You Made a Really Deep Cut

Band-Aids Don't Fix Bullet Holes

Sorry for the long wait~ I can't believe we're almost to 900 subscribers! Thank you all so much for reading my baby!

~*~

May 6th 12:44 PM Outside Sehun's School

We've been sitting here for hours,” Kris complained as he slumped down in the drivers seat of his black Mercedes. Chanyeol sat next to him, eyes looking through the binoculars in his rough hands. The pair's car was placed on the side of the street, next to Sehun's school. Papers were placed on Chanyeol's black jeans clad lap. Blue prints, schedule, faculty, students, everything he needed to see him.

Come on?” he whispered, looking at the door to the playground.

Enlighten me... why are we here?” Kris asked, fixing his icy blond hair in the rear view mirror.

I have to meet him, I have to be here to pick up the pieces,” Chanyeol said, not taking his eyes off the doors. Sehun was scheduled to have recess at 12:45... it was 12:44, his heart slowly began to beat faster with anticipation. Kris on the other hand rolled his eyes, Chanyeol didn't understand. 'Stupid,' he thought.

The doors opened, children flooded out the doors with bright smiles on their faces. Their dark blue and white uniforms about to get dirty from the sand. After the main rush of children, he saw Sehun walk out with another boy, slightly shorter than him. Chanyeol smiled “That's him!” he said excitedly, one hand leaving the binoculars to hit his friend in the chest to get his attention.

What the hell!” Kris exclaimed, clutching his chest. Chanyeol handed Kris the binoculars and pointed to Sehun and Luhan playing on the monkey bars.

That's him, the one with the longer face,” Chanyeol said, pointing excitedly. Kris looked at the two boys and smiled slightly.

Well... he does look like you,” he laughed, handing back the binoculars. “Whats the next step?”

I have to get in the school,” Chanyeol explained, shifting into his seat to get comfortable.

Kris rubbed his aching forehead “How the hell are you going to manage that... let me paint you a picture!” Kris sat up straight and glared down at the slumped figure beside him.

There is no way in hell you are going to get inside that building without someone alerting Baekhyun about a strange man going inside his sons school!” Kris tried to explain it to him, his voice rising with each word until he was fully yelling.

Chanyeol rolled his head over to look at Kris “Are you done?” he asked in a calm voice. Kris leaned back into the seat and nodded. “Good, call me if something happens I'm going to wait by his classroom.” Chanyeol calmly got out of the car and made sure the coast was clear before he started to walk towards the front of the building.

Once inside, Chanyeol noticed the girl at the front desk and smirked 'manipulative' he thought as he approached the mahogany desk. The girl with the soft brown hair, curls framing her face beautifully looked up and smiled warmly at the man that approached her.

Hello! Can I help you?” she asked, flashing her bright smile. Chanyeol looked at the golden name plate 'Jessica' it read.

Yes, I'm here to drop off some medication for the boy I'm babysitting, Byun Sehun” he said, putting an orange pill bottle on top of the desk for her to see. Jessica raised a polished eyebrow as she looked at the bottle curiously.

His father never mentioned any medication?” she questioned.

Yeah, Baekhyun asked if I would turn in the papers from the doctor for him. Poor kid is allergic to grass, we found out a few days ago,” Chanyeol lied, acting on point. The woman's face softened believing Chanyeol's sincerity.

Oh my, poor Sehun. You can go ahead and drop it off with his teacher, they should be back frown recess soon,” she said, checking her rose gold watch.

Thank you so much, Jessica, I'll be quick,” he flashed a large smile and headed for the light down double doors that lead to the rest of the school. With his back turned, he pushed open the door and smirked slyly, almost there. “305,” he whispered to himself as he looked at the directory on the wall, of all the time to be bad at directions.

Outside the school, Kris watched what was happening outside halfheartedly, the other half wanting to go home. His large hands fiddled with the rope of his gray hoodie as he sighed heavily. He finally took a glance up and noticed a slender man walk across the street with a brown paper bag in his hand. “Holy ,” Kris said to himself, it was Baekhyun. “, , , , ,” he muttered quickly as he rushed to find his cell phone 'SOS!!!!! ABORT MISISON BAEKHYUN IS HERE' he texted in all caps.

