Chapter 8

The Tokens Rule

Chanyeol was back home from the date. He was now laying on his bed, listening to music while playing some random game on his phone. It suddenly vibrated and a pop-up appeared on the screen.

Got home safely. Thanks again for tonight tall man! ;)”

After the Han River stop (which finally lasted almost 2 hours), they called it a night. Since Chanyeol walked with Baekhyun to where he parked his car the latter insisted to drop him off.
When they arrived in front of his building, Chanyeol got out of the car quickly because he wanted to avoid any awkward goodbye situation even though deep inside he wanted to hug his date one last time. He asked Baekhyun to text him when he was home. The guy laughed and said he would try to remember. And then he left, letting an already sad Chanyeol to himself. Now that he got a text, the tall man was happy to have a little bit of Baekhyun again.

 

From; Park Chanyeol

To: Byun Baekhyun
01: 22 AM
Good to know! Now have some rest.
Saw you dozing off on my shoulder earlier ;)

 

From; Byun Baekhyun

To: Park Chanyeol
01: 23 AM
What?! I was not dozing off!

 

From; Park Chanyeol

To: Byun Baekhyun
01: 25 AM
If you say so…
I didn’t mind tho.
U can lean on me whenever you want ;)

 

From; Byun Baekhyun

To: Park Chanyeol
01: 27 AM
Guess I’m not the only one who needs to sleep…

 

From; Park Chanyeol

To: Byun Baekhyun
01: 30 AM
Aww… Touché ^^”
Sorry. Didn’t want to sound like a weirdo :(

 

From; Byun Baekhyun

To: Park Chanyeol
01: 32 AM
I was joking!
Thank you for always making me smile Chanyeol ^_^

 

From; Park Chanyeol

To: Byun Baekhyun
01: 33 AM
You’re more than welcome ;)
Guess I’m a fun person to be around...right?

 

From; Byun Baekhyun

To: Park Chanyeol
01: 35 AM
Hmm…yeah… :)
Well, I’m falling asleep for real.
Good night Chanyeol! ^_^

 

From; Park Chanyeol
To: Byun Baekhyun
01: 36 AM
Good night Baekhyun~

 

Chanyeol looked at this screen. He re-read the texts, brushed the screen and sighed.

He could feel that Baekhun was holding something in. Like he was afraid. He would always start to play a little and then brutally stop and shut himself when Chanyeol would say something too flirty.

Trust me Baekhyun, I don’t want to hurt you. Let it go and I’ll make you smile every single day, I promise.

 

Even though his whole mind and body were urging to get a piece of Baekhyun, Chanyeol refrained to call or text him the rest of the week-end. Moreover he had a lot of work to do, especially with his Wireless Network exam getting closer.

 

On monday morning, before leaving to his first class he decided to send a little gift to his little-more-than-a-crush.

He took a selca of him doing a cute V sign on his face while closing his eyes (you guys already know Chanyeol’ signature move right ? well click here with caution if you want tho).

He added the caption “It’s monday again, good luck for today! Rub this pic gently and you’ll be lucky during the next 7 days ;)”. And he send the whole thing to Baekhyun all proud of himself.

It was almost noon when his phone buzzed. It was the answer he had been silently waiting for.

 

From; Byun Baekhyun

To: Park Chanyeol
11:47 AM
It’d better be one of the best week in my life or I’ll ask for a refund.

 

Chanyeol smiled uncontrollably all day.

 

2 days later, Chanyeol finished his classes a little earlier than the usual and decided it was the perfect time to make someone else’s week brighter.

So after a first stop, he headed to the Georges & Hills bookstore in the middle of the city. He went to the 3rd floor that he remembered so well. He looked for the manager but of course he was not hanging out between the shelves.

He asked a random employee if he could see Mr.Byun, more confident than he was the last time he came. He gave an excuse about wanting to do an interview for his club newsletter. Five minutes later the employee came back saying his manager was waiting for him in his office. He led him to the door and left.

