Chapter Ten

The Second Change (Hiatus)

When no one responded, Heechul repeated in a louder voice, "What's the repeated prophecy?"

There was a reaction this time round. The present council of BEAST were glancing at each other. It was obvious they knew the contents. "We can't tell you." Junhyung finally said. "We can't and even if we could, we won't."

"What do you mean you can't?" Heechul asked, his eyes narrowing even more. He looked fierce and scary now.

"We just can't. All listeners are sworn to secrecy of the repeated prophecy." Doojoon stated simply. "We're sorry but we can never break this rule. If we were to break it, we would no longer be the council of BEAST. We'd be outcasts. Away from civilization and sealed off."

"Is is that bad to break a rule?" Heechul stressed. "An unspoken rule?"

"It is." Doojoon said somberly. "We're sorry but we can't help you here."

"Fine, then I'll go out and find them back myself. They can't have gone far. It's been only thirteen minutes so far." Heechul moved towards the door.

"Like Sungmin-hyung said, you won't be able to find them." Hyunseung whispered. "The only ones who can find them are five equals. Five who have gone through equal pain and joy as the five girls."

"What do you mean?" Heechul persisted. "If you don't tell me anything..." He started.

"Just shut up." Kyuhyun shouted. Everyone flinched. "There's a reason for everything. The untold rule was told. In the repeated prophecy. Only, this rule is implemented just before Hwonsu killed the heiress. I don't know the exact contents but I know enough from picking around minds." He paused. "The place that the girls have gone, is safe. No one can harm them. No one since they are the ones who created that place. If anyone tries to harm them, the place will attack the attacker. The girls are free there. It's their only place of freedom."

"Yet, their only place of suffering." Eunhyuk and Yoseob whispered at the same time.

"We cannot do anything because it is their circle. Their past, their present, their future. Everything has been planned. Everything is in the repeated prophecy." Sungmin finished.

The rest of the room was silent until Dongwoon burst through the manor doors, Hwonsu in the air behind him. He dropped to the ground, weak and critically injured. All it took was just two simple words to cause chaos. "Hunter's Foundation..." Dongwoon managed before he fell unconscious.

The council of BEAST immediately took Dongwoon aside and Hwonsu. Where they went in the manor, no one knew since Hyunseung was most familiar with the place aside from Taemin and Eunna. Heechul and Jonghyun were not that familiar since the both of them grew up in another manor. Taemin, Jonghyun, Minho, Onew and Key were immediately on guard, putting aside their feelings for each other aside. 

Heechul was frozen with confusion and fear. He was bound to have felt a shift in the barriers. The four princes exchanged glances. They had never thought it was possible for the hunters to come and attack first. They never thought the hunters would come to the manor.

The door of the manor was pushed open and two people strolled in. They paused at the sight of the many vampires. "Oh." Was what one of them responded with. They didn't do anything, neither did the vampires though. After another minute of silence, the taller male fidgeted. "I'm looking for Jang Eunna. Is she here?" He blinked.

The vampires didn't react. Taemin stepped forward, taking a brave stab at conversation. "She's not in. Do you need any help or would you like to leave a message?"

"Ah...That's problematic." The boy stated. He glanced at his companion, who was wearing the same troubled look. He looked at Taemin, figuring that it was best to ask the boy who had spoken to them first, even if he was a vampire. "How about any of the other girls...? Like Lee Haemi, Im Seolgi, Im Shinhye?"

"They're not around, I'm sorry." Taemin replied. "Who are you, anyway?" Taemin's curiosity had gotten the better of him.

"Oh, sorry. We didn't introduce ourselves earlier on. My name's Kim Jongwoon. But you can call me Yesung. This here is Kim Ryeowook, he's my cousin. We're from the Hunter's Foundation. I'm sure you know all about us." He replied calmly.

This time, Taemin didn't respond. "You're from the Foundation. You do realize how much your life is in danger by just sauntering in here, into our lair, by yourself, don't you?" Jonghyun asked fiercely. "This is a vampire's land. You are trespassing on our grounds. We have every right to tear your throats out and kill you."

"You won't." Yesung replied. "Cause we're running from the Foundation. I'm sure the girls would understand." He paused. He nudged Ryeowook.

Ryeowook shot a glare to his cousin. Yesung glared back. They involved themselves in a glaring competition. "State your purpose here." Heechul said coldly. He was in no mood for jokes now.

"We came here to meet the girls." Yesung stated.

"No. Tell me what's your purpose for meeting the girls." Heechul growled.

Yesung frowned. He figured it wasn't a good thing to piss this vampire off. "Can we sit down first?" He asked pointedly. "My legs will get tired if I stand and tell the story." Heechul frowned but pointed to the nearest door. The two hunters entered the room after Heechul, the other five in the room following them. The door led to a living room. There were sofas and the two hunters helped themselves to be seated. 

"Speak now." Heechul said as he sat down himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter keeps getting longer and longer. It's now 214 in the morning here. I'm going to sleep now.

Thanks for spending time to read and do please comment! (: