ID#: E000506, Byun Baekhyun

Band-Aids Don't Fix Bullet Holes

We meet Baekhyun! Enjoy! ^_______________________________________________________^

~+~

April 25th, 7:46AM, Byun House

34 year old Byun Baekhyun sank his mouth underneath the steamy water of his bath, drawing out a long exhale through his nose. He extended his long legs in his overly large bathtub and prayed for no disturbances. Baekhyun already wishes for this day to be over, he didn’t want to deal with people. ‘It’s time,’ he thought to himself, mentally groaning.

He brought his arms out of the still clear water and gripped the metal handles on the sides. Baekhyun slowly stood up, his entire body cracking in the process. Quickly turning off the water he grabbed a fluffy white towel. He carefully stepped onto the carpet on the floor and looked at himself in the mirror.

His scars were apparent on his torso, years of training, field work, even marriage left the long and discolored scars. Baekhyun quickly shook his head, he didn’t need those haunting memories. His face was still nice, fair skin and dark brown hair that clung to his forehead. As he went to wrap the towel around his waist he noticed his favorite scar, a thin line across his lower stomach. A small smile appeared on his face as he touched the nicely healed C-Section scar.

Baekhyun was a father, he was a special man that could give birth. He always hated what his body could do, until he had his son 8 years ago.

“Appa!” A loud voice rang out. Baekhyun looked over at the clock ‘8:00’ it read.

“What?” he shouted back, putting on his towel.

“Can we go now?” the voice shouted impatiently.

Baekhyun didn’t respond, instead, he walked into his room and pulled out a pair of dark blue jeans and boxers from his drawer. He dropped his towel and got dressed, taking his time…he wanted to waste as much time as he could.

12 minutes later Baekhyun descended the stairs of his Seoul home, putting on a gray v neck shirt.  There at the bottom was a tall boy with his arms crossed, short black hair still messy from bed. Baekhyun mentally cursed his ex-husband for giving their son his height. “Dad, Luhan wanted us there at 8 o’clock,” his 8-year-old whined.

“Sehun, the place is like 20 minutes away…relax,” Baekhyun told him, getting the impatient boy to calm down. Sehun stomped his foot and leaned against the banister.  Baek smirked and laughed at his son as he walked down the stairs.

He grabbed his keys off the white key holder and opened the front door “Let’s go,” he said. Sehun stood himself up and ran out the door shouting nonsense. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and followed him, shutting the door.

The pair sat in the car at their destination with separate emotions. In the passenger seat was one very excited boy, literally bouncing in his seat. The driver sat there with a deadpan gaze staring up at the large red letters of the place. Baekhyun leaned the side of  the window and looked over at Sehun. “Remind me why we’re here,” he sighed deeply.

“Because Luhan is my best friend and we wanted to do this! You promised,” Sehun reminded him, pouting. Baekhyun sighed again and slowly got out of the car. Sehun’s smile grew as he got out of the car and onto the sidewalk “Appa come on!” he nearly yelled in anticipation.

Baekhyun closed the door and looked up at the sign on the ceiling ‘Archery’ it read. Baek couldn’t wait to get out of there. Taking a slow walk up to the front door he let his son enter first, with a high level of hesitation... he walked in.

The place was large, walls lined with different types of bows, Baekhyun couldn’t deny that this place was flawless. His fingers twitched as he looked at them, he wanted to hold one of the bows. They were practically calling his name. “Baek?” he looked over and saw his best friend looking at him with a soft smile.

“Hey,” Baekhyun smiled softly and looked up at his best friend. Junmyeon knew nothing about Exodus, they met when Baekhyun was alone and pregnant.

“You ok man?” Junmyeon asked.

“Uh…yeah totally fine. Where do they go?” he asked back, quickly trying to change the subject off of him. They looked over and saw their two sons looking around together, Luhan clinging onto Sehun’s arm. They looked so happy… innocent even. Baekhyun was slightly jealous, his innocence was taken at a young age after the murder of his grandfather, a corporate executive. He’ll protect his son’s innocence no matter what.

“Sehun! I get to be like Hawkeye! Isn’t this cool!” Luhan cheered as he looked at the arrows their instructor was holding

“Lu…if you’re Hawkeye, then who am I?” Sehun asked, lip quivering. Luhan held his arm tighter and bit his lip in thought.

“You’re Green Arrow!” he chirped with a large smile graving his face. Sehun smiled softly and his eye opened wider.

“He’s so cool!” he awed as their instructor brought them over with the rest of the class. Baekhyun stood far back and observed the other parents of the kids. Most of them were young to middle aged mothers in tight dresses, looking like they’re about to hit the club. He mentally scoffed at the woman who took the flask out of her bag. He wondered how half these women could be parents.

“Thanks for coming, Luhan’s been dying to do this since I took him to see The Avengers,” Junmyeon said to him as they were all taken back into the room where the kids would be learning.

“No problem, Sehun would do anything with Lu. He would give me the silent treatment for a week if I didn’t let him,” Baekhyun laughed as he sat down on the wood bench next to his friend. An overpowering scent of perfume filled the air, making his nose wrinkle. The lady that sat next to him flipped her curly black hair her shoulder and looked at the confused male with a sultry look.

“I’m Taeyeon,” she introduced, crossing her long legs. Baekhyun offered a forced smile before crossing his own, he reached over and intertwined his and Junmyeon’s fingers, putting their hands on his knee. He looked away with a satisfied smile on his face. Taeyeon’s face fell into a shocked expression and looked away, shivering at the sight of the two men.

“Thanks,” Baek whispered.

“Anytime,” he whispered back.

The two men watched their sons learn how to hold the bow and arrow properly, Baekhyun was feeling mixed emotions as he watched Sehun, he was a natural. With little instruction he stood properly, it reminded him so much of himself. ‘They’re going to shoot,’ he thought with excitement and nervousness. 

Luhan went first, aiming at the target a good distance away “You can do it Lu!” Junmyeon encouraged as his son breathed, holding the bow up. The let it go and the arrow flew in a straight line hitting the target near the center. The boy started jumping in excitement. Junmyeon let go of Baekhyun’s hand and started clapping for his son. “I’m so proud of you!” he cheered.

“That was so cool Lulu! I hope I can be as good as you,” Sehun told him as he started to get nervous. Luhan laughed at his shyness.

“You can do it! I believe you Sehunnie,” Luhan smiled as he put up his fist.

Sehun smiled and nodded at his best friend before looking at the target, he wanted to hit that bullseye really badly. He got into his stance and held his bow up. Baekhyun leaned forward and put his hands over his mouth, he silently prayed he would hit it. Sehun closed one eye and ever so slightly stuck his tongue out, he was confident.

Pulling the string back, clenching the arrow tightly. He let it go. The arrow zoomed right past the target, hitting the wall behind it. Baekhyun closed his eyes and rubbed his face with his hands. Sehun dropped his bow and started to cry “I missed,” he said lowly. Baekhyun stood up and heard the mothers giggling at his kid. He furrowed his eyebrows and walked up to Sehun, getting on his knees.

“Appa I missed,” he sobbed, leaning into his chest. His father rubbed his small back and told him to breathe.

“It’s ok baby, everyone does…let me help you, can you stop crying for me?” he told Sehun calmly, letting him go. Sehun nodded and wiped his tears. Baekhyun grabbed the bow and put it into his son’s hands. He positioned him correctly and aimed the bow for him “Hit right between someone’s eyes,” he whispered. Sehun nodded and pulled back, staring intensely at the target. For a second time, he let go. He hit the center of the target dead on. Luhan and the other kids cheered, Sehun hugged his dad tightly.

“Thank you, Appa,” he whispered.

“Great job everyone! There’s snacks outside in the lobby. There’s also something for the parents,” the instructor announced, holding the metal door open. Sehun let go and joined his friends.

