Chapter 17 + Epilogue

The Tokens Rule

Chanyeol was wondering if he was dreaming. He slightly opened his eyes to make sure that everything that was happening at the moment was true. And yes it was totally happening, Baekhyun was right here, in his arms, pushing his body against his, kissing him and holding to him. It was happening.

How? Why? So many questions were currently running through his mind but he was too busy kissing back the one he had been waiting for for hours in this corridor to try to understand. So Chanyeol kissed back and hold back and they kept going like this for minutes seated on the cold floor.

At some point, the student could finally get his mind straight so he parted away and pushed back his partner slightly.

B-Baekhyun, w-wait.” Chanyeol was using all of his willpower and it was even harder since Baekhyun didn’t seem like he wanted to stop. The latter sighed and finally opened his eyes slowly, moving his head so he could face Chanyeol. Though he didn’t say anything.
Baekhyun, I’m not complaining at all but what is this about?” Chanyeol looked really confused.

I’m sorry Chanyeol.” Baekhyun let out blatantly making the other one even more confused.

Sorry?! But for what?

For everything, for not believing you, for pushing you away, for not listening to you, for being my stubborn self. I’m sorry Chanyeol, I made you waste your time, I made us waste precious time and I feel so stupid.” He suddenly moved so he could hug Chanyeol tightly. “I missed you Chanyeol.” He whispered in the other’ears.

The tall boy felt like everything inside him was liquefying. He didn’t know what to expect from Baekhyun when he was waiting for him alone in the corridor but it was definitely not that. Maybe he had fallen asleep while waiting, that could be the only explanation. And if so, he didn’t want to wake up, never ever.

He patted Baekhyun’s back and hold on to him as well. He kissed his cheek and whispered “I missed you too, so much. I think you have no idea.”

And they stayed like this in the dark corridor, sharing their body heat, oblivious to anything else around us. Fortunately, any of Baekhyun’s neighbors walked in. It would have been quite awkward to find the couple holding tighly seated on the floor with no lights on.

After what felt like hours, Baekhyun finally broke the silence to say they should maybe go into his apartment.

They stood up and the young manager opened the door. He walked in first, followed by an hesitant Chanyeol. It felt weird to be back here again. The last time he was in this living-room was when all went downhill between him and Baekhyun.

 

Would you like something to drink?” Baekhyun asked, startling Chanyeol who was lost in his thoughts.

Huh, yeah please. Some tea if possible? The weather was a bit cold today.” He answered shyly.

Baekhyun looked at him for a few seconds before talking again.

No problem. But Chanyeol, how long have you been waiting for me in the corridor?” Baekhyun asked with a worried tone. The tall one shrugged and scratched his head.

Oh. Well…1 hour…maybe 2….even 3? Honestly I don’t even know.” He said sounding embarrassed.

Chanyeol are you crazy? Why did you do that? You could get sick!

I might be crazy but I guess you made the wait be worth it.”

Baekhyun blushed slightly and mumbled something about going to the kitchen to get the drinks and left.

 

While Baekhyun was getting the drinks ready, it gave Chanyeol some time to think about the current situation. But he didn’t know where to start. What to ask, how to ask it? He was so happy and confused at the same time. But he couldn’t just act like it was normal, because it wasn’t. And even though he was scared to destroy the nice atmosphere by asking questions he knew he just had to do it.

He was trying to collect his ideas when Baekhyun reappeared with 2 smoking mugs in his hands. The smaller man walked towards the couch and put the mugs on the coffee table.

Come and sit Chanyeol, I think we need to talk.” He said hesitantly.

Yeah, I think we do.” Chanyeol said trying to sound more confident even though he was so troubled inside.

 

They sat on the couch, each one took a mug and sipped some tea. No one talked and an awkward silence set in.

Chanyeol count to 3 in his head and finally decided to talk.

I think there was a big misunderstanding the last time we saw each other and I would like to explain it to you.

No need.” Baekhyun immediately said.

The other one panicked because here we go again, Baekhyun was going to get mad and not listen to him just like last time.

No really, let me explain because it’s a stupid situation and-

Chanyeol, it’s okay. If you’re talking about what happened at the party I know everything. Don’t worry, let’s just say the truth came to me. Literally.” Baekhyun chuckled.

The tall student thought he was about to go crazy. What the hell was happening?

You have good friends Park Chanyeol.”

I do? Would you mind tell me what would make you think such a thing? Because honestly “good” is not the 1st thing that comes to my mind when I think about my so-called friends.