There was nothing he could do, instead he chewed on his thumb as Baekhyun's body disappear through the front doors of the school. “Check your phone Chanyeol,” he pleaded as he checked his phone.

Hi Jessica,” Baekhyun greeted as he walked up to her, setting Sehun's surprise lunch on the counter. He flipped open the black book and began to sign himself in.

Hey, just in time! Your babysitter just walked in a few minutes ago,” she told him happily, unaware. Baekhyun stopped writing abruptly, ears perking up, he looked up at her in mild shock.

Babysitter?” he questioned.

Yeah, he was dropping of some medicine for Sehun. Sorry about the grass allergy,” she sympathized, resting her palms on the desk.

Oh...yeah, he's okay with it. Um what did he look like? Just curious,” Baekhyun smiled softly, checking his back pocket for his knife.

Tall, he had wavy brown hair, gorgeous smile,” she sighed, a small blush appearing on her cheeks. Baekhyun knew it was Chanyeol, he was gorgeous.

Baekhyun forced out a laugh “That's him, thank you,” he grinned and walked away, leaving the lunch. 'You son of a ,' he thought, as the doors shut behind him, he reached inside his back pocket and grabbed the knife, opening it. He quickly turned the corner and didn't see him, he had to get to Sehun's classroom before Chanyeol did.

He silently and quickly ran towards the classroom, and he turned the corner he saw Chanyeol walking down the hallway, back turned to his ex husband. Baekhyun face turned red with anger, he walked up, knife ready. With one hand he grabbed a handful of Chanyeol's hair forcing him backwards, the other hand holding the knife to his throat.

What the are you going here?” he seethed. Chanyeol's heart rate quickened, how did he know?

I came to see him,” he admitted.

I'm going to slit your throat,” he threatened, holding the knife harder against Chanyeol Adam's apple.

Oh yeah and let our kid see?”

Our? You don't have the right to ing say that.” Chanyeol headbutted Baekhyun, freeing himself from his grasp. In the process, grabbing his gun from his own back pocket. He cocked it and held it up to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun wiped the blood off his nose and pointed the blade at him “You brought a gun into the school?”

Says you...bringing a knife.”

It's for protection...seeing that someone is out to kill me,” he stated, lowering his at the the tall man in front of him. Chanyeol rolled his eyes and put both hands tightly on his gun.

The tension was thick, the two men locked in a hateful gaze. Both with weapons held against each other, someone on the outside would of never known these two were in love once upon a time. The silence was broken with distant chatter and foot steps, their attention turned to the hallway. It was only a matter of time when children would see the men.

Thinking quickly, Baekhyun saw a janitors closet “Get in,” he instructed.

Why?”

Just for once, do what the I say!” he nearly shouted. They lowered their weapons and ran into the small janitorial closet. Baekhyun closed the door and pulled the string overhead to turn on the single and dusty light bulb.

If you're going to kill me do it now,” Baekhyun said, leaning against the cold bricks behind him. Chanyeol did the same, putting his foot on the wall.

I'm not going to kill you, Baek. I just want to meet him,” Chanyeol told him. Baekhyun huffed and rolled his eyes.

No. No way in hell, you have no right.”

No right? I'm his father!”

Are you sure? You were in London for a long time.”

Seriously? You were never like that, I loved you and you did the same,” Chanyeol said lowly.

I don't want him to meet you,” the words stung Chanyeol, his heart started to physically hurt.

Please, Baekhyun let me at least tell him hello.”

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows and got off the wall “Get the hit on me dropped and then I'll consider it,” he growled before angrily leaving the closet.

Chanyeol gripped his hair and keeled over. “ it, I'm going to kill him,” he spat in rage.

Kris minded his own business, reading the sports section in the paper when Chanyeol got back into the car “So how'd it go?” he questioned, feeling the rage that was radiating off his friend.

