Chapter 2

Broken Family

When Hana gets home from school, she walks into the living room to find Tao and Sehun sitting on the couch.
“Hey, Sehun." she says and smiles tightly before glaring at her father.
“Hi Hana, how's school?" He returned her cold smile with a warm one.
“it was ok. I don’t really like it, but it's nice to get away from this place.” Tao frowns and looks down at his lap, flinching at the cruel words that came rom what used to be his loving daughter.
"He's a killer you know. He killed my mom and he's probably gonna kill me." She barely even glances at her own father and says the words like it's a fact.
Tao looks up at her with a hard and sure look in his eyes. "I would never kill you Hana I love-" he's cut off by the cold hazel eyes of his beautiful little girl.
"you loved my mom and you still killed her." she snarls and turns on her heel, marching to her room. Tao stands up and walks into the kitchen and Sehun follow him.
“Hey, Tao, she didn’t mean it." Tao looks at Sehun, and then at the floor. Her words echoed in his head and lashed fresh wounds each time.
"We both know she meant every word she said. I just can’t believe that she thinks I’m gonna kill her." he gets him a cup of scotch and sits down at the table.
Sehun sighs, "I'll go talk to her."
He goes up stairs to Hana’s room. Sehun knocks on her door and walks in. She's on her laptop at her desk.
"Hana?"
She turns around and smiles, "hey Sehun. What's up?"
He sighs, "look, I know it’s been hard since your mom died and you think that’s it’s all your dad’s fault, but it’s not right for you to keep blaming your dad for killing your mom. Tao tried everything he could to save your her. He already feels bad that he couldn’t save her and he tries very hard to make you happy and to love him."
she narrows her eyes and the smile vanishes.“Stop making excuses for him.”
His voice starts to raise. “It’s not your dad’s fault! It’s the blackjacks fault they were the ones that kidnapped your mom and killed her your dad was the one who tried to save her so stop making him seem like a murderer! At least give him another chance, ok?"
She stand up, fists clenched at her sides.
"Shut up! Get out of my room!" She screams.
He goes back down stairs and back into the kitchen. Tao is still there at the table Sehun walks up behind him. He places a hand on his old friend's shoulder.
"I should go. Aniyah is waiting for me."
Tao doesn't move, just stares into his now almost empty glass, dark hair shrouding his face. Sehun gives him a worried frown. He grabs his jacket and leaves, sending out a small prayer that things improve.