The shorter man laughed lightly, and Chanyeol felt warm because it was a sound he thought he wouldn’t have heard in a while.

Baekhyun please, I might go crazy, tell me what happened. Because the last time I came to see you I thought you wanted to murder me. And today you did assault me but with another purpose and even though it felt heavenly it is hella confusing.”

Ah…sorry about that. I really didn’t expect seeing you at my door. I just did the 1st thing which came to my mind.”

As I said before, I’m not complaining.” Chanyeol said with a cocky grin.

Baekhyun slapped his arm.

Well, where do I even start…” Baekhyun said before taking a sip of his tea. He put the mug back on the coffee table and started telling Chanyeol about everything. From the day he told Chanyeol to leave his apartment to the party, to Sehun coming to his office with the infamous girl who caused the misunderstanding at the party. Baekhyun did not neglect to tell Chanyeol every little detail. The latter listened carefully and never interrupt the other one. The missed calls situation got him shaking his head, they had really wasted so much time for nothing.

I talked so much I’m sorry.” Baekhyun finally said.

No, no, Baekhyun! We really needed to talk everything out. I really thought I wouldn’t be able to discuss with you like this. I’m just…I’m so happy right now, I don’t even know what to say.” Chanyeol let this out then grabbed both of Baekhyun’s hands and kiss them lightly. “I missed you so much Baekhyun, a part of me still thinks I’m dreaming.

I can assure you you’re not. After I saw you with that girl in your bed, I was really mad and disappointed but a part of me kept wishing that what I saw wasn’t true. When Sehun came with her I felt so relieved but I wondered: what if it was just another lie. I mean Sehun is your friend, I don’t know that girl, it could just be a set-up…

No, no, no Baekhyun, please don’t think that! I swear on everything I love that it wasn’t a set-up! I didn’t know about Sehun coming to your office. I broke my phone today, it will be fixed tomorrow, today was crazy really I just don’t understand half of the things that happened to me.” Chanyeol let out hastily.

 

Baekhyun looked at him and smiled softly.

Chanyeol, it’s okay. I believe you. I trust you.

 

The taller one was at a loss of words. He blinked and looked at the face he had been dreaming of those last days. The face he had missed so much.

Once again, Baekhyun chuckled.

You can talk to me you know.” He said, feeling a little bit flustered by the way he was being looked at.

I’d rather do this.”

Chanyeol cupped Baekhyun’s face with his 2 hands and approached his own face. Then slowly, he put his lips on the other’s and they resumed their kissing session.

 

What started slowly then turned into something more passionate once Baekhyun threw his arms around Chanyeol’s neck and the latter slid down his own hands to the other’s waist. They got closer, bodies pressed together and angled their heads in order to deepen the kiss, lips moving in synch.

Baekhyun was the first one to slightly open his mouth and indicated that he wanted something more by using the tip of this tongue. His partner understood the silent request and opened his mouth as well. Then they started French kissing forgetting once again everything else, getting lost in each other’s scent and warmth. Sometimes they would part away for a few seconds to breathe or just because Chanyeol wanted to kiss Baekhyun’s cheek and whisper how much he missed him or tell him how beautiful he was.

The smaller of the two wished it would never stop, he felt so good, so appreciated. But suddenly he remembered something and stopped the action. It was okay, they could keep on later.

 

Chanyeol, you said you came to give me back a t-shirt?” He asked a little bit out of nowhere. The tall student was taken aback and took a few seconds to understand the question.

Ah! Yeah, yeah! The t-shirt you lent me after I slept here. You know, after that night at the club.” Since it was sadly related to the start of the bad events between them, Chanyeol told this with some hesitation.

Ah yes I remember! But you could keep it, no need to give it back.

Honestly, it was just the only excuse I found to come here. I actually didn’t really want to give it back to you, especially when it was my last souvenir from you.” The taller one said shyly.

You look so adorable when you’re being cheesy.” Baekhyun .

I’m not cheesy!

Yeah, sure.” The dark-haired one smirked.

I’m not, and I will prove it! Here take your t-shirt back!” Chanyeol said faking being offended. He got up to take the item of clothing out of his backpack which was lying on the floor near the front door.

 

Walking back to the couch he noticed some mess on the floor. He pointed at it and asked the owner of the place what it was.

Oh, I dropped a jar on the floor and was too tired to clean it. Don’t worry about it.” He tried to say that in the most casual way he could. Truth was, he didn’t want Chanyeol to see what it really was.

