Chapter 1

Alright, Deal

 

Amber's POV

 

 

“Sulli…..”

 

“Hyung!” She shrieked and jumped back into my arms. This oversized child clearly does not understand that she is much taller and heavier than me. 

 

I shared a concerned look with Krystal. 

 

‘What the hell?’ We mouthed the same words together.

 

“Hey, could you get off of me for a sec? I can’t process this and breathe at the same time.” 

 

She obeyed and looked at us with bright, wide eyes. 

 

“Uhm… Sulli, what-”

 

“Look, I know this is completely nuts.”

 

“Completely.” I agreed, nodding.

 

However!” Sulli pressed a finger forcefully on my lips, “There is no reason for us to wait until we’re older or much ‘wiser’ to realize that getting married is where we’re going to end up anyway. The both of us have been in love with each other for the longest time.”

 

“One year, actually.” Krystal stated.

 

“11 months, princess. It’s one year next month.” 

 

This time, a whole palm covered my mouth. What was up with these women and stifling my freedom? I’m a grown woman, I can say whatever the hell I damn please! 

 

“What I’m trying to say is that while it’s only been a year since we started dating, we’ve been in love for longer than that. Like you guys.”

 

I sputtered at that, making the girl who held my mouth hostage retract back in disgust. 

 

“What do you mean ‘like us’ Sulli?” Krystal frowned.

 

“Krystal and I are not dating. What’re you implying?” I asked, confused as to how Krystal and I were even remotely in the same boat as them.

 

“I know you’re not dating, I should be the first to know about something like that.” Sulli sent us a knowing look, to which I exchanged an odd look with Krystal. 

 

Krystal retorted, “Yes, we’re not dating, that much is obvious. So what does our non-amorous relationship have anything to do with you getting married?”

 

“Are you kidding me? Your relationship has everything to do with my decision! Do you not realize how many people want what you guys have? The two of you are so inseparable it borders on gag-worthy sometimes. And don’t let me get started on your families either.” 

 

“Then don’t?” Krystal offered sarcastically, earning a pinch to her side.

 

Sulli slung her arms around our shoulders and continued to check off things on her imaginary list, “You’ve lived next door to each other your whole lives, you practically share families, I'm pretty sure you’ve never gone more than a day without hearing the other’s voice, and sometimes you guys do this creepy thing where you know what the other is thinking just by looking at them. I don’t think I want to know what else you guys do together. Point is, you’re already married, just without the benefits. You’ve inspired us to skip the unnecessary years of waiting and just tie the knot!”

 

“Okay, that’s enough. I think the baby needs a nap. Maybe after, you’ll rethink your decision.” I said, disentangling her arms from me. The direction of the topic was getting into sketchy waters for me and I didn't want to dive too deep into it. 

 

Krystal and I?

 

Even the thought of it was ridiculous. Krystal was like the sister I never had or wanted, for that matter. Evil little thing.

 

Sure she grew up to be one of the hottest girl in school (not that I’m keeping count) and sure basically every hormonal teen with eyes wants her in ways that I don’t want to know of (I’m keeping count of that because like I said, she’s my sister. I’ll be damned if just any tom, or harry wanted to try anything funny with her).

 

Regardless of this, I’m just not attracted to her.

 

"No, you don't get it!" Sulli squished Krystal's cheeks in between her palms, staring intensely into confused and slightly terrified eyes, "The kind of bond you have with hyung is rare in this dark, and cold world. There is a reason why everybody assumes you’re secretly dating!”

 

Krystal pried the hands away from her face, “Sulli, please. Stop shipping us because ‘kryber’ will never happen. I don’t date llama’s, well the stupid ones anyway.” I tried to send her my best Jung glare but she didn’t even flinch, “And sweetie, as much as I want to be happy for you… don’t you think you’re just a little too young for marriage?”

 

“Guys, please. As much as I am a big baby, this is a very adult decision I'm making here. I need you to hear me out." She pleaded with us, mainly me because I was the difficult one.

 

I gave her a hard stare for a moment before sighing, nodding at her to say whatever it is she needed to say. While Krystal and I were equals in every sense of the word, Sulli and I had this older sibling/ younger sibling dynamic. Hence, the ‘hyung’ title.

