Better in time

This is War
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Better in time[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]Kikwang sat at the bench for a bit as he had his body leaned down while looking directly at the ground as his hands hung low. He felt defeated, hopeless, that something like this was happening to someone he knew personally. He waited for the surgery for Lin to be over. What was going on in there? His mind running 100 miles per hour as his heart raced. He was scared less for the outcome. He hoped for the best and not the worst, he closed his eyes and began a little prayer circle for himself.

 

“IS SHE OUT OF SURGERY YET?” Seungho screamed out as he rushed over to Kikwang with Chanhyo towing behind. Kikwang lifted his head up and averted his eyes at his Seungho hyung, who looked petrified. He inhaled a deep breath, exhaling it out loudly.

 

“She’s still in there,” he softly replied as he hung his head low once again and ran his fingers through his dark semi long tresses. “Chanhyo, did you happen to call her parents?”

 

“Yeah, they’re on their way.” Chanhyo sighed heavily as she paced back and forth, nervously. Seungho took a seat next to Kikwang as he leaned against the bench and closed his eyes.

 

“How did this happen?” Seungho exasperated. He was frustrated and pondered the thoughts of how and why this would happen, especially to someone like his precious love who was practically one of the nicest people. Who had that much hatred in their heart to do something like this?

 

“I just don’t get it,” He felt defeated as he took off his baseball cap and threw it down on the bench and yanked at his blonde tresses. His tears welled up in his eyes, fighting hard to keep the tears in, his heart tugged hard as he was in agony having to suffer through this. All he wanted was for some good news—that his girlfriend was going to be okay and that the baby was fine. 

--


"We got here as fast as we could," both of Lin's parents said in unison as they ambled close to Chanhyo. "We were stuck in traffic. Have you guys heard any good news whatsoever?" The mother inquired as she crossed her arms, worrisome perched on her porcelain skin. 


"No, not yet," Seungho softly replied. He rose up from the bench as he exhaled heavily. He couldn't take this anymore. He wanted to scream loudly at the world with how angry he felt deep inside of him—his frustrations were sky high.


"How did this happen?" Lin's father sighed laboriously. "AND WHY? What did my daughter do to deserve this?" 


"This world is just filled with cruel people who don’t deserve to live," Chanhyo informed as she gazed her eyes towards her bestie's father and placed one hand on his back, rubbing it gently. He felt some reassurance just then and he tenderly lifted his head and lightly smiled at Bae Chanhyo. The mother nodded her head vigorously as she agreed. This world they lived in was sure cruel to have done something like this... She couldn't believe it, her one and only child.


===

 

Everyone had got sent to the waiting room to wait, as all of Lin’s friends slowly started piling in to visit. Hours of waiting felt like an eternity for them.


"How come we haven't heard anything?" Cheolyong asked softly, worrisome perched in his tone of voice. Chanhyo who sat beside him sighed stiffly as she shrugged her shoulders. 


"This is an outrage, if you ask me," Seungho replied as he stood from his seat—stretching himself out. 


"What if—" Hyunseung suddenly spoke up but stopped himself mid-sentence as he didn't

Please log in to read the full chapter