Let me clean it for you. I don’t want you to walk on some shattered glass and harm yourself.”

It’s okay Chanyeol, really! Just come back and sit next to me, I’ll take care of this later.

But it was too late, Chanyeol was already squatting, intrigued by the mix of colorful paper notes. He took one of them and opened it, not noticing the embarrassment taking place on Baekhyun’s face.

 

Jan. 17th – “Good night Baekhyun, I hope your shining smile won’t prevent you to fall asleep.”

 

Chanyeol had already seen this somewhere. Without a 2nd thought, he took another note and read it as well.

 

Jan. 19th – Phone call duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes (1st time going over 1 hour)

 

The student started opening a few notes, progressively understanding what they were containing.

 

Feb 1st – 1st kiss

 

Feb. 22nd – He surprised me at work

 

Feb 12th – Home date + Gifts (He is awesome)

 

Jan 25th – “I just woke up and I’m already thinking about you so…good morning J

 

Mar. 3rd – “It’s a bit cold so I wish I could be here to hug you and make sure you don’t get sick.”

 

Chanyeol was slowly understanding what were the notes about. He was so focused and in awe that he did not hear Baekhyun desperately asking him to stop reading them. Neither he heard the smaller man approaching him so he was startled when he felt an hand on this shoulder.

 

Chan, please, this is really embarrassing!” Baekhyun said with an indeed embarrassed voice.

By the time he realized he was being talked to, Chanyeol had already read 3 other notes.

 

Baekhyun…is this really what I think it is? I mean, those notes remind me of texts I’ve sent you. I…I mean you…you kept that? Are those really-“

Damn it Chanyeol…Yes! Yes, some of these are copies of your texts and I think you understood pretty well what this was about.” The smaller one said while sitting next to an amazed Chanyeol.

But Baek, why? I mean, this is extremely cute and I feel so flattered but I don’t understand.” Chanyeol said barely controlling a proud smile to appear on his face.

 

The poor manager sighed and rubbed his face trying to gather up some confidence. Never had he expected to have to tell his little secret to Chanyeol. This was his little world, his secret garden and this was so embarrassing to explain. But the taller one was looking at him with expectation now and it was too late anyway.

 

Alright Chanyeol…I’ll explain it to you but please hide this cocky grin and I dare you to make fun of me!” He said, pointing an accusing finger.

Chanyeol laughed lightly and raised his hands in a “I’m innocent” style.

Okay so hmm…when I was a kid, my mom has this habit that she called the tokens rule. We had a jar in the kitchen and every time I would do something good like getting a good grade or cleaning my room all by myself, she would add a token to the jar. Once it was full I could get a gift. It could be anything like a toy or a visit at the zoo depending on what I wanted. Once I got the gift, she would empty the jar and start a new filling round. To make it look nice, she was adding random objects or drawings that I made in it. When we started hanging together as you know, I was scared to jump into a new relationship. I needed to be reassured I guess. So, one night I decided to use this tokens rule for you…for us. I started collecting all the little things that you did or said or the memories we had together to prove me that what we were doing was real. So that’s why I copied your cute and corny texts, and I saved the dates of our big events or anything that was relevant to me. Sometimes when I was thinking about you or missing you I would just pick a random note and read it. Also when I was doubting, I found some reassurance in those memories, because they were the proof that you really cared and that I should just trust you. And funny thing, I used to think that I would accept to officially date you once the jar would be filled but by the time it was only half-full, I knew I was already a goner. I was already hooked on you. Really Park Chanyeol how did you do that? Did you put some love filter in all that food you gave me?” By the time he finished his speech, Baekhyun’s cheeks were pinkish. He hadn’t planned to say all of this and turned his explanation into some confession, but it just went out naturally. His heart was hammering in his chest and he wished he could close his eyes to disappear and not feel so flustered. Plus, Chanyeol was not saying anything. He was just looking at him, mouth slightly open, the ghost of a smile forming but never completely appearing. Then, his gaze suddenly moved to the mess of shattered glass and notes and his expression changed. Confusion with a touch of sadness could be seen on his face and he finally talked.

 

D-did you break the jar because of what happened with Hanna or maybe after our discussion the day after the nightclub party?” The student asked with a sad and worried tone.

No it was an accident! Well, I was trying to get the jar out of my sight because I was hurt. But it slipped and fell on the floor by accident I promise! And when I tried to clean everything up I ended up reading the notes so I finally just let everything on the floor.” Baekhyun admitted with a defeated smile. The taller one was now looking at him with only sadness in his eyes.

