Chapter 6

The Tokens Rule

Time went by so fast. It was already wednesday night and Baekhyun and Yixing were at the airport.
 

Do you really have to go Yix?” Baekhyun said with a poutting face.

Ah, I wish I could stay longer too Baekie !” Yixing said hugging his friend.

I won’t let go so you’ll miss your plane and stay with me.” The shorter man said while hugging back and tightening his grip as much as he can.

Lay laughed. “Aww Baek, you know I would if I could. But I’m very busy with work, just like you! Don’t worry, we’ll try to see each other as sooner as possible. Why don’t you come to China next time you have a few days off by the way?

Yeah let’s do this.” Baekhyun said no letting go.

Deal! Now, Baekhyun...I gotta go…

No.

Baekhyun c’mon.” Yixing said while ruffling his friend’ shiny black hair but not trying to actually leave.

Baekhyun sighed and finally let go. “I’ll miss you! Have a good flight and text me when you’re home.

It will be pretty late, you’ll probably be already sleeping.

I don’t mind.

Alright then, goodbye my Baekie! Be safe and take care of yourself!” Yixing ruffled his friend’s hair one last time.

Yeah don’t worry! Goodbye!” Baekhyun smiled and waved at his best friend until he was out of sight.

 

Then he walked back to his car and drove peacefully to his apartment.

 

His home felt empty now with no one to joke around with. Yixing had been there only for 5 days but it was enough to feel like he had never left at all.

Baekhyun and him met in junior high, Yixing came from China with his family following his father’s tranfer. They were neighbours but did not attend the same school during Yixing’s first two years. He went to an international school since he could not speak Korean fluently. Baekhyun helped him a lot almost every afternoons when they were hanging out together. That’s how they got closer. Finally in high school Yixing’s Korean was good enough for him to go to a regular school but he was asked to step down for a year. So despite being 1 year older he attended the same classes as Baekhyun. He started college in South Korea but after 2 years he decided to follow his parents who were going back to China.

His departure did not affect the strong friendship between the two guys though. They kept calling each other as often as possible and whenever he could Yixing would come back to South Korea for a few days. And everytime Baekhyun would feel sad when it was time to say goodbye.

 

He needed some distraction, so without even really reflect on what he was doing he took out his phone and pressed on Chanyeol’s name. After three ringing tones, a surprised deep voice answered.
 

Baekhyun?!

Hey Chanyeol! I-I hope I’m not bothering you?” He glanced at the clock on the wall...10:43PM..., I should have checked the time before calling!

No, not at all! I’m happy to hear you.

Sorry, I didn’t check the time before calling. I guess a good student like you was probably about to go to sleep.” He joked.

Chanyeol laughed. What a sweet sound.

No but I was studying as the good student that I am!

Even better! Well, I should let you work then, sorry for distur-

No! Please don’t hang up! I’m glad you called. I needed a pause anyway.

Baekhyun smiled.

Okay. So how have you been since sunday?

Oh, I’ve been doing good. Attended my classes, studied, waited for an answer to my text.

Oh no! Baekhyun got so startled by the text Chanyeol sent him after their restaurant date that he did not know what to answer. And he ended up not replying at all because he kind of forgot.

Ah, a-about that…

It’s okay Baekhyun, I’m just messing with you! I wasn’t really expecting an answer. I hope my words were not awkward because I meant every single one of them. I really want to know you more.

Baekhyun felt the heat on his face. He was blushing and for the first time tonight was happy to be alone.

I was really touched by your text. Honestly I wanted to answer but didn’t know what to say. I’m sorry if I gave you a wrong impression.

It’s okay don’t worry. But, since we’re talking, you can answer me now. I mean, would you like to know me better too?

Y-yeah, of course!

Ah, thank God ! That call would have been awkward if you’d said no.

Baekhyun laughed.

So, did you call me for a special reason? Or just because you needed to hear my beautiful voice?

Option 2 Baekhyun thought.

Actually, I was feeling a bit down. Yixing left back to China tonight so I was feeling lonely and since you’re supposed to be a fun person…

Oh...well, I’m not saying that I’m glad that Yixing left but since it led to you calling me… I must admit that I appreciate the situation. And yes I’m a fun person, look at how you already laughed a few times during this call!

I laughed once.

You still laughed.

I see you’re the stubborn type.” Baekhyun said with a fake condescending tone.

I’m not stubborn. I just make sure to get what I want, and when I’m right no one can stop me.”

Oh...if you say so.

Well, Mister Byun. Now that you know something about me, tell me something about yourself.

Erm...I don’t like cumcumbers?

Chanyeol giggled. “That’s not really what I expected but well okay. I’ll try to remember it.
 

I’m sorry. I just said the first thing that crossed my mind.

It’s okay, that was cute, just like you.

Oh...Baekhyun was usually known as a talker, but Chanyeol always succeed to make him speechless in some way.

Baekhyun?

Yes?

I thought you got disconnected. You weren’t talking anymore.

No, I’m still here. It’s just...You surprised me with your compliment.” Baekhyun shyly admitted.

Oh, did I make you uncomfortable?

Not at all, I was just surprised haha !

I see... I’m sure your suprised face made you even cuter.” Chanyeol said with a deeper voice.

Park Chanyeol, you seem to be quite a playboy don’t you?

Me?! No! Why?” Chanyeol’s pitch was now higher.

Me?!No!Why?” Baekhyun mimiced his interlocutor.

Hey!

Baekhyun laughed.

Aaah, see? You’re laughing again!

Shut up!

Make me!

You wish.

I do.

Silence again…

I guess I went too far.” Chanyeol said apologetically.

No, really Chanyeol. I don’t know why my mind freezes like this. But I really appreciate talking with you. I really don’t regret calling you, I feel way much better thanks to you now.

My pleasure Mister Byun!

Ah, it’s getting late. I should let you go back to your studies. I gotta go to sleep as well or I’ll be too tired at work tomorrow.

Alright. Have a good night Baekhyun ! And just so you know, you can call me whenever you want.

Thank you Chanyeol. You’re really getting closer to the full fun person title.

I thought I got it already?

Nope, you gotta keep working on it!

Will do!

Haha, well I’m hang-

Wait! Baekhyun, when can we meet again? I really want to see you.

Ah, lemme think.

Are you free on friday night?

Yes, yes I am.

Okay, so let’s do something on friday night. I don’t know what but I’ll tell you later.

Alright! Well, good night for real Chanyeol!

Good night Mister Byun!
 

Baekhyun hanged up and sighed. Chanyeol was really nice and he was starting to like him a lot. But he should not go too fast, they were starting to know each other. Plus, even though they joked about it Chanyeol actually really sounded like a playboy. He was smooth and all, and c’mon, he was handsome. A guy like this was probably having his way with whoever he wanted.

Baekhyun needed to go slow, he did not want to give his full trust to someone so fast. Last time he did he ended up with a full broken heart which took a long time to heal.

Chanyeol would have to show his reliability before he got everything from him. Because that’s how Baekhyun was, when he fell in love he was giving his everything so he had to be careful this time.

He suddenly got an idea. He looked for his notebook in the coffee table drawer and picked a pen.

He started writing full of hope. Maybe acting like this time will work.

 

 

_____________________________________________
[A/N] We finally got the repackage teaser guys !! I'm so happy! Those football outfits...dayum...Haha!
Anyway, I hope you'll like this chapter (it's a bit shorter than the usual >.<)
But week-end is upon us, I'll try to update 2 chapters soon!