ID#:E0011207, Park Chanyeol

Band-Aids Don't Fix Bullet Holes

Hey everyone! A huge thank you to everyone who has subscribed so far! I love you for that. Here is the first chapter.

~+~

April 24th, 12:08 AM, skyscraper somewhere in Seoul.

Park Chanyeol let out a steady breath as he positioned his rifle out of the open window, closing one eye. His target was one of the aids to the Emperor of Japan turned dirty. He had to be eliminated.  ‘One shot to the head…easy,’ the 34-year-old thought to himself. He looked down at his watch, he should be out any moment. Chanyeol took a seat on a dark green crate behind his gun and picked at the loose strings of his leather jacket.

He was focused, this case was a small one compared to the people he killed and the jobs he went on. What he hated the most was the waiting game, he just wanted to kill the guy and go home. Oh, and partner,  can’t forget the thing that makes Chanyeol tick the most.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

That sound made him twitch with annoyance, his new partner, Lightning; real name was Chen… a low-level guy learning his craft. With a deadpan glare, he looked behind him, annoyed by the constant crunching of the chip bag. Lighting spun around in the office chair; chips in hand. He reached is hand in the bag again and loudly pulled a hand full out, stuffing his face. The annoyed black haired man sat up straight, pulling his gun from his holster.

“I swear to God, if you take one more bite, I will shoot you right now,” Chanyeol growled, cocking his gun.  Chen’s face went pale, Chanyeol could see the color change in then dim light, he silently laughed to himself. Chen quickly dropped the bag on the carpet floor in fear of being shot. Chanyeol put the gun away and checked his watch again, the guy was about to come out of the building across the street.

“Now I see why you can’t have a partner,” Chen huffed, folding his arms across his chest. Chanyeol growled.

“Can’t? I work alone… they know this. They never ing listen to me,” he hissed, complaining about the Company.

“Didn’t you work with that one dead guy before?” Chen wondered. That struck a chord with Chanyeol. He grabbed the gun and fired it right next to his head, piercing the faux leather of the chair. Chen’s eyes went wide and looked at the man holding the smoking gun.

“Don’t ever mention that again, or I will blow your brains out,” he threatened, standing up. He checked the window and saw his target walking out of the building 30 stories below the two hitmen. He quickly got behind him and aimed for the old man’s head.

He breathed in carefully placing his index over the trigger, he closed one eye and fired. The bullet pierced through the man’s head, displaying thick stands of blood before he toppled over onto the cement. Chanyeol smirked at his accomplishment as he stepped away from the rifle.

Below, two figures walked out from the shadows, quickly running up to the dead man. They were the cleanup crew, it was now a matter of time before the Royals find out.

 “We need to get out. Now,” Chanyeol told Chen, wiping the small sweat beads from his eyebrow. Chanyeol was fast, he knew the risks if he stayed at the scene too long, this was something Chen didn’t understand.

“Why? Job well done, can’t we relax?” he asked, ruffling his short light brown hair. Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he packed up his weapons. Chen watched the man across from work, he never stood in the same spot for more than 3 seconds. The nerves were radiating off of him, it started to make Chen nervous himself.

Chanyeol draped the rifles case over his shoulder and looked back at Chen “In a matter of seconds the Yakuza will be notified and will be more than happy to shoot us in cold blood, so no, we can’t ‘relax’ Lightning,” Chanyeol said quickly before giving the case to Chen.

The two men ran quickly out of the room and navigated their way through the long, barely lit hallways. Chanyeol’s dark eyes scanned the rooms, looking for the easiest way to get out. He abruptly stopped, his chest rising and falling harshly. The elevator…or the stairs. No, the stairs. He took out his gun and motioned for Chen to follow him, he cautiously opened the door and held his gun firmly in front of him, preparing for the worst.

Thankfully there was nothing, they were able to descend the stairs and out the back door in record time. Chanyeol looked behind him and didn’t see Chen behind him. He stomped his foot on the ground and sighed “Lightning?” he whispered. No answer, he walked back inside and saw Chen on the stairs, looking like he had seen a ghost. “What the hell? Come on,” Chanyeol whined.

“Are there people out there?” he asked.

“No… we have to go or they will find us.”

Chen hesitantly climbed down the steps, one by one “Oh my God! Hurry the up,” Chanyeol yelled, making Chen go faster. Once both men were out of the building they took off running towards their company’s front.

SM Entertainment was merely a cover for what really goes down, at night the leading entertainment company turns into Exodus where highly trained assassins kill elite people that threaten their country.  Lee Soo Man was the one in charge, a ruthless man, to the workers he was just known as Boss.

They entered the building and swiftly walked along the marble floor, agents posed as janitors gave knowing nods. Chanyeol walked up to an ordinary door that would lead to the basement and pressed his palm against the glowing rectangle. After scanning his palm, out from the wall appeared a camera.

