Love

Band-Aids Don't Fix Bullet Holes

Hello everyone! I'm sorry it's a little short but with school it's been harder to write :(

Enjoy ^_^

~*~

May 5, 2015, 12:04PM Chanyeol’s apartment

Freezing.

That was the wonderful feeling Chanyeol woke up to. He jumped up violently, wiping the cold water off his face. He opened his eyes as he gasped for air, he looked up and saw Kris standing over him with a now empty mason jar. He looked around him, he was on the floor of his living room surrounded with empty and half full beer bottles.

What the hell, Kris?” he yelled.

Kris looked down at him and smirked “Hh good, you’re awake,” he said as he sat the jar on the coffee table. Chanyeol lowered his eyes and got up onto the couch, triggering a headache. “That’s a lovely bruise,” he noted.

Chanyeol raised his hand and touched the bruise on his right cheek “I’ve seen worse,” he whispered. Kris sat next to him and placed his large hand on his friends shoulder. Chanyeol remembered the events from last night, his heart sank to the bottom of his chest.

There was a moment of silence between the two men, Kris had already feared the worst. He saw the way Chanyeol ran out of that office, he’d never forget the paleness of his face and the fearful look in his once bright eyes. “What did Boss say?” he finally had the courage to ask.

He knows Baekhyun’s alive… I have two weeks to kill him. Its’ either him or my family,” Chanyeol answered, his hands fumbling over each other. Kris looked down at the floor sadly, his heart hurt for the man. “I thought I could do this. I really thought...”

What happened?”

Something got in the way,” he responded, mildly afraid to tell him. Kris raised an eyebrow in wonder, looking at his friend who was now beginning to break down in front of him. “I have a son Kris. He’s 8 years old,” he sobbed, head falling into the palms of his hands.

Kris’ eyes opened wide, there was a mini Chanyeol running around. There was only one question that came to his mind “What are you going to do?”

Chanyeol stood up and rubbed his face “I don’t know! That kid ruined everything!” he shouted, balling his hands into fists. “I don’t know how the I’m going to kill the man that gave me a child!” Kris sat back and watched him angrily pace around the living room, he knew that Chanyeol was trying to come up any reason to kill Baekhyun.

Chanyeol stopped for a moment, he placed his finger on his forehead and looked up at the wall “I’ll get close to the kid, then we’ll become close… I’ll kill Baekhyun and the kid will still have a father,” he thought out loud.

The blond sat back and looked up at the brunette “You’re taking away the person he loves the most,” he spoke.

Well how else am I going to do it? You have no idea what I’m going through!” Chanyeol said, raising his voice.

Kris raised an eyebrow “I don’t know what you’re going through? Are you kidding me?”

You’re a cold killer! You don’t give a about feelings. I have to kill the man I love!”

This struck a chord inside Kris… haunting memories came back causing him to snap. He stood up and pointed a finger at him “How do you think I got this way?” he screamed, Chanyeol was taken aback. He’s never heard Kris yell like that before. “Love is a scary thing and it s people up!”

How do you know what love is?” Chanyeol spat. Kris was 37, he’d experienced love before. Kris’ face softened, he hated this story.

His name was Zitao…” he began. Chanyeol was surprised, he was actually going to get back story on his friend. He took a seat on the couch and listened to Kris’ story. “I was 25, on a trip in China, trying to find myself. I came across a remote village where a large group of monks lived. I swore I was going to marry him,” a light smile appeared on his face as he continued.

He broke the rules and I fell for him…hard. He did the same, and one day he was going to leave the camp…”

Zitao, come on… he bus leaves in an hour,” Kris rushed in a whispered tone as he watched the young monk pack the small amount of things he had.

I’m almost done,” Zitao told him as zipped up the small duffle bag Kris had given him. Kris smiled and pressed a kiss to Zitao’s soft lips. “I love you,” the bald man said.

I love you too,” Kris told him back, his heart filled with joy. They were going to flee to Japan and lead a free life there…together. Kris held him close as they made their way to the door of the cabin.

Suddenly, screams rang out. Zitao dropped the bag and made a run for the door. Once opened he was met with a terrible scene, men on motorcycles and torches in their hand were carelessly destroying the village. “Hey!” he screamed.

Kris ran over him “Zitao! NO!” he yelled as he watched his lover run into the grassy outside. There were monks, lying dead on the ground from gunshot wounds. He watched his run over the monks and cry at their deaths. Then the men on the bikes started to circle around the scared monk.

