Chapter Sixteen

The Second Change (Hiatus)

"Wait. Do you even know what these necklaces does?" Shinhye asked as she stared at her own. The wolf by her side nudged her side. "Hush now, Shenna." The wolf continued to annoy Shinhye. "What do you want, Shenna?!" Shinhye turned to her wolf at last and gasped.

The wolf's eyes were blood red. "What's going on? All the wolves' eyes are..." Seolgi asked in fear.

"Again, this is not our area of expertise." Haemi said calmly. "Eunna knows best on them. But..." She trailed off. 

'Now.' A voice whispered in Ryeowook's mind. 'The wolves are giving you the signal.'

"I have something to ask." Ryeowook said suddenly, surprising even himself. The wolves quietened. Their eyes slowly started to turn back to whatever color their eyes were originally supposed to be. "Who is Lee Haemi and who is Im Shinhye?"

"I am Haemi." Haemi said. "What of me do you require my assistance?" Ryeowook stepped forward towards her and the wolves parted. Everyone stared in awe. No one, aside from the girls, had ever made the wolves react this way. Ryeowook looked at the ring on his finger and removed it and placed it gently in Haemi's hand. "This is..." She trailed off. Then, she looked up and smiled softly at Ryeowook. "The she-vampire is Shinhye." She said, using the old fashioned way of calling female vampires.

Ryeowook turned to Shinhye, who stared at Haemi. "It's nice to meet you, Shinhye." Ryeowook smiled at her and her alone. All of a sudden, Shinhye felt this sensation and then everyone else apart from Ryeowook and her vanished. formed the word, 'What' but Ryeowook was looking around. "This is..." He closed his eyes and reopened them. "This is not the real world. Anything is possible here." He said softly.

"Why do you know my name?" Shinhye asked coldly. 

"I was sent to search for you." Ryeowook replied airily. "She should be here soon." He said. "You understand the way of the prophecies and yet you know not of your own's."

"I am a vampire, hunter." Shinhye said. "Vampires are not permitted to know of their own prophecies. But you are allowed because it was written in such a way that only you can understand it, am I not right?"

"You are very much wrong." Ryeowook stated. "Soul-mates share the same prophecy." He stated. "You are an aristocrat. A vampire aristocrat. And you do not know this little piece of information?"

Shinhye did not say anything in reply. She was silent. A figure clothes in white appeared. She was different from the one Ryeowook saw before but he knew instantly who she was. Shinhye's mother. 'Shinhye...' The woman spoke.

"Mother...?!" Shinhye gasped. "Why are you..." She glanced to Ryeowook who had tilted his head forward in respect. "What is the meaning of this? Did you meet with the hunter?" She spat out with venom.

The woman glowed with light. 'Daughter.' She chided gently. 'You should be more careful with your words.' Shinhye gasped as her mother approached her. 

"You never spoke to me. You never cared for me. Why are you making it so different and difficult for me now?" Shinhye asked, tears forming.

'I loved you in such a way that cannot be expressed merely through words and actions. Yet, I acted. For you. I should not be here. But I am, for you, my beloved daughter. You are the one spoken in the prophecy. You are the one.' The bearer of light smiled. 'This boy here, he is the one for you. You feisty little thing, you were always so against everything. He can calm you, can he not?'

"I am not someone to be calmed easily by a hunter!" Shinhye snapped. "I was brought up to hate hunters. They killed all my close vampire friends. All of them. I was alone."

"You're wrong." Ryeowook said softly. 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M WRONG? I SAW THEM DIE RIGHT BEFORE MY VERY EYES!" Shinhye shouted at him. He didn't flinch. He didn't shout back. He didn't do anything. He just stood there, letting her shout at him.

"They never did." Ryeowook said. "The Hunters have not killed any vampires in fifty years." Ryeowook stated. 

"How would you know that?" Shinhye scoffed, her anger calming slowly after Ryeowook spoke.

"I'm the nephew of the head. What makes you think I won't know it?" Ryeowook raised an eyebrow. "I'm not a pathetic hunter who is ignorant, like you. I don't run around accusing people of what I never did. Don't you dare accuse me of doing anything because of what I am. I am this because of your race. But did I go around accusing the vampires? No. Instead, I run from the foundation to help you. To return the ring. To deliver the prophecy."

Shinhye felt her emotions acting up. She wouldn't have that. 'Daughter, you know that he is right. You can't say anything against that because he is right. He calms you. He brings out the you which you sealed away.' The woman said calmly.

"Your time runs out. Shinhye, this is the time to tell your mother what you've wanted to tell her for years." Ryeowook urged. "This is your only chance."

Shinhye glanced at Ryeowook. She looked at the barely visible form of her mother. "Mother, I..." She began and glanced at Ryeowook again, who nodded encouragingly. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

'I know, my dear.' The woman smiled. She floated to Shinhye and hugged her softly. 'Know that I will love you forever. Kim Ryeowook, please look after my daughter.' She looked at Ryeowook and then vanished totally.

The whole room came back. Shinhye and Ryeowook were both standing at the same places. Everyone was staring at them. "What do you want Shinhye for?" Seolgi asked harshly.

Ryeowook blinked and then frowned. Shinhye glanced at Seolgi and smiled reassuringly. "Don't worry too much about it, Seolgi. We've got it settled already."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAY! Second chapter today! (: Be happy!

The things are not making any sense now. ): I'm sorry. I'll try to explain it. In time.

Thanks for reading and comments are greatly appreciated!