Chapter 4

The Tokens Rule

The weather was chilly so they they had to get their coats back. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were now talking on Jongdae’s balcony, seated on a bench. Sipping the cherry liquor in his glass, Baekhyun thought everything was perfect right now. The weather, the view, the atmosphere and Chanyeol. Yes, Chanyeol was perfect. They had been talking for 2 hours now, but honestly it felt like only 10 minutes. He did not lie, the guy was really funny. They talked about various things, Baekhyun’s job, Chanyeol’s major, movies, music, and so on. Honestly, it was such a pleasure to talk with Chanyeol because they exchanged like they already knew each other, one subject leading to another one naturally.
 

Do you want another drink?” Chanyeol asked while getting up.

Oh, I had so much already...I don’t know if should take another one...” Baekhyun said while smiling cutely. He was starting to feel tipsy. But maybe it was more due to Chanyeol’s effect on him than the alcohol’s one.
Oh well, let’s go for another one. I’ve already drunk too much to be able to drive anyway. I really hope Yixing is sober by the way.” He laughed, emptied his glass and gave it to Chanyeol.

Another cherry liquor?” Chanyeol asked.

“Hmm, I don’t know. Surprise me!” Baekhyun answered still smiling and then he winked at the startled tall man.

Three minutes later, Chanyeol came back with two glasses in his hands. He gave one to Baekhyun. The liquid was orange with some red shades. Baekhyun smelled the contents and sipped a mouthful. It tasted good, it was very sweet and fruity.

Whoa, what is it?” He asked while looking at Chanyeol who was drinking the same thing.

A personal mix. Do you like it?” Chanyeol were looking back at Baekhyun, directly in his eyes. His head was spinning so fast right now. He was feeling so many things at the same time.

I really do! But what did you put in it? There are so many flavors, I can’t recognize them all.

There is pineapple juice, passion fruit liquor, grenadine syrup and the rest is a secret!” The tall man winked at his interlocutor playfully.

I hope you’re not trying to drug me.” Baekhyun said seductively.

Chanyeol laughed. “No, no, that’s not really my style. And it would be such a waste to have you unconscious when you’re so fun to talk to.

Oh thank you. I really enjoy talking with you as well. You’re quite a fun person too.

Quite?” Chanyeol asked while raising his eyebrows but with a huge smile on his face.

Yeah, quite. I will need to see more before giving you the full fun person title.” Baekhyun took another sip of his drink. Damn, it was really good.

Oh but I can show you more whenever you want. If you give me your number I can send you very funny jokes everyday.Really Park Chanyeol? This is all you got? He thought to himself.

Baekhyun laughed and blushed slightly. “I may give you my number but you really don’t have to  send me jokes everyday. And I can be a very harsh judge, if your jokes aren’t funny enough I will block your number.

Chanyeol was laughing too now. Baekhyun was really too much.

Okay okay, don’t worry I won’t spam you with my lame jokes. But I might send you things that will make you smile.” Chanyeol said with a daring look.

We’ll see that.
 

And then they exchanged their numbers. Chanyeol was so happy. How come he could be so lucky? Walking in the man he had been thinking of all week, talking with him and now having his number, everything in the same damn night. God bless Jongdae for throwing this party.

They were now both quiet, looking at the horizon, lost in their own thoughts.

Then Chanyeol started glancing at Baekhyun. His dark shiny hair, his perfectly eye-liner game, his little nose, his pink lips…
 

I can feel your eyes on me…” Baekhyun suddenly said surprising Chanyeol. .

Ah, I’m sorry…” Chanyeol started scraching the back of his head. Stop acting like a weirdo, you idiot.

Don’t be. I know I’m pretty.” Baekhyun said while smiling. He then turned his head to look at Chanyeol. The latter turned his head too so now they were looking at each other deeply. Chanyeol could hear his hearbeat increase. He was now oblivious of everything else around him. The only thing he could hear, see and sense was Baekhyun. If only he could approach him and kiss those inviting pink lips. But he refrained, it was too soon. And maybe Baekhyun would push him back. Everything was too perfect right now to kill the mood.

