chapter 4

Let Me Be Your Drug

No One POV;

 

 

“So…?” Sunny suddenly leaning against the desk when Taeyeon doing his ‘part-time-job’ in the pub.

 

 

“What so…?” Taeyeon didn’t want to talk with Sunny, cause he know Sunny will having a conversation about Taeyeon and his girl.

 

 

“You know what I mean, Taeyeon…”

 

 

“I don’t wanna talk about it, if I know what you mean. So, get your lazy work a little bit here…” Taeyeon still didn’t want to see Sunny’s face, instead he kept getting busier himself a lot making a drink for his lots of customers from the other desk.

 

 

Sunny know what it means, nothing happened last night, again, he thought.

 

 

“Anyway, if you don’t wanna talk about it, then, I hope you won’t forget about our meeting, an hour after this…”

 

 

Taeyeon giving a long sigh before speak again, “Okay, okay, I know… Just, help me here, then we go there after…”

 

 

 

 

 

Not long after an hour Sunny, Jiyoung and Taeyeon waiting for their target, Donghae arrived with his car. He picked three of them, and told them to come meet up with their ‘new boss’.

 

 

“You guys lied to us…” Donghae suddenly said in the middle of their way to Taecyon palace.

 

 

Three of them who’s sitting at the back sit, looked to each other, scared that their identity will be revealed.

 

 

“About, what…?” Taeyeon spoke, but his hand, ready with his gun to shot whenever his target make a big move towards them.

 

 

“You guys  once, were a criminal… How wonderful your life…!” Donghae said, happy that he finally make his boss proud for his job, finding another good minion for him.

 

 

“Owh, yeah… You finally know it…?” Sunny purposely asked a question, and that’s make their plan went so smooth, and very well, for this moment. He immediately told Taeyeon took down his gun with physical move.

 

 

“Sunny, your name was indeed cute, but I can’t believe, you started to stole a car around age 15…?! Jiyoung, the youngest among three of you… But, you almost makes me jealous of you… You were just few years ago got out from juvenile, because you’re one of the trusted minion for the most wanted drug dealer around Asia, just at your age 13? That’s my late little brother’s age to be exactly now…” Donghae was so excited to told them for what he and Sungmin found during they were investigated about these three midget fake criminal through Son Hoyeong.

 

 

“And you, Kim Taeyeon…” he eyeing Taeyeon from the car mirror.

 

 

“You were one of those greatest, awesome, outstanding killer… Actually, we can’t find any reason why you wanted to killed those innocence people; man, woman, even kids… And, how you got escaped from cops…”

 

 

Taeyeon didn’t know that their chief will giving them such a very ‘awesome’ profile for them to check it out, especially him. He still thinking, yet giving Donghae his killer eye-contact, “You know… Sometimes, we need some other hobby to spend our rest of life…”

 

 

“Wow… You guys great…! So, that’s mean, it’s one of your hobby…? How about now…?”

 

 

“I just getting tired, resting inside the pub…” Taeyeon still with his fake devil eye, but shaken inside.

 

 

“Anyway… We’re here…”

 

 

Few moments having conversation, they didn’t realised that finally they have entered the hidden palace of the most wanted drug dealer, with just those fake profile, fake identity.

 

 

“Donghae, you’re back…” Sungmin said, approaching them, to take a look at the new minion in the bright and steady light.

 

 

The living room filled with those non-suitable called as happy family, even Jessica was sitting at the couch with her mom, to meet their new minion.

 

 

Just a moment they entered the living room, Taeyeon nothing to look but only to Jessica’s eyes. Their eyes contact like it having a conversation.

 

 

“So, this are all my new minion…? Are you ready to serve your life, for my needed, for all my request…?” Taecyon looked serious, without realised that his daughter only paying attention to the guy in the middle between those three midget.

 

 

“As long as you can give, what we want…” Sunny said, with his confident, yet shaky voice, but unnoticed by them.

