When we go crashing down, We come back every time

Band-Aids Don't Fix Bullet Holes

OH MY GOODNESS OVER 1000 SUBSCRIBERS!!!! Thank you all so much. I love you guys! You finially get some answers in this chapter!

~+~

 

 

Chanyeol stood at the front door of Baekhyun’s home, Kris, the newly appointed babysitter standing just a few feet away from him. He just stood there, nearly frozen…this was the first time in a week where all he had to do was knock on the white front door. “Are you going to knock or wait for a telepathic connection,” Kris wondered as he ruffled his platinum blonde hair.

Chanyeol turned around at him and glared “I’m nervous,” he admitted with a heavy sigh. Kris raised an eyebrow, he never knew Chanyeol to be shy. He quickly got fed up and walked up to the door, giving it three solid knocks. Chanyeol punched his arm, how dare he? ‘Stop it Yeol…you’re not 16 anymore,’ he thought as he nervously waited for the door to open.

When the door did open, Baekhyun looked up at him with a small smile. That small smile took Chanyeol’s breath away. Baekhyun dressed simply, a dark blue button up untucked from his black jeans, his chocolate hair ruffled ever so nicely. Before the former lovers could greet each other. The other tall male pushed Chanyeol aside and released his inner ‘fan-boy’ calmly of course.

Oh my god… it’s you! Light…huge fan,” he stated happily. Baekhyun’s eyes grew wide, hurriedly stepping outside and shutting the door so those inside couldn’t hear.

How do you know that name?” Baekhyun asked in a whispered tone.

Kris smiled “I’m Kris or Galaxy at Exodus,” he introduced.

Why the hell is he here?” the shortest of the three asked, his irritation and anger towards the two growing.

We needed a baby sitter and I got you one,” Chanyeol told him, pointing to Kris.

He’s involved with Exodus…I can’t have him around the kids,” Baekhyun nearly growled. Chanyeol thought about what he just said.

Kids?” he asked.

Before this,” Baekhyun started, motioning at Kris in a circular motion “I had already called someone to watch Sehun.”

Well now we have two,” Chanyeol said, getting defensive. Kris observed the two, couldn’t they be nice for just one minute? The former lovers started to argue in hushed tones and all Kris could do was roll his eyes.

Alight!” Kris yelled, getting their attention. “I will help whoever watch the kids alright…I know how to watch a kid,” he reassured them.

Baekhyun sighed and looked at the ground, he tried to push back the worry he was feeling. If it means getting some answers from Chanyeol he would have to it up and let Kris help Junmyeon. The man lifted his brown eyes from his gaze and up to meet Kris’ “Fine,” he said to them, sighing, still unsure about the whole situation.

Baekhyun turned to open the door, as the three walked in they were greeted with two pairs of dark brown eyes looking up at them from the carpet clad floor. Luhan put the controller down and looked up at Baekhyun “Who are they?” Luhan asked, thinking that the two next to Sehun’s dad were intimidating.

Uh, friends of mine,” Baekhyun answered him, trying to play it off to the kid. Luhan turned his attention back to the game where as Sehun had his eyes on the man with dark hair and big ears. Chanyeol looked down at him and didn’t know what to do. Should he say hello? Wave? Smile? Instead, he looked over at Baekhyun, who was giving him a look that read ‘don’t even’ he listened.

Is that jackass here yet?” a loud voice questioned coming out from the kitchen. Chanyeol frowned in annoyance, he must have been the ‘jackass’ the guy was referring to. Junmyeon held a cloth and wiped his wet hands and he emerged from the kitchen to see the three men.

I’m the jackass and yes… I’m here,” Chanyeol informed him. Junmyeon twitched an eyebrow and turned his attention to the man next to him.

I’m Junmyeon,” he greeted Kris with a smile, his attitude the complete opposite of how he greeted Chanyeol.

Kris,” the tall man said, his smile matching the others. The two men were locked in a smitten gaze towards one another.

Alright, you two will be watching the kids for a couple hours, please don’t let them break anything,” Baekhyun butted in, bringing the two back to reality.

Sure thing, you two try not to kill each other,” Kris smirked as he walked closer to Junmyeon.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun at the same time growled and looked at each other “You ready?” Chanyeol asked.

Yeah, let’s just get this over with,” Baekhyun answered him, unamused as they walked towards the door.