Baekhyun suddenly shivered, breaking the eye contact.

Oh you’re cold! You should have told me! Let’s go back inside.I don’t want you to catch a cold.” Chanyeol said affectionately.

I don’t know why I shivered, I’m not cold.” Baekhyun was not lying, he was not cold at all. He actually felt pretty warm inside thanks to the alcohol...and Chanyeol. But the latter was not convinced and was already standing up.

Let’s go dancing for a while! It will warm you up.

Okay let’s do this.” Baekhyun tried to get up but his legs failed him and he fell right back on the bench. He was a little bit more drunk that he thought.

Chanyeol immediatly hold his left arm. “Are you okay? Hahaha, I guess you really had too much to drink.” He joked.

Yeah, and it’s all your fault!” Baekhyun said right back. But he was not mad at all, he was even smiling. He tried to get up this time with Chanyeol’s help.

You’ll be able to walk? Hold on to me otherwise.” Chanyeol said still holding the other man’s arm.

You just want me touch you, admit it.

No, not at all!Well, just a little. He let go of the other’s arm.

Give me 5 seconds.” Baekhyun breathed in and out loudly a few times. “Alright, I’m okay, let’s sweat this alcohol out now!

And they walked side by side to the living room. Chanyeol made sure to stay close to Baekhyun in case he would fall.

Many people were now dancing. Most of them looked tipsy. The boys took off their jackets, threw them on a chair and joined the crowd. Then they started dancing to the lively music.

 

30 minutes later the boys were still on the dancefloor. The DJ had put some R&B songs so the tempo was slower. Chanyeol was now behind Baekhyun, his front to Baekhyun’s back. Body to body, they were jamming slowly to the music. Baekhyun felt so good, he could have stayed here all night. Chanyeol’s body felt right. His torso was firm but comfy. And Lord, he smelled so good. Baekhyun closed his eyes in delight.

Suddenly, he felt Chanyeol’s breath on his face. He opened his eyes just when the other man’s face was getting closer and then he felt the plump lips on his left cheek. It was a warm, soft kiss. Wow. That was unexpected and Baekhyun’s face turned into a deep pink.

Please don’t take it wrong but I couldn’t help myself.” Chanyeol whispered in Baekhyun’s left ear.

Baekhyun was radiating, his mind was on full speed and he could not think straight. He just mumbled an “It’s okay.”, smiled and closed his eyes again.

They kept rocking from left to right slowly during 2 other songs then Chanyeol pulled off without any notice. Baekhyun turned around totally startled.

What’s wrong?” He asked a little bit worried.

Nothing, really and that’s the problem.” Chanyeol was smiling shyly. “Everything was perfect. Way too perfect actually. So we’d better stop before I try to do something I might regret later.” He tried to said it as a joke but was a little embarrassed.

Ah, I see…” Baekhun smiled, his cheeks still pink.

They were now facing each other but looking at different directions. Then Chanyeol felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He took it out, it was an incoming call from Sehun. Chanyeol sighed and picked up.


Yeah?

Ch-Chanyeooool

Damn, let me guess you’re drunk as right now?

Shut the f-*hic*- up! Chanyeooooool, help me.

What the do you want?” Hearing Chanyeol swearing and being exasperated made Baekhyun giggled. Chanyeol looked at him and rolled his eyes while shaking his head. Sehun was annoying even from afar.

Chanyeol, I can’t find my keys. I’ve looked evy-evervy-everywhere!

You must be kidding me! You didn’t take them when you left?” Chanyeol could feel the annoyance turning into anger. This damn kid.

Yes I did! But now I can’t find them!

Did you look in all of your pockets? In your jeans and jacket’s ones?

Yes.

Did you bring a bag, have you looked in it?

No I don’t have a bag.

You’re ing annoying Sehun, I swear to God!

