Chapter Two

The Second Change (Hiatus)

Im Shinhye sat the floor, leaning against the wall, in a normal tee-shirt and a pair of jeans. She looked at the other girls in the room and sighed. "I did what you wanted me to...I told them of you girls." She paused. "You girls have to be careful now. I can't protect you since this was what you wanted."

"We know." Im Seolgi smiled. "I've already been taken to carrying a metal rod with me wherever I go." She raised the rod, taking it out from her bag.

"I'll look after Haemi, you just keep an eye out for Hyeri and Seolgi." Jang Eunna said, from where she lay on Lee Haemi's bed. Haemi sat just next to the bed, on the floor, pouring over an ancient book.

The five girls were in Haemi's room, which was situated on the second floor of the bungalow which she stayed in with her two older brothers. "What are you reading, Hae?" Shinhye asked in wonder. Haemi had been engrossed in the book even before Shinhye had arrived.

Choi Hyeri chuckled. "She's been reading it intently even before I arrived." Hyeri pointed out. That was amusing especially since Hyeri was normally one of the first to arrive at Haemi's house, after Eunna, since Eunna was a normal sleep-over guest.

Hyeri was a strong-built girl with a lot of arm power. She was raised to be one of the greatest wrestlers in the world, as her father initially thought that she was a boy. After it became evident that Hyeri was a girl, Hyeri just trained for self-defense, especially in the world that they lived in now, with what Vampires ruling over them.

Haemi suddenly closed the book shut, heaving a sigh. "That's a lot to take in at once." She said as she placed the book under her bed. "I can't believe I just wasted two hours reading a chapter."

"That's just because you read slow." Eunna commented wryly as she toyed with Haemi's monkey plush toy. All of a sudden, Eunna sat upright, straight, her face devoid of any emotion. Haemi let out a short gasp just as Shinhye narrowed her eyes. The three had felt something.

"What's wrong?" Seolgi asked, her voice soft and cautious. She knew that there was trouble if Haemi herself had sensed it.

Haemi was someone who was gifted with something called sixth sense to other humans. Only the five girls present had derived what Haemi really had. It had something to do with Haemi's ancestors and more importantly, her parents.

"There's a breach in the enchantments." Shinhye said. The enchantments were placed around the whole neighborhood. It was done by the combined efforts of Shinhye, Haemi, Eunna and Haemi's older brothers as well Seolgi's older brothers.

Seolgi had two older brothers, both related to her in some way. One was called Bang Cheolyong, otherwise known as Mir to everyone, and the other was Lee Sungjong. Both were made vampires. Sungjong had a gift for singing and was turned just because of that. Mir was turned because of his strength.

Haemi's older brothers were named Lee Donghae, who was Haemi's full brother, both being born from the same mother and father. Donghae was a normal human, who had many close shaves with being turned to a vampire. Her other brother, Son Dongwoon, was a made vampire. He was born human but turned at the age of one year old.

Haemi's room door opened softly and her older brothers stepped in. Dongwoon closed the door and looked around the room, eyes scrutinizing the place. "Haemi, there's been a breach. Did you feel it?" Dongwoon asked. Donghae was looking peeved, as he always did.

Haemi nodded. Shinhye rose to her feet. Suddenly, Eunna let out a hiss and she lunged in a flash towards Donghae. Donghae freaked out but he wasn't fast enough. Instead of Eunna hitting him, she flew right by him and smashed into an invisible figure there. 

Two heavily cloaked people appeared, one beneath Eunna, struggling wildly, and the other trying to pry Eunna off him. "Your highnesses..." Dongwoon gasped in shock.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Shinhye snarled. There was a flash of light from her and then Eunna was being held by Haemi and Hyeri as the two princes composed themselves. "I believe I had warned you to stay away from my grounds?"

Yang Yoseob, the younger of the two, who had been the one Eunna had pinned down, puffed his cheeks. It was amazing to see the prince actually show his emotions since they never did so in the presence of the assembly. "Do forgive us." Eunhyuk said smoothly, sounding sincere.

"Forgive us?" Yoseob repeated in a sneer. "I don't listen to words from our coven." He emphasized his position by deliberately saying 'coven' louder.

"Enough, we came here on official business." Eunhyuk snapped, irritated by his 'brother'. "You act so childish for your age."

"I am childish." Yoseob pouted in response. Eunhyuk's eyes swept over the room and rested on Hyeri, who was staring determinedly back. Yoseob was looking around in wonder and he paused at Seolgi.

"Why are you here? I am the guardian for this household and you are overstepping your boundaries by coming into my territory." Donghae said, annoyed. "I may be a pathetic human in your eyes but don't forget that this is my house and I do have the power to send you out."