“Where did you learn that?” Junmyeon asked as he walked up to Baekhyun, who was in the process of standing up.

“I did archery at summer camp when I was a kid, I guess it stuck,” he lied. Junmyeon nodded and watched the rest of the parents leave the room. Thankfully Junmyeon believed his lie.

“We should catch up to everyone else,” Junmyeon noticed.

“You go ahead, I need to put this bow back,” he said as he looked at the bow in his hand, Junmyeon patted him on the back and exited the room. Once the door clicked the door shut, he walked over and locked it. He couldn’t believe he was doing this. He walked over to the corner and put the back the bow and grabbed a bow that fit him. Grabbing a single arrow, he looked at the rows of different targets. The regular ones, animal ones… he didn’t feel comfortable. I the middle of the isles was a BOB dummy. He smirked, this was the one.

He held the bow and placed the sharp arrow within it. Pulling it back he didn’t take a long time before he shot the arrow, piercing the dummy right between the eyes. He smirked and laughed, he still had it. “Right between the eyes,” he told himself. Putting the bow away, he walked back and unlocked the door. He missed the feeling of shooting.

“Dad! That was so much fun,” Sehun yelled as they walked into their home. They had spent the whole day with Junmyeon and Luhan after the archery lesson, Baekhyun was surprised that Sehun wasn’t tired like he was.

“I’m glad you had a good time baby, go get in bed ok? I’ll be up there soon,” Baekhyun yawned as he the lights to their home. Sehun rubbed his now tired eyes and made his way up the stairs. He watched Sehun disappear into the hallway before walking away into the kitchen. Slowly making his way through the living room he got an eerie feeling, it intensified as he got closer to the white door. He walked to the bookcase and from behind the books, he pulled out a knife, hiding it in his pocket.

He pressed his arm against the wood of the door and pushed it open. He the light and sighed in relief, everything was normal. He leaned against the counter and ran his hands through his hair. The feeling returned, he turned around towards the back door and saw a man standing there staring at him with tear stained brown eyes.  Baekhyun’s heart started to beat fast, he instantly recognized him.

“G-Dragon,” he said in disbelief. He man clenched his fists and started to sob. G-Dragon was a part of The Family, YG Entertainments front. The Family was totally different than Exodus, their focus wasn’t on killing, it was keeping people safe from drug lords and other crime families. G-Dragon was one of the main players in The Family before starting one of his own with is husband Seunghyun.

“They have Zelo,” he spoke lowly. Baekhyun’s eyes widened as he rushed over, enveloping his old friend in a tight embrace. Zelo was the code name for their 13 year old son Junhong, he was the pairs everything.

“Who?” Baekhyun asked as he gripped Jiyong’s thin arms. Jiyong motioned to go sit down at the counter, making Baekhyun let go. They sat across from each other, Baekhyun slid the highly decorated tissue box to him. Jiyong took one out and rubbed his eyes.

“Do you remember the case you worked on about 10 years ago?” he asked.

Baekhyun leaned back against the chair “I worked a lot of cases 10 years ago, G,” he reminded, folding his arms.

“The one in Rome when you were with Fire,” Jiyong clarified, it brought back memories for Baekhyun. There was a drug lord in Rome that stole cases of from a Korean crime family, he and Chanyeol were sent to retrieve the drug and kill the drug lord, it was completed.

“Why do they have Zelo?” Baekhyun asked, getting more concerned about him. Jiyong rested his head in his hands, trying to calm down.

“He has a rare blood type, they want him for it, they’re going to kill my son,” Jiyong cried loudly.

“Dad! Who’s there?” Sehun shouted from upstairs. Baekhyun sighed.

“It’s just the TV babe, go to bed!” he shouted back.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to raise my voice,” Jiyong apologized, lowering his tone of voice. Baekhyun put his elbows on the table and looked up at him.

“What about The Family? TOP? ”

“Light, I can’t tell Papa, he’ll go insane that Zelo is in this position. TOP already left for Rome, he will kill everything in his path.”