Well after that son of a held a knife to my throat he told me unless I get the hit taken off him I can't meet my kid,” he growled.

Did you expect it to go smoothly?” Kris questioned, not taking his eyes off from the paper.

I'm going to kill him, I don't give a anymore. That bastard thinks he can deny me the right to see my son? Think again!”

May 6th 3:00 PM

Baekhyun looked through the small rectangular window in the door at his son. Sehun rested his hand against his head as wrote in his workbook, making his dad chuckle. The bell rang causing the kids to cheer and quickly gather their things. Baekhyun took a step back and leaned against the wall as overly excited children flooded the clean hallway. Once Sehun came out of his classroom, Baekhyun smiled and walked up behind him, placing his hand on Sehun's soft hair.

Appa!” Sehun said excitedly as he looked up at him.

Hey, read to go?” he asked.

Sehun nodded and let out a small yawn “Yeah...I want to take a nap, Appa,” Sehun said tiredly as he leaned against his father as they walked.


 

May 6th 6:23 PM

That night Baekhyun watched his son from across the table. The boy looked sad as he pushed the Brussels sprout on his plate with his chop stick. Baekhyun was concerned, dinner was always Sehun's favorite part of the day. He had noticed a difference in Sehun's behavior ever since they'd gotten back from the school.

"Is something wrong?" Baekhyun asked, breaking the silence in the small dining room. Sehun looked up quickly and flashed a large yet fake smile.

"Of course Appa," Sehun answered him before going back to his dinner. Baekhyun bit his lip...he wasn't ready for deep talks with his child.

"Sehun..." he began, "I need to know if there's something wrong. Did something happen at school?" He questioned. Sehun looked back up and shrugged. Baek mentally smiled, he narrowed it down a little. "You can tell me anything Sehun," he stated with a reassuring smite.

Sehun took in a few deep breaths, he knew his father didn't like talking about the subject he was about to bring up. Whenever he heard Junmyeon and Baekhyun talk about it, his father would always get angry "Who's my other father?" He asked.

Baekhyun's eyes widened, he never asked bout Chanyeol. He hesitated with an answer "What makes you ask that?" He asked him, placing both hands on the table. Sehun started to get nervous. He got odd of his chair and silently walked into the other room.

Once Sehun was out of sight, Baekhyun sunk in his chair and covered his eyes with his long and delicate hands. "," he whispered to himself. The door soon opened and the worried man sat straight up in his seat.

Sehun stood next to him and handed him a bright blue sheet of paper. "My teacher wants us to make a family tree...I know everything about your side." Sehun looked up at him with pleading eyes. "But nothing about...my father,"he finished, his voice was quiet.

Baekhyun looked at the paper, his dark eyes taking in the image of the tree then back at his son, his heart breaking for the young one. "Sehun... your father..." Baekhyun struggled to find the words. Sehun started to look up with hope.

"I don't want to talk about him...it's time for bed," Baekhyun said lowly, standing up from the table, putting the paper on the table. Leaving Sehun alone in the dining room, Baekhyun clenched his fist not knowing if he was angry or sad.

May 6th 10:08 PM Outside

Chanyeol crouched against the wood of the outside of Baekhyun's house, gun in hand. He swears he's going to finish the job. He cocked the small hand gun and made his move towards the large screen doors that to Baekhyun's kitchen.

"No feelings... just shoot him," he said to himself as he started to slowly walk. Turning a corner he looked up, seeing that all the lights were turned off in the windows up stairs. He looked straight ahead and saw the glow of the kitchen lights. He knew Baekhyun had to be in there.

He quickly yet carefully made his way up to the sliding doors. Chanyeol raised an eyebrow...the curtains were wide open. 'Easy target,' he thought. His tough fingers gripped the gun tightly, he stood in front of the glass. He was ready to fire...but there was no Baekhyun.

A look of confusion dawned on the face of the assassin. He examined the kitchen... everything looked clean, nothing out of order. Baekhyun liked order and cleanliness. His eyes scanned the counter top...and dark green bottle of wine stood there underneath the four spotlights over looking the counter top.