 

“There’s a reason why I’m using you guys as a reference. Krystal, did you do anything when Amber broke up with her last ex?”

 

She shrugged, “If you’re asking me if I skinned the for hurting Amber, then yes, yes I did.”

 

“Amber, what did you do when Krystal had that terrible fever a month ago?”

 

“I skipped school for a week to take care of her. Almost got expelled but, I thought she was going to die.” Krystal slapped me on the arm, but her smile was evident.

 

“Soojungie, what is the last thing that you have to do before you sleep?”

 

“Brush my teeth.”

 

“No, no the last thing.”

 

She thought for a moment before looking at me briefly, “Text Amber goodnight. Or poke her in the face if she’s sleeping over.”

 

“Which brings me to my last question. Amber, when was the last time you slept alone without Krystal?”

 

For reasons unbeknownst to me, I blushed at the question.

 

“God, Sulli. I don’t know, last week?” I answered rather uncomfortably. Where was this giant baby getting at?

 

Sulli nodded, getting the answer she wanted. “Right. Him and I are like you guys, not as teeth-rottingly sweet, but close enough. And you both understand that no love is more solid than yours."

 

I hated that she used the best friend card on us. Granted, those two were best friends first and are arguably the most solid couple I've seen. What I have with Krystal is different though, I can't explain in words but we were very much a part of the other. There isn’t anything that I wouldn't do for that girl.

 

If Minho feels this way about Sulli and vice versa, then I suppose the giant baby has made her point.

 

I looked to Krystal for her opinion. She met my eyes and smiled, “She’s your brother. I’m just waiting for the green light so that we can go squeal together.” Sulli beamed at that and excitedly grabbed hold of the shorter girl’s hand, looking at me with expectant eyes.

 

Rolling my eyes, I waved my hands in assent.

 

‘I’M GETTING MARRIED!”

 

 

 

And squeal they did.

 


 


 

 

The music in my car was turned down and I faced Krystal questioningly.

 

She was staring in front with a contemplative look, a look I knew to only appear when she had something brewing in that impenetrable head of hers. 

 

A minute passed before she finally spoke up, “We're not too attached to each other, are we? I mean, inappropriately so?"

 

I chuckled at how matter-of-fact that sounded. For a minute there I feared that my self-assured best friend was starting to care about what people thought of her.

 

"Krystal, I've known you even before you learned your first word. Not to mention, we've been living next door to each other our whole lives. So no, I think out attachment is warranted," I faced her fully when I stopped at a red light,"Why? You gonna divorce me, woman?"

 

She looked me and traced my face, "Not yet, I still need your money and I didn't get a prenup."

 

"Lies. We're both rich." I mumbled, tucking a strand of loose hair behind her ear, "Seriously, why the question?"

 

She didn't answer and asked me another question, "Would you say that our attachment could garner some attention? Maybe of the jealous kind?" She teetered on the topic carefully, not wanting me to comprehend her meaning. It was futile of course, I could read her as if it was tattooed on her forehead.

 

"You're going somewhere with this and I'm not sure if I'm willing to participate." 

 

People were honking behind me but I turned around and shouted, "Can't you see that my best friend is plotting something evil? I need to shoot it down before happens!"

 

I turned back to see her amused grin, "Just tell me what it is you're planning Jung so that I can sleep at night."

 

She motioned for me to drive, that god damn grin still in place.

 

 

 

"It's nothing..... yet."

 


 


 

 

“The hot one is home!” I announced in an obnoxiously loud voice when I entered my house, flexing my muscles Johnny Bravo style for added effect. 

 

“Aw thanks for the grand entrance, stupid,” Krystal kissed my cheek and skipped towards the living room where the horde awaits. 

 

Pouting my way there, I was suddenly greeted by a force on my back, it’s arms wrapping my neck in a headlock. 

 

“Say it, or I’ll never let go.” A voice whispered menacingly in my ear.

 

I turned my head a little, giving the youngest Jung the best side-glare I could muster, “You’ll have to beat it out of me, punk.”

 

The glare was returned and we just stood there, waiting patiently for the other to back down.

