It Was My Season for Battle Wounds

Band-Aids Don't Fix Bullet Holes

 

HEYYY. I won't bore you will all the details of my absence but I'm back! ... i neglected some of the editing...I'm rusty. 

\|||***||||****|||||*|||*|*|*|*|**|\

The air was tense the next day in Baekhyun's household, today they were perfecting Baekhyun and Chanyeol's old coup plan. More than half of him knew this wasn't going to work and at least one of them would be killed in the process of taking down a whole company. He carefully hung up maps and photographs of the company and their hit jobs. He, of course, made the mental note to remove all of this before Sehun got home from school.


 

He layed out the main blueprint of the SM building on the light brown table in his upstairs office and taped it down so it would move as the assassins came up with their plan. He took a step back and looked at his work, he didn't expect this from himself. It's been so long, could he still do this? Did he have that fire within him? He put the old cardboard boxes that contained his old case files under the table and sighed.


 

"Check this out," Jiyong laughed as he entered the office. Baekhyun whipped around quickly and offered a small chuckle. "I remember this from the good old days." Jiyong took a look around the room and remembered how it felt when Baekhyun would do missions regularly for the Family.


 

"Did you bring what I asked?" Baekhyun asked him as he looked down at the manila envelope in Jiyong's hand. Jiyong nodded and walked closer to the table. He gently opened the envelope and placed the content on the table. The were mostly photographs and employee files that were displayed.


 

Baekhyun's brown eyes scanned the table trying to find the exact picture he was looking for. Once he found it, he picked it up and tacked it to the wall. "Who is he?" Baekhyun asked as he showed Jiyong the picture.


 

Jiyong studied the picture and combed back through the various memories of the past. It finally clicked "His code name is Swanson, he was a hire from Indonesia." Swanson? Baekhyun remembered that name "Swanson, I've heard of him but I don't remember meeting him," he told him.


 

"You probably haven't until yesterday," Jiyong started to say as he picked up Swanson's information, "he's one of Boss' personal guards... he was sent to threaten you at the park yesterday."

Baekhyun smirked "Yeah now he has a bullet through the skull," he mumbled.

"Yeah I know, clean work," Jiyong complimented. Baekhyun smiled, he still takes pride in his work.


 

The two continued to lay things out until Kris and Chanyeol arrived. Kris shook Jiyong's hand and took a look at the blueprints on the table. All while Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other like they were active in the company again. Focused on the mission at hand, yet the longing and love in their eyes were still apparent. Baekhyun was the first to break out of the gaze and get down to business.


 

"Alright this is the main foundation of the building," he started. The blueprint was your normal and average blueprint for a large building. Baekhyun pulled a layer back and the blueprint was now more extravagant with more rooms and hidden passageways. Baekhyun took a red Sharpie and started to write on the paper.


 

Agents usually in the early mornings... they're all the here,” Kris stated, pointing to the large rectangle at the end of the blueprint.


 

Kris opened the cap of a red Sharpie and began to doodle a cartoon face with razor sharp teeth, right in the center of Boss's office. "He's our target," Kris spoke, amused at his artistic representation of Boss. Chanyeol offered a chuckle and opened his own marker.


 

"Mandatory training takes place in the lower level every morning, new recruits and low levels will be here," he left his marks on the blueprint and handed his marker to Baekhyun.

 

"We don't want to make any noise that would alert his personal guards, use gas, not bullets," Baekhyun suggested.

 

"And what happens when it wears off?" Kris asked, poking plot holes into Baekhyun's plans.

"You should be done by then. The knockout gas guarantees us an hour for a large group. It won't take much," Jiyong chimed in.


 

The four got lost in conversation, planning every small detail of their plan. They were all impressed with their individual knowledge of the company, the small crooks and fine lines hidden within the walls. They soon had nearly everything ready, from the grand entrance to the walking away from the exploding building like a badass, no, no...Jiyong voted against it. There was one thing left unsettled... who was going to kill the man who started it all?

 

Unknowingly, a figure stood in the doorway looking astonished at the graphic photos that lined the wall. He noticed one in particular deceased police officers. "What the hell is this?" The voice of the figure.

 

The four from around the table looked at Junmyeon who ripped one of the photos off the wall. All color from Baekhyun and Kris' faces left leaving them in shock, scrambling to make a story.