“Name?” an automatic female voice asked. Chanyeol coughed and spoke.

“Fire.”

“ID number?”

“E0011207.”

“Access granted.” The door opened, revealing a high-tech underground.

“I’ll give the status report, go put the gun back…good work Lightning,” Chanyeol gave a small smile and walked away.

Chen’s face appeared brighter “Thank you!” he said loudly, bouncing off towards the illuminated hallway towards the weapons room. 

Chanyeol stuck his hands inside is jeans pockets and walked towards Boss’ office. His eyes wandered off towards the training room, his mind starting to become filled with past memories of him. ‘Stop, he’s safe,’ he thought to himself. He shook his head, damn that room, damn this whole place. Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrowed in deep thought.

“Fire?” he was brought out of his trance by his best friend on the inside and out of the company. His code name is Galaxy, a tall man with ash blonde hair looked at him concerned. On the outside he was known as Kris, he was confident like Chanyeol but didn’t know how to dial it down, nearly getting him shot on multiple occasions

“What?” Chanyeol sighed as he stopped walking.

“How’d the job go?” he asked.

“Come and find out,” Chanyeol smirked, Kris chuckled and followed his friend. Kris opened the glass door that leads to the office of their leader. The old man stood in front of his desk with his hands pressed against the wood and a sadistic smile on his face.

“Fire, I received the photos of your victim. Clean shot, that’s what I expect from the best in my company,” he praised. Chanyeol’s nerves instantly calmed, it meant life or death if we would have made a mistake.

“Thank you, Sir. The job was easy to accomplish,” he stated as he looked up at the big screen television beside him, displaying the photos ‘Nice,’ he thought.

“And how was Lightning?” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, Boss had been trying for years to set him up with another partner…he wasn’t having it.

“I know this Boss, I don’t want another partner. Lightning was great to work with. I refuse to work with someone else,” he told him sternly, anger beginning to rise.

“I’m just trying to make sure that I keep you safe,” Boss reminded.

“I can handle myself.”

“Are you sure, that stab wound wasn’t pretty last year.” Chanyeol twitched with annoyance.

‘You set me up with a newbie,’ he thought bitterly.

“No. Partners,” Chanyeol growled before storming out of his office, Kris following in suit.

If this was a cartoon, Chanyeol would be on fire with how angry he was, his code fits him well. He flies off the handle whenever someone mentions working with a partner. He couldn’t hear Kris calling his name as he walked in front of the training room.

There he saw a boy messing around with a bow. His eyes widened.

“What are you doing?” a younger Chanyeol asked as he cleaned one of the training knives. There in front of him was going to be the most important person in his life.

“Shooting,” The shorter male answered as he grabbed an arrow from the quiver. Chanyeol looked at the scrawny man, no way was he good with a bow.

“Any good?” Chanyeol asked arrogantly. The man could sense the arrogance coming off of Chanyeol. He smirked and positioned himself, raising the bow. Ways away was a dummy ridden with countless slash marks.

The man’s slender fingers clenched the arrow before taking a breath, he let go. The arrow plunged into the dummy right between the eyes. He looked at Chanyeol with a smirk. The dumbfounded one looked at the dummy and then back at him.

“Who are you?” Chanyeol asked he had to know this guy’s name. The boy put down the bow and started to walk away.

“The Light,” he answered, leaving Chanyeol stunned.

“Earth to Fire, hello,” Kris broke him out of his flashback, shaking his arm. Chanyeol wiped away the lone tear and walked away again. Kris huffed and grabbed Chanyeol’s arm, not letting him get away.

“No partners? What’s your issue?” 

Chanyeol pulled his arm away “I don’t do back story,” he told him.

“I’ve been your best friend for 7 years, you owe me,” Kris said, trying to keep his voice low so no one would hear. Chanyeol gave it a long thought.

“I’ll text you,” he said slowly before walking away.

The sun had begun to rise by the time Chanyeol arrived at his large apartment in Gangnam. He kicked off his shoes and gave his dog a loving pat on the head. He needed a nap. He slowly made his way up the wood staircase… back cracking with every step. He let out a firm groan when he reached the final step.

He walked into his room and jumped on the soft bed that had awaited him. His fingers lingered on the soft blue blanket, he wanted to wrap himself up in it and never come out. He looked over at his side table and looked at the lone framed photo. It was a picture, a wedding picture to be exact.

Chanyeol rolled over and picked up a chain lying next to the photo, attached was a silver wedding band. He looked at himself in the picture, oh how he loved the man standing next to him.

“I love you Baekhyun,” he whispered, putting on the chain that was given to him by his now ex-husband.  He fiddled with the ring as he closed his eyes and prepared for sleep.

~+~

So what did you think?! I hope you all liked it. Next chapter we see how Baekhyun is doing.  Please subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked it!