to be or not to be

What Not to Write {fanfiction tips}

to be or not to be —

Guess what this is about? I'll be rambling about none other than roleplaying. For those who don't know to roleplay is to speak and act as a character -- or person -- that you are portraying. It's simple in my opinion but if you haven't been in a roleplay before, it'll be new to you. There are two types of roleplays that you can join -- or non. Roleplay (or roleplaying) is another growing tag on AFF.

 

If you want advice on joining an RP (roleplay) check the newest RP's out there that way you have a better chance of getting your first choice idol. We all know the overrated and underrated idols. In RP's it can be more common for the 'good looking' idols to be taken first, leaving the others to be snatched up by whoever sees the RP next either on accident or on their own leisure.

 

For those wishing to make a RP of their own, be careful. Check the names of other RP's so that your users don't get confused. RP's such as Sixth Sense, The Boys, Paradise, and Bonded 2 Me are all RP's that have unique names so to speak. They also are all rated. If you want to name an RP after a comeback song you have to do it immediately after the song comes out otherwise someone else will snatch it. A lot of RP's aren't in AU -- an alternate universe. They're in which the person you play as is still an idol. The ones that are in AU are a bit more complicated to set up.

 

Bonded 2 Me and the top are the only RP's that are rated that I can think of now that are set in AU. M a c c h i a t o C a f f e is an RP that is not rated and is set in AU. If indeed your RP is in a different setting -- AU -- then do put it somewhere in your forward/description/chapter prior to setting out rules and laying out which idols are available. I think RP's in AU are cooler because they're more unique. War of the Worlds is a new RP that came out recently that is in AU. It's interesting but has a lot of work involved so I would hate to be the admin to that. I have nothing against it -- it just seems like a lot to keep track of if a lot of people end up joining.

 

Once you set up your RP make sure to tell your little followers -- those who sign up -- where it takes place; no scratch that, do that in for the forward/description so they know ahead of time and repeat it in your rules for clarifications if someone passes over it. Most RP's take place on Facebook. I have seen others take place on sites that provide IM -- instant messaging -- like Yahoo!, MSN (Hotmail), and I might've seen one that is in AIM. I don't know how those ones work so don't ask me. I am only in ones that take place in FB. There are even some RP's that are on AFF -- which I find kind of freaky different. 

 

The one thing that about RP's is time zone differences among the people who sign up and are active. Another thing that really ticks me off is when newer RP's come out and the people stop using one account to go for a newer one. It makes them so vacant and less fun to be on. Just be careful of that when looking at how many RP's there are. You can get a general feel of who signs up for these types of things if you ask around a bit or poke around in people's subscriptions.

 

Advice for naming your RP: Check to see if the name is already taken by searching it on AFF. If I got a dime for every time I saw an RP named "The Boys" I'd be able to buy Beast by now. That gives a perfect reason on why naming an RP after a comeback song isn't necessarily a good idea. It'll be overused in a week when a new batch of RP's come out. Another tip -- which may be different for some -- do not overpower your RP name with symbols. They look cool but they waste space and make your title sloppy. Try to cut back on MaKiNg wEiRd typing patterns too. It gives me a headache. You have been cautioned. I would continue by I'm actually logged onto one of my RP accounts now so I have to go so I can pay attention to a game we're playing.

 


Other RP's --

*Please note that I am not insane and am not a part of all of these RP's. I just picked them out randomly because I like their titles. I actually left off one RP that I'm to be joining soon -- such a fail on my part. And I want to join Grunge soon .. Anyway until next time guys. Remember that you can suggest topics in case I get brain dead.