Chapter 3

Alright, Deal

 

Amber’s POV

 

 

Krystal and I would probably walk to the ends of the world and back for each other, this has already been established.

 

It did not at all mean that we didn’t disagree on things or fought.

 

Jesus Christ Mother Mary and Joseph did we fight a lot. 

 

And it always stems from us not seeing eye to eye on something.

 

“I’m not doing it.”

 

 

 

 

Like now for example.

 

Krystal groaned and heavily plopped down on the changing room bench like the true drama queen she is. I bit back a chuckle at her fondness for theatrics while trying to buckle my shoulder pads and get into my tights at the same time. I hated these things with every fiber in my being. Not only did it improperly accentuate certain 'ASSets' of mine, which usually earned a number of lewd stares from some thirsty as hell girls, but it was also a bloody nuisance to get in and out of because of how tight it is.

 

“But you did say and that you’d do anything to get him to like me.” She stated.

 

I held up a finger, turning around to face her in all of my half- glory. 

 

“If you recall, I did not say anything and only offered my batting services as a method of persuasion. There were no promises of anything.” I asserted, still trying to multitask with the assembling of my football uniform.

 

She didn’t reply for a moment before coughing lightly, “Babe, I’m sorry but I can’t take you seriously with your pants hanging around your ankles.” She said and motioned for me to pull my pants up while she fixed my shoulder pads, “What do you want? You have to have a price.”

 

“You’re not buying me princess. Jeez, what kind of cheap hoe do you take me for, woman?” 

 

She hit me on the arm, “No shaming. And I’m not buying you, I’m just trying to find a compromise of sorts that will make this more rewarding on both our parts.”

 

I shook my head at how diplomatic she made it sound, when not more than two hours ago had she asked me to be her fake girlfriend right smack in the middle of lunch. Fortunately, our friends were too busy snickering to themselves like a bunch of old ladies to hear her request. I don’t think I could’ve dealt with the amount of verbal chaos our friends would’ve caused if they had caught that.

 

“I need to go for practice, we’ll talk later, okay? Hopefully Kai will fall in love with you by then and we wouldn’t have to go through with your dumb idea.” I mumbled hesitantly, something about that notion didn’t sit right with me. Huh. Must be the obscene amount of food I ate for lunch.

 

“Your fantasy is my fantasy, but no. We talk now or I’ll climb onto your back and stay there until practice ends. How’s that sound?” The shorter girl asked, folding her arms.

 

I shook my head, “Princess, I don’t know why you think this is a good idea. It’s petty and so unlike you.” I said, seeing her momentarily stop with her fiddling of my uniform.

 

“You’re right. But it’s better than the other option of straight up asking him which could end in a possible rejection. I have pride after all,” She said in the most self-important manner she could pull off and that got me to smile a little. She pinched my cheeks at that and I rolled my eyes, “This is simpler, if our ‘relationship’ doesn’t stir a reaction in him, then I’ll know my answer. Case closed, no drama caused.” She said, like it was the most brilliant plan in the world.

 

I narrowed my eyes, “What if the guy is already interested in you but our relationship will deter him from ever asking you out?” Which makes sense. I’m not the type of person who chases after taken girls. It’s tactless and awfully desperate in my opinion.

 

“That’s where you get to play your part.” She said, poking me in the chest.

 

“And being forced to date you isn’t already the brunt of my work?” I asked, earning another a poke from the princess.

 

"He has gym with you, doesn't he?" At my nod she continued, “Get to know him. Talk to him. Talk about me. Then when you guys are all buddy buddy and the the time is right, you tell to him that we’re not working out because we only see each other as best friends blah blah blah. That’s when you start pushing him in my direction.” She explained while I just stared at her, trying to find my best friend amongst all that boy-crazy madness she seemed to have contracted. 

 

“Can’t we do this without having to fake a relationship?” I asked, not finding any of this logical.

 

“No, we need him to envy us. To want what we have, or rather, what you have. Don’t men want what they can’t have?” She asked.

 

I shrugged. I may be a tomboy, if you really wanted to stamp a label on me, but I wouldn't know the answer to know as I find men today to be equally as complicated as women. Must be evolution. 

 

“You really like this guy, don’t you?” I asked her in all seriousness.

 

She looked down to hide the fact that she was red in the face, “I don’t know, is this what it feels like when you start liking someone?” She asked me timidly.

 

I had to refrain myself from cooing at the level of adorable she was exuding at this moment. Shy Krystal was rarer than getting her to do aeygo, which she only did when she wanted something from me……which was ALL the time, basically. 

 

“Well, you do have the symptoms. Trust me, wooing someone is the easy bit. It’s the staying in a relationship part that I always at.” I said and scratched my head, briefly thinking about my past relationships and how most of it ended for more or less the same reasons. Either it being my refusal to make my whole world revolve around them or the more common one of them being jealous of Krystal’s importance in my life.

