Connected (Baby Chapter)

Band-Aids Don't Fix Bullet Holes

a minor Krisho chapter about 600 words, something very small and I didn't think it fit in with the next major chapter! Enjoy~

~+~

“What the hell was that?” Baekhyun seethed after Kris and Chanyeol left the house. Junmyeon stayed silent as he looked at the floor and fixed his messy hair. “Answer me!” Baekhyun yelled. Junmyeon looked up at him with an angry expression.

“I don’t get why you’re so upset,” Junmyeon growled.

“You’re making out with a man you don’t even know!”

“You were gone for 4 hours Baek. We had a lot of time to talk,” Junmyeon sighed, leaning on the counter.

“Weren’t you the one who said you’re not ready for someone else? You don’t know him,” Baekhyun said, frustrated as he started pacing back and forth through the kitchen.

“Why are you against him?” he questioned.

“Because you met him four hours ago!” Baekhyun shouted, using his hands to make his point. Yet he would never tell Junmyeon that the main reason was because Kris was an assassin. He couldn’t see his friend be with someone like that.

“We really connected,” Junmyeon says as he folds his arms across his chest and leans against the cool feeling counter.

“How?” He asked him sarcastically.

“If you’d calm down and sit I’d tell you.”

Baekhyun took a seat at the counter and took a deep breath, waiting to hear the story.

“Kris knew the people that killed Eunkwang,” he started. Baekhuyn’s eyes opened wide, fearing the worst that Kris was the one who killed the widowers’ husband.

Kris walked into the kitchen as Junmyeon put the final plate away into its proper holder “Those kids can ing eat,” Kris laughed trying to get the handsome father to open up.

“Yeah Luhan can out eat anyone,” Junmyeon laughed, turning to face the blonde man. Kris bit his lip, he wondered a lot about this man as they played with the two boys earlier in the night.

“So is your wife around?” he questioned. Junmyeon let out a small chuckle and closed the dishwasher.

“Um no, I’m gay,” he smiled. Kris’ eyes perked up noticeably, his tone was suddenly hopeful.

“Oh so is your husband working or something?”

“I’m a widower,” Junmyeon informed him, his cheery smile quickly growing into sorrow. Kris instantly regretted asking him about his husband, knowing he’s probably not over him. But then again he was still curious.

“I’m so sorry,” he told him, inching closer to the man.

Junmyeon offered a smile and looked up at him “It’s ok, he was a cop he died trying to do what was right. Poor Luhan barely remembers him,” Junmyeon sighed with sadness. , a cop, why would a guy like him want to be with someone that kills people for a living.  

“Was Luhan born with a surrogate?” Kris asked, as he now stood next to him, leaning on the counter.

“Yeah… we used Eunkwang’s , I guess he never really left,” he laughed “he wants to be a cop to. I just don’t want him to face gangs like the Red Dragons.”

Red Dragons? That was the gang that raided Zitao’s village.

“Red Dragons?” Kris asked in haste, turning to him.

“Yes…they were the ones that killed Eunkwang.”

“M-my boyfriend was killed by them after they raided their town,” Kris admitted. Junmyeon looked up at him with wide eyes.

“The monk village near Beijing?”

“Yes.”

“Eunkwang worked that case, the Dragons had ties to Korea,” Junmyeon said in disbelief. Kris looked at him in equal disbelief, they were connected.

“I can’t believe it,” Kris said, his fingers gripping a handful of his blonde hair. He looked down and notice that Junmyeon was crying. He placed his hands on both sides of Junmyeon’s beautiful face and wiped the tears away with his thumbs. He nervously leaned in and kissed the shorter man.

~+~

Super short but I hope you liked it!