Eunhyuk looked at Donghae. Donghae stared at them and the air around them seemed to flicker. "Are you sure that you have the power to send me out?" Eunhyuk asked softly. Donghae narrowed his eyes and looked away to Yoseob.

"Your reaction is fast." Yoseob had finally pried his eyes away from Seolgi and turned to Eunna. Eunna looked up at Yoseob but chose to remain silent. "Are you a newborn?" He asked.

"Your blood calls her to you." Dongwoon stepped in. "She was recently turned."

"By who?" Eunhyuk asked, seemingly interested in the conversation. There wasn't any scent from the girl but there was no doubt that she was a vampire. He could feel the vibes from her.

Eunna's eyes who had been covered by her bangs the whole time was soon revealed when Yoseob took a curious step towards her. She had willed her eyes to turn red to aid the statement Dongwoon had came up with on the spot. When Yoseob had moved towards her, Eunna had reacted instinctively, taking a step back. Her hair flew up and dropped slowly back down.

The two princes could only gasp at the color of the eyes. She stared, as hungrily as she could, at the vampire lords, imagining them to be a pork bun, which was what she was craving for at that very moment. Eunhyuk shifted uncomfortably at her expression. “She looks rather hungry.” He commented as even as he could.

All of a sudden, Eunna turned towards the glass balcony door, which connected Haemi's room to a large spacious balcony outside, which overlooked the garden. Eunna's eyes were still blood red and then, she lunged for the door. She didn't smash at it, since Shinhye, who was near the door, had pulled the door open and Eunna sailed through it but instead of hitting something, she slashed out. There was a hiss in reply and another voice cursing.

Eunna had pinned down another invisible figure. Sungmin appeared soon after, with Kyuhyun standing by the side. Kyuhyun raised a hand to attack Eunna when Haemi pulled Eunna off the prince. Kyuhyun's eyes turned to Haemi, who stared defiantly back.

Eunna snarled at Kyuhyun as Sungmin got up to his feet. The atmosphere dropped when Kyuhyun said something that the girls didn't expect. "You're not a vampire, are you?"

Eunna was the one who overcame her shock first. She got out of Haemi's grip and rolled her eyes, her eyes turning back to brown. Sungmin and Kyuhyun entered the room, Eunna closing and locking the balcony door after that. Hyeri and Seolgi stared at her like she had done something wrong.

"There's always someone watching. We must be cautious." Sungmin answered their unasked question, being the mind-reader he was. He nudged Kyuhyun after awhile. Kyuhyun turned to look at his hyung when he was distracted by Shinhye.

"I thought I warned you to stay away from me?" Shinhye asked, her voice dangerous.

She held out her right hand. Eunna narrowed her eyes and glanced once at Dongwoon. Dongwoon was already on guard. The two knew what Shinhye was going to do. "Don't even think about it." Sungmin smiled softly. "I can easily crush your mind."

Haemi moved immediately. "You want to crush our minds?" She asked, her anger rising. She hated it whenever vampires took advantage of humans, by controlling and reading their minds. "Oh, to hell with you." She hissed.

Sungmin narrowed his eyes and tried to attack her mind. He faced a complete block. Yoseob and Eunhyuk waited for the girl to crumble to the ground since she had pretty much just scolded Sungmin and Sungmin didn't like being scolded. Sungmin traced the borders of Haemi's mind, unable to find a breakthrough. 'That's weird...' He thought.

"Stop trying. It's useless." Kyuhyun said, placing a hand on Sungmin's shoulder. Sungmin, whose eyes had turned red, and was in an about to attack position relaxed. Kyuhyun turned to face Eunna who stared calmly back. Kyuhyun glanced at Eunhyuk, who was constantly glancing at the girl with muscles and the human boy and Yoseob, who was glancing at the shortest girl in the room.

He sighed then. "It seems that I finally figured out why we were made to take the throne." Kyuhyun stated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is such a long chapter! Maybe it's because I put a lot of parts into this!

What does this mean? O: 
Did you guys get the matching of the girls correct? (: 
If you didn't get it, I'll show it to you here!

Yoseob likes Seolgi
Eunhyuk AND Hyeri
Sungmin with Haemi
ANDDDDD
Kyuhyun and Eunna!
 

So obviously, everyone knows that Ryeowook and Shinhye would be together from the picture! :D

HAHAS! Hope you all enjoy it! I'm actually pushing the story a little faster now. As compared to my original draft, it was like five pages on Microsoft Word to here.

Anyways, please do comment to show that you're there. I dislike silent readers! Comments give me hope and happiness! It makes me want to write and post more!

That aside, I love all my readers! I'll try to update the next chapter later if not tomorrow!