chapter 16

Let Me Be Your Drug

Both Sunny and Jiyoung looked to each other, their eyes wide open than before. Eventhought they were still surprise with that sudden news, they hurriedly leaving the room and went to the attest room.

 

 

There they saw outside the room, a small figure that they really recognised. She was sitting silently with a thick jacket she weared.

 

 

“Jessica ssi…” called Sunny.

 

 

“S-Sunny ssi…” Jessica said, almost cried again. She didn’t stand up, but kept looking back to the dreary floor.

 

 

“You’re here… What had happened?” Sunny asked, while took his sit beside Jessica, as Jiyoung just stood still infront both of them.

 

 

“My parents… They were, gave in…” she answered with her shaky voice.

 

 

“They will be fine, Jessica ssi, since both of them hold out from this by their own willing…” Sunny said, patted Jessica’s shoulder.

 

 

It was a silent between them over that chaos in the police station.

 

 

“Where you gonna stay this night?” Sunny asked out of sudden, afraid of her safety.

 

 

“I don’t know… But, I need to look for someone right now… My mom said, this person can help me…” she blurtered out.

 

 

“Who?”

 

 

“Lee Soo Man…”

 

 

“I will help you to find him later. But, you need a place to rest for now, Jessica ssi…” Sunny still with his worried feelings towards his best friend’s lover.

 

 

“You can live with me for awhile, if you want…” suddenly, someone interrupted their conversation, Tiffany.

 

 

“Fany-ah…” Sunny said.

 

 

“It’s okay… I will be troubled you… I will find a hotel around here…” Jessica rejected her offer politely.

 

 

“No, Jessica ssi… I need to keep you in safe, cause lots of your parents business partners really wanted to settling of scores towards you, since they know, you’re the daughter of Jung’s family…” Tiffany stated.

 

 

“It’s okay, Fany-ah… I can take care of her…” Sunny afore said to Tiffany. He scared, Tiffany might find out that Jessica was Taeyeon’s girlfriend, the one she started to like. She must be dissapointed and sad with it.

 

 

“Yah, Lee Sunkyu ssi… You want her then to live at your house? No way, she will stay at my house, until you help her find out who is Lee Soo Man…” Tiffany disclosed the conversation. She actually heard their whole conversation just now.

 

 

Sunny can’t reject her. She always be the victor when they entered their mouth battle.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You want to drink? Coffee? Cappuccino? Soju?” Tiffany asked, after both of them arrived at Tiffany’s house.

 

 

“No, thank you… I just, need some rest…” Jessica snitch.

 

 

“Okay, then… Come on, let me take you to your room…” Tiffany said, and walk with Jessica to the told room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Taeyeon… You have your time after you close your restaurant?” Sunny asked, once JeTi were out from the police station, and he immediately called Taeyeon.

 

 

“Well, if it’s important, I can make my time for our congregate…” Taeyeon uttered.

 

 

“Good then… Call me if you’re done. It’s really, superb, very and indeed an important news for you to know…” Sunny told him with lots of jumpy heart, but makes Taeyeon chuckled because of it.

 

 

“Okay, Sunny-ah… See you in an hour…” Taeyeon informed him, and ended the conversation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, what’s your important news to tell me?” Taeyeon started their conversation as soon as they met at the nearer bar.

 

 

“It’s… It’s about her…” he stuttered.

 

 

“Sunny-ah… It’s okay… I’ll try my best to forget her, eventhough I’ve tried so hard to find her. Don’t you  worry—“

 

 

“She’s back…”

 

 

“…”

 

 

“Both of her parents hold out just this few hours before we met. And thanks to Eric ssi, she was released from the punishment…”

 

 

“D-did she knows about my resignment…?”

 

 

“She didn’t ask anything about you… Maybe, she still in shock, cause she’s the one who told me, her parents gave in to the cops…”

 

 

“…”

 

 

“You want to meet her?”

