Chapter 20

Broken Family

Hana POV

 

We stop hugging and he wipes my eyes “I know this probably isn't the best time to tell you but….hana I like you “ I stay still not knowing what to do he leans in and kisses me I close my eyes and kiss him back he smiles and breaks the kiss I smile “ I like you too minsuk” he blushes” will you be my girlfriend” I look away and shake my head no he frowns “ why not you just said you liked me “ I look up at him and sigh “ I do like you but somi will kill me if I become your girlfriend “ the bell rings and I stand up “ I'm sorry” I leave minsuk alone and start to walk to my class but I stop the only reason he asked you out is because he pities you I hear the voices in my head and I stop walking he doesn't even like you he is probably in the restroom trying to scrub his lips clean I walk to my locker and grab my backpack I can't go back to class I walk out of school to the nearest bus stop the only place I wanna be right now is with my mom .

Minsuk Pov

I sigh and walk to hana’s classroom i smile and walk inside i see my teacher and she frowns at me “ minsuk your late” i nod my head “ go find a seat” i look around and see somi calling me over and pointing at the empty desk next to her i roll my eyes and go sit next to her “ ok so we have already  assigned you partners” somi smiles at me and whispers in my ear “i hope we are partners” i roll my eyes again and sigh i look around the room then turn to somi “ where is hana ?” she sighs “ don’t worry about her  she isn’t important “ that little girl how dare she say that about hana “ hana is important to me “ i turn and face our teachers.

Hana Pov

I get off the bus and i start to walk uphill. i arrive at the field and smile i walk over to the big tree and sit down i take out my phone and lean against the tree. Green grass ,Green trees, pink flowers everywhere just like i remember .This is the very field my mom died in but yet i have so many good memories here i look around and sigh  

Flash back

me and my mom are playing tag in the field and she is chasing me i smile “ mommy you can’t catch me” she laughs and stops running her face goes blank and i look behind me i see three black cars  around us  i stop smiling and run over to my mom “ mommy what’s happening” she hugs me “ i don’t know sweetheart but it’s gonna be ok” 5 guys dressed in black get out of one of the cars a guy in a white suit gets out of the other car with two behind him. The third car door opens and the korean mafia gets out and my dad runs out over to us the guy in the white suit smiles “ wow Tao you have a beautiful family” my dad looks at me and then pulls out a gun “ Mir call off your guys so that we can talk you don’t wanna do something that you will regret “ Mir just laughs and pulls out a guy too” oh tao it’s a little bit too late for that you thought you could trick me but nobody can and now your family will have to suffer” the mafia pulls out their guns and so does mir’s men i feel a rush of panic go through my mind “ mommy daddy i’m scared” my dad looks at my mom and whispers something into her ear she nods i see a tear roll down her face and she grabs my hand my dad nods back and turns to face mir “ 1...2...3” my mom grabs my hand and starts to run toward the black car that my dad came out of i run with her i repeat to myself everything's gonna be ok mir’s side starts to shoot and so does my dad’s side i hear a big band and look down at my mom i fall to my knees and starts to cry “ Mommy” my dad looks over at us and his whole face goes blank he runs over to us he gets on his knees and my mom smiles at us “ honey take care of our little princess” she turns her face to look at me “ little princess stay strong “ she closes her eyes and i completely lose it my dad starts to cry and picks me up her hands me to sehun “ take her home i will handle this “ the last thing i remember is seeing sehun nod his head and i pass out.

end of flashback

i look through my pictures and stop at the one i’m looking for it is the last picture we took as a whole family i sigh and close my eyes  hi mom it’s me again i miss you alot i slowly start to drift off and i fall asleep. when i wake up it’s night time i pick up my phone and check the time it’s 11:00 i have a ton of miss calls from my dad i sigh and call him  he picks up after the first ring “ zi hana where are you are you ok?” i nod” i’m fine can you come pick me up” he lets out a sigh of relief “ where are you” i look around all i see is blackness i sigh remembering that i have night blindness the field that  i know so well is suddenly unfamiliar to me i hear a wolf howl from a distance and i get scared” i’m at the one field that me and mom used to go to “ he sighs ok i'll be there in 20 minutes don’t go anywhere” he hangs up and i sigh i really didn’t mean to stay this long i hit myself in the head why do i always have to fall asleep i hate the dark especially since i can’t see anything it’s very dangerous thing for me to be in the dark alone. i sigh once again “ hana ….hana there you are” i smile even though i can’t see anything i know it's my dad he picks me up and carries me to the car and drives home.