Baek, I’m so sorry you had to go through this. I’m so sorry for everything! Gosh, I feel so stupid for everything that happened! And I’m so touched that you created memories with all the cheesy stuff that I could say or do. I don’t even know what to tell you because I really didn’t expect that from you. If only I could go back to that stupid night and change the events. I wish I hadn’t fallen asleep so I could have been able to talk to you directly. I wish I could have avoided you this useless pain. I wish you could have been able to write a new note saying how we made up this night. And I know for sure you would have received so many sappy texts from me once you would have gone back to your house. This jar would not have been broken and most importantly it would be way fuller by now. But unfortunately, there is a thing I couldn’t change and it’s the fact that I’m still lacking experience when it comes to committed relationships. I know it’s important for you and it makes feel so helpless. But Baekhyun, you know what, a part of me is actually glad that I’m a newbie to this. You’re the first person I have strong feelings for and all those things are so new to me. And this is actually why you should trust me because I know it’s something I’ve never felt for anyone else. I won’t mess this up. What I feel is raw and pure, I’m naïve so just me show the way, teach me, ask me whatever you want me to do. Just give me a chance Baekhyun because… I’m in love with you.” Chanyeol’s eyes were wide open and his hands were shaking a little. He had just confessed his whole heart, it was the first time he had said those words to someone and now all he was feeling was fear. Fear of rejection because Baekhyun had already rejected him before… twice. Said boy was the one being speechless now. But it was okay, Chanyeol thought, knowing he couldn’t hear anything but his own heartbeat at the moment.

The smaller one sighed before talking.

Chanyeol, I’m confused, seems like you really didn’t understand what I told you.” His face was serious.

Chanyeol’s one on the other side was going from apprehension to desperation.

I did b-but, I mean, maybe, I mean, I just-“ He was at a loss of words but it didn’t happen matter because the other one interrupted him by putting his hands on his shoulders to lean him forward. Their noses were brushing and their mouths were just a breath apart.

“Which part of “I was already hooked on you” didn’t you understand?” Baekhyun whispers. He smiled and then closed the distance between their lips by moving his head forward and kissed the startled student.

It took Chanyeol a few seconds to understand the situation before he started kissing back. Baekhyun was accepting his feelings, was accepting him. A huge wave of happiness just went through his mind. It empowered him to be bold and he circled the other’s petite body, placing one hand on his nape and using his second arm to hold him by his waist and press their bodies together. The embrace was so passionate that they ended up lying down on the floor, making sure to stay far from the shattered pieces of glass.

Baekhyun was on the top of Chanyeol who was still holding him tight. The first one was messing with the other one’s hair, sometimes one of his cheek with his thumb. At some point of the kiss, their tongues got involved, who started it, neither of them would know. Everything happened so naturally, nothing was rushed, their lips and tongues were just moving in harmony at a very sweet and pleasurable pace. They were pouring their hearts into the action and it was worth a thousand words. They didn’t need to talk because they were understanding each other with those kisses and hugs.

Once again they lost track of time and it was finally Chanyeol’s stomach rumbling which make them part away. The boy’s cheeks flushed and he mumbled an embarrassed “Whoa, I’m sorry”. Baekhyun chuckled lightly, skin reddened by all of their previous actions.

It’s okay Channie, I’m a little hungry too actually. Let’s order some food. In no way I can let my sweet boyfriend starve.” He said by trying to fix the mess he had made of Chanyeol’s hair.

The latter felt his hear skip a beat at hearing the boyfriend word. Before he could even realize it, he just repeated it.

Boyfriend…

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and smirked.

Yes boyfriend. I thought it would be obvious after…all of this.” The smaller one said motioning his hand between them two.

Please pinch me so I know it’s not a dream.” Chanyeol let out with an excited tone.

You’re being stupid again. You shouldn’t have stayed in the corridor for so long. Your brain froze.” Baekhyun said while getting up.

 

He ordered noodles from one of his favorite restaurant and 30 minutes later, they were eating while reading random notes written by Baekhyun. Sometimes they would just laugh while remembering some situations, or Baekhyun would make fun of an astonished Chanyeol who couldn’t believe he could write so corny stuff. Some other times, the student would just praise himself over the fact that he was such a good boyfriend material since the beginning and his now official lover would let him know that he had higher expectations for the future.

