"aiiee-yaaaahh! one more thing ..."

What Not to Write {fanfiction tips}

"aiiee-yaaaahh! one more thing ..." —

One thing I dread when I write is after putting up a chapter is seeing a comment that asks what happened because they don't understand. I've said this before in "take two" you have to be careful before you post. I thought I could expand this longer, but it turns out that I can't.

 

Here's a list of things you don't want readers to do below. Just fill it each bullet into the sentence. You don't want readers to ...

  • second guess what happened.
  • ask YOU in a comment what happened.
  • ask anyone in general what happened. That's a no-no. Especially if the person thinks that you explaining it again won't work so (s)he has to go to someone else.
  • have a recap of what happened previously.

 

I know it sounds repetitive, which it kind of is, but that's how some thing stick with some people in their tiny brains to match their IQ's. I had to explain how to conjugate verbs to a junior in Spanish 1 before--I'm only a bit younger; not a junior obviously--and he still didn't get it an hour later. If you have to, pace yourself when updating. If people really like your story, they won't unsubscribe because they don't like your updating speed--unless it is that of a snail.

 


Quote is from "The Adventures of Jackie Chan".