Chapter 14

The Tokens Rule

A new week had started and Chanyeol hoped this one would be blessed by a sign of the one he was waiting to hear so badly.

Unfortunately, the lack of answer had made a bigger part of him think that the beautiful dark-haired man was not interested anymore. Had he ever been in the first place?

Honestly, it hurt.

He poured his feelings out, damn it, he had feelings and here he was, waiting probably for nothing. He did not even know what was worse, thinking that Baekhyun may not want to be with him or the fact that he did not even bother to tell it to Chanyeol. At this point even a text would have made it. Maybe they could at least stay friends. The tall student did not want to let go, it would have been awkward in the beginning but now that Baekhyun had entered his life he just could not imagine to act like they never met.

But the optimistic person that was Chanyeol was also praying that Baekhyun was simply making his mind up. And he could understand that. With all that bastard ex-boyfriend thing, he needed time to reflect but could he at least tell Chanyeol that he needed time? Did he have to play dead like this?

The greyish-haired guy sighed out of frustration. He was weirdly glad to have papers and exams to prepare so it could keep his mind busy. He decided to bury himself into work so he would not have to feel the pain.


 

Baekhyun was trying to act like he was handling the situation well but he was actually suffering a lot. He felt bad for multiple reasons. He knew he was the one to blame over the quite ridiculous situation. All it would take to settle everything was to call Chanyeol and tell him… tell him what? That was actually the backbone of the problem. Baekhyun did not know. He did not even know what he did not know. He just could not take any decision because which decision was needed in the first place?

He remembered his best friend’s words on the phone the other time “you like him”. Did he? He did not want to know actually. Or to be precise, he did not want to admit the thing. Because deep down he aleady knew and that was why he was freaking out. He had managed to control his life pretty well since his last break-up, and having feelings meant to lose control over almost everything. And he could not let this happen.

What if Chanyeol was just playing with him? What if he gets bored? What if he starts cheating out of boredom? But what if he was sincere? What if they could build a serious relationship? What if Baekhyun was spoiling something great? What if this? What if that? Argh, this was too much and that was why he could not take a freaking decision.

He knew that a few miles away Chanyeol was probably suffering too or even thinking that he was not interested. And something suddenly came to his mind. He knew he was the one who was supposed to give an answer but why did quite clingy Chanyeol had not make the first step like he had usually done? It was normal he stayed silent during the first days, but honestly some parts of Baekhyun had been hoping that the tall and always smiling guy would try to get in touch after a few days. Was he really waiting? Or did he think Baekhyun was not interested anymore and just moved on? That would be offending...and painful.

And with all this back and forth, Baekhyun let a few days went by again, getting texts from Yixing from times to times reminding him to “make a decision because the lack of it was actually starting to look like an really rude off my life”.

 

On the Thursday of this week which seemed to have no end, Baekhyun was trying his best to do his work when someone knocked at his office’s door. He shouted a bored “Yeah, come in”. One of his employee opened the door and sneaked her head in to let him know that someone was asking to see him personally.

Who is it?” Baekhyun said with a frown.

Huh, I don’t know. It’s a customer. He was quite insistent, I didn’t even get to ask his name I’m sorry.” The employee answered apologetically. “He is tall and cute if I may say.” She said with a shy yet encouraging smile.

Baekhyun’s heart started beating faster. Could it be him? Well, who else could it be anyway? He was not prepared. He had to fix his look first. Oh God, and what should he say? How could he explain this long silence? Baekhyun looked all flustered and lost.

Mister Byun, a-are you okay?” The employee asked obviously confused by her boss’panicked expression.

Yeah, go tell him I’ll be here in a minute please.” The manager said getting up and fixing his hair quickly.

The employee threw a very confused glance before leaving with an “okay”.

Baekhyun reached for the mirror he was keeping in one of his desk’s drawer and looked at himself. Not that bad. He checked his breath, breathe deeply twice and cheered himself up. You can do it Baek. Of course Chanyeol would finally make the first move. Of course he would come to see him at his work like he had already done more than once.

Baekhyun giggled. Finally the awkward situation would come to an end. He got out of his office trying to quickly make up what he would say while walking towards the shelves.

