growing pains

What Not to Write {fanfiction tips}

growing pains —

Do yourself a favor and keep a portfolio of what you write. Every single link that I put in this tutorial are what would be referred to as "external links". They are for both of our benefits. They give you further explanations of what I've explained to which you can open it at your own will if you please, without me wasting me time typing it all down again. None of them are pointless either. They all serve some kind of purpose because I'm doing this for your benefit because I already know what I need to improve on and I already know what I'm doing. You on the other hand, I don't know because I'm not you.

There is one reason and one reason alone why I suggested a portfolio. By doing so, you're keeping record of what you've worked on in the past. Every time you write you probably improve in some way or another. I've improved heaps since my first story here on AFF. Sadly, I deleted it on accident because of a mistake I made ... I was just being Onew Condition like--nothing too big. The closest thing I have is a oneshot (work) I did for MusicChibi's challenge.

Improving is hard because when you look at your own current writing, aside from grammar mistakes, you most likely won't catch too many of your own mistakes that other people see. Think of improving your writing like growing pains. They're annoying as hell but they work in the end. Embrace change in your writing that way you can branch out from the skills you have now to wider things that will get you further.

I don't know about you, but when I was in primary school my teachers used to tell me about the Word Choice Walrus. If you can't come up with better words for your writing for vocabulary that looks like you just graduated out of the fifth grade, choose to use a Thesaurus. You can even find an online one, lucky you guys. You won't have to go out and buy one now.