The car ride was mostly silent, filled with tense energy. Baekhyun looked out at the city as Chanyeol drove down the highway. “Where are you taking me?” the thick silence was now broken.

A restaurant,” Chanyeol told him, not taking his eyes off the road. Although in the moment he had his eyes on the road, throughout the ride Chanyeol couldn’t take his eyes off of Baekhyun. The way the dark yellow street lights shone on his ex-husbands cheeks.

Where is this place?”

Do you remember the one where we’d go after our monthly reviews?” he asked him. Baekhyun lowered his head with a small smile. How could he forget? Good memories came from that small restaurant outside of Seoul.

Do Exodus know about it?”

No, I made sure. Don’t worry,” he reassured him, offering a small smile. Chanyeol then turned his attention back to the road, eyes carefully scanning the on coming traffic. The two went silent again, just enjoying the smooth ride...until Baekhyun let out a small chuckle. Chanyeol quickly looked over, a confused look on his face. Did he just laugh?

Is something funny?” he asked.

Baekhyun shook his head “I was just remembering that old olive green wallpaper. Is it still there?” He asks, looking over at his former lover with a cheerful smile. The first one he's seen in almost 9 years. Chanyeol smirked and looked back at the road.

How's wallpaper funny to you?” he questions, trying to keep his eyes on the road. Before Baekhyun answered, Chanyeol took in the sight. Baekhyun for a moment looked happy in the passenger side seat, leaning comfortably into the cloth seats with his legs up on the dashboard.

Because I remember the look on your face when that little boy wiped his booger on it and it matched the color,” Baekhyun said in between laughs. Chanyeol rolled his eyes, he remembered that night after a long and tiring mission. He missed those nights dearly.

They soon arrived to the small restaurant that sat on the corner of a busy Hongdae street. The two men got out of the car and looked at the quaint yet modern building. “It's been a while,” Baekhyun said as neither of the two took a step closer to the building.

It has,” Baekhyun responded, shoving his hands inside his pockets. They finally began to take the few steps towards the front door. Chanyeol reached first urgently, and opened the door, motioning for the shorter male to enter first.

Once both inside thy looked around the restaurant they were so accustomed to. It was comfortable, that olive green wallpaper was paired with dark brown flooring. Their attention turned to the back corner of the restaurant, a small wooden table with brown chairs were nicely tucked in the back...they used to think it was “their” table.

The sat down in their usual seats, Chanyeol with his back to the wall and Baekhyun facing him. They sat in silence until their waiter approached “Can I start you both off with some wine?” he asked. Both sets of eyes looked up at him “No!” they both nearly yelled at the same time. The waiter took a step back, not anticipating that reaction from the couple.

Beer please,” Chanyeol ordered.

Same, please,” Baekhyun added nicely. The waiter gave them a concerned smile and walked away from their table.

The two stared impatiently at each other, mostly on Baekhyun’s end. “How do you want to do this?” Chanyeol finally asked. Baekhyun blinked and looked off into the distance than focused back on him.

This was your idea,” he reminded him, putting his elbows on the table, clasping his hands together. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes and cocked his head to the side.

Don’t put this on me Baek,” he groaned.

What do you want to do? One for one?” he asked, attitude dripping off each word. Now the men were locked in a bitter gaze until a cough brought them back. The looked up and over at the waiter standing there at their table, his eyes nervously shifting back and forth between the two assassins. He quickly put the beers down and walked away.

Both of them laughed at the poor waiters nervousness “Yeah, one for one,” Chanyeol gave him an answer as he picked up the amber colored bottle. Baekhyun did the same and took a slow drink, then placing it back down on the table gently.

Why did we get divorced?” Baekhyun asked, going straight for the hard question. Chanyeol leaned back in his seat and huffed.

I can’t answer that.”

I’m sorry, what? What do you mean you can’t answer that? That’s why we’re here!” Baekhyun growled, voice starting to rise…again.

Chanyeol leaned in “You have to understand that there are things I cannot tell you, it is for your and Sehun’s safety,” he whispered angrily. Baekhyun huffed and leaned back into his seat, Chanyeol already figured out how to defuse his ex, use the kid.

Fine. Were you in London the whole time?” he asked.

Yes, I never left. What’s he like?” Chanyeol answered and then asked.