 

A blaring, high-pitched voice that could only belong to one Jessica Jung sounded from the living room, “Kids, stop loitering and get in here! Food is getting cold!”

 

“I’m not a child, woman!” We both shouted and the weight on my back dropped to the floor.

 

“Amber.” The teen looked at me with narrowed eyes. I stood roughly a head taller than him but I could have sworn he was shorter yesterday.

 

“Jonghyun.” I smirked, wondering how the little tyke had grown so fast.

 

“This isn’t over.” He said with a familiar half-smirk, before walking away. 

 

I shook my head as I followed him into the living room. This kid was picking up too much from me. 

 

Another Amber. Jessica is going to have a field day about that.

 

Stepping into the large area, I ruffled my brother's hair on the way to the couch. Key was equally as blonde as I was but that was about the only similarities we had of each other. Jonghyun, who is Key's age, shared more things in common with me. Oddly too, he looked a lot more like me as well. He was almost a carbon copy of myself.

 

It didn't mean I loved my brother any less, as much as he likes to complain that I do.

 

I plopped heavily next to Krystal on the 5-seater, "There's still food left? But Jessica is here." The brunette on my right snorted rather unladylike, burying her head behind my back to hide her laughter. The sound of that laugh was worth it if it meant having to witness the older Jung's deathly glare. Admittedly, I've had one or two nightmares with Jessica having a starring role.

 

"Gone were the days when Amber had a crush on me. I had a free P.A for weeks." Jessica lamented, sighing in remembrance.

 

Krystal's head spun to face me, "You had a crush on Jessica? When the hell was that?"

 

"Ooh, Krystal is jealous. Her llama likes her sister." Jonghyun sniggered with Key.

 

"Liked, you midgets." I corrected, trying to recall as it felt like a million years ago, "I was ten I think, maybe nine. It was like a hundred years ago."

 

"How did I not know about this?" She raised an eyebrow, slightly annoyed by this new information. 

 

"Pretty weird telling your best friend that you like your sister, don't you think? Didn't matter anyway, that lasted no more than a month. Thank God too because it's not easy working for the devil," I emphasized, sticking my tongue out in Jessica's direction. She gave me a face and went back to her phone.

 

My eyes immediately zoned in on the pizza and I was about to grab a slice when Krystal’s hand shot out to smack mine.

 

“Babe, no. Your game is in three weeks. Pizza will make you lethargic." She stated firmly, all the while chewing happily on her own slice.

 

"Yeah babe, pizza will make you lethargic," My little brother mocked from the couch adjacent to us.

 

"It's in three weeks! One pizza won't make me lethargic for three weeks straight," I leaned in only to be smacked again. I sat back and pouted irritably, "Ddunggie pleeeeeaaase," I whined pathetically, holding onto her waist while I nuzzled my face into her hair. 

 

I might have felt her shiver against me but that could be a result of me probably drooling on her at the thought of the pizza sitting on the coffee table.

 

This went on for five seconds until I felt a hard tap to the side of my face. I looked up and saw Krystal holding out her pizza slice. 

 

"You share with me or you get none at all." 

 

I didn't hesitate to chomp down on her bitten end, smiling contentedly at her. She only sighed and wiped the side of my mouth with her thumb.

 

"Pig. Llama pig."

 

It was then that I heard the front door slamming, followed by what sounded like roller bags over two voices. One my brother and the other, a rather familiar female voice.

 

"Look who I brought home!" The ever so handsome Donghae walked into the living room, holding out a hand behind him.

 

"Cousin!" Key jumped up from his seat and ran over to the woman.

 

I stayed seated, but smirked up at her, "Damn cousin, looking good. Almost as good as me."

 

Jessica looked up to meet the eyes of our new guest. For the tiniest of seconds, maybe even briefer than that, she was struck by the beauty before her. 

 

The millisecond moment was gone and she scoffed, her expression displaying clear distaste. 

 

 

 

"Great. It's you."

 


 


 

 

A/N : I've decided to amend things in the last chapter so feel free to reread it as I've changed a quite a lot of it. Llama hasn't realized her feelings for her princess yet. That will gradually and painfully develop…. HEHE.. >:)