Chanyeol was giggling inside. He knocked at the closed door and heard a “Come in” in a familiar voice. He opened the door slowly and entered the room.

 

Good afternoon Mister Byun!” He said with a huge smile.

What the- Chanyeol what are you doing here?!” Baekhyun was totally startled but he managed to get up from his desk chair.

I expected warmer greetings.” The student said with a fake pout.

W-What?

Suddenly Chanyeol smiled again and opened his arms to show what he really wanted.

Since when do we greet each other like this? And oh my God Chanyeol I’m at my workplace we can’t do this here.

The door is closed and what are you afraid of? I’m just asking for a little hug, come here!

Baekhyun approached Chanyeol a little reluctantly. He wanted to hug him but what if someone walked in the room? This was wrong. But when he was close enough Chanyeol pulled him into his embrace and he momentarily forgot about everything else.

It was an innocent hug. Chanyeol was not holding him too tight or putting his hands at inappropriate places but it was enough to make Baekhyun’s head spin and his heart was racing up. Chanyeol was warm, smelled good and his body felt so comfortable.

But he pulled out quickly, too quickly Baekhyun thought.

I’m sorry for the interview lie but I needed an excuse to see you and that’s the first thing which came to my mind.

You’re crazy.” Baekhyun said half-joking.

Oh c’mon, I’m sure you’re happy to see me! So, how was the beginning of the week? Have you been lucky?

Hmm, to be honest I’m not really impressed. Nothing bad happened to me but nothing exciting either.” Baekhyun said while sitting on his desk and indicating Chanyeol to sit on the chair in front of him.

Oh really? That’s sad news. Did you rub the picture really gently?” Chanyeol said with a bold smile.

Baekhyun laughed and crossed his arms. “I’m not answering that!

Oh but it’s one of the most important part. If you don’t respect it, it won’t work. But well, let’s say you did rub the pic nicely and even kissed it and-

I didn’t kiss the picture!

Aaaah but I guess you rubbed it then. Thanks for answering!” Chanyeol‘smile was wide.
Baekhyun hit his shoulder and the taller man started laughing.

Did you come here to make me say that I rubbed your picture?

No, not only. I wanted to see you too.

Baekhyun blushed and turned his head to look at the wall . Here we go again, relax Baekhyun, I won’t eat you.

Chanyeol reached for his backpack, opened it and took out a small white box. He handed it to the man in front of him who started looking at him suspiciously.

Here!

What is it?

Open it and see by yourself.”

Baekhyun took the box, it was heavy and fresh. He opened it and saw a big piece of apple pie that he recognized immediately.

Oh, that’s a pie from the restaurant we went to last friday right?!

Yes sir! Freshly baked and all for you!

Whoa, thank you Chanyeol! I can’t believe you remembered I said I wanted to taste it!

I already told you I paid attention to everything you said.

Yeah, but still. Thank you!” Baekhyun was smiling a child.

Such a cutie.

I’m glad it makes you this happy!

I didn’t have time to eat dessert at lunch so your timing is really perfect.

Good! The luck picture is working I guess haha! Oh they gave me a plastic fork too, here.

Baekhyun took the fork and was about to take a bite but stopped to look at Chanyeol.

What about you? You don’t have something for yourself? Wanna share the pie?

Oh no, I’m good don’t worry! And seeing you smiling like this much makes me full already.

Baekhyun started blushing again. He didn’t answer and started eating. The pie was even beyond his expectations.

It’s sooooo good! Sure you don’t want a bite?

Chanyeol smiled warmly, shook his head and kept watching a very pleased Baekhyun.

What are you doing after work?” He asked suddenly.

Hmm, nothing special.

Why don’t we go to the movies? I’ll let you choose.

But I don’t know at what time exactly I will get off work.

It’s okay, I’ll wait.

But it could-

I’ll wait Baekhyun, it’s okay!” Chanyeol said while getting up. “I’ll let you work peacefully from now on. Text me when you’re about to leave. I will be in the area.