His employee was waiting for him and showed him the waiting customer who was... not Chanyeol.

Disappointment. Everything was a disappointement. Baekhyun tried to focus on what the customer was telling him but his brain was not cooperating. The man was indeed tall and cute but he was not Chanyeol so it did not matter. Nothing mattered.

The dark-haired manager answered the customer’s questions the best he could and went back to his office, head low and sighing. He locked his door and let himself fall on his desk chair. He closed his eyes and put his head in his hands. All this fluster for nothing, that was embarrasing. But it made him realize how much he was missing Chanyeol. He was missing him badly. From his cute impromptu texts to their never-ending late night calls or being in Chanyeol’s arms and kissing him...Ah yes, the kisses, damn, Chanyeol knew how to work those lips. And his laugh, his stupid yet addicting laugh.

At this exact moment, Baekhyun’s hesitation was almost fully gone just like his fears. Everything seemed clear. Kinda. He would brace himself and put an end to the wait.

But he wanted to do things right so he wanted to take some time -yeah again- to prepare his little speech. He wanted to talk to Chanyeol with a clear mind and explain him everything. Wait for me a little more Chanyeol, I’m coming for you.

 

When Baekhyun went back home this night he was feeling lighter. He ate dinner and texted Yixing to tell him his intention. His best friend answered him almost immediatly.

From; Yixiiing

09:13 PM
Aaaah finally! Don’t wait too much to do it!

Call me when it’s done, I want to know everything.

Well almost…

Fighting Baekie \o/

 

Baekhyun thanked him and went to take a long and well-deserved shower. When he stepped out of the bathroom still wet with a towel around his waist he heard his ringtone coming from the living-room. It was past 10 PM, no one never called him this late except two people. The first one was Yixing but they had already talked and the second one was...ohmygod. Baekhyun run to the other room trying to not slip on the floor. He grabbed his phone without properly looking at the screen and picked up.

Hello?” He said a little breathless.

Baekhyun? Are you okay?” The female voice came out concerned.

Mom?!” Disappointment again. Sorry Mom, I still love you.

Yes. Why are you so surprised? Didn’t you see my name on the screen? You deleted my number?” The woman joked.

N-no. I picked up without really checking the screen, I was in the shower.

Oh okay! Well yeah, it’s me! Sorry for calling you this late but I wanted to make sure you hadn’t forgotten about this week-end. You’re still coming, right? You usually call to confirm and since I didn’t hear from you all week…

Baekhyun’s mind freezed. What the hell his mom was talking about? He quickly looked at the calendar on his wall and damn how could he have forgetten? The store was closed this Saturday for inventory and he had taken the next monday off so he could enjoy a long week-end at this parents’. Damn, his mind must have been really busy with something else for him to forget something this important. He started feeling remorseful, he was ing up a lot of things lately.

Huh, hello? Baekhyun you’re still here?” His mom asked still with a very concerned tone.

Y-yes, yes. Sorry Mom, I’ve been quite busy lately. I’ve got a few things mixed up.

I can see that. But you’re still coming right? You’d better not cancel on us at the last minute. Your father wants to try his new barbecue grill so bad. And I miss you too. I want to make sure you’re eating well.

Baekhyun smiled, his mother was so caring, truly the best woman on Earth.

Of course I’m still coming! Sorry for not confirming. But you’ll see me at the door tomorrow night. I’ll come straight after work.

Aaaah, I’m relieved! Can’t wait to see my honey baby!

Mooooom…

What? Oh c’mon. You’ll forever be my little honey Baek-baby you know that!

Yeah but please stop saying it out loud. I’m a grown man now.” Baekhyun complained even though he actually loved being called like this, but only by the one who put him on Earth.

I know, alright alright. Well, it’s late, you should go to sleep since you’ll have a 2-hour-long drive after your full day of work tomorrow. Text me when you’re leaving the bookstore okay?

Alright Mom! Well, see you tomorrow then. Good night!

Good night my Baekie.

 

Baekhyun put his phone back on the table. He could not believe he had forgotten he was supposed to go to his hometown this week-end.

He packed his things before crawling into his bed. He could not wait to be pampered for like 3 full days.