 

I wonder if Krystal’s future partners will have an issue with me and if so, would she later find someone she loves enough to leave me for? It’s inevitable that we will eventually get married to other people, start out own lives, maybe move far away from each other. Bottom line is that there will come a day when we will part ways and not be together as often as we do now.

 

As soon as I thought that, I quickly shook it out of my mind.

 

Getting way too ahead of myself there.

 

Krystal was looking at me, expecting me to give her a decision. I looked at the clock and realized I was late for practice… what’s new, eh?

 

I sighed, shamefully knowing that I had already agreed the minute she first asked me. Ends of the world and all that. 

 

Plus, it could be my chance to see if Kai deserved to date my princess.

 

“He better be worth it.” 

 

Her body weight on me had me falling against the lockers with a resounding clang in the girls changing room. I almost buckled under the sudden force but managed to hold her squealing form without making both of us fall. 

 

At least she was lighter than Sulli.

 

 

 


 

 

The next morning……

 

 

 

“So…… how does this work?”

 

“Earth to stupid, you’re the one with experience remember?”

 

“Yeah but it’s different this time. People know us as Krystal and Amber, not Krystal and Amber, you know what I mean?”

 

“No I don’t. Now I’m seriously considering finding a more intelligent candidate to fake date me.”

 

“You wouldn’t. Your pride wouldn’t allow you to ask a favor like this to anyone else but me.”

 

Krystal didn’t respond because she knew it was true.

 

I glanced at my watch and noticed we were early for the first time since god knows when. It was all part of the plan to break the news of our ‘courting’. We’d walk in to school blatantly clinging onto each other, more than usual anyway, word will spread like wildfire and by the end of the day, we’ll be branded as a the newest couple at S.M High.

 

That is if we manage to get out of my car before class starts.

 

She faced me and held my hand, “It’ll only be for a few weeks, a month tops. Let’s just get it over with?” 

 

“We gotta lay down some rules first, though.” I said and at her curious glance I elaborated, “Like what’s the limit on how much PDA we need to show. Is tongue a needed accessory?” She blushed bright red at that and smacked me hard on the arm when I started howling with laughter, “It’s a valid question!”

 

“! I’d rather feed Jessica cucumbers again than kiss you."

 

We both stopped short at that, shuddering at the memory of that one incident during our pranking phase when we had snuck a cucumber slice into Jessica's sandwich. If I had any previous doubts about the existence of the devil, Hellsica proved me wrong that day. 

 

Exiting from that horrible memory, I got out of my car and ran over to her side to open her door.

 

"Princess." I smiled gallantly as I held a hand out to her.

 

She returned my smile and daintily placed her hands in mine. 

 

 

 

Meanwhile.......

 

 

Author's POV

 

 

"What the hell are those two old farts doing?" Sulli asked to her two other companions, trying to make out the two figures inside the only Boss 302 Mustang in the parking lot.

 

"Looks like their just talking." Luna murmured, eyes also fixed on the car. It didn't help that the car was tinted as it was hard enough to see pass the glaring sun.

 

"They've been in there for 10 minutes. And don't forget the fact that they're early too." Jackson added.

 

"Yeah what's up with that?" Luna exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air.

 

"This is weird. Something's definitely up." Sulli said.

 

Just then, the driver's door opens and a blur of blonde hair is seen moving towards the passenger seat. Krystal steps out of the car locking hands with the blonde and the pair walks towards the front entrance like they were strutting down the red carpet.

 

Their actions didn't seem out of the ordinary. Not when Krystal leaned a little closer to Amber to kiss her cheek, or even when Amber kissed her again on the top of her head. These little bouts of affection were nothing new to the two. However, everyone felt that there was just something different about them today.

 

"Guys, you think......." Jackson started, eyes following them suspiciously.

 

Sulli, the self-proclaimed Kryber shipper and the one closest to the two best friends, was doubtful. Something was definitely up, but she had a hunch that it's just not in the way that it seems.

 

The two people in question reached the front doors and just before they entered, Krystal faced them with a shy smile, an evident pink hue tinged her cheeks. Amber just winked at them and pulled Krystal closer to her, walking into the school.

 

Luna gasped, solidifying the one thought that was milling through everyone's minds.

   

 

 

"Kryber lives........"

 

 

 


 

 

Amber’s POV

 

 

Maybe this wasn’t such a smart idea.

 

I turned and met a few pairs of eyes that were trained on me, seeing that they quickly looked away. 

 

This has been going on since Krystal and I ‘came out’ to the school this morning. I knew that I had made the mistake of agreeing to this the minute we first stepped through the front doors, hang in hand. The whispers started and then it grew into full out chatter when Krystal let go of my hand to hold me by the waist. There were even some wails which had me looking around confusedly for the sources.

 

The first of the questions started in first period, when a classmate of mine who I've never spoken a word to came up to me and offered me a pat on the back and a thumbs up. Then a bunch of his friends saw this and swarmed my table, congratulating me for finally 'getting up in that'. 

