Go Away

This is War
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was a warm and sunny day as it was the first day back to school; the sun was shining bright amongst the students. It was Lin and Seungho’s final year of High school. Like all others seniors, they couldn’t wait to be done and graduate so they could go off to college and live their lives. Today, it was their first day of their senior year as it was Cheolyong’s first day of freshman year; he couldn’t wait because he was now going to school with his ‘childhood’ crush, Chanhyo whom was starting her year as a junior.

 

Seungho and Lin were leaning up against the lockers just as they got their schedules for their classes and waited on the others who were still getting theirs.

 

“What’s your first class, Lin?” Seungho inquired as he gazed at his best friend. She perched her head up from the piece of paper she was looking at and looked at him.

 

“Government,” She sighed heavily. “What about you?”

 

“Calculus,” He sighed in unison with his best friend as they both didn’t enjoy their first class. They exchanged their class schedules with each other as they looked upon it to see if they had any classes together. They had at least 2 classes together; it was better than nothing—classes being foreign language (Chinese) and English with Mr.  Choi Dong-wook.

 

Chanhyo meandered over to Lin and Seungho as she was huffing about her first class. 

 

“Why do I have Pre-Cal as my first class?” She whined. “I don’t want that right when I wake up,” She crossed her arm in disappointment. Lin and Seungho laughed in unison just as Cheolyong sauntered over to them with Dongwoon and Cheondung smiling brightly.

 

“Good morning beautiful people,” Cheondung commented.

 

“Chanhyo-ah,” Seungho sighed. “I feel your pain; I have Calculus as my first period, too.”

 

“I have P.E.,” Cheolyong and Dongwoon beamed happily as they said it at the same time. They seemed to be happy about that, for one, because it was good for them to work out in the morning. Chanhyo slightly hit Cheolyong on his shoulder as he was rubbing it in; anything was better than math for Chanhyo.

 

Cheondung stared into the quad as he saw Yuri walking towards them. He huffed slightly as he turned his head and looked at Seungho. Lin sighed because she knew that Yuri was there for Seungho and she was going to start kissing all up on him. Lin’s feelings towards him were growing deeper and deeper, but she couldn’t do anything about them because he was already dating one of her worst enemies since Yuri called off their friendship, and because Lin was dating Yong Junhyung.

 

“Hey baby,” Yuri smiled, leaning in and giving Seungho a kiss on the lips, as he kissed her back. Lin felt a pint of jealousy hit her.

 

“I’m going to walk to class now,” Lin huffed storming off.

 

“Wait for me, Unnie!” Chanhyo called out running after her.  “Ugh! Why did that bag have to show up? Just ruined my morning even more,” Lin laughed out loud. “Where’s Junhyung anyway?”

 

“Oh, you know him,” Lin spoke, suddenly sighing. “He probably won’t show up until like 3rd period or lunch time.”

 

“That bad ,” Chanhyo laughed. “If he keeps that up, he’s probably not even going to make it to senior year!” Lin shrugged as if it was the truth, but who was she to say something although she was his girlfriend? Just then, as Lin reached the classroom of her 1st period, her phone vibrated in her pocket; immediately taking it out, it was a text message from Junhyung.

 

“Speak of the devil,” Lin said instantly unlocking her phone and opening the text message. Upon reading it, she groaned loudly.

 

“What did he say, Unnie?” Chanhyo asked with curiosity in her tone of voice.

 

“He’s not going to come today, but he wants me to go to his house after school.” Lin answered as she went about texting him back.

 

“Well, what’s wrong with that?”

 

“Seungho and I were supposed to hang out,” Lin shrugged as she stuffed her phone back into her pocket. “Well, the bell is going to ring soon, so get to class.” Chanhyo sighed heavily as she didn’t want to go, but she knew she had to. She waved goodbye to her Unnie, as she slowly walked to her first class; she felt like the first day of school was going to blow.

 

===

 

Upon getting their lunches, they all sat quietly eating their food when suddenly Yoseob came running over drinking his Coke. Seungho chomped on his pizza happily as he stared at him; wondering why he was so damn happy.

 

“I’ve got a new game, so let’s play after school!” Yoseob exclaimed. He was intently only speaking to Cheolyong, Dongwoon, and Cheondung who formed their own video game alliance in the basement of Cheolyong’s house during the summer.

 

“I’m all for it,” Cheolyong smiled widely as he was happy about it.

 

“You guys better finish your homework first,” Seungho scolded his younger brother and his friends finishing up his pizza and wiping his mouth with his napkin.

 

“Yes, hyung,” Cheondung commented.

 

“Cheolyongie pie,” Chanhyo interjected. “You’re going to ditch me for a video game?” She joked. She enjoyed playing mind games with Cheolyong. He instantly pouted.

 

“Noona,” he whined. “I’d never choose video games over you! Do you want to come over and play?”

 

“I was just kidding,” Chanhyo laughed. “I have a lot of homework to do.” She whined. “And it’s only the first day of school. What is this ?”

 

“Tell me about it,” Lin butted in giving her two cents. “I’ve got to write an English essay already about what I want to do when I graduate.”

 

“We can do it together, since we’re still getting together after school, right?” Seungho quirked his eyebrows as he gazed at Lin.

 

“Yeah, sure,” she smiled.

 

===

 

Finally the bell has rung—it was the end of the first day of school. All the kids exited their classrooms in a happy mood that their long school day was finally ov

Please log in to read the full chapter