 

Between the preparation of the inventory and the usual daily tasks, this friday had been hectic. Baekhyun had run between the shelves and his office all day. But finally everything was ready and hopefully the team in charge of the inventory would have no trouble to make their job right. It was now time to leave so Baekhyun texted his mother to inform her as she asked the day before. He shut down his computer and left.

The ride to his hometown was a little longer than the usual because of the friday night traffic but it did not bother the manager who was singing along to his favourite songs.

When he pulled off in front of the house he grew up in, he was welcomed by his mother who hugged him tightly.

Aaah, my son! Look at you looking all exhausted! Don’t you worry about nothing for the next 3 days. I just want you to rest and eat.

I think I can do that.” Baekhyun smiled. This was exactly what he needed actually.

 

After a yummy and very copious dinner, and an oh-so-relaxing hot bath, Baekhyun headed to his old bedroom. Nothing had changed, his mother kept it clean but did not change or throw out anything. He felt so at peace right now.

He laid down on his trusty old bed and closed his eyes, his hands instinctively looking for his phone but failing to find it. Thinking about it, he had not seen the device since a moment. He started looking in his bag, in his pants pockets but nothing. He went back in the living-room and the kitchen, still nothing. He looked back into his car but still no device. He called his number using the landline phone, there was the tone but he could not hear his ringtone or the sound of the buzzer anywhere. He tried to remember the last time he saw it. Before leaving his office he texted his mother, put down the phone on his desk, shut down his computer and left. So...yeah...he had left the phone on his desk. . Good job, Byun Baekhyun. He wanted to facepalm himself. At least he knew it was safe since he had locked his personal office’s door before leaving. The phone would probably run out of battery during the night but it was not like he was expecting any important call this week-end anyway. Yixing knew he was at his parents’ house so he could still call him there if he needed to.

And by putting things into perspective maybe not having his phone with him was the best way to relax totally and you know, reflect calmly on some issues and make actual decisions.


 

It was Saturday night and Chanyeol was tired. 3 papers and 2 exams had got the best of him this week. He was exhausted and there was still 2 exams waiting for him on the next week. So he had to it in and keep studying. Wow, such a nice plan for a week-end.

But just like he wanted, all this work had distracted him enough to make him stop thinking about Baekhyun...well not totally less often. The shorter man would still pop out in his mind without any notice and make Chanyeol’s stomach twist in pain. Two ing weeks, half a month, and nothing. His hopes had gotten smaller by each day passing by. And it hurt. Baekhyun did not even have the decency to at least let him know he did not want them to go further. And you said you cared for me, Chanyeol whispered.

The student was playing with his phone, making it flip in the air, lost in his thoughts. Sehun had been telling him to “call Baekhyun and stop whining over nothing and act like he had balls” all week. Chanyeol started considering it, it was not like he had something to lose anymore. And it had always been him who was calling/texting first anyway.

He needed to know, to hear Baekhyun say clearly that he was through with him so he could suffer one last time and move on. Or maybe Baekhyun was actually waiting for him to call, maybe he could try to convince the sightly older man one last time. Maybe he was still hesitating and there was still a chance.

Tss, stop daydreaming Park Chanyeol he tought. He sighed, brushed the screen, looked for “Baek”’s number and press dial. Let’s do this.

But without even a tone, he immediatly heard an emotionless voice : “Your call has automatically been redirected to this voic-”.

Chanyeol did not even bother hearing the rest, he hung up, throw the phone on his bed and did the same with his body.

Being immediately redirected on the voicemail meant two things, either Baekhyun’s phone was shut down, either the latter had blocked Chanyeol’s number. Please don’t be the second option.

But the first option was not that better, now things were going to be even more awkward because if Baekhyun’s phone was just shut down, he would get a notification about a missing call with no voice message when he would switch it back on. And whaf if he did not call back? Chanyeol was not ready to feel the shame and sadness of not being called back. He should not have called in the first place. This was his punition for being greedy. And now he would only wait even more because it was sure that at any moment Baekhyun will switch his phone on. The tall man closed his eyes hoping he could just disappear right now.