And just like this time flew by. They ended up on the couch, watching a movie. Baekhyun’s upper body was lying on Chanyeol’s and the latter was holding his boyfriend by the waist, sometimes moving his hand to the other’back. They exchanged some kisses during the movie but succeed to stay focus on the screen most of the time.

Chanyeol finally thought about checking his watch when the end credits appeared and was surprised to see it was almost midnight.

Wow! Sehun must be wondering where I am! He doesn’t even know my phone is broken.” He said suddenly shifting, making Baekhyun let go of him.

I’m pretty sure he has an idea of where you are right now.” Baekhyun said with a smirk.

Well he doesn’t know what happened after he left your bookstore. What if you had rejected me again. I could just be dead drunk somewhere or worse. I really don’t know what I would have done if you had not accepted me this time.”

And I’m actually glad we will never know. You can use my phone to call him if you want.”

I don’t think I remember his number. I’m so used to just press his name on my phone’ screen. Anyway, even though I don’t want to, I think I should go back home for tonight. You work tomorrow and I think it’s time for me to go back to my classes.” The taller one said by his hair out of embarrassment.

You skipped classes because of me?” Baekhyun said with a surprised tone.

Well, it’s not something I’m proud of but yeah I did. I really wasn’t in the mood and wasn’t able to focus on anything.” The student said, immediately getting slapped on the arm.

You’re way more stupid than I thought Park Chanyeol. Don’t you ever dare to mess up with your future because of me or anyone else, you heard me?”

Then please never leave me mister Byun.” Chanyeol said with a proud grin before leaning down and kiss his boyfriend.

Really, you’re just so cheesy… Anyway, let’s go, I’ll drop you off.”

 

The ride to Chanyeol’s house was pleasant. They sang pop songs together and arrived in front the complex way too soon to the student’s liking.

Baekhyun pulled off in front of the building and the boys went silent not looking at each other.

After several seconds of awkwardness, Chanyeol finally talked.

Well, it feels like a déjà-vu.”

It does.” Baekhyun answered simply. He then cleared his throat to catch the other one’s attention.

Once Chanyeol was looking at him, he grabbed one of his hand and laced their fingers together.

Chanyeol, thank you for tonight. I’m still a little bit scared but I’m honored to be the first one you’re offering your heart to. I’m pretty sure I won’t have anything to teach you like you asked me because as long as your heart leads you to me, everything will be fine. I told you I trusted you and I mean it. All I’m asking for is honesty and commitment. You’re only mine and I’m only yours. But if one day your feelings come to an end, please just tell me and don’t betray me behind my back.

Well, I can’t promise anything about your last request Baek.”

At those words, the said boy frowned but before he could answer back, Chanyeol talked again.

I can’t promise to tell you when my feelings end because I’m 100% sure they won’t. They’re like a wildfire in a waterless area, they just keep spreading and they can’t be tamed.

Channie, please for the sake of this relationship, you’re not allowed to tell this kind of stuff out loud. It’s hard enough to put up with them by texts but while facing you it’s impossible, I can’t even look at you now!

Chanyeol laughed and pulled on the hand he was holding, then released it to cup Baekhyun’s face and kiss him passionately for the umpteenth times of the night.

Baek, give me a wake-up call tomorrow morning okay? Your voice is the first thing I wanna hear.

I thought your phone was broken?

Damn, I forgot!” Chanyeol let out while throwing his fist in the air making Baekhyun smiled.

Don’t forget to ask Sehun to wake you up if you don’t wanna miss classes tomorrow.

Yeah yeah I will.” The student said while rolling his eyes. “Talking about Sehun, I owe him big. Without him, we wouldn’t be together right now.

That’s true. He is really an angel, make sure to repay him. I’ll buy him a gift next week.”

You really don’t have to. And please, never tell him he is an angel or he’ll never shut up about it!

Baekhyun laughed at Chanyeol’s reaction. The two roommates’ relationship was really comical.

 

They kissed one last time after Chanyeol told Baekhyun he would call him right after he’d get his phone back. Then he finally got off the car to go back to his apartment. But right before he closed the car door, Baekhyun stopped him.

Oh wait Chanyeol, I forgot to tell you one last thing.”

Yeah?” The taller one asked, standing next to the car, while holding the door he was about to shut.

Baekhyun smiled fondly before dropping the bomb.

 

 

I love you too.”

 

 

At those words he really didn’t expect, Chanyeol laughed. It’s not that he wasn’t taking his lover seriously but he was so surprised that the only way his body could handle so much happiness was to laugh.