Light… no one had called him that in years “Why do you need me?”

“Agents from Exodus were sent to kill Zelo. Fire is one of them,” Jiyong explained. Baek’s eyebrows instantly furrowed.

“I can’t, G.”

“Please, I have no one else. My sons life is at risk, I can’t him die,” he sobbed. Baekhyun looked at the broken man in front of him. As a father and as one that was involved in an occupation like theirs…he sympathized. But seeing his ex-husband wasn’t ideal.

“I’ll leave in the morning, I’ll get him back, I promise,” he said, placing his hands over Jiyong’s shaking ones. Jiyong smiled softly and started crying once again, this time in happiness.

“Thank you.”

Baekhyun later sent Jiyong home with hope and peace of mind. He was now standing in front of his closet, looking at his clothes; debating. He pushed back his clothes to reveal a large metal safe connected to the wall. He punched in his code and opened the safe, revealing weapons, a lot of weapons. He was going to need some fire power. ‘Exploding arrows will work…I can’t believe I’m doing this…it’s been years. I’m out of my mind,’ he thought to himself, opening a drawer full of different types of arrows. Something at the bottom of the drawer caught his eyes. He raised an eyebrow and pushed the arrows out of the way, revealing an old picture of him and Chanyeol. His heart stopped, the two looked so happy, both smiling, Chanyeol’s arm around Baekhyun’s waist protectively. He snarled, grabbing the picture and an arrow, storming out of the closet. He pressed the photograph against his bedroom door, stabbing the top of the picture with the arrow to hold it in place. He looked at Chanyeol’s handsome face, he loved him so much.

“Light…what’s your real name?” 20 year old Chanyeol asked as the two sat the attic of a building in Rome, waiting to kill a drug lord. Baekhyun looked up from sharpening his arrow, giving him a confused face.

“What?”

“We’ve been partners for 2 years and dating for a whole year…I think it’s time you tell me your real name,” Chanyeol said, leaning against a wall.

“Really? You ask me my name now?” Baekhyun laughed, standing up.

“There’s no time like the present,” Chanyeol shrugged. Baekhyun walked over to Chanyeol and kissed him softly.

“I’ll tell you…but not here,” he whispered, earning a groan from the taller male. Chanyeol pushed himself off the wall, hands attached to Baekhyun’s hips and his lips attached to his neck.

“Fire…stop.”

“Call me Chanyeol,” Chanyeol whispered to him. ‘Chanyeol,’ Baekhyun thought, it was a nice name. A chill ran down Baekhyun’s spine. He pushed Chanyeol away and quickly grabbed his bow.

“Someone’s here,” he whispered.

“Baby, you’re paranoid, they’re not due to get here for another hour,” Chanyeol, reassured, putting his gun in his holster. Chanyeol walked backwards towards the door, suddenly a large man kicked open the door, knocking Chanyeol over. The buff man aimed his gun at Chanyeol, who turned around to look at the man. He scooted hurriedly towards his partner as the man shot at his feet, nearly hitting him. The man’s grim look grew darker as he aimed at his face. Baekhyun shot his arrow, hitting the man between the eyes. He fell over dead. Chanyeol, looked at the dead man with fear in his eyes, he looked back at Baekhyun who looked back down at him with an equally scared expression.

That was the closest Chanyeol had ever gotten to being shot before. He stood up and hugged Baekhyun. Baek dropped his bow and entangled his fingers in Chanyeol dark red hair.

“You saved my life, Light,” Chanyeol panted.

“Baekhyun…my name is Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun shook his head of the memory, picking up the Nerf gun Sehun left in his room. He sat on his bed and looked at the small yellow gun in his hand. He looked up at the photo in anger, cocking the gun he pointed it at the picture. He fired, bullet sticking over Chanyeol’s face.

“I ing hate you, Chanyeol,” he seethed.

~+~

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, please subscribe, comment, upvote if you liked it! See you all in the next chapter!