Now We've Got Problems

Band-Aids Don't Fix Bullet Holes

So much is going to happen in this chapter, hold on, it's about to get crazy! Pardon bad editing skills

~+~

Where the hell are you?” Baekhyun looked down at the watch, grumbling to himself. Today was the park day, once a month the two single fathers would take a whole day off and take their sons to their favorite park in Seoul. He passed on the light blue carpet, wondering what was taking Junmyeon so long.

Appa, where’s Luhan and Junmyeon?” the child asked his father and he walked down the stairs, slowly putting on the black baseball cap. This made Baekhyun frustrated, Junmyeon was never late to anything. Anything!

I don’t know…I’m going to call him,” Baekhyun walked off and held his cell phone up to his ear.

After a few rings a rushed voice finally answered the phone “I’m on my way I promise!” Baekhyun bit his lower lip in frustration.

Where the hell are you?”

I’m just stuck in traffic, I’ll be there in five,” Junmyeon reassured him, trying to calm his friend down.

It’s only 2:30 and you live 5 minutes away,” Baekhyun reminded. What the hell was he doing?

Baek, I’ll explain when I get there,” he said before hanging up. Baekhyun looked at his phone with a shocked expression, this was completely out of the ordinary. Baekhyun shoved his phone back in his pocket and went back into the living room.

Are they almost here?” Sehun asked, the excitement gleaming in his brown eyes, just like Chanyeol’s. ‘Stop it, don’t think about him…and those eyes,’ Baekhyun thought before returning back to his train of thought.

Almost,” he answered with a nervous laugh. Sehun raised a confused eyebrow at his father and his unusual weirdness. He went back to his video game as Baekhyun stood there, lost in his thoughts.

Baekhyun took a seat in the chair behind him and watched the front door closely, waiting. It was just minutes later that an excited 9 year old ran through the door and straight for his best friend. “Luhan!” Sehun cheered and put the controller down on the coffee table.

Junmyeon ran through the door hurriedly, standing in the door way. Baekhyun rose up from the chair and crossed his arms. He walked closer and cocked his head at him. “I brought someone,” Junmyeon confessed. Baekhyun’s eyes went wide…no, no, no.

Hey,” a deep voice rang from just outside the door. Kris slowly took a step inside, already anticipating Baekhyun’s reaction towards him.

Junmyeon conference, now!” Baekhyun demanded, walking towards the kitchen, expecting his friend to follow. Which he did.

What the hell?” Baekhyun shouted as they entered the kitchen.

I like him Baek.”

It’s been four days,” Baekhyun growled.

Junmyeon ran his hands through his black hair in frustration “I’m a grown man, and he’s nice.”

You don’t know him, we’ve talked about this,” Baekhyun argued, voice started to hint at his anger and frustration. “Chanyeol probably put him up to his,” he mumbled.

Chanyeol? Is this who it’s about? Seriously Baekhyun, do you miss him or something?” he guessed. Baekhyun’s hard expression slowly softened.

No, of course not,” he replied rather quickly.

Liar…are you growing feelings for him again? You still love him don’t you?” he assumed.

I was married to him, we have a kid together. A part of me is always going to love him but no I don’t. I’m just looking out for you,” he sighed.

Baekhyun, I know what I’m doing. Please, let’s just go,” Junmyeon motioned to the door.

Baekhyun didn’t say anything, he just nodded and walked out with his friend. He looked at the scene in front of him once they entered the living room. Kris was playing video games with the boys, all of them were laughing and having a good time. Baekhyun hated this, Kris is a killer, but then again so was he.

After peeling the boys away from the video games, they were now finally at said park and were enjoying the nice weather outside. The two kids played on the playground while Junmyeon and Kris left to go get water. That left Baekhyun on the plaid blanket watching the boys.

His thoughts went back to that night at the restaurant, were those feelings being rekindled? No, absolutely not. With his finger he pushed his sunglasses back up close to his nose, eyes not leaving the playground. His surroundings suddenly became dark. He squinted and looked up at the sky, there were no clouds.

He tilted his head back and saw a figure blocking the sun behind him. The man was covered by a shadow created by the sun. he wore black sunglasses similar to his own. A dark blue v neck shirt and tan shorts. “Can I help you?” he asked.

Just came to watch my son,” the guy said.

Chanyeol?” he questioned.

Hey Baek,” he said with a slight smirk.

Why the hell are you here?” he asked, jumping up in panic.

I came to watch Kris and your friend,” he informed him, shoving his hands inside the deep pockets of his shorts.

Junmyeon,” Baekhyun finished, crossing his arms.

Junmyeon...right,” he chuckled, taking a seat on the blanket. Baekhyun popped his jaw out to the side in annoyance. 'Alright, sit,' Baekhyun thought. The shorter man took a seat next to him, trying to keep a comfortable distance away.