It’s not my fault! Please Chanyeol come back, I don’t feel good, I need to use the bathroom *hic*

I don’t ing care Sehun. Damn! You’ll have to wait anyway because the ride will take me at least 25 minutes. Where are you now?

I’m near our front door, sitting in the corridor .

Okay, don’t move. And please don’t throw up everywhere. I don’t want to have to deal with the neighbours’ complaints tomorrow.

Thank you Chanyeol but please hurry up *hic*

Don’t push me. I’m really mad at you right now. Anyway, hold everything in. I’ll be there soon.

Th-thank you Chany-” But the older man hung up on his drunk roommate.

Chanyeol sighed and rubbed his face.

Baekhyun who stayed next to him the whole time looked at him with a sad smile.

I guess you have to go?” He said.

Yeah, I’m sorry. My roommate is mad drunk and he lost his keys. So I need go back home before he starts redecorating the corridor.” Chanyeol was looking at Baekhyun with an apologetic gaze.

Oh I see! Yeah, you should hurry and not let him wait for too long then!

Screw him!” Chanyeol hissed.

C’mon, don’t be like this.” Baekhyun laughed.

I’m so mad, we were having such a great time! I really don’t wanna leave…

Don’t worry Chanyeol. I don’t want to you to leave either, but thinking about your poor roommate...Just go. But wait, you had a lot to drink too. You shouldn’t drive like this!” The shorter male scolded his new friend.

Aw, Baekhyun was so cute worrying about him Chanyeol thought.

I wouldn’t have drunk so much if I was driving, I’m not like you.” Chanyeol teased. “No seriously, I’m going to take a cab.

Alright. Well, good luck with your roommate! Have a good ride back!

Thank you! I hope you won’t get too bored without me.” Chanyeol winked but did not move. He really did not want to leave.

Huh...what are you waiting for? Your poor roomate is probably passing out on the floor.

Chanyeol sighed. He took Baekhyun’s hand in his and kissed it. Without letting it go, he looked into the young manager’s eyes. “I really can’t wait to see you again.”. And then he left.

Baekhyun looked at him while he was picking up his jacket and looking for Jongdae  to tell him he was leaving. The two men hugged tightly and Chanyeol was then out of sight.

 

Baekhyun crossed his arms, ducked his head and smiled at the ground. What a night! He really did not regret coming with Yixing. Speaking of Yixing, he started looking for his Chinese friend. He was still talking with people near the stairs but they seemed more relaxed, since they were laughing at loud with drinks in their hands.

Yixing spotted Baekhyun approaching him. He excused himself and went to his friend.

Ah, Baekhyun-ah! You finally reappear, you had a good night? I saw you with the tall guy!” He said with a huge smile.

Baekhyun blushed. “Yes, I had a really great night!

I can see that, haha! Your eyes are sparkling.

Ah please… What about you? Seems like you got along well with those guys!

Yeah we did! I have a few new visit cards in my pockets now. We’ll make great deals I’m sure about it!

Great! Oh, by the way, are you sober? I had a lot to drink and I don’t think I’ll be able to drive us back home.

Hahaha! You sure had a great night! It’s okay, I only had two drinks, and they were not strong.

Thank you. I’m glad I came here with you.

Of course you are… Now come, I will introduce you to these people.

 

Chanyeol was now in a cab on the way back home. He could not believe what happened tonight. It was like a fairytale. Mr.Byun was now Baekhyun, the same Baekhyun that he talked to, danced with and even kissed tonight. So bad it had to end...freaking Sehun. Thinking about Sehun, Chanyeol took out his phone and texted him.

 

To: Sehunnie
2:42 AM
U’re still alive ?

 

From: Sehunnie
2:43 AM
Yeah, kinda

 

To: Sehunnie
2:45 AM
I’m on my way. Will be there in less than 20 minutes. Hang in there .

 

From: Sehunnie
2:47 AM
You’ll find me on the ground. Thank you, Grandpa, I’m sorry.

 

Chanyeol hissed. Yeah, you’d better sorry little because I’m going to kill you tomorrow.