 

 

“Who is this girl? She’s one of them? Or, she was this drug dealer monster daughter? And, why she’s staring at me?”  thought Taeyeon, still hesitated whether to just smile to her, or to just looked to her father.

 

 

“Gosh… Why my heart beating so fast? He’s not the only man here, but why I have to just look at him? His eyes… I can felt, he really don’t wanna do all this, but why? Why he choose this business with dad being his boss?” this time, Jessica’s thought, who finally turned her eyes to the television.

 

 

“I can give you more than anything you want, as long as you need to do anything I want… Deal…?” Taecyon sudden loud voice makes Jessica stop thinking deeply towards Taeyeon.

 

 

“Fuh…” Taeyeon’s thought, cause he finally can calm down his beating heart.

 

 

“Yeah, of course, anytime you need us. But, on some condition, please…” Jiyoung suddenly bluttered out.

 

 

All of them, including his friends, looking at him weirdly.

 

 

“Wow… Just a minutes I met you, but you make me impressed with your braveness… Tell me…” Taecyon said, can’t wait to heard his new minion words.

 

 

“You know that we’re in term to be a good boy here… We have lots of crime that we have done past then… So, if you please give some sympathy to us, to keep us working our part time job at the pub…”

 

 

“You scared you might got caught again…?” Taecyon teasing them.

 

 

“Let’s just say, we can’t go back there anymore… What do you say, boss… Deal?” Taeyeon playing along with Jiyoung’s sudden suggestion.

 

 

“Great…! Can’t wait to see your performance for your new field here. I hope you guys can make me happy doing your homerun for just on your first try…” Taeyeon giving them a little confident plus teasing words.

 

 

“You guys can take a good rest for your new career tonight. Be in here, tomorrow night, before 10… Got it…?”

 

 

“As you wish…” Taeyeon said, but he’s still getting his chance to giving a short glare to Jessica, who silently did the same thing.

 

 

“Donghae, bring them to the store before you sent them back…”

 

 

“Okay, boss… Come on, guys…”

 

 

Within a minutes, they arrived at the main store’s open door. The other minion, lots of them were in there in every corner of the store, having their work with their white powder.

 

 

“You wanna try some…?” Sori, one of the man there who were on their stage of halucination.

 

 

“No, thanks…” Taeyeon said, resisted.

 

 

“Why not…? I thought, being a killer need something in their vein to get high for doing that job…” Donghae exclaimed.

 

 

“I don’t need that, I’m a pro, man…” he answered, tried so hard to be cool to his new partner-to-be-arrest.

 

 

Three of them given those small gun for just their incase, and they make their way back to the pub to continuing their lying.

 

 

 

 

 

“Dad, who’s that new minion’s name…?” Jessica suddenly asking her father after those three cops vanished from her view.

 

 

“Sunny, Jiyoung, and Taeyeon…” Taecyon answered, but his eyes still sticked to his newspapers.

 

 

“And, what’s the man’s name, at the middle one among them…?”

 

 

“Taeyeon… Why you suddenly interested to my new people? You never asked any of my people’s name before…” Taecyon finally looking to his only one precious child, not an angry stare one, but full of questions stare.

 

 

“I-I just asking, not more than that…” Jessica tried to lying to her father, but somehow, her mother who’s just sitting beside her father, watching television, can sense something fishy.

 

 

Soojin really knew her daughter well. She knew when someone like her daughter’s age saw a cute boy like whom they met just now.

 

 

Actually, this job that she and Taecyon got since they got married almost three decades ago, not on their willing. They were forced being in this job, Soojin and Taecyon’s parents that started all of this.

 

 

But, because they were addicted to be in this job, and drowning because it can make more money than any other job, they still on this, being the most wanted drug dealer that needs to be arrest.

 

 

[flashback;

 

~25 years ago ~

 

 

“Dad,  I don’t wanna do this…! Why you wanted to force me to do what I really don’t wanna be…?!”

