Chapter Eighteen

The Second Change (Hiatus)

The ten vampires fought crazily with Moonlight, who singlehandedly and courageously stalled them. Finally, Bimaize appeared with Angeline, the princesses on the unicorns. The sixth-sense boy was cute, Eunna thought.

"Eunna, finally...We've..." Haemi gasped but trailed off, staring into the distance. "What are those things..." She was horrified.

"Turned hunters." Eunna replied. She eyed the boy. "Aren't you a hunter? What are you doing here?" 

"My name is Kim Ryeowook. I am indeed a hunter, but that's in the real world, is it not?" Ryeowook replied calmly. "I have a severe message for you, princess of this realm."

"Is it from one of our mothers?" Eunna asked, noticing Snow and Shadow's reaction to the boy. Ryeowook bit his lip hesitantly and nodded. "What is it?"

"She said, 'Please, let Eunna know that the wolves must be set free.' That was her message to you." Ryeowook said gravely.

Eunna looked at Ryeowook closely before sighing and turning to her two most trusted wolves. "Where are the rest of the wolves?" Eunna asked softly.

"We left them in the cave to guard Doojoon." Seolgi replied calmly. "You know he is weak here."

"I do know that." Eunna agreed. She gestured vaguely in the distance. "See those? They are human by nature. They are stronger by nature." She said. "This all proves true in the theory of our mothers. The queens' laws in this realm. We can do nothing to change them."

"You have to let the wolves go." Ryeowook urged. "You can't delay this."

"I know Ryeowook-ssi." Eunna smiled lightly. She raised a hand, where a beautiful bracelet dangled from her wrist, and then used her mind to call out to her wolves, 'Come to me, all of you.' She turned to Shadow. "Transport them here, please, Shadow." She smiled. Shadow consented. The wolves appeared suddenly, Doojoon among them. "I couldn't leave him there alone." She said.

"What's going on?" Doojoon asked. His eyes narrowed at the distant ten vampires. "What are those? They emit a strong aura. This has to be reported to the council of BEAST. They are classified as beasts."

"Seolgi, Hyeri, Haemi and Shinhye, please do your best to protect this stupid vampire." Eunna ordered. "Ryeowook-ssi, you would do good in helping the girls."

"Eunna, what are you going to do?" Haemi asked, worried for her best friend.

"I won't die." Eunna said. "But there will be blood spilled." Eunna said coldly. 

"You have to..." Ryeowook warned.

"I know what I'm doing, hunter. I'll see you all later." Then, Eunna ran towards the ten vampires with the pack of wolves. "Moonlight, fall back!" Eunna shouted.

'What are you doing, Eunna? I thought we agreed to do it my way?' Moonlight asked as she pounced back to her pack.

"Plans changed. The boy told me something that I couldn't ignore." Eunna said. 

'Shadow, Snow, Sparkle, what's up with Eunna?' Moonlight questioned the other wolves.

'She's going to set us free.' Snow said softly. 

'WHAT?' Moonlight gasped. 'She can't. Please, Eunna, don't...'

Eunna smiled softly at the wolves she loved and cherished. "I love all of you but this is something that can't be avoided. We all know that we would part. One for one. One wolf for one. There had been twelve of you. One died. Now, there is eleven. There is ten of them. When we include the mastermind, there is eleven."

'Eunna, what are you doing?' Sparkle asked. 'You can't free all eleven of us! The magic is too strong!'

"The magic was created by our mothers. I know how to break it, as do the other girls, should I fail." Eunna stated. "I am merely using the easiest and fastest way of breaking the magic."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------