 

 

“No… Not for now… I’m not ready yet to meet her…”

 

 

“But, I thought, you’re the one who really wanna meet her…”

 

 

“…”

 

 

Suddenly, Sunny’s phone ringing, and he immediately picked up the phone, “Y-yeah, babe…?”

 

 

“Where are you? Don’t tell me you forgot about our dinner night…” Seo Hyun said, with her angry voice.

 

 

“Oh gosh… I’m, I’m so sorry…”

 

 

“Don’t make me wait here longer…” than Seo Hyun ended their call.

 

 

“Just go, Sunny-ah… I will be fine…”

 

 

“We will talk about this later, I promise…” Sunny uttered, afraid that his best friend might lose control knowing that his lover now in South Korea.

 

 

“Just, go… She might be waiting long for you…”

 

 

With that, the conversation ended up, without even going smooth as what as Sunny want it to be. He’s actually really wanted to tell everything to Taeyeon, but he’s afraid, Seo Hyun might scold him for make her waiting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Today, cross the threshold about four days after Jessica making her comeback to South Korea, with her in-prison parents.

 

 

For Taeyeon, he really wanna meet Jessica, but still can’t go to face her. He’s not ready yet to meet her back, after all the incident happened just a few months ago.

 

 

Just yesterday morning, Jessica met her mother’s friend, Lee Soo Man, by the help from Tiffany and Sunny. He was a chairman of a very wide entertainment company across the Asia, SM Ent. How come he will be that so much success, Jessica never knew.

 

 

All she wanted from him, a little help for both of her parents.

 

 

Thank God, he willingly help her, for he really know who is Choi Soojin back then, rather than herself, her own daughter.

 

 

Jessica also had told everything to Tiffany, and somehow Tiffany a little bit surprised, and at the same time dissapointed for knowing the person infront her was actually Taeyeon’s belonging.

 

 

Suddenly, Taeyeon’s phone ringing, making some of his employee looked at him, who silently entering the deep sigh inside the cup of coffee infront him.

 

 

“Boss, your phone…” Nana said, stopped Taeyeon from kept staring to lifeless thing.

 

 

“O-owh, yeah…” Taeyeon said, and got out from the chaos kitchen. He went to his little office, then picked up the phone, “Yeah…? Who is this…?”

 

 

“Ah… Is this Kim Taeyeon?”

 

 

“Ah… Yeah, speaking…”

 

 

“Taeyeon, it’s me, Tiffany…”

 

 

“Owh, Stephanie ssi…”

 

 

Tiffany let out her cute chuckled, that somehow makes Taeyeon smile by himself. It’s not that he likes Tiffany that way, but he remembered how he teasing Jessica the same way like that. He continued, “What can I help you?”

 

 

“You have your leisure time tonight?”

 

 

“I will make it up, since you invited me out of sudden…”

 

 

“Great… I’ll bring someone too, my friend. Meet us at Whimsy Pub…”

 

 

Taeyeon a little bit startled, it was the pub where he, Sunny and Jiyoung ‘worked’ before, “Owh… Okay, then…”

 

 

“Okay, Taeyeon… See you later…”

 

 

“See ya…”

 

 

After the call ended, Taeyeon back to stared nowhere inside his office room, but this time, he remembered back his precious memory with his lover at the pub. He was too happy back then with Jessica. He really missing her a lot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Over here…!” Tiffany called Taeyeon to their sit.

 

 

“Sorry, I’m a little bit late… The traffic jam really—“ Taeyeon stopped talking when he saw someone that he longing to meet after almost three months without knowing her condition.

 

 

Taeyeon still standing at the middle infront all three of them. Silent, awkward, surprised. Every feelings started to hit them, especially both Taeyeon and Jessica.

 

 

Their eyes met, having it’s own conversation that Tiffany and Sunny couldn’t understand at all.

 

 

“Taeyeon-ah, h-have a sit first…” Sunny a little bit worried that Taeyeon will know he’s the one who planned their meeting.

 

 

Taeyeon slowly took his sit beside Tiffany, still kept silent. He didn’t even looked up to see what’s infront him, too awkward.