 

Whatever the hell that meant.

 

Some of them were a little less receptive. On my end, I had some boys who openly voiced their their complaints about how of all the eligible male students, why did she have to pick me. It was easy to ignore those as I got that quite often with every girl I’ve dated. However, I was a little concerned when Krystal texted me during second period in caps locks telling me to quote ‘GET YOUR FANGIRLS OFF OF MY CASE.’

 

I knew we would be the talk of the school for awhile, but I never would've imagined that Krystal and I's 'courting' would cause such a reaction.

 

The bell rang for lunch and I didn’t bother racing to the cafeteria like how I normally would, wanting to distance myself from the student body for the time being. 

 

When the last of the students left, I sighed and headed out of the room.

 

I took a step out and yelled comically when someone suddenly jumped on my back and seized my neck. Immediately after recognizing the scent of my shampoo, I gave the person on my back a slap on the side.

 

“Llama’s have very short lifespan’s you brat! Don’t do that!” I said, a little short of breath both from the slight scare and the weight on me.

 

“You’re now both my best friend and my girlfriend so technically you’re my . I can do whatever the hell I want with you,” Her words and breath on my neck was oddly distracting but I answered anyway.

 

“Doesn’t that go both ways? I can now make you cook for me anytime I want,” I thought about the last time she tried to make me something in the kitchen and the hours it took to clean the house. I shook my head, “I take that back. Now get off,” I tried to wriggle her off of me and she dropped down after a playful struggle.

 

When I faced her she had on a sheepish smile, “How was your day so far?”

 

I smirked, “Better than yours I bet.”

 

“God, your crazy stalkers are worse than I thought. No wonder you have so many exes.”

 

“They are noticeably a little more pushy with you. And I will say that out of all my girlfriends, you’re probably way better equipped at handling my ‘crazy stalkers’.” 

 

She rolled her eyes, “Please. I’ve been warding off your fangirls since the fifth grade. I not just well equipped, I have veteran status.” Her arms linked with mine and we walked towards the cafeteria. She looked up at me, “You’re still okay with this though?”

 

“Did I ever have I choice?”

 

“Nope.” I nudged her at that and she sent me a cheeky smile.

 

“Can I get a kiss for all my efforts at least?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Are you buying your own lunch today?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Am I buying it for you?”

 

“Nope.”

 

 

“……..”

 

 

 

“Wait no….... STUPID THAT’S NOT FAIR.”

 

 

 


 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

“Hey Soojung, can we talk for a minute?” Sulli called after Krystal who was jogging ahead of her. She had been trying to find a time the whole day to talk to her and now was a good time since the P.E teacher gave them a free period.

 

Krystal raised an eyebrow at her, not slowing down her pace, “Uh-oh. You only call me by my Korean name when you want to talk about something serious. Am I in trouble?”

 

“No. Maybe a little. I just don’t believe that you just want to get Kai’s attention is all.” 

 

Amber and Krystal were harrassed by their group of friends at lunch about the whole dating thing, as predicted. They were too excited about the fact that they were an item that when the pair clarified about Krystal’s plan, they deflated almost instantly and harrassed them further for getting them riled up the whole morning for nothing.

 

“What else am I doing than wanting to get a guy to like me?”

 

“I don’t know, but there’s something more for sure because we both sure as hell know that Kai already likes you.”

 

Krystal kept silent at that and changed her direction to the bleachers to get some water. 

 

Sulli caught up with her at tried to be less accusatory with her words. Krystal was not the easiest to talk to when it comes to personal things about herself, “You know I’m asking only because I care about you, right?”

 

Given the countless of times they’ve talked about this, Krystal figured that she owed her a little honesty. She owed Sulli that much as the older girl had helped her through a difficult and confusing revelation two years ago.

 

“I know what I’m doing Sulli, don’t worry about me. I just….. I need to be sure about something.” She said softly, the small pendant attached to the necklace that Amber gave her on her thirteenth birthday. The dork had claimed that since she had hit puberty and quote unquote ‘grew a set of important things that might attract unwanted attention’, the necklace symbolized a warning to all the boys that decided to shift their gaze to her chest where it lied, reminding them that there will be an Amber waiting for them with a baseball bat.

 

Krystal giggled at the memory. Her smile slowly faded when she noticed Sulli’s odd look, bringing her back to the reality of the situation. She looked at the taller girl with determined eyes.

 

 

“I just need to be sure.”

 

 

 


 

 

A/N : Sorry no Yulsic in this chapter, I’ll sneak them in in the next one :) I really do appreciate the feedback everybody, I am a closet for comments. It motivates my writing a ton and I get to see what you guys are focusing on more in the story lol.

 

Also, shameless plug but if you're interested, go check out my new kryber fic 'Back to the Future'. 

 

As always, thanks for reading!