 

It was already Tuesday morning, damn time went by so fast. A  stress-free Baekhyun was heading to his workplace. Those few days with his parents had felt like Heaven. He really had a great time and he thought not having his phone was actually one of the main reason of his successful “chill only” week-end.

When he arrived in his office, his phone was waiting for him on his desk. Of course it was shut down, the battery was totally empty. He plugged it and switched it on knowing it will be receiving notifications non stop for at least 15 minutes with all the e-mails and apps notifications he had missed in 3 days. So  he started catching up with the work that had piled up due to his day off on Monday.

Meetings, calls, orders and problems encountered during the inventory rythmed Baekhyun’s first part of the day. Wow, goodbye stress-free state. It was already 1:30PM when he was able to take his lunch pause. He was starving.

He reached for this phone that he had not been able to check since he had plugged it. Of course they were tons of notifications. Many of them were useless though, ads, ads everywhere. Yixing had send him pictures of the tower cake he had made during his cooking class, it looked tasty. His mom had send him a “Good luck for your back-to-work”, making him roll his eyes. There was also a text message from his voicemail, “This number tried to reach you without leaving a message.” At first he thought it was from when he had tried to call his own phone with his parents’ landline phone but the number indicated in the text was a mobile phone one.

He knew this number...it was Chanyeol’s number! OH-MY-GOD.

He checked just to make sure, and he was right. Daaaamn. Was the God of timing against them? After more that 2 weeks of longing and a 3rd one ongoing, he had missed the call he had been waiting for and for a stupid reason. Wow.

The call was missed on last Saturday...now it was Tuesday. Chanyeol must had been thinking Baekhyun did not care anymore, that was bad.

He wrote an apology text, emphasizing the fact that he was REALLY sorry for being silent for so long and that they had a lot to talk about and that he hoped that Chanyeol was not mad at him and that he could call him back whenever he wanted. When he was about to press “send”, someone knocked at the door and entered without waiting for an answer.

Baekhyun I’m sorry but we have a huge problem with a delivery and we need your help right now.” One of his fellow managers said looking truly desperate.

He immediatly followed his co-worker, not realizing he did not actually have sent the text.

 

Baekhyun came back to his apartement totally exhausted. He should make sure to never take a day off right after an inventory. All the problems detected on the Saturday just went worst on the Monday, waiting to fall down on him on the Tuesday. Ugh, never again. It was past 10 PM and he had just come back. He was lying on his couch, trying to find the courage to go take a shower and sleep.

He checked his phone and no answer from Chanyeol, of course. He made him wait 2 weeks and a half, it was only fair the tall boy was making him have a taste of his own medicine.

 

That would have been true if the said tall boy had received the text in the first place. But Baekhyun was not aware of this parameter.




 

Chanyeol was devastated. It was Wednesday and now it was more than obvious that Baekhyun did not want to see or even talk to him. He really regretted his tentative of call on the previous Saturday.

He was eating his cereals, lost in his toughts, when Sehun stopped his reverie.

Can’t wait to be today at 5PM, those last days have felt like hell.” He whined.

You bet Sehun.

Yeah.” The older whispered. It felt like hell but not totally for the same reasons.

 

Sehun was complaining because they all had a lot of exams those last days despite not having the same major. They had been studying their asses off for 10 days and that was way too much for him. He loved his major but having to turn in papers, attend classes and exams almost everyday was a no.

But he knew that on the top of that, his roommate had to deal with an heartbreak. He wanted to cheer him up because he had never really seen Chanyeol in this state before and it was starting to get really painful to watch.

 

Yeol, at what time is your last exam today?

From 4:30 to 6PM. Why?

Perfect. I hope you didn’t plan anything after that because we’re throwing a party tonight.” Sehun saidthat  like it was the most evident thing in the world.

We? What?” Confusion was all-over Chanyeol’s face.

We’ve been working so much lately. Everybody’s finishing their exams today, we should celebrate!” Sehun said while reaching for his phone to send a mass text to all of their fellow students friends.

Ugh, Sehun I don’t know if I wan-

Shut up! I’m not going to let you drown in sorrow like this. Don’t worry about nothing, do well today, I’m taking care of everything for tonight.” The younger boy said typing frenetically on his phone which was now buzzing non-stop.