 

 

“Taeyeon-ah… Jessica ssi… I want both of you, to discuss about you guys… I don’t want you to make things more unclear between you two…” Sunny opened his mouth.

 

 

“Tiffany, come on…” Sunny said, then both of Jessica and Taeyeon lefted by Sunny and Tiffany.

 

 

Jessica and Taeyeon still didn’t say anything, but they kept stole a glance towards each other. When their eyes met, an awkward smile appeared from their face.

 

 

“So…?” they said, almost unionly, making Jessica chuckled. She still remembered the awkward moment during their first conversation inside Taeyeon’s car.

 

 

“I heard, about your parents…” Taeyeon started first.

 

 

“Yeah… You heard it right, if Sunny ssi told you…”

 

 

“I’m sorry…” Taeyeon looked directly to Jessica.

 

 

“You’re done nothing, Taengoo—I-I mean, Taeyeon… Sorry…”

 

 

“I miss you…”

 

 

“W-what…?”

 

 

“I miss you, Sica… So much… I’ve been looking for you. But, seems like your parents don’t want us to be together...”

 

 

“Taeyeon-ah… How much I tried to live without you, it’s useless… I miss you too, I love you, and it never fade away…”

 

 

Taeyeon grabbed Jessica’s right hand that she purposely placed it at the side of her cup, he holding it firmly with his soft hand, “Promise me one thing… Never going to oversea, ever again…”

 

 

“Hahaha… I won’t, dork…” Jessica said, while tightening their holding hands as her tears slowly dropped to her cheek.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Tiffany…?” Sunny called her, when Tiffany just kept silent when they’re on the way to Tiffany’s house.

 

 

“Y-yeah, oppa…?”

 

 

“You’re okay…?”

 

 

“Why you’re asking a random question to me? I have no problem at work place, except few of them really makes me stress…” she answered, half jokingly.

 

 

“You know what I mean…” Sunny said, with his serious voice, but still looked directly to the road.

 

 

“What are you talking about? I’m fine, Sunny oppa…”

 

 

“I know you like him… Taeyeon…”

 

 

Tiffany looked to Sunny, how come he knows about this, she thought.

 

 

“You know… You came to his life, at the wrong time… You broke your heart, because of him, but one day, you will find someone who can cure it… You will find someone who better than him, to make your life complete… Maybe, he’s not the one who you love, but he will love you more than you know… Just, move on… That’s all I can say to you…” Sunny giving her a long speech.

 

 

Tiffany couldn’t believe the most ert and dorky person she ever know this whole years, was her cousin. He giving her a good advice, that makes her smile for that.

 

 

“Thank you, oppa… Thank you so much…”

 

 

Sunny quite this time, but smile for her words. He don’t know if his words can make her heal. But, one thing for sure, he knows Tiffany felt so dissapointed with TaengSic love story.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Donghae, you sure you wanna do this…? There’s a 50-50 of consequences we will get arrest… No, 95-5…” Sungmin asked his ‘best partner ever’ about their plan for a hundred times.

 

 

“You said, you want to be with me to kill her…?” Donghae asked, but still looking to the known figure inside the pub.

 

 

“He continued, “Don’t you remember who changed our boss mind? She…”

 

 

Sungmin can felt Donghae’s anger. It’s been a week they started to plan to kill their boss’s daughter. They really hate Jessica for so many reason. Donghae knows, they will get arrest if they still continue their plan, moreover now Jessica back again with her boyfriend, Taeyeon.

 

 

“If I have to kill both of them, I will… I don’t care who’s dead, who’s not, since both of them really makes my life miserable right now… As long as I can take my revenge…” Donghae uttered, lower almost like a whisper towards Sungmin.

 

 

For Sungmin, he can’t do anything to stopped his friend, cause if he did, he’s the one who being killed first.

 

 

“Let’s take a break for them… Come on…” Donghae ordered, then walked out from the pub followed by Sungmin to their unknown main destination.

