is perfect! Which flavor?

I bought vanilla and strawberry. T-The colors fit with the candles.” The taller answered hesitantly.

Chan, you’re serious?” Baekhyun looked quickly at the candles which were indeed white and pink. He bursted out laughing. “You act reeeeaaally cheesy sometimes.

Hey don’t laugh! I guess I have a romantic side.” Chanyeol said while taking out the boxes of ice cream out of the freezer.

He prepared 2 cups with several scoops.

He went back to sit next to Baekhyun and handed him one of the cup and a spoon.

So, Baek-Baekie, what do you want to do now? I thought we could watch a movie or a TV show.

Yeah, let’s do this!” Baekhyun said while starting to eat his ice-cream.

What do you want to watch? We’ve got plenty of DVDs and I’ve got a lot of movies on my computer as well.

After some discussion, they decided to watch as many Fast & Furious as they could since Chanyeol got the whole DVD collection.
 

They enjoyed their movie marathon cuddling under a blanket and occasionnaly kissing.

 

 

________________________________________________
[A/N]Long chapter because I formerly wanted to update 2 chapters this week-end but I won't be able to make it loool.
Ok so 1st of all a really warm thank you to JongKeylovingpanda for upvoting me! That was really unexpected and I'm really thankful, thanks a lot for the support T_T OTL
And also welcome and thank you to the new subscribers! This is so encouraging as well!
Thank you everyone *^*
Please enjoy this new chapter and have a nice day!