 

Maybe Sehun was right, maybe he needed some distraction. Despite his suffering heart and mind, he had made sure to keep studying diligently but he had reached his limits.

Thinking about it, the last time he went to a party was actually what led him to this situation. He shrugged it off. Keep your head up Park Chanyeol. He resumed his eating and focused his mind on his tasks of the day.



 

It was 6PM, Baekhyun was sitting at his desk, stretching himself after another day full of mishaps. He checked his phone for maybe the 30th time today but still no reply from Mister Giant. Was the text not clear or apologetic enough? Baekhyun did not even remember what he had actually written. He opened the discussion to re-read the text only to discover that it had never been actually sent. Oh. The dark-haired man felt beyond stupid at this exact moment.

Not only he had been waiting for nothing but Chanyeol must had really felt abandonned.

What the was this situation. Baekhyun laughed out of frustration. It was ri-di-cu-lous.

He deleted the unsent text, he could not trust technology on this one. Tonight he would go to talk to Chanyeol personnally. Enough hide-and-seek, they had wasted too much time, mainly because of himself.


 

It was only 9PM, but Chanyeol was already feeling drunk. Good. Because that was his only goal for tonight. Drink into oblivion, drink to forget how ty he was feeling, drink to numb the lingering pain in his chest.

Sehun was right, it was great to have friends over with music and alcohol and stuff. Not that Chanyeol was feeling great, but it was distracting and was better that his initial plan for the night which consisted of sulking alone in his room.

There were already like 30 people maybe, divided in small groups either chatting or dancing. Everybody had a drink in their hands and the atmosphere was really nice. Everyone was happy to be able to let some steam off .

Chanyeol was sitting on the couch, surrounded by some of his friends, sipping on his mint vodka and listening, or trying at least, to all the blabbering around him.

Yeol, you’re pretty quiet tonight. What’s wrong?” One of his friends asked, deporting the attention of all of the group on him. Oh no.

Hmm nothing, just a bit tired.” The tall boy tried to say as casually as he could.

You look more desperate than tired.” The friend replied half-jokingly. “Missing your date? Is he coming tonight by the way? You need to show him off, he’s cute.

Oh hell no.

Chanyeol was trying to find an answer, all eyes were on him. Only a part of them had already seen Baekhyun and he hoped that no one would talk about the man responsible of his current dark state. How stupid of him.

Oh he...No...Actually…” He started hesitantly but was “saved” by the arrival of a very pretty chestnut-haired girl.

No kidding, Park Chanyeol is dating someone right now?” She said walking directly towards the couch and sitting beside Chanyeol. People automatically shifting to make room for her because it was Hanna after all.

Hanna, the only person who had succeed to tie Chanyeol for 8 long months, a record so far. It did not work out but rumors had been saying they kept seeing each other from times to times for you know...bootycall stuff.

She smiled at a disoriented Chanyeol and raised an eyebrow, waiting for an answer.

N-no, I’m not dating anyone.” He finally said. The pain he had been trying to forget hitting him right in the chest. Damn.

Really? But what about that Baekhyun guy you brought at the club last time? You guys seemed to be dating.” His friend insisted. , could he not just let go? Chanyeol did not need to be reminded about this night and all the mess that followed. He wanted to close his eyes and disappear.

Maybe but we’re not so there’s nothing more to say about it.” He said quite coldly.

Everyone felt the tension and things were getting awkward.

Hanna squeezed Chanyeol’s knee and whispered a “Don’t worry.”, then she clapped her hands to get everyone’s attention and let out a cheering “Time for a drinking game!”.

 

30 minutes later, Chanyeol was a mess. He was fully drunk, his head was spinning and he could barely keep his eyes open. Plus, he was feeling more and more uncomfortable, first because talking about Baekhyun had just revived the pain and second because Hanna was clinging to him way too much. He had noticed how she would take any occasion to touch him everywhere and he was really not in the mood for that.