 

Junmyeon's expression was no longer shock, it swiftly turned into anger. "I asked. What the hell are these doing here?"

 

"It's not what you think," Chanyeol soothed.

 

"Baekhyun...why is that Jackass here?" With all the questions, Baekhyun was starting to crack. Jiyong felt it was time to step in.

 

"Junmyeon, everything is fine. Those photos aren't anything important," Jiyong reassured.

 

Junmyeon shook his head and turned to the one person he thought wouldn't lie to him "Kris."

 

Kris turned around and looked at the three standing around him with stern faces, then back at the broken man in front of him. He took a step forward away from the group, locking eyes with Junmyeon.

 

"Jun, I can't explain everything to you-you have to trust me."

 

"Trust? There are photos and maps with mugshots and dead men! This isn't nothing!" He shouted.

 

"Please, I just want to protect you," Kris pleaded.

 

Junmyeon looked away from him and stared at the floor. He tried to process what it all meant. No matter how hard he thought. He couldn't come up with an answer. "If you want to protect me I want the truth...from all of you."

 

Baekhyun leaned against the table "There is a man, and he has taken so much from us. We need to stop him before someone gets hurt...or worse." He said.

 

"Who?"

 

"That's all I'll tell you."

 

"Seriously? What the ? You're keeping secrets from me, Baek?You're supposed to be my friend.”

 

"His name is Boss, he's the devil's best friend," Chanyeol informed.

 

Junmyeon snapped his head to Chanyeols direction. The wheels in his head started to turn until it finally hit him. His husband had talked about a man who ran a large assassination company. His agents and himself were the police's force number one target.

 

He looked at Baekhyun and Kris, a hurt look started to grow "You worked for the monster who had my husband and his team murdered. You both lied to me!" He screamed and ran out of the room.

 

Baekhyun out his hand over his mouth, he had no idea Boss and Junmyeon were connected in any way. "Did you know?" Baekhyun whispered to Jiyong.

 

Jiyong gave him a sympathetic look and shook his head "No."

 

Kris found Junmyeon sitting on the first step of the staircase, shaking. Kris quietly descended the staircase and touched his shoulder. Junmyeon jumped up and turned around to face him. 

 

"Don't touch me!" He yelled.

 

"Please, let me explain."

 

"No! I don't want any more of your lies. You and the person I thought was my best friend both lied to me. Big time."

 

"I had no idea about your husband, I'm sorry Boss did that."

 

"I don't need your sympathy," he spat as he turned away from Kris.

 

Kris sighed and took another step closer to him. "I need to tell you something, it's important."

 

Junmyeon took a deep breath and wiped his teary eyes, turning out to meet Kris' gaze. "After Zitao was murdered, my heart became so dark. I wanted vengeance more the anything. So I learned about Exodus...and joined."

 

"Is this story supposed to make me feel better?"

 

Kris chuckled and took his hand. "When this whole mess about Baekhyun and Chanyeol happened-"

 

Junmyeon cut him off "What mess?" He asked.

 

"Baekhyun was the best agent and quit because he was pregnant, faked his death. Boss found out and sent Chanyeol to kill Baek. Now apparently everyone is good again and we're going to kill Boss for everything. That's just the SparkNotes version." Kris smiled brightly and laughed. "Now...can I please get on with my sappy story?"

 

Junmyeon chuckled and nodded "Yes...sorry."

 

"After years of killing and feeling nothing. I found something I wanted to protect more than anything. You Junmyeon, Zitao would have wanted me to move on. He wouldn't have wanted my life to be like this," Kris sighed and sat on the step.

 

Junmyeon let go of Kris' hand and stood in front of him. He was coming to a realization "You both just wanted to protect the ones you love. I was foolish."

 

"No! No... your reaction was appropriate. I mean I would've done the same if I would have found out my boyfriend and best friend were deadly assassins," Kris laughed.

 

The two soon made their ways up the stairs and back into the room. Baekhyun and Junmyeon came to an understanding, and while he was still not fond of Chanyeol, he would it up until after their mission was completed.

|||||||||********||||||||||*|*|*|*|*|*

 

Thank you all so so much for reading. Subscribe, comment and upvote for more! 

 

Love you!