O-okay then.
Chanyeol opened the door and said quite loudly: “Thank you for receiving me Mister Byun. It was a pleasure talking with you. I will send you the newsletter when it’s out.” He winked seductively at Baekhyun and left, closing the door.

 

It was almost 8:30PM when Baekhyun joined Chanyeol in the movie theater hall.

Hey!” Chanyeol greeted him with a hug for the second time this day.

Hey! Sorry for making you wait this long. I had a few troubles with a delivery.” The shorter man said while enjoying the warm welcome.

No, don’t worry! I interrupted your work in the afternoon, I’m not going to blame you.” Chanyeol said letting go.

What did you do until now by the way?

Oh, windowshopping, I tried a few outfits, and finally went to a café I usually go to with Sehun. It’s not too far away. But, you’re still okay for the movie? You must be pretty tired with your long day.

I’m okay don’t worry! C’mon I’m a healthy young man.” Baekhyun said dramatically ruffling his hair.

Haha, alright healty young man, which movie do you wanna see?

A comedy!

Good! Let’s see what’s they have.

 

After buying their tickets, they were queuing to buy pop-corn. Chanyeol was behind Baekhyun and the sight of the shorter man’s back and hair made him daring. Without even thinking about what he was doing he backhugged the dark-haired man, putting his arms around his waist. He adjusted himself so his chin was laying on the top of the other’s head.

Since you paid for the tickets, I’ll pay for the pop-corn.

Baekhyun answered a very low okay. That’s all he could do right now.Chanyeol got him by surprise, and he was happy to not be facing him because he could feel the heat on this cheeks. His heart was beating so fast. He was pretty sure the other man could feel it but what could he do? This was so unexpected. Well, the whole day had been unexpected. Chanyeol coming to see him at work, Chanyeol bringing him food, Chanyeol hugging me. Honestly, he could get use to it very easily. He was not complaining at all.

Even though he was blushing madly or stayed speechless when Chanyeol was acting flirty, he was liking it more and more. And he actually had started to feel safer about this relationship thing. Yixing was right, he should let it go. Chanyeol seemed to be a nice guy. Quite a player, but he was really attentionate and never tried something too off-limits.

When it was their turn to order, Chanyeol let go so he could take the pop-corn and the drinks.

 

They installed themselves in the comfy seats.They were in the upper side, so they were only double seats.

They kept chatting until the ads started. The movie starts playing on the screen and Baekhyun was enjoying it.
Chanyeol was enjoying something else. He kept glancing at Baekhyun who was laughing and eating pop-corn. He was so beautiful.

Suddenly Baekhyun leaned to Chanyeol. “You should have told me if you didn’t want to see this movie.” He wispered.

What? Why?” Chanyeol asked quietly too.

You’re not really looking at the screen…
I’d rather look at you. You’re pretty distracting actually.

Baekhyun was about to hit Chanyeol’shoulder but the latter took the opportunity to hold his opponent’s hand in his. Their fingers were now interwined and their arms were laying on the armrest between them. But that was the only physical contact they had and at this point it was not enough for Baekhyun. He sighed, let got of his hand, pulled Chanyeol’s arm to make him lower his upper body and leaned his head on the latter’s shoulder. Then he adjusted his own arm so he could hold hands with Chanyeol again.

Chanyeol did not even know what the movie was about, he was just staring at the screen but his mind was far away. He started brushing his thumb on Baekhyun’s palm. Feeling both of their hands getting clammy.

After a few minutes he heard Baekhyun’s low voice again.

 

Chanyeol?

Hmm?

Kiss me.