 

 

 

 

 

 

That morning, was indeed a great started morning for both of Taeyeon and Jessica. If someone knows what’s happened last night at Taeyeon’s house, they will shocked with both of these two latter did.

 

 

Taeyeon facing Jessica who hugged him from his back, and looked to the sleeping ice princess of him. He was hesitated to touch Jessica’s stomach for he already have been told there’s another heart beating inside her.

 

 

How proud he was when it’s belonging to him and Jessica only. Taeyeon was confident and sure, Jessica really told him the truth, that all these passing moment, Jessica struggled for wanted to meet him, and told about their baby.

 

 

Suddenly, he can felt Jessica started to wake from her sleep, and moved closer towards him when she realised Taeyeon’s hand rubbing softly on her stomach.

 

 

“Good morning, seobang…” Jessica said, while hugging the petite figure beside her.

 

 

“Sorry… But last night was one of the best night of ours…” Taeyeon said, with his ert smirks.

 

 

“Yeah… And you’re so ert with that naughty hands…”

 

 

“I’m only ert towards you… Only you…” Taeyeon murmured, then kissed Jessica’s forehead.

 

 

“I’m glad you still waiting for me, seobang-ah… Thank you, thank you so much for still accepting me…”

 

 

“You’re my first, Sica… And always be…”

 

 

Both of them really missed towards each other’s warm embrace, and still laying on their bed eventhought it’s almost 8.30 in the morning. At that time also, Taeyeon supposed to opened his restaurant, or to be correctly, an hour before that.

 

 

All of his workers already waiting for him, since the key with him. When Taeyeon looked to his clock at the desk, he hurriedly moved from the bed. “Oh… My… God…!”

 

 

“Why…? What happened, Taengoo-ah…?” Jessica asked, worriedly, since she saw her little midget running to the toilet without telling her anything.

 

 

“I’m suppose to open my restaurant an hour before…!” told Taeyeon louder inside the bathroom.

 

 

Jessica just chuckled with her seobang’s scared mood. She then moved from the bed as well to prepared a breakfast for them with just wearing Taeyeon’s shirt, since she likes Taeyeon’s sweet body smell.

 

 

Few minutes later, Taeyeon finished took his bath, and saw Jessica nowhere inside his room. He then was smiled widely when saw she was preparing a sandwich and a cup of coffee for him.

 

 

“Ah, seobang… Sorry, just this for you… Your refrigerator looks so empty, but luckily I found this… No wonder you look so skinny… But muscular, still…” she told Taeyeon, but whispered her last line, didn’t want him to heard her.

 

 

“Sorry… Since me just living here, I didn’t bought lots of food, scared it might be expire because of me…” Taeyeon approaching Jessica, and back hug her.

 

 

“But, since I already have someone right now, I need to buy a lot of groceries for us… And for this…” Taeyeon said, while touching her stomach.

 

 

“Being cheesy, huh? come one, eat now, or your workers will run away…” Jessica said, tried to hide her blushing face.

 

 

“Owh, god… See? I forgot about them again… I blame it on you…” Taeyeon hurriedly eat the sandwhich made by his beloved person, Jessica.

 

 

“Can I go with you today…? It must be boring time for me not seeing you this whole day…”

 

 

“You can… But, after you refresh yourself…” Taeyeon said, kissed Jessica’s right cheek.

 

 

“Wait for me…” Jessica said, then immediately went back to upstairs.

 

 

Taeyeon immediately called one of his workers, “Danny hyung, sorry… I was woke up late…”

 

 

“Boss, we’re at the other restaurant infront ours right now… You need to pay for us for this, then… You never late, except us before this…” Danny said, jokingly.

 

 

“Deal… Just wait for me for a little bit moment… Don’t run away…”

 

 

“Hahaha… Yes, boss…!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next chapter… :

“Yeah… I need a lot of cute underwear too…” *Jessica

“Are you serious? It’s really awesome to see you will get marry, Taeyeon-ah… Wow… My friend really can’t wait anymore, huh?” *Sunny

“Who do you think I will kill first, Sungmin? Wanna take a bet?” *Donghae