Chapter One

The Second Change (Hiatus)

The meeting was filled with tension, even before the four princes stepped in. The hidden door, leading the most secret chambers of the four leaders, opened into the meeting room. Yang Yoseob, the youngest of the four, stepped out first. A hush grew on the vampires as he glided to his throne. The other three appeared as well and sat on their own thrones. The hidden door slid shut.

The assembly of vampires all stood up and bowed deeply. Lee Hyukjae, otherwise called Eunhyuk, spoke in a distant and calm tone, “Rise and be seated.” The assembly did as told and sat down on the benches behind them. “What’s the problem?” He asked.

Kangin, otherwise known as Kim Youngwoon, stood up and said in a nervous but calm tone, his voice deep, “There appear to be a rising case of humans seeing a vampire with four other humans. Many rumors have speculated but we aren’t sure. So far, all the scouts we have dispatched have been unable to find the group of five.”

“And you bring this case to us?” Yoseob asked coldly. “You could have settled this yourself, Kangin.” Yoseob narrowed his eyes. “Or were you unable to?”

“Sir, that’s not the only thing troubling us.” Kangin bit his lip. He was thankful that the one who intimidated the other vampires less spoke first. Yoseob looked questioningly at Kangin’s statement. “The vampires in charge of that area, they’re dead. There wasn’t any explanation for their deaths.”

“How do you know if they’re dead or not?” Yoseob asked. “Is their maker present here now?”

Kangin seemed to fidget. “Sir, I was their maker.” He bowed his head. Yoseob raised an eyebrow. “There was no warning, I heard their last screams and that was it."

"Approach the thrones." Eunhyuk said calmly. Kangin nodded stiffly and approached the thrones. Lee Sungmin, the one with the strongest mind power, flitted off his throne and touched Kangin’s forehead. His eyes closed and a few seconds later, he released his hold on Kangin. He flew backwards and sat back down on his throne. “You may return to your place.” Eunhyuk said. Kangin unsteadily moved to his seat and sat down.               

“Are there any other problems you wish to raise here?” Yoseob asked. A female vampire raised her hand. “You may rise and speak.”

She rose, grace falling off her easily. “I would like to speak about the matter Kangin-ssi has spoken about.” She paused then added, “The first matter Kangin-ssi has raised.” Yoseob and Eunhyuk both nodded. 

“You may begin.” Yoseob prompted when she didn’t say anything else.                

“I’m the girl that was seen often with the four humans.” She stated simply. Her eyes were light and laced with darkness.

Cho Kyuhyun, the last of the four vampire leaders, opened his mouth and mouthed something. Instantly, the other three leaders reacted, hissing. “You’ve been walking by darkness.” Sungmin narrowed his eyes.

“I have not been walking by darkness.” She replied. “My name is Im Shinhye and I’m not the only female vampire ever born into my family.” She smiled. “I didn’t shine or stand out in anyway. I was shunned by my own clansmen; my own parents.” She paused. “I befriended four girls. They lived right next door to me. They know what I am.”

“You revealed yourself to humans?” Kangin hissed in shock. The other vampires were staring at Shinhye like she was venom. "You're an aristocrat!" He added. Aristocrats didn't show themselves to humans. It was normally their servants or people lower than them who did that.

“That’s right, I did.” Shinhye smiled. “I’m just warning you, council, and princes, I don’t treat kindly to people trespassing on my turf. If I catch any more of those pesky vampires scouting around my perimeter, I will not hesitate to kill.” Then she curtsied and glided out of the room.

“We will have our men to kill her immediately.” Lee Kikwang bowed. He was part of the vampire elites. 

“No,” Kyuhyun shook his head. “You will do no harm to an aristocrat. She’s valued dangerously if her parents shunned her.” He stood up and instantly everyone in the room was on their feet. “Eunhyuk, Yoseob, wrap this up for us.” Sungmin had also risen. “We will discuss this further in our quarters and send out the announcement of what will happen to Im Shinhye.”

Kyuhyun and Sungmin went to their hidden entrance and left the meeting room. The vampires sat back down. Eunhyuk nodded and then spoke, “You will all do as the female has requested. We cannot afford loss of our kind. Kikwang, you will investigate on her friends, without going into her perimeter, is this clear? She is not one to be underestimated.”

“May I have a say in this, sir?” Jessica Jung, a blonde vampire, with startling beauty asked. Eunhyuk nodded and she rose to her feet delicately, and gracefully as Shinhye did. “I am not a born vampire, like my brother was, but I do believe that my younger sister and I would wish to approach Shinhye.”

“Why would you do that?” Yoseob cut in before protests could be raised.

“Shinhye is a born vampire, but she is also female. She has befriended humans. We are made vampires, forced changed from human to vampire. Shinhye’s dwellings and her new friends are from our human home.” Jessica explained. “If there is a chance, I wish to know that my friends from before are doing well. We were as close as sisters.”

This time round, no one spoke but the tension in the room had tightened tremendously. “No.” Eunhyuk ordered softly. Jessica stared rebelliously back at Eunhyuk. “No, we cannot take that chance. You are a vampire. You will throw your memories away.”

“My memories are the only thing that is keeping me sane in this world.” Jessica hissed. Her hands clenched into fists, showing the extreme whites of her knuckles, being already pale. “You cannot take my memories away from me.”

“Then hold onto your memories.” Yoseob whispered. “Do nothing else but treasure them. Your memories are what made you; to take them away is to take your person away.”

“I understand.” Jessica looked down and she sat slowly.

Eunhyuk stood up and everyone except Jessica stood up. Eunhyuk glided back through the secret door and into his chambers. Yoseob smoothly stood up and glided back but paused at the doorway, “This meeting is dismissed and done with.” With that, he vanished inside, the door sliding shut behind him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica's role in the story will be revealed later~

You'll also find out about why Eunhyuk's so against vampires meeting people back in their 'human' lives.

I'm not really sure how many people are going to appear yet so yeah. I'm not done with the story at all. HAHAS. This isn't really edited yet but when it is, I'll tell you all! :D

I wish for comments! Thanks for spending the time to read!