After calming down, he locked his gaze on Baekhyun like a lion would look at his future prey. He hopped back on the car and closed the door, never looking away.

Baekhyun was looking strangely calm, just waiting for the other’s next move. When his boyfriend approached his face, he didn’t flinch, not leaning forward or back.

You’re seriously driving me crazy.” Chanyeol whispered.

Baekhyun smiled but didn’t say anything back and kept still.

Baekhyun, you can’t just confess to me and then act like nothing happened and keep silent like this.”Chanyeol whined.

The other man just raised his eyebrows in a “Ah really, I can’t?” way, and smirked.

Baekhy-“ Chanyeol started but he couldn’t even finished his first word because the one he was about to talk to just slapped his lips and on his.

Since Baekhyun literally threw himself on Chanyeol, the latter caught him and secured him in his arms. And once again, they got lost in their kiss which was even more passionate that any of all the kisses they exchanged this night.

Any passerby could see them in the car but they couldn’t care less. It was late anyway so it’s not like a lot of people would be walking in the parking area. And even so it was okay, because here they would be able to witness what real love is.

Getting short on air, the couple finally parted away but both kept each other’s face and hair slowly. They’ve been in the parked car for around half an hour now.

Do you really expect me to go back home tonight? I’m not leaving you.” Chanyeol said closing his eyes and kissing the tip of Baekhyun’s nose.

Yet you’ll have to. You have classes tomorrow Chanyeol.

I don’t care. It’s pretty late anyway so I’ll be too exhausted to go.” The taller one retorted.

Channie I’m serious there. Go to sleep, we’ll see each other tomorrow okay? I’ll pick you up after work.”

No, I don’t want to. I want to stay with you!

Park Chanyeol, if you don’t get off my car in the next minute I’m not kissing you for a whole week.

Like you would dare!” Chanyeol mocked.

Oh? Okay then, try me!” Baekhyun answered with a teasing look.

Alright, alright, I get it. I’m leaving! And I’ll just be waiting for the day when you beg me to stay with you and I’ll refuse.” Chanyeol said with an exaggerated offended and menacing tone.

Tss, come here big whiny baby.” Baekhyun pulled his boyfriend in order to give him the last kiss of the night and released him.

I’m not whiny but I’m your baby, damn right.” The trendy gray-haired guy said while said while getting of the car for the second time.

Finding no comeback to the other boy’s cheesiness Baekhyun just sighed and shook his head.

This time Chanyeol could close the door. But he stayed looking at Baekhyun through the window that the latter slid down using the button at the driver seat.

Goodnight my Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said with his eyes sparkling with love.

Good night Channie.” The other answered with a shy smile then pulled the window up.

He waited for the student to move and walk to his building entrance, except that it never happened. Chanyeol stood at the same spot watching Baekhyun with the same enamored expression on his face.

Go back home!” Baekhyun mouthed, knowing Chanyeol couldn’t hear him from outside the car.

I love you.” The student mouthed back.

Baekhyun felt his cheeks getting hot. He said “I love you too.” with a cute grin. Then he the ignition, understanding he should be the one making the 1st move or else they would keep looking at each other stupidly.

Chanyeol waved at him and he stepped back to let him do his maneuver. The student looked at the car drawing away progressively knowing it was just about hours before the owner would come back.

 

“Good luck Byun Baekhyun because you’re stuck with me now.” He said out loud before heading off to his apartment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Epilogue

 

Baekhyun was climbing the stairs two by two, screw the elevator which took too much time to come down. He started sweating at the 2nd floor, ruining all of the effort he put into taking a quick yet nice shower. With some chance the perfume would stay on his skin and still give him some glamorous vibe like he wanted. He almost ran in the corridor but stopped himself, it was useless, he was already pretty late anyway. He took a few seconds to rearrange himself, brushing his hair lightly with his hand and swiping the sweat off of his forehead. In all his haste he had let his phone at home but this was nothing compared to the other thing he had forgotten.

He finally reached the destination he was aiming for. He sighed before lifting his hand up in order to ring but before he could touch the bell, the door suddenly switched open. The person he saw was not really the one he expected.

Oh!” He said loudly out of surprise.

Yeah, that’s my family name.” The taller yet younger boy replied with his usual bratty face.

I’m sorry Sehunnie, I didn’t expect to see you.” Baekhyun apologized. He then gave the boy a warm smile which was reciprocated.

Well, I can’t say the same about you. You’ve been expected here for more than 1 hour. Someone has turned a little nuts. Good luck with handling him. I tried my best to calm him down but he never listens to me anyway so…yeah.

