Chapter Seven

The Second Change (Hiatus)

Just got back my examinations' results. It wasn't very well done. Have to say that I'm not in a good mood now but for my readers and wonderful subscribers, I'll just endure a chapter of The Second Change for you. I'll try to update Nil but I won't update Regret at all. Sorry!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jang Eunna lay on the bed, still and unmoving. Her breathing was even; like those of which who were deep asleep. Her eyelids were closed every so gently, that she appeared dead at first. Her slightly long hair was spread out below her head. She actually looked angelic when she slept.

Lee Taemin, a born vampire, sat in the chair next to his younger sister's bed. He was the son of Eunna's mother and another vampire. A vampire that Taemin himself never knew. He gazed softly at his younger sister's peaceful face and smiled inwardly. He rarely showed his emotions since he had grown up, rather difficultly.

Yes, like Heechul and Jonghyun, Taemin was an aristocrat. No one knew who his father was but Taemin never tried to find out. There was no point, as Taemin had always stated. Why would he bother searching for a father when he had his own family? It would be ridiculous to leave his loving and caring family just to search for someone who merely played a part in his birth.

An alarm somewhere at the back of Taemin's mind went off. Taemin stood up from the chair silently and turned to the door. His eyes were narrowed then, he sat back down. The door opened and in strolled Heechul and Jonghyun. "How was it?" Taemin asked, looking at Eunna now.

"We left it to Hyunseung and the council of BEAST." Jonghyun said airily.

Taemin blinked. "We're to tell you and Shinhye that you both can bring the princess down when she's ready." Heechul added on. Taemin sighed and looked up at his brothers. He opened his mouth to speak then thought better of it and kept silent. "What is it?" Heechul urged.

"I'll tell you the problem when Hyunseung returns." Taemin turned back to his sister. 

"Is she alright?" Jonghyun asked carefully. Taemin nodded without removing his gaze from Eunna. "I...I think that they're coming back today." He said hesitantly.

Taemin didn't react. Another ringing went off in the back of Taemin's minds, as it went off in Heechul and Jonghyun's back of their minds as well. The three turned to the door then Taemin turned back, trusting that his older step-brothers would protect him if it was some unwanted stranger.

"Hyunseung's back." Jonghyun announced after a short while. "He's with the council." He paused and opened the door. "Not all of the council. Only Doojoon, Junhyung and Kikwang." He said, looking out.

Hyunseung walked straight towards the open door and walked past Jonghyun, a strained smile on his face. "Is she alright yet?" Hyunseung asked worriedly.

Taemin lifelessly stared at Eunna. "She's fine." He said. "Just tired and exhausted and...lost." He whispered the last word softly. He turned around and stared at Jonghyun. "I've got something to tell you all. Jonghyun-hyung, they're back." He said it as softly as he could.

Taemin's words registered in Jonghyun's mind slowly. When he realized what Taemin had just said, he turned and left the room. Heechul spared Taemin a glance which said; 'We'll talk later.' before he chased after Jonghyun. 

Hyunseung eyed Taemin. "We're all related in one way or another by Eunna's mother and Eunna herself. Eunna's mother was one of the strongest vampires in history. Yet, she risked her life for her best friend and died as a result...." Hyunseung said.

Taemin didn't react to that. Hyunseung had been Eunna's mother and Eunna's father twin, a born vampire's, son. The adults' matters were complicated as things always were when it involved Eunna's mother. The woman so mysterious, no one knew the right things about her.

Hyunseung walked to Taemin's shoulder. "Are they really back? You and Jong's friends...." He trailed off. It was a sensitive matter to the two boys. Taemin looked up to his hyung with sad eyes and nodded. "Hang in there, alright, we'll be right here with you both." He reassured.

"Thanks, hyung." Taemin choked out, eyes filling with tears of gratitude. 

"It's cool." Hyunseung suavely replied. A flicker of movement from the side of Hyunseung's eyes made him snap around and stare; straight into the eyes of another vampire. He hissed out loud involuntarily at the sudden image before him.

Taemin turned around and stared at the intruder. Kikwang, Doojoon and Junhyung were at the door in an instant, wondering who the intruder was. 'He could always get past the alarms...And if he's here...That means that the other two would be here as well... Jonghyun won't be happy.' Taemin thought to himself.

"Do forgive me, Hyunseung-hyung. I had absolutely no intention of scaring you at all. Council of BEAST, it's nice to see you again. But, the one we came for, Taeminnie. You're not yourself anymore, are you?" The strange vampire smiled smoothly. His hair was slightly flat and it was dyed light brown. 

No one said anything after that. Then, suddenly, Eunna's eyes shot open, eyes blood red, and she was screaming out like her soul was being drawn out of her body.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone can guess who the vampire was? (: Try guessing~
Oh, and you can all take guesses at why Eunna's reaction was like this!

To my readers; thanks for spending your time reading this! I really appreciate it! (:

P.S. Was this a long chapter? O: