Chapter 7

The Tokens Rule

It was finally friday night and Chanyeol was getting ready while singing loudly to the music blasting from his iPod dock.

Sehun burst into his room without knocking (as usual) and started complaining.

Ooooh, calm down old man! You don’t want the rain to start pouring do you?

Shut up Sehun!” Chanyeol said smiling. He could not wait to go to his 2nd date.

Look at you… It’s been a while since I saw like this. This bookstore guy must have some magic tricks-

Pff! You know nothing.” Chanyeol cut him off.

It’s funny because I’m not even sure I remember his face. But I remember you drooling in front of him like a middle schooler. Now I understand why you couldn’t even tell your own name, hahaha! Grandpa got weak!” Sehun was now laughing loudly.

You little !” The older guy said while throwing a pillow on his roommate.

Sehun catched the pillow and was now holding it while sitting on Chanyeol’s bed.

But what is it exactly between you two? I mean I know it’s only your second date but will you try to reach second or third base tonight or what?” Sehun smirked.

Sehun please…” Unexpectedly Chanyeol fell quite awkward talking about this.

What? Chanyeol please! I bumped into some of your one-night-stands while taking breakfast a few times already. Don’t pull the shy card with me, I know you better.

I’m not shy! But I don’t know, it ain’t about this this time. I mean, I wouldn’t say no of course, but we’re just trying to get to know each better for the moment. We’ll see what happens.

Yeah but you already seem to like him quite a lot though.

Well, he’s nice, funny and good-looking so it makes things easier I guess.” Chanyeol said proudly.

Ugh, you’re disgusting when you act like this. Good luck anyway!” Sehun said while leaving the room after tapping his friend’shoulder.

Thanks Hun! Oh and by the way what are your plans for tonight? Because I won’t take any of your calls so you’d better not get wasted or whatever.


 

Baekhyun made sure to be on time for this second date. So when Chanyeol arrived at the place they were supposed to meet he was surprised to see the y brunette waiting for him. When he heard Chanyeol’steps he turned his head and smile at him.

Hey! Is that the student of the year that I see?

Chanyeol giggled. “Good evening Mister Byun! How are you?

Let’s say I’m glad it’s friday! But why do you keep calling me Mister Byun? That’s weird.” Baekhyun asked with an intrigued look.

I don’t know, I find it funny. The first time I saw you was when your employee called you Mr.Byun so I like to call you like this. But I will stop if you don’t like it.” The tall man said with a smile.

Oh no, it’s not that I don’t like it. I was just wondering.” Baekhyun thought the reason was actually cute but did not say it.

Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure it’s about time before I find you a new nickname.” Chanyeol winked and Baekhyun’s heart skipped a beat.

I should find one for you too...tall man.What the hell am I saying?

Tall man? Really?” Chanyeol was now laughing. Ah, his laugh, I really love it.

Well, yeah, Imma need some time to find a good one I guess.” Baekhyun said with a light embarrassed laugh.

Chanyeol wanted to tell him how cute he looked but refrained himself. You already told him a few times, don’t need to be too insistent.

So, Chanyeol, where are we going? I’m a bit hungry to be honest.

Oh that’s perfect then! Follow me, I hope you like hamburgers!

 

Chanyeol led them to an American 50’s style restaurant. There was a jukebox and you could eat at the bar if you wanted to. There were large screens projecting old back and white cartoons. The place was awesome, Baekhyun really liked it.

Whoa Chanyeol, this place is awesome!

I know right? And their hamburgers are to die for!

Can’t wait to taste it!” Baekhyun was really happy to be here. Chanyeol knew some very good places.

A roller-skating waitress came to them and Chanyeol asked for a booth.

Once they took their places, they read the menu and of course ordered hamburgers.

I’ll take a Giant Joe with hot barbecue sauce and french fries.” Baekhyun said.

Good choice!” the waitress said happily.

And I’ll take a Truck Billy but please no hot pepper, and french fries too.

Got it! Anything else?

No pickles in the Giant Joe even on the side.” Chanyeol said while looking at a startled Baekhyun.

Alright! I’ll bring the drinks first.”

Chanyeol was smiling at Baekhun. “What? Why do you look at me like this?

No pickles, how did you know?

You don’t like cucumbers right? They randomly put pickles in their hamburgers and since it’s kinda the same family of vegetables...Well, I just want you to enjoy their delicious hamburgers.” Chanyeol tried to keep a neutral tone but was actually proud of himself.

So you really remembered? About the cucumbers I mean.” Baekhyun sounded really pleased.

Of course I did! I pay attention to everything you say to me.

Baekhyun was about to say something but was interrupted by the waitress.

And here come your drinks! So a Pepsi for you and a Seven up for you. Your food will be ready in 10 or 15 minutes!

Thank you.” Chanyeol said warmly to the blushing waitress who skated slowly to another table.

Does this happen to every restaurant you go to?” Baekhyun asked smirking.

W-what are you talking about?” Chanyeol was confused.

You know, the waitress either trying to seduce you or blushing because of you.

What?! Why are you saying that?

C’mon Chanyeol...don’t tell me you didn’t notice. The same thing happened at the Italian restaurant.

Well okay, Chanyeol noticed it most of the times. But he did not care, especially when he was in such a good company.

He sighed out of embarassment. “Well, it happens sometimes. I don’t always notice it and it’s not like I’m doing something to actually make it happen.” The tall boy opened his round eyes trying to show his honesty.

Your player aura is working by itself.” Baekhyun said with another smirk.

My player aura? What is that? Hahaha!His laugh.

I know what I’m saying. I’m pretty sure you can seduce anyone you want. Or you don’t even have to at some point, people just hit on you.Oh my god, why am I saying this to him? I should shut up.

Well, I won’t say it’s false but it’s not 100% true either. I mean yeah I may try to seduce someone if I like them and yes sometimes I get hit on. But who doesn’t? And I guess someone like you must not have too many seducing problems either so just don’t accuse me.” Chanyeol said pointing a finger at Baekhyun with a full winning smile. Oh Lord.

Someone like me?

Ah c’mon, don’t make me say it Baekhyun.
Could you please stop smiling like this the latter wanted to say.

Say what? I don’t get it.

You’re handsome Baekhyun. And you’re nice too so I guess you don’t have too many problems seducing people.” The student said seriously.

Baekhyun started blushing. Chanyeol was always saying compliments to him so easily. He knew he was not ugly and considered himself rather pretty but having someone saying those things to you so matter-of-factly could be intimidating.

I really should stop complimenting you since it lets you speechless everytime.” Chanyeol joked.

Ah, it’s just that I don’t know what to answer to that. I mean “thank you” would sound quite bold and “no” would be hypocritical so…

Chanyeol burst out laughing and Baekhyun followed him.

At the same time the waitress came back with their food and they started eating happily.
 

Baekhyun finished his plate to his own surprise. He was glad he came here with an empty stomach because the hamburgers were huge! And they were indeed really good.

Whoaaa I’m so full I don’t know how I will get up.” He said tapping lightly his full stomach.

Yeah they’re not messing around with the quantities. That’s what I love about this place!

Their desserts look good but I don’t think I’ll be able to eat something else right now. Ah, such a pity, I wanted to try their apple pie.” Baekhyun said poutting cutely.

Chanyol could not help himself but glance at his beautiful pink lips.

I guess I’ll have to take you back here then.” Chanyeol said with satisfied smile.

The waitress came to take their plates and Chanyeol asked for the bill.

It’s my treat this time!

Haha, I remember.
 

They were now walking side by side in the streets. Chanyeol said walking was good for digestion but Baekhyun just wanted to sit down and enjoy the fresh night breeze even if he did not say it out loud.

Suddenly Chanyeol stopped and asked Baekhyun to wait for him. He went into a little store with cute pastel decorations. He came back a few minutes later holding two bubble teas, one in each hand and two big straws in one of his pocket.

I’m sorry I didn’t ask you what flavors you wanted but I took the most simple one. So I hope you like milked black tea!

I do,  thank you Chanyeol. But you need any help? I can hold mine if you want.

No, I’m good. Just follow me.” Chanyeol flashed a smile and started walking.
 

They walked during 5 minutes and was now near to the Han River. The view was splendid.

There was a lot of people but they succeed to find a pretty nice spot in a not too crowded area.

They sat down on the ground and Chanyeol gave Baekhyun one of the bubble tea with a straw. They were now sipping their warm drinks looking at people, not saying a word.

Baekhyun was the first to break the silence.

Ah, it feels so good.

Your bubble tea?

No, I mean yeah but not only. Everything feels good. I feel at peace right now. I could stay here for hours.”

I’m glad you’re enjoying our night.

I really do, thank you Chanyeol.

They both turned their heads at the same time so now they were looking at each other. Chanyeol who formerly wanted to say how much he was enjoying the night too kept quiet. The mood was now changing again. It was like they were trying to communicate through their eyes.

But there was this uncertainty, just like after their dinner date.

Should I hold him, should I reach and kiss him? Chanyeol was thinking. Nothing was sure, Baekhyun had this little invisible wall around him and Chanyeol was aware of it. He didn’t want to scare the man or give him the wrong impression. Because of course, he wanted to kiss him but it could wait, he wanted to build something solid.

But the way Baekhyun was looking at him...What do you want Baekhyun? Just tell me and I’ll do whatever.

Chanyeol did not know how long they stayed like this, it could be seconds or minutes, he really had no idea. Suddenly, Baekhyun broke the eye contact and start moving. Chanyeol thought he was going to get up and was about to ask if something was wrong. But he was pleasantly surprised when the shorter man got closer to him and leaned his head on his shoulder without a word. Oh. Chanyeol lower his upper body so Baekhyun’s could be more at ease.

The heat coming from Baekhyun’s body was so pleasurable. The smell of his shampoo was invading Chanyeol’s nostrils. It was something sweet and spicy, he loved it. He wished he could bury his head in the other man’s hair.

Suddenly Chanyeol thought about Sehun’s question about hitting second base and started giggling because heck, him and Baekhyun had not even shared a proper kissed yet. Second base seemed pretty far for the moment but he did not mind actually.

What’s funny?” Baekhyun said with a soft but intrigued voice.

Ah nothing special, I was just thinking about something stupid my roommate said.

 
__________________________________________________
[A/N] Hello and welcome to the new subscribers! I hope everyone like the story ^_^
So yeah, Baekhyun is falling step by step who wouldn't tho. But will he be able to let it go...ah!
Ok so I know I said I would update 2 chapters this week-end but we're already sunday and I'm a bit busy today so I don't know if I'll be able to write a 2nd one today. But you will get one really soon anyway!
Don't hesistate to comment, it will be appreciated! Thank you all readers! ;)