I ed up. Something went wrong at work, so I left way later that I planned. Then I rushed at home to get a shower and stuff, then I forgot my phone at home and got stuck in traffic.” Baekhyun said sounding really sorry.

You guys always have trouble with your phones, is it some kind of curse you got? Anyway, not that I don’t care -well I don’t really actually- but for your own sake, hurry up inside, he is waiting for you. I’m out for the whole night don’t worry, so you’ll have all the time you need to make up and stuff.” Sehun said with a devilish grin then opened the door wider. He shouted a “I’m off grand-pa, Baekhyun just arrived.” to which an annoyed-sounding voice answered “Yeah I heard his voice.”

Sehun opened his eyes wide and mouthed a “Hang in there” then left.

 

Baekhyun got in slowly and was surprised to see that all of the lights were switched off.

He whispered a shy “Chanyeol?” and got no answer.

Channie? Baby, I’m sorry for being this late. We got some unexpected troubles at work, you know how it is. And I got stuck in traffic on my way here and couldn’t call you because I forgot my phone at home. That’s lame I know. But don’t you think it’s funny how every time something important is going on between us, the situation is messed up because of our phones?”

Still no answer.

Okay Chanyeol, please answer me. I feel like a fool talking alone in the dark like this.

Chanyeol? Baby, don’t be like this please, I’m really sorry! And I’m going to turn the lights on to find you if you don’t answer me!”

Close the door.” The other one finally said.

Baekhyun followed the order but now the room was even darker.

Channie, seriously where are you? I really can’t see. If you don’t want me to turn the lights on, speak to me so at least I’ll know in which side you are.

He heard his boyfriend sigh and shift and was about to walk towards the direction where the sound came from when suddenly the lights came on.

Eh…wow! Chanyeol it’s beautiful!”

Indeed it was. Chanyeol had decorated the living room with flowers from various vivid colors. On the walls, there were framed pictures of the couple in all the places they’ve been together or simply posing at one of the two’s apartment, either on the couch, on the bed or in the kitchen. Baekhyun quickly spotted his favorite one. That day they had tried to make a cake but it had ended up into some childish food fight. Chanyeol had chocolate cake dough on the nose and floor in his hair. Baekhyun was not in a better shape with floor on his cheeks and something looking like whipped eggs on his eyesbrows. He had took his phone out and kissed Chanyeol on the cheek, startling the latter who had closed his eyes, expecting some raw food to be thrown at him again. The picture was taken at the perfect moment. They looked genuinely happy and in love. And this feeling could be noticed on every single picture. Baekhyun was looking at them, remembering each of the moments they were taken.

You’re one hour late Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said blatantly getting his boyfriend out of his daydream. He was standing in a corner of the living room with his arms crossed and he was not showing any intention to move towards Baekhyun.

I know, and I’m really sorry Channie! Please don’t be mad at me.” Baekhyun said with the little pout he knew his lover couldn’t resist.

Your cute pouting face won’t work this time. Don’t bother trying.”

Baekhyun looked at him with his droopy eyes silently asking for forgiveness.

But it’s not like I could stay mad with you on our 1st anniversary anyway, come here you little troublemaker!”Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s arms and pulled him to embrace him.

No more words were needed. Their lips brushed and then they kissed with all the piled up passion their hearts had been accumulating each single day that they shared together.

Baekhyun circled Chanyeol’s neck with his arms and the taller one did the same with the waist of his lover. They deepened the kiss and by the moment the tip of their tongues touched, it felt like fireworks blew up in their bodies, giving them goosebumps.

Baekhyun on Chanyeol’s tongue, then let it free in order to bit his boyfriend’s bottom lip making the boy shiver.

They parted away without letting go of each other’s body. Chanyeol rested his head on his smaller lover’s one and closed his eyes.

“God, I love you.” He whispered trying to catch his breath.

“I love you too.” Baekhyun answered wholeheartedly and breathing in his boyfriend’scent.

 

Chanyeol took a step back and tip Baekhyun’s head so they could look in each other’eyes.

Happy anniversary my sunshine. I really can’t believe, it’s been 1 year already. I clearly forget everything whenever I’m with you and I’m sure this celebration is just the first one out of a long list. I wanna be with you forever and ever. Never someone had made me feel like this and I want to thank you to make my life so perfect. As long as I have you then I’m fulfilled and happy. And I hope I can at least make you feel half of the way you do for me. I’m so lucky that you have accepted me and I will do anything I can to make sure that what we share never dies. I love you Byun Baekhyun.” By the end of his speech Chanyeol’s eyes were teary… just like Baekhyun’s. Said man was trying his best to control his breath so he could talk without shedding any tears. And out of nowhere he slapped Chanyeol’s torso.