Kris!” he cried out. Kris ran for him, he came close until the loud sounds of run fire rang out. A single bullet pierced the chest of Zitao, he fell on the ground immediately. Tears fell from Kris’ eyes and we watched one of the men speed off. He fell to the ground and brought the dying man into his arms.

Zitao…no…please. SOMEONE HELP!” he cried into the dead air. He looked down and stoked his face. “Baby, please stay with me,” he pleaded, rocking back and forth.

Kris, I love you,” Zitao weakly whispered before shutting his eyes. Kris let out a cry and held Zitao tighter. He looked at the ground next him, a gun layed there. He then looked up and saw the man that did this. Dressed in all back, a black mask covering his face.

Kris gently placed Zitao on the ground and picked up the gun. Rage within his eyes he shot the man, he only felt pain.

Chanyeol’s eyes were wide as Kris told the story of his murdered lover. He noticed the tears fall, he jumped up immediately and embraced the broken man. He felt so selfish and stupid for thinking he killed just for fun.

May 5 2015, 12:07 PM. Baekhyun’s Kitchen.

Baekhyun and Junmyeon soot in Baekhyun kitchen, Baekhyun felt nervous and anxious. Junmyeon looked up from his Mac laptop and looked at his fried who was tapping his fingers on the counter top. “You ok?” he asked.

No… I’ve gotten no calls from the school, I need to know how Sehun is,” he said, as he for the 5th time checked his iPhone. Junmyeon laughed and walked towards the fridge, he opened it and shook his head.

He’s fine Baek, Sehun’s a bright kid,” he tried to reassure him. Junmyeon pulled out a chocolate bar and kicked the door shut.

I know he is, I just want him to adjust well,” he sighed. The black haired man leaned against the counter as he opened the chocolate, all attention focused on the brown bar in his hands. Baekhyun once again checked his phone…nothing.

A soft chime rang out from the laptop. Baekhyun reached over and pulled the laptop towards him. He clicked on the small circle icon and read the message. He started to laugh “Hey, who’s HotMan411?” Baekhyun asked, laughing. Junmyeon raised an eyebrow and walked around the counter. He blushed as he read the naughty message this man had written.

A dating site? ing hell,” Junmyeon got angry.

I take it you didn’t sign up for this,” Baekhyun chucked. He shook his head.

My sister must have, she’s been trying to get me in the dating game for years,” he sighed as he deleted the message.

Baekhyun bit his lip “It’s been 6 years…” he noted. Junmyeon looked down and gripped the edges of the counter top.

I’m not ready, it’s too soon,” he said sadly.

You know Eunkwang died doing what was right,” Baekhyun reminded, placing his hands on Junmyeon’s cold one. Eunkwang was Junmyeon's husband, a cop who was killed in the line of duty during a standoff with a criminal. The saddened man always got depressed when he thought about his husband, his depression never went away after his death.

I miss him so much,” he sobbed.

Tell me a story… you’ll feel better,” Baekhyun told him, giving a small smile.

Junmyeon calmed himself down and thought of when they met. Eunkwang was working as a security guard at his parent’s cooperation while he was in the police academy.

A younger Junmyeon, 21, watched as protesters surrounded the large building his parents owned. His father recently got into some trouble with the press after his refused to support a popular candidate in an election. He stood there, gripping one of his college textbooks against his chest, afraid to enter the building as they angry people circled it.

The chanting got louder in front of the doors, Junmyeon stood there frozen on the pavement. Then the doors opened and a young man, around his own age came outside with his black baton in hand. He was yelling at the protesters “Get away! GO!” he shouted.

Junmyeon's soft brown eyes looked at the boy with the wavy blond hair. The protesters started to clear the area when the boy came up to him “I'm sorry about them, are you alright?” he asked as he put his baton inside one of the loops in his belt. Junmyeon blushed and nodded.

Yes...thank you,” he said.

I'm Eunkwang,” he introduced, holding out his hand.

I'm Junmyeon, it's nice to meet you,” he said, shaking his hand.

Junmyeon sat in the bar stool next to his friend and rested his head on his shoulder “Thank you,” he spoke. Baekhyun gave him a nod and placed his head on his friends.

~*~

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Side note I got to see Big Bang in Las Vegas last weekend. OMG such a good show!