He's good,” Chanyeol pointed out. Baekhyun looked over at what Chanyeol was looking at. He saw Sehun bouncing the soccer ball on his knee while Luhan looked at him in awe. “He gets in from me,” he said with a smirk.

Baekhyun sighed dramatically, rolling his eyes “Oh whatever! I had the better soccer skills,” he reminded him.

Nope, I was better, I always kicked your ,” Chanyeol sighed, leaning back, resting on his arms.

The pair sat in silence, neither wanted to admit that the silence that they were sitting in was actually comfortable. There was no tension or homicidal tendencies, both of their guns remained in the holsters on their person. They watched their son and friends play and for just a moment, everything was right in the world.

No yelling, no watching over their shoulders, just the laughter of their son as he kicked the ball into the goal. Baekhyun looked over at Chanyeol who had a proud and fatherly smile on his face, he could feel the heat rising in his cheeks

Baekhyun sat Indian style, long fingers tapping on his pale legs. He bit his lip and slightly leaned into Chanyeol's bubble, wanting to start a conversation. 'Why are things so awkward,' he thought to himself.

Kris and Junmyeon soon approached and the blonde was surprised to see his friend sitting there. "Chanyeol?" He questioned.

"Hey guys," he greeted in a sing song voice as he looked up at the surprised pair.

"What are you doing here?" Kris asked him hesitantly, putting a bag on the ground.

"I came here to see Baekhyun and Sehun, chill," he reassured, pushing his extended hand down to express it. Kris lowered his eyes but quickly turned his attention to Junmyeon who was scowling at the assassins presence.

"Appa!" A joyful voice rang out, laughter filling the large park. Junmyeon looked over and saw Luhan waving at him. Luhan nudged Sehun and the two boys began to walk over.

Reacting, Chanyeol stood up quickly. What was he supposed to do? Leave? Greet the son he's never met? Baekhyun noticed the way Chanyeol was behaving, he mentally laughed, thinking it was cute.

The two kids got back and put their hands on their knees, panting heavily. Baekhyun laughed and handed them each their water bottles.

As Sehun drank, he looked up at Chanyeol in question. "Uhh Sehun... this is Chanyeol. Chanyeol this is Sehun," Baekhyun introduced the two nervously.

Chanyeol took of his sunglasses and looked down at his sweaty son "Hello,"  he said breathlessly. Sehun looked up at him.

"Hi," he responded simply, lacking the enthusiasm Chanyeol had hoped for. Baekhyun sighed quietly in relief, he thought that went rather well.  Sehun turned away to put the lid on the clear water bottle.

Everything was going w until gunshots rang out and screaming from the other patrons at the park started to ring in the adults ears. The four snapped to attention as people started to run away from the playground. Junmyeon and Chanyeol automatically shielded the two boys knocking them to the ground.

Shells started to puncture the ground and plant themselves inside the surrounding trees. They were under attack. Panic and fear started to rise, but the three assassins knew they had to react.

Chanyeol covered his body over Sehun holding the the shaking boy tightly, sobbing as he cuddled into his father's chest. Baekhyun looked and saw two men in black run further in the bushes in the distance. He looked over at Kris and yelled loudly "Kris, let's go!"

The two men ran quickly pushing their way through the crowd of people running in the opposite directions, away from the chaos. They quickly the guns that sat in the holsters behind their backs and made their way into the bushes.

They ran as fast as they could, never took their eyes off the men as they were just a few feet away from them. The men in black diverted and made a right into the tall trees. "There's a cut off, follow them!" Baekhyun instructed. Kris nodded and ran off in the direction off the men.

Baekhyun pushed himself, the urgency of catching these horrid people that were trying to harm his friends and family. He ran faster and cocked his gun after hearing a loud thud. He ran into the next corner and saw Kris sitting on top one of the men with his gun to his face. “Get him up,” Baekhyun growled.

Kris got off and gripped the mans leather jacket and pinned him up against the tree roughly, making some of the leaves fall onto the ground. “Who sent you?” Baekhyun asked, looking at the man dead in the eye. The man looked older, maybe in his thirty's, this guy was a veteran it was clear by the long faded scar on his face.

Traitor,” the man said, spitting near Baekhyun's feet. Baekhyun grimaced and looked down, then back up angrier than ever.

Who. Sent. You?” he asked again, pointing the gun to his head.

Haven't you already figured that out, Light?” he laughed evilly. Baekhyun's face started to get red with anger, gun starting to shake.

Where's your partner?” he asked.

Probably half way to the office by now,” he smirked. Baekhyun growled and got in his face.

Answer me this,” he started, he then took a few steps and started to run his finger over the barrel of the gun. Kris looked over at him as he held the man, internally he was becoming the fan boy he always knew he was with him. He kept it cool of course, this was a serious moment. “How many people does it take to send a message?” Baekhyun asked.