 

He didn’t need to hear anything else. He released his trapped hand so he could hold Baekhyun’s head in place. He looked into his eyes, wanting to make sure he had the latter’s approval. Seeing no sign of rejection or hesitation, Chanyeol closed his eyes, and approached his lips slowly from the other man’s. He finally sealed the kiss, putting his lips on Baekhyun’s ones. They were soft, warm and had a light caramel taste. After a few seconds he started moving his lips really slowly and Baekhyun started doing the same. The kiss felt like heaven. They kept going and honestly Chanyeol could have stayed like this all night long. But he felt Baekhyun’s hands on his, taking them off his face. He was starting to pull away when he heard the dark-haired man whining.

Baekhyun put Chanyeol’s hands on his waist and circled the lattest’s neck with his own arms. He tilted his head lightly and started brushing the taller man’s lips lightly with the tip of his tongue. Undestanding the silent request, Chanyeol tilted his head in the opposite sens and opened his mouth slowly, letting Baekhyun entered it with his tongue. And they started kissing intensely, Chanyeol letting Baekhyun have the upper hand over the movements.

After a moment of pure bliss, they parted away to breath.

 

Wow…” Baekhyun muted to mesmerized Chanyeol.

Yeah…

I almost forgot we were in a theater.” Baekhyun was now all flushed, sparkles in his eyes.

I think I forgot right after the ads began.

Baekhyun giggled. He put his head back on Chanyeol’s shoulder and they stayed like this until the end of the movie. The latter would randomly kiss his hand,or his forehead throwing electricity in his body.

 

They exited the theater holding hands and walking silently in the streets.

 

Are you hungry? Wanna eat something ?” Chanyeol finally asked.

No I’m good. You?

Same.

Baekhyun was looking for something to say and asked the simplest question that came to his mind.

So did you like the movie?

Chanyeol laughed. “Seriously? I don’t even know what the plot was about. I can’t even remember the name of one single character. But you, did you like it?

I liked the part that I was able to watch yeah. I guess I’ll wait for the DVD or something to know the end.” Baekhyun laughed lightly and blushed for the umpteenth time this night.

 

They kept blabbering until they reached Baekhyun’s car. Once again, he offered Chanyeol to drop him off.

When they reached Chanyeol’s building this time, the latter did not get out the car immediatly.

Well, I had a really great night. Thank you for dropping me off.” He said looking intensely into Baekhyun’s eyes.

None of them where moving, they were just staring at each other and smiling. Who was going to make the first move? It was like they were testing each other. Their eyes exchanging some “Do it”, “No, you do it” hidden messages.

Finally, Chanyeol giggled, lifted his right arm and put his hand on the handle.

Alright then, goodnight Baekhyun!” He said with a board grin on his face. He got off the car, closed the car door and waved at the driver who was looking at him with a “How dare you?” expression on his face.

Chanyeol stayed near the car crossed his arms, tilted his head, smirked and watched Baekhyun who seemed to be poundering about something.

After maybe 5 seconds, Baekhyun got off the car too, and walked towards Chanyeol.

Park Chanyeol, you’re an idiot, you know that?!

Wha-

But before he could finish his question, Baekhyun pulled his t-shirt, threw his hands around his neck and kissed him.

You were really gonna leave like this?” The shorter mouthed on the other’s man lips.

Chanyeol did not answer and pulled Baekhyun closer by putting his hands on the other’s waist.

They kissed passionately for a few seconds then Baekhyun stopped, sighed and said it was time for him to go.

Chanyeol released him and watched him getting back in his car.

He took off his phone and showed him to Baekhyun to make him understand to not forget to text him to tell when he was home. The latter smiled, nodded and started the car. Chanyeol waved at him before he left.

 

Damn.” The tall man told to himself.

On the road, a driving dark-haired man was thinking the same.

 

________________________________________________

[A/N] Hi guys! First I wanna thank all the new subscribers!! Please everyone enjoy the story and don't hesitate to comment!
Anndddd, we got the repackage album!!!! \o/ 
I didn't have a crush on Love Me Right but it's growing on me progressively. I'm totally here for Promise though, thank you Lay, Chen and Chanyeol! ♥
Anyway, next chapter pretty soon ;)