 

 

Pak…!!

 

 

A hard and rough swing hand landing to her right cheek.

 

 

“You wanted to disagree for what I wanted you to be…?! You want just being a doctor, rather than being in this job that can make you rich for seconds…?!” her father really mad, with still holding his gun on his right hand.

 

 

“Then, I’d rather be killed by you, than doing this crime that you proudly called as a job…!” she burst her anger. She can’t hold it anymore. Soojin needs to realised her parents.

 

 

“Soojinie, please… Just follow your dad request…” her mom finally interrupted.

 

 

“This is not my request, this is my order, my willing for the best of my daughter life…” her father said in one breath, but his blowing breath can be heard after that.

 

 

“If you’re my father, then you know what’s the best for your daughter… You just give me hopeless life…!” she yelled right onto her father’s face.

 

 

Luckily, not before she will got another swing, her mother stop his intention, and Soojin ran to her room. Fight for her right with her father just wasting her energy and tears. Even she ran away from their house, she knew, her father’s people will found her.

 

 

The next month, Taecyon and Soojin got married. At first, they thought the same decision; wanted to stop all of this and willingly to told the police about their family business. But, as eagerly as their parents who always related making crime all over the country, they stopped their intention, and making worse crime than them.

 

 

As a result, until their daughetr was big enough to protest their business, they still wanted to be this really ‘bright’ income.

 

 

End of flashback]

 

 

That night, Soojin went to Jessica’s room. It’s dark already, since it’s pass 12 o’clock.

 

 

“Can’t sleep…?” Soojin asked, since Jessica still not sleeping yet. She was sitting neared the glass window.

 

 

“Mom…” Jessica was a little bit startled with that sudden hearded voice.

 

 

Soojin approaching her daughter, and looking at her with lots of cares and loves, “I can’t believe that you already old enough to be taken soon…”

 

 

“Mom, what do you mean by that?” Jessica wonder what’s the meaning behind those unknown statement.

 

 

“You like him, don’t you…?”

 

 

“W-what are you talking a-about, mom?” Jessica thought her mom realised about her sudden interested-eye-contact with one of their new minion, and being on that awkward situation just make she stuttered badly.

 

 

“I won’t angry to you, honey… I think, he’s cute too…” Soojin bumped her arm to Jessica’s.

 

 

“Mom…” Jessica’s face became more and more red. She never felt this embarrassed feelings for her 25 years living in this challenging life. It felt so much heart beating.

 

 

“I never see your face so much red as peppers… So, you want me to get his phone number…?” Soojin’s tried to help her precious princess.

 

 

“Mom, come on… It’s such a shame on me if he knows I’m the one who wanted his phone number…”

 

 

“So, it’s true… You like him…!”

 

 

“Yes-No… Mom…!”

 

 

Both of them became immersed with their new topic to having their conversation. That was the longest ever that that two mom and daughter having their conversation for the first time.

 

 

They didn’t even noticed that there’s pair of eyes peaking through the unclose Jessica’s door room.

 

 

He’s smiling without her realisation, and somehow he wanted to know Taeyeon even more than their first met. Taecyon just wanted the best for his daughter.

 

 

There’s a hope appeared as he still spying his wife and daughter, he wanted a better life for her. He didn’t want his only child will end up like them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

= sorry guys, if it’s bored on this chapter, but I need to make Jessica’s mother as one of the main cast on this fourth chapter to tell the story about Jessica’s parents past. So, your comment were requested from me. Anyway guys, to tell you the truth, it’s already few months, but I still didn’t dare to hear their last song as a complete SoShi, ‘Divine’… Oh gosh… Guys, believe on them…

 

Next chapter… :

“You know what I mean, Kim Taeyeon… You, your girl, you guys relationship…” *Sunny

“Wow… Taeyeon, I think, our boss daughter likes you…” *Donghae