Chanyeol's eyes widened, he started to panic. Wine and Baekhyun weren't a good mix, Baekhyun was good with alcohol, but when it comes to wine he's very careless and a danger to himself.

"Oh ," he said and put the safety on his gun before putting it inside his thigh holster. He hurriedly opened the screen door but abruptly stopped moving. One one hand this was a perfect opportunity to shoot him, he wouldn't be in the proper state of mind. Yet on the other hand he's seen what it can do to him.

"Why am I such a good person?" He groaned as he quietly walked over to the counter. He picked up the bottle and swirled it... there was only a quarter of the bottle left. Chanyeol knew this wasn't good. Now the question was, where is Baekhyun?

He sat the bottle back down and walked over behind the counter. That's were he found his former lover, sitting with his back against a cabinet, empty wine glass in his hand. He looked motionless at the floor, his messy brown hair and puffy eyes apparent.

"Baek," Chanyeol called quietly, trying to get his attention. Like a zombie, Baekhyun's head slowly began to rise. The tall man's heart started to beat quickly, unknowing what reaction he was going to get. Baekhyun looked to face him. His eyes filled with rage, the alcohol induced glow of his skin blended with the tears.

"You," he seethed, his mouth foaming ever so slightly. Like an animal stalking his prey, he got up and reached for the bottle of wine.

"Baekhyun you've had to much to drink... stop this," he warned, reaching for his gun. Baekhyun started to chuckle, he brought the bottle up to his lips, drinking the rest of the wine.

He wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his long sleeved dark green shirt and looked over at Chanyeol. Baekhyun took the bottle by the neck and smashed it against the counter, half of the bottle breaking...he made his own weapon.

"Put it down, you don't know what you're doing," Chanyeol told him, cocking the gun. Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows and pointed the jagged wine bottle at him.

"This is all your Goddamn fault," he growled, walking closer. Chanyeol took a step back, gun pointed at Baekhyun's chest. The sound of Baekhyun's angered breathing sent shivers down Chanyeol's spine, he was genuinely afraid of Baekhyun.

What is my fault?”

You showed your face in Rome! You came back!” Baekhyun screamed, slicing Chanyeol's hand, making him drop the gun. Chanyeol gasped and clutched his bleeding hand to his chest. “If it wasn't for you he wouldn't be asking questions, I had everything handled!”

This was getting out of control, Chanyeol fought against the pain and reached up, grabbing Baekhyun's wrist, slamming it against the wall “Let go!” Chanyeol yelled. Baekhyun snapped out of the anger and dropped the bottle, letting it crash on the wood floor. His anger turned into sadness as he started to cry.

I hate you,” Baekhyun whimpered as he broke out of Chanyeol's grasp and started to desperately punch at Chanyeol's bloody chest.

Baekhyun you're drunk...please stop this,” Chanyeol told him, bringing him in for a tight hug. Baekhyun fought back for several seconds before passing out from the alcohol. Chanyeol caught him and picked him up bridal style. He looked down at Baekhyun's limp body and shook his head. He should of known better.

After climbing the stairs, Chanyeol found Baekhyun's room and carefully layed him in the bed. He covered the man up with the blanket and began to walk away, a hand grasped Chanyeol's wrist. “Stay,” a weak voice muttered. Chanyeol's face softened, looking back down at him.

With a heavy sigh he responded “I'll be back, go to sleep.” Baekhyun released and cuddled up in the warm blankets. Chanyeol left the bedroom and entered the connected bathroom to doctor his cut.

He looked at the crimson blood that was still running down his arm. Turning on the faucet he stuck his hand underneath the cool water, gently at the faint sting. With his other hand he opened the medicine cabinet, taking out the things to bandage his hand. He took his hand out of the water and looked at it 'No need for stitches,' he thought to himself.

Successfully wrapping his cut he went back into the bedroom, taking a seat in the chair that was against the wall across from the bed. He looked at how the moonlight illuminated Baekhyun's puffy face 'Why do you do this to me?'

~*~

I hope you all liked it! Please subcribe, comment and upvote if you liked it!