Coma

This is War
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Coma[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]Lin continued to lay on her hospital bed, lifeless, no signs of improvement, no signs of waking up—at least not now. The doctors and nurses came in periodically to check in to write on their clipboards, change the IV bags, etc. Seungho peered on hopelessly as they did their job always asking when and whether she’d wake up. All he wanted was his true love back, he felt incomplete without Lin. How was he supposed to live without her?

 

“Hyung,” Changsun spoke from the couch he sat at against the wall, a short distant from his friend and the hospital bed. “You can’t continue to live on like this.”

 

“What am I living like?” Seungho hissed as he shifted his body to face his basketball teammate and long time friend. The corner of his mouth tipped up and his eyebrows sank into a disbelieving gaze. “You can’t honestly tell me how to feel unless you’ve been through what I’m going through right now,”

Changsun retrieved himself from saying anything further as he felt like he hit a nerve with his buddy, although, he honestly couldn’t blame him for acting this way. Changsun just wish that there was more that he could contribute to, to make Yang Seungho feel whole again—something that wasn’t along the lines of bringing Lin back to reality because if he could, he would have the moment she fell into a coma.

 

“Baby girl, please wake up,” Seungho begged as he caressed against Lin’s cheek while he sat at the chair that was beside her. “I’m begging you. I miss your voice, and I miss the way you look at me,” Changsun sighed heavily as he gazed on, worried to the extreme for Seungho’s well being. It had only been 2 days; was he going to be like this until Lin wakes up, if she ever will? Only time will tell;

 

“I’m going to go now,” Changsun announced as he rose from the couch and sauntered closer to Seungho, who sat at the chair quietly gazing at a helpless Lin. “Are you going to be okay alone?”

 

“Yes,” Seungho softly sobbed averting his eyes up to peer at his friend. “Leave me here to sulk alone.”

 

“Please don’t talk like that,” Changsun advised as he shrugged his shoulders, worrisome perched on his face. “Chanhyo and Cheolyong are actually at the NICU visiting the baby, and afterwards they’ll be up here for you.”

 

“Yeah, yeah,” Seungho murmured. He pursed his lip and allowed his eyelids to slowly open and close. Much like a mother would to their child when they did something terrible. Changsun shook his head in disapproval as Seungho was acting like a brat and trotted out of the hospital room.

 

 

It had been 30 minutes to an hour after Changsun had left which left Seungho to stare up at the ceiling staring off into space; his mind running wild at 100 miles per minute when suddenly his younger brother Cheolyong and his girlfriend Chanhyo meandered into the room.

 

“Hey, how’s she doing?” Chanhyo questioned, as she walked over and stood by the bedside gazing longingly at her best friend, her heart breaking instantly having to see her lie there…hopelessly.

 

“The same, as you saw her yesterday,” Seungho retorted fixing his position and peered straight at his girlfriend—hooked up to machines, her eyes obviously closed as she was covered in a thin white sheet up to her chest. Seeing her in this situation made him feel useless since there wasn’t much he could do; his heart tugging up against his chest making him writhed in agony from feeling despair.

 

“Oh, look at snappy Seungho hyung.” Cheolyong chastised. “You are really mean, I hope you know that. And you certainly didn’t need to snap at my Chanhyo. She didn’t do anything to you,”

 

“It’s okay, Yongie~” Chanhyo reassured as she crossed her arms. “Seungho oppa is going through a lot right now and he haven’t slept or had an actual meal.”

 

“That doesn’t give him the right to be a ,” Cheolyong hissed. Chanhyo shrugged her shoulders as she ambled to the couch and plopped down. “Anyway, mom and dad texted me and told me to make sure you are eating and slept.”

 

“I clearly haven’t done any of those,” Seungho riposted as he rolled his eyes. Everything and everyone was getting on his last nerves and it was evident to Cheolyong and Chanhyo and possibly all his other friends.

 

“You really need to stop this,” Cheolyong sighed heavily, clearly sick and tired of his brother’s harsh behavior. “I don’t like your bad attitude and you need to take it elsewhere. We understand that you’re going through a lot because Lin noona is lying lifelessly on a hospital bed but that is no way to treat your friends and family who are there for you. And also, you still have a son who needs you.”

 

Seungho huffed, not saying another word. He kept quiet, probably thinking of his actions he conflict

Please log in to read the full chapter