Chanyeol, I swear to God, one day you will kill me with your confessions. My heart is beating so fast right now. How do you want my brain to function after this? Plus, I’m not as good with words as you so now I feel stupid above all because I don’t know how to answer you. I just…I don’t know how to say it. You…no, I…

Baekhyun’ struggle made Chanyeol chuckle, earning him a second slap.

Aw! You’re so freaking cute when you’re flustered Baek.”

Shut up! And listen to me.

I’m all ears my love.”

I bet you are tall Yoda!

Baekhyun!

Okay sorry…I…I regret nothing…well most of the time. No okay I’m sorry, seriously. I regret nothing. Despite being scared I still gave you a chance and really I have no regrets because you sure know how to make someone happy. I feel at ease with you, I feel safe and most of all I feel cherished. Each day feels like the 1st one except that I fall for you a little harder at each passing second. I wouldn’t change anything. You’re perfect for me, even when you annoy me or don’t listen to me. You’re mine and I will keep you no matter what because you’re my last. I love you Channie.

They looked at each other without saying anything. Just letting the words they shared sink in.

Then, slowly they resumed their kissing but in a more delicate way.

 

After several minutes, Chanyeol asked Baekhyun to go sit at the table so they could eat the dinner he had prepared. As usual, the table was nicely settled with flowers and candles that Chanyeol lighted up. But something else drew Baekhyun’s attention. On the middle of the table was a glass jar full of paper notes. Oh…

Channie, is it what I think it is?” He asked with expectation.

Hmm, yeah, kinda.” The other one answered with a little smile.

What do you mean?

Well, I wanted to have a little fun so by using one of our most precious memory, I created a kind of game. I wrote the dates when the framed pictures were taken and you’ll have to associate the right dates with the pictures.” Chanyeol said with a proud tone.

Aww, that’s an awesome idea and that’s so sweet, you’re the best! Let’s play after we eat! But wait, there are way more notes than pictures. How come?

Actually there are empty notes, but it’s because I already know we will have tons of memories and dates to write down. I’m already perfectly happy with the ones we have but I won’t let you go so I already prepared the material to just write down our history.”

Of course you would my big cheeseball!” Baekhyun said while laughing and trying to hide how touched he was.

While Chanyeol was getting the plates ready, the smaller one decided to pick a random note and look at the date. He was quite surprised by seeing it.

Chanyeol, why does this note have my birthdate written on it? It’s not one of our memories.” He asked with a skeptical tone.

Well, it’s not one of our shared memories but this date was the day when you were put on this planet. If it hadn’t happened, you wouldn’t be here looking all beautiful in my living room. So I gotta bless the day when you were born because it led to me meeting you, to what happened 1 year ago, to today and it will lead to any other next days with me loving you with my whole being. Your birth was a gift from the sky to me.

Not knowing what or how to answer to this, Baekhyun just got up and walked to Chanyeol to kiss him deeply as a reply.

 

I’m actually so glad you’re considering my existence as a gift because I forgot yours at my house.

Baekhyun!

 

 

THE END

 

___________________________________________________________________

Ahem...HELLO AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Yeah I'm still alive and I'm soooooo sorry it took me so long to come back T_T So many times I wrote that I was about to publish this last chapter and I never did and I apologize! Especially to the few ones who were waiting. But after so many months I finally could finish! I'm sorry, really, life just happened, and work and big events (I got to see EXO for real at MAMAs, I just...I still can't believe it happened).
I really hope you will like this ending! But it's okay if you don't, it was my very 1st fic so I still got a lot to learn!
I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to all of the subscribers, people who upvoted the story and people who commented. I decided to write this story for no special reason and I came to really like the process of writing even though I'm not a pro at all. It was really a great experience and knowing that people actually enjoyed what I did was a huge reward, so really thank you!!! This goes for all the people who read this story and that I will never know about!

Please, please, please, let me know what you think the ending/story! Comments are really something that boost my mood up!

A new year has started so I wish you all the best!

I will now focus on my new fic (still ChanBaek), don't hesitate to already subscribe here, it will start soon, I'm working on the drabbles for the first chapters!

See you soon I hope~ 

XOXO