The man shrugged “I don-” he was cut off by a single gunshot straight to the head. Kris jerked and left his lifeless body to fall to the ground.

One,” Baekhyun answered for him, firing another shot into his deceased body. The brown haired male looked over at the blond who was in complete shock and amazement.

That was so cool!” he yelled putting his gun back in the holster. Kris ran his hand through his hair coolly, going back to his normal bad boy persona.

We need to get back,” Baekhyun told them as he put his gun away.

Do you always carry a gun with you?” Kris asked, getting off topic with what Baekhyun was saying.

You didn't learn that first day of training? Always carry a weapon?” he questioned him as they walked back. Kris shrugged and nodded, yeah he remembered that from orientation.

Well yeah, but I guessed since you've been gone for so long,” he said.

Its like that saying, you can take the guy from Exodus but you can't take Exodus out of the guy,” he sighed, “I still have bad habits.”

Do you miss it?”

No. That company made me into a monster.”

You thought of yourself that way?”

I killed people, some of them were innocent.” The two talked the whole way, Kris enjoyed it the most it was like talking to his favorite celebrity.

On the other side of the park, the people were all cleared out yet the panic and smell of sulfur was still potent in the air. Chanyeol looked up and with rapid moving eyes he saw that the coast was clear. “Sehun it's ok now,” he reassured. Sehun shook his head and tried to bury his face deeper into the nice smelling man's shirt. “I promise, no one's going to hurt you.”

Is my appa alright?” he asked. Chanyeol smiled his rubbed his head, he knew very well that Baekhyun was safe. “Where's Luhan?”

I'm right here,” Luhan said as he ran over, kneeling next to him. Sehun wiggled out of Chanyeol's warm and protective embrace and slammed his body into Luhan's.

Boys!” Baekhyun shouted from the park.

They're ok!” Junmyeon cheered as he stood next to Chanyeol who stood there with a small smile. “Did you catch them?” he asked.

Baekhyun put on a fake frown “No, they got away, I'm going to call the police soon,” he said. Chanyeol looked down at his ex husband, he noticed a spot of blood on his leg. He killed them, he gathered. “Junmyeon will you and Kris take the kids to car I need to talk to Chanyeol?” he asked.

Junmyeon nodded quickly and gathered the kids as Kris grabbed their things. Quickly rushing them towards the car, with complaints from the kids going unnoticed by the adults.

What was it?” Chanyeol asked once the others were a good distance away from them.

Exodus,” Baekhyun sighed. He rubbed his temples, he didn't want to deal with this right now. He just hated to cut this conversation short but he needed to get back to Sehun. “I need to call The Family...meet me at midnight, the usual spot,” he said before walking away. Chanyeol knew exactly where that meant.

Midnight had rolled around , and on the edge of a tall Cliff overlooking the city of Seoul were 2 parked black cars,  headlights shining in the middle of the grassy land. The two fathers stood there in the middle about to discuss what was going to happen.

"They know," Baekhyun said nervously as he looked up at Chanyeol's equally worried face. Chanyeol looked into his sad eyes and sighed deeply.

"We have to do something, I have 2 days left," he said remembering his original mission.

Baekhyun pulled his gun out and was trying to hand it to Chanyeol. The tall man looked at it confused "You have to kill me," Baekhyun told him, his voice shaking.

Chanyeol shook his head and slapped the gun out of his hand. "No! There are other ways Baek," he said with his voice starting to rise.

Baekhyun took a step back and gripped his hair "Then what do you expect me to do!" He yelled. Chanyeol walked up closer and put his hand on Baekhyun's.

"Do you remember all the times where we would think about pulling a coup?"

Baekhyun looked at him in shock , a coup? Could they really take down an entire company of highly trained assassins? "There's no way we would ever be able to pull that off, I mean yeah... I know we've thought about it but we would never be able to go through with it," Baekhyun said, stumbling over his words.

"We've come with perfect plan. If there's anybody out there that can take Boss down... It's you," he said pointing down at the city. Baekhyun looked down at the city below him, there was no way they could pull this off.

"Chanyeol, you were always the better fighter," Baekhyun laughed. Chanyeol chucked in response.

"Only because of you."

They stood there in silence for a moment, they knew that either Chanyeol kill Baekhyun or they take down Exodus all together. Chanyeol took a deep breath and cupped Baekhyun's face "I can't lose you again...I just got you back, he admitted, turning his gaze away.

Baekhyun's heart skipped a beat "Back?" He repeated.

"I love you Baekhyun, I never stopped loving you. I will stop at nothing to protect you," he spoke.

"I-I love you too," he finally admitted and said it for the other man to hear. Chanyeol leaned in and placed a firm kiss on Baekhyun's soft lips. "We will take him down," he said as they pulled away.

"Together?"

"Together."

~+~

How was it?! So that's the turning point in the story!