Chapter Twelve

The Second Change (Hiatus)

Ryeowook stared at the woman who floated ten centimeters above the ground, wearing a white dress. She was pale but her beauty was unmatchable. He blinked and the woman smiled at him. 'Young Kim Ryeowook, you are so close to finding her.' The woman smiled. 'I am sorry for what my race did to you but do know that these vampires,' She waved a hand vaguely at the vampires in the room, all staring curiously at Ryeowook, 'can be trusted.'

'What?' Ryeowook's mind formed that thought. 

'You are different from the other four princes.' The woman stated. 'My daughter may not have chosen you as her one but her friend has. The child will be your soul's true mate.' The woman paused. 'My daughter's soul-mate can tell that you are having a conversation with someone beyond.' She turned to Sungmin. 'He feels me but he cannot see or hear me, like you can. The girls, all, can see me. I am glad that they are not around here, otherwise, it'd be difficult to converse with you.'

'Soul-mate?' Ryeowook was confused now.

'Don't worry yourself, dear child. With such strong psychic powers, you are sure to be able to figure it out soon. My sole purpose is to warn you. The Foundation has pitted itself against you. They want the ring back. That ring, as you should have guessed by now, belongs to me.' The woman said, staring at the ring in Yesung's fingers. 'You must protect it and give it to my daughter. She is Lee Haemi. Your soul-mate, is none other, than what your family detests the most, a vampire. She understands the ways of the prophecies. She, being there present, was enough.'

'Your time is running out.' Ryeowook commented, aware of another presence now, Sungmin's, he guessed.

'That it true. Im Shinhye, remember her name. You know the prophecy. You know the way. You know the choices given. Yours, like I said, is a special case. Only the weaker of the ten will know. But, the weaker six. I am not saying you are not strong enough but physically, as a human, you are in more of a danger. Shinhye, as a vampire, is still but female. She is not strong enough to be able to protect you yet.' The woman paused. 'Please, let Eunna know that the wolves must be set free.'

'Goodbye.' Ryeowook seemed to understand suddenly. The other mind hovered around for awhile before Ryeowook gently pushed it out with his own willpower. Sungmin dropped to the ground, eyes wide, as he stared at Ryeowook. Everyone stared at Sungmin. Ryeowook smiled before sending a thought to Sungmin, aware that the vampires could sense and read it. 'Stay out of my mind if you know what's good for you. Too much knowledge can kill you.'

"What?!" Key blinked in confusion.

"Huh?" Yesung innocently asked. He was clearly unaware of what was happening.

Ryeowook tugged on Yesung's shoulder, ignoring the looks the vampires were giving him. He vaguely noticed Jonghyun and Taemin conversing in low voices, not even looking at him. Heechul was eying him but did not say anything. The princes were glancing at each other constantly but kept their gazes on him. Yesung turned to Ryeowook and Ryeowook took the ring in Yesung's moment of surprise. He slipped the ring onto his finger and smiled.

"What?" Yesung nudged Ryeowook. "That ring's top priority. I thought we agreed..." He trailed off.

Ryeowook just smiled back reassuringly, as if saying, "Don't worry, I got it covered."

"What was that?" Sungmin stared at Ryeowook. "Who were you conversing with?" Ryeowook kept his silence, because he couldn't talk after all. "ANSWER ME!" Sungmin snarled as he lunged towards the hunter.

"HYUNG!" Kyuhyun shouted. His hand shot forward automatically and dark tendrils grabbed his 'brother' back and stopped Sungmin from attacking Ryeowook. Kyuhyun blinked at what he did. He didn't believe that he just did that. "What...did I just do?" He asked aloud, shocked by himself.

"What's going on here?" Hyunseung stood at the door, Doojoon behind him. The two council of BEAST members looked around the room. No one spoke. It wasn't a good idea to tick off the council who could take down the vampire king. "I asked, what's going on here? You're talking to the hunters? Why didn't you kill them?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! (:

Please comment if you can!

I know it's a short chapter but the next will be with the girls! (:

School's going to end soon so hopefully, I can finish this story during the holidays!