Sipping a last shot of tequila, he got up, totally unstable and said to his surprised friends “Sorry guys, tough week, I can’t stay up any longer. Thanks for coming though, really keep enjoying yourselves, just don’t break anything.”. He made a peace sign and he walked to his room holding his head. No one talked but there was an eloquent silence because what the was wrong with Chanyeol?

Sehun, who saw the scene from afar and catched Chanyeol before he entered his room.

Yeol, you okay?

Not really, but that’s fine. I’m just tired. Thank you Hunnie for tonight, sorry for not being on my full positive mode. I just need some sleep.

Sehun hugged him. Poor Chanyeol, he was really suffering. “It’s okay Grandpa, go and have some rest.”

Chanyeol entered his room, closed the door, leaned on it and sighed. He closed his eyes trying to stop the spinning sensation but it did not help. Plus, he was feeling hot so he took off his t-shirt and let himself fall on his cold bed. 3 minutes later he was a goner, snoring slightly, all the pain forgotten for a while hopefully.

He was deeply asleep, so he did not hear Hanna sneak in his room. He did not feel her ruffle his hair and sit on the bed. He did not hear when she said “My poor Yeollie, you seem to be in pain but don’t worry, I’ll take care of you.”. He did not feel when she moved his asleep body so now his torso was resting on her extended legs, his head located on her thighs.

She started caressing his back lightly by brushing the tip of her fingers on his skin. The teasing touch made his body shift by reflex and he moved his arms to get himself more comfortable maybe thinking he was holding to his pillow when in reality it was the girl’s waist.

Hanna looked at the boy and smiled. “Sleep well baby.” she whispered.

 

At the same time, an hesitant Baekhyun was pulling off in Chanyeol’s residence parking lot . He came here straight after work, resolute to give the tall student the long-awaited answer. He was scared but he liked Chanyeol and he was ready to give it a try. Well, they had already given it a try multiple times but he was ready to go on the official boyfriends thing. It was time for him to start trusting people again. Chanyeol had been honest and seemed to be really willing to make things right so why not? It had taken him some times to figure it out but it was needed. Now he would apologize, talk to the tall man and just enjoy everything.

He composed himself and got off the car. The area seemed pretty more animated compared to the few times he had already come.

He could hear the echo of music coming from the building and there were people smoking outside near the entrance. By the time he reached the building, two of the people smoking had finished their cigarettes and pushed the building’s front door which had been let open with a can of beer.

Baekhyun sighed in relief, he would not have to endure the awkward situation to announce himself at the intercom. He was walking behind the two guys and got in the elevator with them, they were going to the same floor apparently.

Man, Sehun was so faced when we went downstairs I’m wondering if he’ll be still alive when we come back.” One of the guy said, making Baekhyun jumped in surprise.

The other one laughed. “Well at least we got to see him. Where the Yeol has been?

No idea.” The former shrugged.

 

Ding. The elevator’s doors opened, the 2 guys got out but Baekhyun stayed behind. They seemed to be having a party, he did not feel like showing up with all his sentimental stuff in front of other people. Plus Chanyeol was probably drunk so there was no point to talk to him right now. Thinking of which, Baekhyun felt a little hurt to think that Chanyeol was having a party at his house right now because a big part of him had imagined the tall guy just being sad and waiting for an answer. But he guessed that maybe he was the only one who had made a big deal of the situation. If only Baekhyun knew…

The elevator’s doors were slowly closing, cutting up his reverie. He was already here, might at least say hello. He pushed the button to open the doors and got out of the booth.

He walked in the corridor, the music getting louder with each step he made. The door was closed but not locked so he just entered the appartment.

He was not really surprised to see the different scenes happening in the living room. People drinking, people chatting, people making out, people dancing. Typical student party.

He looked for a familiar face but could not find any. No Chanyeol and no Sehun to be seen. He tried to see if he could find one of the guys he met at the club, he saw one of them but he was “busy” with a girl on his lap, kissing her loudly. Should find someone else.

He scanned the room but the subdued lights were not helping him. He walked to approach a group of boys and girls talking about some rumor about a professor having an affair with a student when he heard a “Baekhyun?”.

His heart skipped a bit. He turned around to see another Chanyeol’s-friend-that-he-met-at-the-club, what was his name again?

He just answered with a “Hey, hi!