He’s like you in kid form. He’s a happy virus,” Baekhyun told him, unknowingly smiling to himself. Chanyeol did the same.

Why did you go to Rome?” Chanyeol asked.

I thought we were going one for one?”

Stop being a smart and answer the question.”

Our godchild was in danger, Jiyong couldn’t trust you with Exodus around,” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow “How did you know I wasn’t dead?”

Chanyeol rubbed his head “I just did.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, of course Chanyeol would be vague. Typical.

Why didn’t you ever answer the phone?” Baekhyun asked.

There was a lot going on in London, I couldn’t risk anything.”

What was going on?”

Chanyeol just looked at him.

Of course you can’t answer.”

Baek. Stop it.”

Baekhyun took another swig of the beer and swallowed roughly, maybe the alcohol would affect him faster.

Why did you quit Exodus?”

The former assassin looked up at him with a questioning look “I was pregnant and divorced! I couldn’t fight and risk Sehun’s life,” Baekhyun answered, unbelieving what he’d just asked him. It was obvious. “Then that son of a had the audacity to send someone to kill me 3 days, 3 days! After I quit. It was a low level agent! He sent a low level to kill me, I’m the freakin Light,” he ranted angrily.

Chanyeol looked sympathetically at him, is it a good time to bring this up? “It was me,” he admitted.

Excuse me?”

I sent D.O to do the job.”

The blood boiled in Baekhyun’s blood, he took the steak knife that was next to him and jammed it into the wood. “You sent that hit?” he yelled. Chanyeol looked at him and motioned him to lower his voice.

I can explain, please calm down,” he said, placing his hand over his shaking fist that held on to the steak knife. Baekhyun’s expression didn’t change, the same bitterness was apparent on his face.

Start explaining…now,” he hissed.

Boss was pissed that you quit, so he ordered a hit on you. He wanted me to pick the agent, so I picked the newest recruit.”

Boss isn’t that dumb, he would have never let you do that.”

But he did, I lied to him saying that he was the best. I knew you could get away,” Chanyeol told him. Once he did, the tightness of Baekhyun’s fist released. His expression softened.

You did that?”

Yeah. When you faked your death that was the best thing you could have ever done,” Chanyeol smiled.

Baekhyun smiled back and took the knife out of the table. “It’s funny, he actually thought he could beat me,” Baekhyun laughed.

Yeah when he came back with those bruises, it was so hard to keep a straight face,” the taller man laughed.

As the laughter died down Baekhyun looked up at him “Why did you stay with Exodus?” he asked.

Killing’s all I know, I enjoy what I do,” he confessed. Baekhyun nodded, he could understand that answer.

Three beers later, both of the men were starting to loosen up. In that moment they weren’t the hunter and they prey, they were just two people trying to reconnect. It was as if they were back in time, they were the only ones left in the restaurant and they were both completely fine with that.

Baek, I think it’s time to go,” Chanyeol laughed as he noticed that it was 10 minutes till closing.

Uh yeah,” Baekhyun said as he took a look behind him.

The car ride back to Baekhyun’s house was much more vibrant and joyous compared to the ride there. They relived memories and inside jokes that they came up with in the past. Baekhyun told stories of Sehun growing up and how he resembled. While Chanyeol told about the missions he went on and the men he fought.

They barely even realized they were now standing on the front porch of the house. “Thank you for tonight Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said, keeping it voice low.

You’re welcome, I have to collect Kris,” he laughed. Baekhyun smiled in return and opened the door. The two saw their son and his friend asleep on the couches, warm blankets placed over them. The grown men raised an eyebrow “Where are they?” Chanyeol asked.

We should check the kitchen first,” Baekhyun said and they hurriedly walked in. their eyes went wide as they found Junmyeon sitting on the counter with Kris standing in between his legs, hands running up the widowers shirt. Their lips were locked in a hungry kiss.

Oh my God!” Baekhyun yelled. The two broke the kiss and Junmyeon jumped off the counter. Both fixed their shirts and looked at their friends in embarrassment. Chanyeol was grinning like a mad man but next to him, Baekhyun had a look of horror on his face. Chanyeol looked down at his horrified ex and quickly walked up to Kris “We have to go,” he said and ushered him out the door.

What the hell was that Junmyeon?” Baekhyun yelled.

~+~

Thank you guys for reading! please subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked it!