I'm a hater of an imitator

What Not to Write {fanfiction tips}

I'm a hater of an imitator —

If you’ve read my past two ending notes then you know what this is about. Two days ago I was alerted that on a different fan fiction website someone was caught plagiarizing me, Kimi (purichu), and dbskgirl4ever on both Quizilla and Wattpad. If you somehow live underneath a rock and have no clue what it means to plagiarize, look it up because I’m not going to explain it. As a writer it is almost like there are unspoken rules between all authors. You do not steal the stories of others and claim them as your own. You don’t take anyone’s ideas. You don’t even dare to do anything as disrespectful as that.

 

Earlier on I’ve spoken about ways to get into the proper mood to continue your writing. Later on, I’ll post a whole chapter on how to brainstorm that way you can avoid copying off of someone else. If a story is relatively similar to another, it’s most likely because it’s an overused plot idea or you asked for permission to base your own story off that person. If you were supposedly inspired by someone and you post your own story that mirrors that person’s story, you’re still stealing from them. You’re just changing names and places.

 

Because I can, I’m going to go all the way back to talking about cliché plots. You see, I try and include it in every chapter because cliché stories are getting old. Me even talking about this, to some, may seem a bit cliché in its own way. Without further ado, let me ramble some more about plots that I’m getting sick and tired of seeing—no matter the genre or who writes it.

 

 

Go HERE