Chapter 19

Broken Family

Hana Pov

 

I wake up 10 minutes before i usually do, i get out of bed and walk to the restroom and look at myself in the mirror the voices come flooding into my head again

ugly,worthless,nobody wants you.

i sigh and walk away from the mirror i start to get dressed i put on my uniform and put my hair into a bun my alarm goes off and i turn it off grab my phone and backpack. i walk downstairs into the kitchen and look around for my dad but it’s empty “ Dad are you here ?” i get no reply i notice a small note on the counter it says he won't be back until 10 tonight i sigh and grab an apple from the counter and walk into the living room i sit down on the couch and start to eat my apple by myself all alone in this house i never noticed how the house changed since my mom died there isn’t any flowers on the coffee table anymore the walls aren’t bright yellow anymore they don't have any painting on them anymore there isn’t any classical music softly playing in the room anymore i guess dad since mom isn't her  dad changed everything maybe so he wouldn’t be sad but i liked it the way it was i finish eating my apple and throw it away i leave the house and start to walk to school. when i get there i put my backpack away and go to my class i sit down and i see somi out of the corner of my eye she is smirking at me i sigh once again today is gonna be horrible i look around the room at all the happy people they have friends, they have a normal life why can’t i have that. i just want a life like i used to have it seems like everything has fallen apart ever since mom died i zone out for awhile and when i finally get back it’s already lunch time i sigh and wait for the other students to leave the classroom once everyone leaves i get up and walk out of the classroom ready to just walk around the school for the whole lunch period suddenly someone grabs my wrist  and starts to drag me somewhere i look up expecting to see somi but it’s minsuk i gasp and try to get away from me but he just keeps dragging me. he drags me into the library and sits me down in a chair he sits down across from me and traps my legs in between them( there isn't a table in between them it’s just two chairs facing each other )

i stop trying to get away and look up at him he looks...worried about me “ hana what did somi do to you “ i shake my head and try to get away but he grabs my arm i hiss in pain and stop struggling “ hana are you ok “ he lifts up my sleeve and see what somi did to me...and what i did to myself i start to cry he sits there quiet as a mouse then suddenly he points to my arm “d...did you do this to yourself” i slowly nod” i cut myself but i didn't carve the word into my arm...somi did that on saturday” he pulls me into a hug but i lightly push him away “ stop pretending that you care about me i know you don't nobody does” he looks at me with the look of hurt in his eyes “ hana i do care about you, i can't speak for everybody else but to me you are such a good person and everyone should care about you but all that matters to me is you”he pulls me into another hug and this time instead of pushing him away i hug him too.