picture perfect

What Not to Write {fanfiction tips}

picture perfect —

Now isn’t that just a cliché line right then and there? The answer is yes it is, but this isn’t going to be another drawl chapter about how cliché lines and happenings are/can turn out bad. This is all about graphics. Graphics aren’t necessary but if you request a review from anyone I can bet that they have a slot for grading graphics (if applicable). Graphics include the background and main image, possibly chapter images if you have those but it can also depend on the reviewer.

 

To find a graphic designer you can always look under the tag ‘Graphics’ and see what pops up in the next window. Or you can go directly to the same old sites/shops that you have requested from before. Shops such as Playful Melody or A+ Changjo are good shops. Designers Sensei, L-imaU-niform, Mary517, BangBangVIP, kimxbb, and JaeJoongLove are all great at what they do. 

 

I, myself am not a graphic designer, but I do have GIMP downloaded onto my computer for some absurd reason. One of these days I’ll figure out how to use it, until then I’ll do my best to find a safe, free downloadable Photoshop. I’ve come up dry so far so my graphic designing days have not yet started. All of my posters that I have are from requested shops and individual persons.

 

No matter, I have some tips that might help you with requesting a main image or graphic of some sort. Do your best to find a place that does both backgrounds and main images if you want both instead of going to two different shops to get them both done. Playful Melody does both as does kimxbb, AnniAneasthetic, L-imaU-niform, and JaeJoongLove. I’m not sure about the others though.

 

Never give your graphic designer conflicting themes or colors. If you want a happy poster don’t give them dark colors (i.e. purple). You might have to give them a happier shade of whatever color you favor (i.e. lavender). Romance doesn’t necessarily mean red, especially if the shade of red is dark. Dark red is more a representation of blood or something tragic. Dark shades of blue can also be associated with tragedy. Anything dark is not going to work on a happy poster!

 

If you want quotes on your poster make sure that you specify where you want them. I suggest that the quote have put on a poster be related to the story, or from a chapter even. As long as it relates it’s all good. Graphics can be a major turn off for some people.

 

Making your own graphic is a different story. Never use graphics that aren’t HQ (high quality). If they aren’t HQ their dimensions aren’t as amendable. Blurry images, selcas, previously edited images are no good. It’s really only a smart idea to use HQ images that are taken by professionals. Pictures that cut off limbs are hard to use.

 

For more information about making graphics, because I can’t make one to save my life, go check out the tutorial InDesign by P-makers. On there they'll (the P-makers) give you several sites and resources where you can improve your image making talents. I’ve tried to use their help but they all use some version of Photoshop and I have GIMP. Very rarely do they have tutorials for GIMP. Photoshop may cost money but it is easier to use and is more widely used for image editing. GIMP works just as good (plus it’s free) but there’s a lot of buttons to try and figure out how to use if you’re a noob.