Wassup man? I’m glad to see you! I didn’t know you were coming, I asked Yeol about you but he acted all strange.” The friend said smiling weirdly. He was far from being sober.

I wasn’t supposed to come. I mean, I didn’t know there was a party.” Baekhyun let out, not wanting to go further because that was way too complicated to explain.

I guess you’re looking for the tall idiot? Well, he disappeared in his room a while ago. He’d been acting weird all night. Are you guys okay?

Y-yeah. Kinda.” Baekhyun answered with an awkward laugh. Oh boy, why did he come here?

Hmm I see. Well, go find him then, I think he’ll be happy to see you.

I hope so, I really hope so.

Thanks, erm…” Damn, Baekhyun could really not remember his name. “Have you seen Sehun?” He snapped suddenly.

Nope sorry. This er disappeared too but no one knows where he’s been. Could be throwing up somewhere or getting laid in a car. You never know with this freaking kid.” The guy said shaking his head.

Okay thanks! Well, see you later!

The guy nodded his head.

 

Baekhyun walked to Chanyeol’s bedroom. The one he had been waiting into when Chanyeol was getting their romantic dinner ready. Baekhyun smiled thinking about it, he had such a great time and even left with some gifts. He would make sure to offer something to Chanyeol for their next date, also it would be a form of apology for making him wait so long.

Baekhyun breathed strongly. You can do it.

He knocked at the door but did not get any answer. Well with the music it was pretty unlikely that Chanyeol had actually heard any sound. So he just opened the door, entered the room and regretted it immediatly.

He did not know what he was exactly expecting to see in the room but none of what he was actually seing was on the list.

Chanyeol who was half-, at least, was sleeping and holding a light-brown-haired girl who was dozing off too. She had a hand in his hair and the other one was caressing his back slowly. Baekhyun’s vision blurred at the shock. This could not be real. So this was why Chanyeol succeed to stay silent so long? He had already replaced him? Who was this girl? Maybe he had always been with her all along too?

So many questions crashed in Baekhyun’s mind along with what he feared the most. The situation was too close of something he had already been into.

He was so hurt that he could not proceed to say something or even move. He was just staring at the scene. The door was slightly open so the noise coming from the living room cut the girl’s sleep. She shifted and opened her eyes slowly, her gaze falling on Baekhyun.

What the-What are you doing here?” She asked with a half-sleepy and half-surprised voice.

Baekhyun just kept staring, anger and sadness bringing tears into his eyes.

Close the door, Yeollie is sleeping. And why are you looking at us? Do you need something? Are you drunk? Who are you?” She was speaking quietly but Baekhyun could sense the annoyance in her tone.

I should be the one asking the questions here he thought.

He looked at Chanyeol who was snoring, lost in his sleep. His arms squeezing the girl’s waist while he adjusted his head position on her tighs. He looked so peaceful and at ease here. She ruffled his hair really softly and whispered a soothing “shhh”. The scene was really intimate and wow, they must have been together for a long time to send this kind of vibe.

Baekhyun felt like a thousand knives were entering his body. At this point he did not even want to ask for an explaination. Things were clear and honestly the less he would know about it,the better it would be.

Okay weirdo, you’re scaring me. Could you get out of the ro-

But Baekhyun did not let her finish. He stormed out of the room, he wanted to slam the door but had a last nice thought for sleeping Chanyeol and most of all he did not want to bring the attention on him.

He got out the appartment, almost runned to his car and drove back to his own flat.

He put the music really loud in his car and forced himself to sing along to it repeating the same sentence in his mind. Don’t cry Baekhyun, don’t cry.

 

_______________________________________________________________________

[A/N] I did it, it took me two full nights but I did it T___T
And yeah, that is some stupid ed-up situation...Blame it on the wrong timing I guess?

Anyway, omg so many new subscribers!!! Welcome and thank you everyone!! I hope you'll like this little story!
I guess you guys come from the baekyeol-fanfics tumblr?
I'm so happy so see the notifications!*^* Please don't hesitate to comment, I really appreciate it!

Thank you everyone for all the previous comments by the way! It's really touching to see that you like the story!
Have a nice day~